Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soviet778

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:22 pm
i'm Ryan. I'm 17 and from Canada. i used to be Catholic up until a few years ago. I'm go to a Catholic school (which kinda sucks). I'm a commie and have been for a while. i dunno what else to say. I guess i turned away from religion because i found more truth in Marxist philosophy. Relgion is stupid, and since i go to a Catholic school i often find myself debating with teachers about morality, god, etc. i'm a fairly liberal person, and i hate all those right-wing religious freaks who are anti-choice and anti-gay.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:37 pm
Name: Gabrielle
Name at school: G2 thus the SN
State: Georgia
State of mind: On the brink of insanity
Old religion: Catholic
Why I left: Never went to church and thus created no feeling of their actually being a religion. Then I read parts of the bible and it sealed the fate of my faith.
Reactions: How can you believe in nothing?
Weirdest friend: Callie, the daughter of a minister.
Interests: band, writing, getting my opinions heard, yelling at people who question me  

G2_00

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:03 pm
Welcome one, welcome all!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:09 pm
I am Baked Jesus. and umm... well i dunno i like to skate and write stories. I love to read too. 3nodding

I hope to learn more about atheism here. And i hope that i can learn to debate religion better too. Considering i got a "D" on that project last year. gonk  

Baked Jesus

puresilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:38 pm
I am, and will always remain, puresilver. Not because I am pure, and not because I am full of/coated with silver. I am puresilver because the name itself screams of the deep, bottomless pit in my heart, devoid of any love or caring. It tells of the passion and intensity in life, leaving a lasting impression on all who come across it. That's why I am... puresilver.

I, puresilver, was never truly religious- for someone with such a strong, pounding name such as puresilver quickly realizes the faults in religion, and quickly corrects herself. While someone with such a mighty name might have been baptized methodist and raised somewhat catholic, she couldn't possible succumb to the fantasies of religion. For the name puresilver speaks of a quickness, a cleverness, an intelligence that would surely force a person bearing such a name to dismiss the bible in fifth/sixth grade. Such a girl would become agnostic at the beginning of seventh grade, perhaps even atheist by the end.

But no one can truly say what such a name can bring about- for that is just another gift that speaks of the mystery, the majesty, the power of the name 'puresilver'.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:11 pm
I'm almost 17 and my irl nickname is De or Annie.

I was raised to be a Catholic, but my family seldomly went to church. After a while, I became Agnostic, but I just feel like there couldn't be a God now. I'm not very depressed though. Its more of a relief. domokun  

Darth Maou

Zombugger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:16 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:09 am
Name: Ebron

Age: Not as old as you think...I'll let your imagination run away with that.

Location: Not, unfortunately in Canada. I bet you'll never guess it.

Interests: Debating really stupid topics, reading, writing, eating, and tormenting poor, not-very-innocent people on the Internet.

Why I'm Atheist: I'm Chinese. I grew up in a non-church going household. I never thought it odd that I didn't believe in God. My mother always taught me that if you must believe in a higher power to explain your faults, then you must be too weak to handle your own problems. Weakness=failure. Part of my opposition specifically to Christianity is their reaction. I keep thinking that if I let myself believe what they believe, I'll want to push it on others. Which is not cool, and very nosy and obnoxious.

"I'm...not a Christian."
"OMG WTF!!!11oneoneone!! U r totally going to Hell! U have to c** to church w/ me sumday!" Which confuses me, because I don't believe in Hell/Heaven, either, and I'd already informed them of it. They didn't...actually...talk like "OMG WTF." Just in case you were wondering.  

Coffee Some More

4,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100

MightyHikaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:14 am
Hello all

My name, Guilherme. Anyone who can pronounce that gets a candy bar.

Interests: Anime, japanese culture, philosophy and arguing. SPECIALLY about religion. I can't get enough of it... I think i'm addicted gonk

Why I'm an atheist: Well... I could go on and on about this here. But I normally would go through such trouble only to argue with christians and the like. Let's just say I don't need an imaginary friend to feel good about my life.

If you ever find some christian fanatics, let me know and we'll have a good time arguing!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:41 am
Anata

However, I still consider myself Jewish, just not in the ?religion? sense; Judaism is part of my culture, so I don?t follow the Torah at all, but I do participate in some of the holidays

I know a few people like that- Judaism is just so ingrained on a person's cuture- a lot more so than any other main-stream religion.  

puresilver

Indecisive Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:05 pm
Hi, I'm Sam, but I prefer to go by Indy. I'm 14 years old, and I am just going in to highshcool. I live in Canada; Ontario to be exact. I'm an atheist because about 4 or 5 years ago I had very pushy christian friends who flaunted their religion and thought it made them special. They tried to force me to come to church with them, and when I declined they literally shunned me. So that was what first caused me to start looking for different explanations.

I also find it really hard to believe that there was nothing here and then *poof* 2 people were standing in the middle of a pretty little garden. Anyway I think that pretty much sums it up in the easiest possible way. Evolution has been proved, and I trust science. And if I didn't I'd rather look to it, than to a giant spirit who created us for who knows what reason (school science project??)

Anyway, my hobbies include dancing, debating things, reading, writing, and obsessing over people such as John Cusack and David Gilmour.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:38 am
Indecisive Monkey

Anyway, my hobbies include dancing, debating things, reading, writing, and obsessing over people such as John Cusack and David Gilmore.

Who?  

puresilver

Indecisive Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:12 pm
puresilver
Indecisive Monkey

Anyway, my hobbies include dancing, debating things, reading, writing, and obsessing over people such as John Cusack and David Gilmore.

Who?

John Cusack is an actor. 2 movies I like with him in it are Better Off Dead (I want my 2 dollars!!) and Serendipity. David Gilmour (Which I spelt wrong in my first post...Oops. New obsession.) is a member of Pink Floyd.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:19 pm
Indecisive Monkey
puresilver
Indecisive Monkey

Who?

John Cusack is an actor. 2 movies I like with him in it are Better Off Dead (I want my 2 dollars!!) and Serendipity. David Gilmour (Which I spelt wrong in my first post...Oops. New obsession.) is a member of Pink Floyd.

Wasn't John Cusack in High Fidelity?  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

Indecisive Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:28 pm
mrtommyos
Indecisive Monkey
puresilver
Indecisive Monkey

Who?

Wasn't John Cusack in High Fidelity?

Yup. I just mentioned my 2 favourite films with him in it. He's been in a lot of stuff.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff