Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
huh? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dead.moki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:01 pm
I'm from, and live in, the US... I speak English and am taking Japanese in school. heart Goooo Seattle!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:03 am
Me neither... but I'm from England! *proud* The world of rain and Earls!  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:08 am
Jainith
im from Panama and i speak spanish..... is impossible to find a manga in a store because there no much people who knows that manga and anime exist

I wasn't really...say...encoraged to buy manga at all... However, when you turn 18 and get your own credit card (or job) they can't stop you. I'm sure they'll get used to the idea, even if it takes a few years.

Jainith
no but i cant because my parents always say to me that youre a lady

Why does that matter when you just want to order manga? I am a lady. I have hair past my waist and I wear long skirts. I cry when I read sad things. yet, I order off Sasuga Books...
Is there any logic to what your mother is saying?

It seems your mother doesn't understand what you are asking... Maybe you should list all the experience that you will gain for ordering online. Make a list of how you will better as a person if you order Yuki-sans work? I do that and my parents get bored and let me.

It's called 'training'... works every time cool  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:39 pm
I'm also in the US of A. smile In boring Ohio where nothing happens. I can speak english and french fluently. I can also speak Latin fluently, but there's no reason to be able to do that, I learned latin mostly for the purpose of reading really old manuscripts and artifacts in mueseums and old libraries. It's come in handy a few times, but not often...
I'm slowly teaching myself german and japanese. I love languages. smile  

YGOPaladin

dead.moki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:57 pm
YGOPaladin
I'm also in the US of A. smile In boring Ohio where nothing happens. I can speak english and french fluently. I can also speak Latin fluently, but there's no reason to be able to do that, I learned latin mostly for the purpose of reading really old manuscripts and artifacts in mueseums and old libraries. It's come in handy a few times, but not often...

Wow, that's really great that you know/ are learning so many languages. That's something that I really admire. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:23 pm
dead.moki
YGOPaladin

Wow, that's really great that you know/ are learning so many languages. That's something that I really admire. smile

Ever since I was a little kid I've been obsessed with the idea that there are billions of people in this world, and 100's of languages... I find that so interesting, it almost makes my head spin. I've always been intrigued by different cultures and trying to learn as much as I can about other people and ways of life. One of my big goals in life is to learn enough languages that I can spend one year of my life back packing throughout the world, and be self-sustaining. So I have to learn enough languages to do that. I know a lot of people throughout the world know english, but that would take all the fun out of the adventure! So, I gotta learn a bunch of languages! And then I can travel the world and it'll be a good time! We'll see if THAT ever happens smile  

YGOPaladin

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 am
YGOPaladin
dead.moki
YGOPaladin

Ever since I was a little kid I've been obsessed with the idea that there are billions of people in this world, and 100's of languages... I find that so interesting, it almost makes my head spin. I've always been intrigued by different cultures and trying to learn as much as I can about other people and ways of life. One of my big goals in life is to learn enough languages that I can spend one year of my life back packing throughout the world, and be self-sustaining. So I have to learn enough languages to do that. I know a lot of people throughout the world know english, but that would take all the fun out of the adventure! So, I gotta learn a bunch of languages! And then I can travel the world and it'll be a good time! We'll see if THAT ever happens smile

That's an admirable attitude! 3nodding I love languages too, but I can't find the time to learn as many as I'd like too. English, french and japanese will have to do for me at the moment. You speak latin? I want to learn latin too!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:20 pm
Kamikaze Pedestrian
YGOPaladin
dead.moki
YGOPaladin

That's an admirable attitude! 3nodding I love languages too, but I can't find the time to learn as many as I'd like too. English, french and japanese will have to do for me at the moment. You speak latin? I want to learn latin too!

Yeah, it really is kinda useless to be able to speak latin, but it's a great language for other reasons. My english grammar improved so much as a result of learning latin because of sentence structure and word rules. Also, it made it so much easier to learn french! And, and this is kinda weird, when I was in italy I actually understood what people were saying even though I don't know italian. And when I told that to my latin professor, he said that it was because of the whole latin routes in my romance languages thing. So, I am definately a big advocate of learning Latin!!!! wink  

YGOPaladin

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:56 am
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
YGOPaladin
dead.moki
YGOPaladin

Yeah, it really is kinda useless to be able to speak latin, but it's a great language for other reasons. My english grammar improved so much as a result of learning latin because of sentence structure and word rules. Also, it made it so much easier to learn french! And, and this is kinda weird, when I was in italy I actually understood what people were saying even though I don't know italian. And when I told that to my latin professor, he said that it was because of the whole latin routes in my romance languages thing. So, I am definately a big advocate of learning Latin!!!! wink

Heh, I would if I had the chance. When I began at my school they had promised me latin courses. But in the end there never was any. stare
It's nice you're learning as many languages as you do, and that you actually put in an effort to really learn to speak them. Native englishspeakers don't do that often, I'm sorry to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:05 am
Kamikaze Pedestrian
YGOPaladin
Kamikaze Pedestrian
YGOPaladin
dead.moki
YGOPaladin

Heh, I would if I had the chance. When I began at my school they had promised me latin courses. But in the end there never was any. stare
It's nice you're learning as many languages as you do, and that you actually put in an effort to really learn to speak them. Native englishspeakers don't do that often, I'm sorry to say.

I'm sorry about that too, it makes for a bad impression of the rest of us... makes us look bad. I always try to make an effort to speak at least a little bit of the language of the country I'm in when I'm abroad. I want to deter from the impression that Americans expect others to speak english... I find the idea of being alone in an unfamiliar country speaking an unfamiliar language to be romantic... adventurous!  

YGOPaladin

Rafael the Wind Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:32 pm
ive been speaking english since i was 5 spanish was first! i like to speak english cus its what i mostly speak btu i feel more natural in spanish even though i cant express myself as good as in english also my grammar sucks heheh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:03 pm
Rafael the Wind Angel
ive been speaking english since i was 5 spanish was first! i like to speak english cus its what i mostly speak btu i feel more natural in spanish even though i cant express myself as good as in english also my grammar sucks heheh

I don't think many people have good grammar, I think grammar's complicated.  

YGOPaladin

Kohanna13

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:16 pm
I'm from England. I speak English but I'm trying to teach myself Japanese (not very good so far sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:58 am
i'm italian >รง>  

Lilicchy

r-chan09

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:39 pm
From America! We just a grill out, which is just too American.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff