Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What Pisses You Off Today? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feeling on Ann Coulter.....
  Die....NOW!
  Ok person
  I adore Ann Coulter. (Can you really say that with a strait face?)
View Results

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:31 pm
Lethkhar
[x] Natasha [x]
how i was told that the person i like wouldn't go out with me because i'm not indie...and that i'm apparantly "too emo"

Lose a bit of the eyeliner and wear something other than black. Done. smile

Of course, if you listen to s**t like My Chemical Romance (Another thing that pisses me off) then I can't help you.
Does anyone but me find it incredibly ironic that indie people actually accept a label? You'd think indies would be completely against labeling. lol

But that's just me.

It would seem weird, but hey, somepeople care, some people don't.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:43 pm
I don't think being gay has anything to do with emo. Although, a lot of gay men that I know are rather... er... whiney. Its the drama they put upon themselves. And too emo, I would suppose, would mean the style. Not necessarily the way one acts. Since, now-a-days, emo is a fashion statement, not a life-style. It went from prep, to goth, to emo. So if you're dressing to be "goth" then you're probably gonna be mistaken for emo. Its Hot Topic. Blame them.

And it pisses me off when people assume things about things they don't understand. We were talking about morals and religion and one kid said "But aren't morals derived from religion?" (my teacher the previous day had alluded to needing a belief in a god to be moral/ethical >: ( ) and I piped up (was ignored cause there was a clamor of 'yeah's and 'naw's) that religions were derived from morals. And my teacher said "Well, not necessarily, because doesn't every religion have a basic decree "Thou shalt not kill?" And I was all "Yeah!" And then this one kid was all "Not all of them." And some girl piped up that it was just the radicals that had the notion of killing being good (I agree). But, so I assume, he believed that just his religion (whatever it may be) was one of the very few that had that belief. But in reality, everyone does. Even muslims. I don't think that Muhammad walked around pointing at random strangers and saying "Kill the infidel!" He was a pacifist (as much as one could be during the crusades or whenever he lived) as much as the next prophet/demigod/son-of-blank.

.... Sorry, that was a long rant of nothing... doesn't make sense to those not in my head.... But, thats what made me mad/uncomfortable today.  

PickleBoy

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:06 am
PickleBoy
And it pisses me off when people assume things about things they don't understand. We were talking about morals and religion and one kid said "But aren't morals derived from religion?" (my teacher the previous day had alluded to needing a belief in a god to be moral/ethical >: ( ) and I piped up (was ignored cause there was a clamor of 'yeah's and 'naw's) that religions were derived from morals. And my teacher said "Well, not necessarily, because doesn't every religion have a basic decree "Thou shalt not kill?" And I was all "Yeah!" And then this one kid was all "Not all of them." And some girl piped up that it was just the radicals that had the notion of killing being good (I agree). But, so I assume, he believed that just his religion (whatever it may be) was one of the very few that had that belief. But in reality, everyone does. Even muslims. I don't think that Muhammad walked around pointing at random strangers and saying "Kill the infidel!" He was a pacifist (as much as one could be during the crusades or whenever he lived) as much as the next prophet/demigod/son-of-blank.

.... Sorry, that was a long rant of nothing... doesn't make sense to those not in my head.... But, thats what made me mad/uncomfortable today.
I understood it, and I'm not in your head.

...or am I? ninja

I can empathize, with the whole being ignored when you have something important to say in class thing. Used to happen to me all the time. neutral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:14 pm
It pisses me off, when I don't have the right to break my own head on school grounds (I tilt in my chair, and they dont like it). It's not like a teacher in there would miss me after the crap i put them through.  

The Candy Store Massacre

russiangal367

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:26 pm
It really pisses me off that we learn math on computers in my school. I know how to do simple quantum mechanics and they won't let me move on from quadratic theory! I'm one of the few kids in the class who cares about how to get the theorum rather than memorizing it. Same thing with Pathagoream (Sp?) Theorum  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:39 pm
russiangal367
It really pisses me off that we learn math on computers in my school. I know how to do simple quantum mechanics and they won't let me move on from quadratic theory! I'm one of the few kids in the class who cares about how to get the theorum rather than memorizing it. Same thing with Pathagoream (Sp?) Theorum

...You're 13...and doing quantum mechanics..that's like *counts in head*...12 maths ahead of where you should be.  

