Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:50 am
"Your church doesn't like alcohol and homosexuals... Well then I'm definitely not joining.

Can't imagine Heaven without both."

-Lila from the movie Latter Days  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 pm
They're cool as long as they don't try to come onto me >:l

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:33 am
I don't hate gay people or anything, but I CAN feel uncomfortable around them. It's just a bit odd, but I can deal with it o.O
I have a decent amount of gay/ bisexual friends o.o
They're cool =]
I do make fun of gay people sometimes, but people have to understand that I make fun of anything and everything sweatdrop It seems I offend lots of people at my school. (*cough* vegetarians, blacks, asians, christians)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:55 am

User Image

I'm very supportive of gay people.
I did some protests with them for stopping the ban on their marriage this year... Sadly we lost.
: (

User Image

Marukar

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 pm
It's totally cool with me. Hey, what ever makes you happy...

They're no different than we are, we're all people, we all deserve the same things.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:33 am
As long as everyone involved communicates consent somehow, I'm cool with it.

Not that I get it, I mean, how can anyone, gay male or staight female, like men? We are all ew!  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Skyler Crouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:24 am
Yay for gays! xd We need more love in this world.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 pm
Right, because people who favour those with similar genetalia are so much better, and bring so much more love than those who prefer different genetalia...  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:28 am
Gracchvs
Right, because people who favour those with similar genetalia are so much better, and bring so much more love than those who prefer different genetalia...
User Image

Dude, when did anyone ever say that? I think you're reading into it. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:13 am
The post above mine.
Yay for gays: specific preference, saying that gay people are better.
We need more love in the world: Gays are better and provide more love than straight people.

Seriously, it is really ******** annoying to be straight and left sometimes. I go to a IWD rally, or Gay Rights protest, and because I am a straight male I am relegated to the sidelines to hand out leaflets, at best. I can't show my solidarity or my desire to fight the protested wrongdoing. Sometimes even treated like s**t because I am a straight male, as if I am the cause of all the s**t in the world. Somehow, because I am straight, I am worth less than a gay person? And yet the same people who treat me like that will rail against the bigotry of the church or whatever in particular they are protesting. I get treated as some sort of 'crusader' that exists outside the movement of any minority, that has nothing to do with it, as if just demanding that everybodies democratic rights be upheld is not enough.

If I was some bigot, well, I wouldn't care about that would I?  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:05 pm
As far as I'm concerned, one's sexuality is like one's race or gender: it's an innate part of who you are at your core (not a choice) and therefore not something that can be legislated or judged by.

Besides which, I know many gay people who are simply wonderful, good people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:16 pm
"And this is not something I am making up...whenever I think of something sexual involving another man, I have the worst gas ever. Yeah, weird...But considering sexual acts between man and man involve that area...I think it might be a sign from God? I mean, he does have a sense of humor after all... He gave everyone theirs!"
In some Christian Guild I got invited to! xD

And I think homosexuality is perfectly fine. Love is love, I don't know how many people here have already said that. You can't change who you love and not only "who" but the kind of PEOPLE you love, and the worst thing somebody can do to you is hate you for that.

Bunnehhh

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:39 pm
Gracchvs

That's false, I OBJECT! scream

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 pm
Gracchvs
The post above mine.
Yay for gays: specific preference, saying that gay people are better.
We need more love in the world: Gays are better and provide more love than straight people.

*facepalm* That's not what I meant, at all.
Yay for gays: I welcome homosexuality.
We need more love in the world: by accepting people who are gay, we remove one more source of bigotry and make the world a better place.  

Skyler Crouse

Athena_Ritashe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm
I must say that interaction between gays and straights can be kinda weird. I have a gay sister who is married (legally married when it was allowed in california) My land lady is a wonderful enlightened black lesbian who loves to scatter random kubiahs in conversation and many of my friends are gay. So I must say there are some pretty cool gay people out there. Don't have a problem with them.

Although I was at a party last saturday and there were a few bisexuals and lesbians in the mix. I'm 95 % straight and since society is pretty lax about how girls interact with each other I ended up cuddling with some girls and stuff. From my perspective it was just harmless cuddling since I'm not attracted to girls, but then a lesbian would probably feel difficulty in such a situation. A lesbian would be around a bunch of attractive girls that would be affectionate, but not necessarily take her seriously (at least not most) so being gay must come with its challenges.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff