Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I Just Like Music! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Balcerzak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:44 pm
[ciretose]
Balcerzak

Bonus points to people who can PM with proof they know of some of the more obscure bands on there. (What these points are good for and how to redeem them . . . I have no idea smile )

eh. i'm not going to PM, but my friend loves lacuna coil and we trade cds a lot. i like 'comalies', '1.19', and 'cold heritage'
as for my personal favorites..

[take a look at me, i'm a loser]

Keen, I like their older stuff better than Comalies, but it's still a good album! And no you're not a loser.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:57 pm
I have completely fallen in love with the song "Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie. Completely fallen.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Kiron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:13 pm
The Beatle' s.
Led Zepplin.
Buena vista social club.
Bob Marley and the wailers.
Blind Guardian.
Cornelius.
Rage against the Machine.
Iron Maiden.
Queen

Is what I am listning to at the moment, with just random Classical pieces thrown in to the playlist as well.

Hey Jude >>>>> All song' s ever, Fact.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:38 am
I like 80's metal. Actually, 80's all around. A couple of songs are too heavy for me, though.

c** on Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot.
Turn Up the Radio by Autograph.
(Keep Feeling) Fascination by The Human League.
Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.  

Minozake

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:08 am
Lately I've been doing pretty much anything by Coheed & Cambria. "Once Upon Your Dead Body" at the moment...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:03 am
My favourite song EVER is "One night in bangkok" by Murray Head, from Chess: the musical. I havn't seen the musical, but I love the song. Any one else heard it? It's such a happy, dancey, magical song... makes you think of warm summer evenings in the middle of a busy yet exciting city, with a hint of romance thrown in.

Best feel-good song is either: The Final Countdown by Europe, or "Don't stop me now" by Queen xd

My fave artists, in order of preference:

~ The Demon Barbers (I will actually die of shock if anyone on gaia at all has heard of them, them being a local folk/electronica music band xD)
~ Faithless
~ Counting Crows
~ R.E.M
~ Sting
~ Red Hot Chili Peppers
~ Placebo
~ Incubus
~ Queen
~ The Offspring
~ Green Day
~ Robert Miles

Mainly dance, rock etc. Also a lot of modern rock like The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, Embrace, etc etc.

Bit of Emo too ( redface ), Taking Back Sunday, Scary Kids Scaring Kids...

Muaethia

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:46 am

I was looking for this topic a while ago to bring it back and I couldn't find it D: I must be going blind in my old age.

I like the Crystal Method a lot right now. And some random things by the Bloodhound Gang, OutKast, and Cypress Hill. Oddly enough, my like for Tom Petty has resurfaced as well. xD
And Nine Inch Nail's cover of Get Down, Make Love. I even got to hear it live.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:11 pm
My music tastes haven't changed much.

I still listen to the older Linkin Park CD's(the ones before they started screwing around with other artists). I still listen to Perfect Circle, Papa Roach, Disturbed, The Alan Parsons Project, and perhaps a few odd ball others.

I like New Age music too. My two favorite New Age artists are David Arkenstone, and Karunesh. Karunesh is a recent discover. I've got two of his CD's so far, and I adore both of them!

Zen Breakfest is especially spectacular to listen to...and relax to. Of course you'd have to be a New Age fan to really like some of the stuff Karunesh puts out.

Sanguvixen

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:23 pm
I love alot of music:

Marilyn Manson
Seether
Evanescence
KoRn
Arch Enemy
Slipknot
Disturbed
Apocalyptica

The list goes on...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:48 pm
Well, I'm glad to see we got a lot of rockers in here. I like rock, but I've been known to quite often listen to some random s**t. I've listened to "Cow With Guns" over a dozen times in the last week, and I've really been digging "Why Don't Ya Do Right" by Amy Irving. You know, that song sung by Jessica Rabbit in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Yami-no-Albedo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:44 am
I love almost any kind of rock. My favorite bands are Bowling for Soup (Like punk rock, but happier), System of a Down (A bucket full of weird goodness), Flogging Molly (punk with an Irish folk music twist), and Green Day (everyone knows Green Day...). However, I'm also known to listen to other, more non-convential things. I love to listen to music from DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). Most of it's techno-ish, and it's all good. And now for a list of all the bands I listen to...
Weird Al Yankovic
AFI
Naoki Maeda
Gorillaz
BFS
SoaD
Flogging Molly
Green Day
Blue October
Lostprophets
Cibo Matto
Captain Jack
Vengaboys
Adam and Andrew
Black Sabbath
Des-Row...
and MANY more.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:19 pm
I'm just going to post in this music thread because people are more active here. 3nodding The reason I couldn't find this one is because it was on the front page. sweatdrop Silly me. surprised

Here's more detailed info about what I like:

Favorite musicians (In alphabetical order): The Beatles, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, The Doors, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, The Sex Pistols, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Stooges, Syd Barrett

I also have many other musicians on my iPod that I'm too lazy to list.

Favorite CD's: Are You Experienced?, Construction Time Again, Dark Side of the Moon, The Doors, Gish, In Utero, Led Zeppelin IV, Low, The Madcap Laughs, The Man Who Sold The World, Morrison Hotel, Nevermind, Nevermind The Bollocks..., The Piper At The Gates of Dawn, Please Please Me, Raw Power, Siamese Dream, Violator

Orson Welles

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:40 pm
Blasphemize
I'm just going to post in this music thread because people are more active here. 3nodding The reason I couldn't find this one is because it was on the front page. sweatdrop Silly me. surprised

Favorite musicians (In alphabetical order): The Beatles, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, The Doors, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, The Sex Pistols, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Stooges, Syd Barrett

Favorite CD's: Are You Experienced?, Construction Time Again, Dark Side of the Moon, The Doors, Gish, In Utero, Led Zeppelin IV, Low, The Madcap Laughs, The Man Who Sold The World, Morrison Hotel, Nevermind, Nevermind The Bollocks..., The Piper At The Gates of Dawn, Please Please Me, Raw Power, Siamese Dream, Violator

Some good stuff. I actually like Playing the Angel better than Violator. :0 I first heard it in the car on the way back from VA beach from seeing Nine Inch Nails. I had vague memories of some Depeche Mode stuff I hadn't heard before and it took me forever to find it xD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:32 am
c a u s t i c
Blasphemize

Some good stuff. I actually like Playing the Angel better than Violator. :0 I first heard it in the car on the way back from VA beach from seeing Nine Inch Nails. I had vague memories of some Depeche Mode stuff I hadn't heard before and it took me forever to find it xD
I actually have yet to hear Playing The Angel. I liked the few songs I heard on it, though. 3nodding  

Orson Welles

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:56 pm
Has anyone here heard of The Reverse Engineers? Meloves them! heart  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items