The Candy Store Massacre

russiangal367

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:51 pm
I'm a daughter of two physists. They taught me. I have an IQ just above genius. That explain it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:06 pm
How come it's hard for to believe that...

Hmmm, that reminds me, liers piss me off. Well, only the dumb ones who don't know how to lie.  

AnonymouZ

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:09 pm
Anonymouz
How come it's hard for to believe that...

Hmmm, that reminds me, liers piss me off. Well, only the dumb ones who don't know how to lie.
No offense but... is there a nice way to ask what someone with an iq of over 160 is doing on gaia? It seems that there would be more meaningful ways for you to spend your time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 pm
Meh, she/he's 13. Wait till their 30 and the next world dictator, or the person who creates the next biggest weapon known to man kind, or, even better, the next Bill Gates. Then you'd REALLY have something to wonder about.  

PickleBoy

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 pm
russiangal367
I'm a daughter of two physists. They taught me. I have an IQ just above genius. That explain it?

"Physist"? confused Is that even a word?

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Suggestions for physist:
1. fizziest
2. fascist
3. fussiest
4. fuzziest
5. physiques
6. feistiest
7. fishiest
8. ficins
9. fists
10. feists

Nope, apparently not.

Did you mean "physicist"? lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:34 pm
I had something that really pissed me off before the winter brak from school. (Would of posted this erlier, but had no time.)

I'm in the school's NJROTC organization and it's my Senior year. my previous year I had ben recomended for a promotion to an officer position at least TWICE which is rather unheard of for a jounior to accomplish. (I got passed over for Seniors, which is understandable.) This would usually meant that i'm doing pretty well right? You know what they do to me now that I am a senior? They've kept me stuck in the enlisted ranks. I got passed over for all the staff and platoon leader and sub-officer positions at the begingin of the year. Recently, our executive Officer got expelled, so there where massive promotions just waiting to be grabbed. (Note that I had been busting my a** since the begining of the year from that first faliure.) So, at the last Annual Inspection practice we had before the break, all the promotions where announced. I had gotten passed over again. I was pissed...at myself. I figure it had to be some faliure of mine and to me failure is not an option. I went off ater the practice and kciked one of the gym's bleachers hard enough to put a fair-sized dent in it. Everyone bcaked away of course. Then my Commanding Officer comes over to see what wrong. I, of course, tell him whats wrong.

Now here is the part that REALLY pisses me off. He had the audacity to say it was part of some divine plan that I hadn't been promoted yet. (He said wheiter I believe it or not...) He knew full well that I am an Atheist and don't believe in such drivel. Isn't a leader supposed to respect the beliefs of others and not force his on others? then again, he wasn't a good leader to begin with. (9 10ths of the unit is still clueless on how he got the CO position when there where many more qualified cadtes out there.) So, now I'm not going to be able to make an officer position untill at least after Annual inspection, and thats if they don't decied to give me the short end of the stick again. (And there WILL be, I use the term loosly, HELL to pay if they don't I redoubled my efforts yet again. Leaving o margin for error or lack of effciency. Frankly they don't have a chocie but to promote me after Annual inspection.)  

Zoten

Distinct Explorer

4,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 pm
Lethkhar
russiangal367

"Physist"? confused Is that even a word?

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Suggestions for physist:
1. fizziest
2. fascist
3. fussiest
4. fuzziest
5. physiques
6. feistiest
7. fishiest
8. ficins
9. fists
10. feists

Nope, apparently not.

Did you mean "physicist"? lol

I believe the word lethkar was looking for was p00ned, meaning, owned in a humiliating manner, yes, yes i will use it in a sentence, Dear god jenkins! What? You just got p00ned! lol I'm sorry but his argument holds better ground.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:35 am
Meh, I misspell s**t all the time, and often I forget words like "the" or "a." A couple people thought I was Asian, because "I type better part of paragraph like this. So they think I foriegn."

Maybe I'm dyslexic or something?
neutral  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ChocoChan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:38 am
Well, it's too early to think about things.
But I'm pissed off at the weather people.
We were supposed to get snow
(non-existent white fluff, for west Texas)
But all we've gotten is rain.
ENDLESS RAIN!!!

DAAAMMMNNN YOOOUUUU COLD FRONT!!!!!

_-_  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items