Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Froggy Furnishings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:57 am
DemonHunterNaomi
Skymeri
Already vol 2?!!? O_O NOOOOOOO, I must vol 1 before vol 2 comes out! Or I will have to buy more than 10 mangas in one day in order to complete my collections! crying

I feel your pain. I'm so behind in all my series. sweatdrop But August 23, huh? Oh well, at least now we have a date. ^^;
The bookstores near where I live are slow. -_- The english FMwS manga from the US still hasn't reached Quebec. So now I can't buy the manga. The only thing I can do is wait. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:20 pm
Skymeri
DemonHunterNaomi
Skymeri
Already vol 2?!!? O_O NOOOOOOO, I must vol 1 before vol 2 comes out! Or I will have to buy more than 10 mangas in one day in order to complete my collections! crying

I feel your pain. I'm so behind in all my series. sweatdrop But August 23, huh? Oh well, at least now we have a date. ^^;
The bookstores near where I live are slow. -_- The english FMwS manga from the US still hasn't reached Quebec. So now I can't buy the manga. The only thing I can do is wait. crying

Argh, that sucks. Good luck! For me, it's just that I fall behind. I wait a couple of weeks to splurge on manga, so after a while it's like, 'wait... how'd I get so behind!?' It's quite sad. xd  

DemonHunterNaomi

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:57 pm
That's too bad...I have some cousins who are into manga up in Canada, but they still have to wait. Just remember you're not the only one. ^^;

Manga splurges are fun! I never have enough money for a proper one (My biggest batch yet in one trip is...4. Lovely, no?), but I just love looking through the shelves and picking up ones that interest me and stuff...I don't think I'll ever be able to collect an entire series. ;o;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:30 pm
Lepidus Light
That's too bad...I have some cousins who are into manga up in Canada, but they still have to wait. Just remember you're not the only one. ^^;

Manga splurges are fun! I never have enough money for a proper one (My biggest batch yet in one trip is...4. Lovely, no?), but I just love looking through the shelves and picking up ones that interest me and stuff...I don't think I'll ever be able to collect an entire series. ;o;
I'm in Canada...IT'S NO MANGA-LAND! T.T

Karren Hilary.

Froggy Furnishings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:55 pm
Karren Hilary.
Lepidus Light

NOOOOOO! Indigo is suppose to have english mangas! T.T  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:16 pm
Skymeri
Karren Hilary.
Lepidus Light

NOOOOOO! Indigo is suppose to have english mangas! T.T
I'm in Saskatchewan..no manga there. >.<

Karren Hilary.

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:16 pm
Lepidus Light

I've bought 9 or 10 in one go. @.@ Multiple times. Today I bought 5... I looked for Full Moon, too, I forgot about the new release date (which I looked up and posted myself... xd )  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:09 am
solarfacade
Lepidus Light

I've bought 9 or 10 in one go. @.@ Multiple times. Today I bought 5... I looked for Full Moon, too, I forgot about the new release date (which I looked up and posted myself... xd )

I think I've done that... buying 9 or 10 at a time, I mean. I don't remember my largest batch, actually... I know last year I bought a ton of Arina manga at once at AnimeNext... *thinks* I think I got... eight(?) at a time. I spent all my money I had for the con on it. xd But it's all good, because it's Arina manga. 3nodding

But I'll go on random splurges... in fact... I think I'll go on one today. Not a big one, because I need my money, but I think I'll get three or four. I'm going away in a few days, and I need some good reading material. *grins*  

DemonHunterNaomi

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:31 am

I don't have the money to buy eight or nine at a time. crying I'm a poor college student with no job that has to pay $300 worth in textbooks each semester... Stupid, over-priced text books...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:36 pm
@solarfacade: You lucky, lucky person. xD I don't have that much money to spare, so I can never buy a lot...xx;; I'm so cheap, so I try and get my library to buy the manga to I can check it out. o.o

@DemonHunterNaomi: Meh, my dad never takes me to the bookstore! He'll ask me why I can't just get what I want from the library and he doesn't understand that they just don't have what I want all the time. The manga at the con I go to yearly (When I can) is cheaper than in stores, so I usually buy it there...

@MemoryDragon: $300! eek That's way too much! Then again, it's textbooks...*sighs* The price of education...
That'll be me in college.

Lepidus Light

DemonHunterNaomi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:15 am
Lepidus Light
@solarfacade: You lucky, lucky person. xD I don't have that much money to spare, so I can never buy a lot...xx;; I'm so cheap, so I try and get my library to buy the manga to I can check it out. o.o

@DemonHunterNaomi: Meh, my dad never takes me to the bookstore! He'll ask me why I can't just get what I want from the library and he doesn't understand that they just don't have what I want all the time. The manga at the con I go to yearly (When I can) is cheaper than in stores, so I usually buy it there...

@MemoryDragon: $300! eek That's way too much! Then again, it's textbooks...*sighs* The price of education...
That'll be me in college.

Yeah, I like splurging at cons more in general. It's a bit cheaper, and it's just fun to go to a convention and waste all your money in one day on all-anime/manga related stuff. xp It sucks you can't go to the bookstore more often though.

And @ MemoryDragon... wow! eek I knew college textbooks were expensive, but... dang! That's a lot, per semester!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:12 pm
Why do you think college students are always so poor? xd Between tuition and text books, it's a wonder anyone can een graduate... It costs an arm and a leg nowadays.

Which is why I probably shouldn't go out and buy vol 2 when it comes out, but I probably will anyway. If I'm going to make myself even poorer I might as well do so while reading Arina Tanemura manga.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

DemonHunterNaomi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:52 pm
I guess you're right. I never really thought about it. I know that college students never have a lot of money, I guess I just never really knew the books alone cost so much. xp I'm aware of tuition costs though... meh, it's all so expensive.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:10 pm
Meh, I never thought about that before, either. I never would have thought that the books would cost so much per SEMESTER. @__@;; And tuition...man.
Don't worry - you can spare the money for Tanemura-san's manga. It's too good to miss! ^o^

Lepidus Light

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:00 pm
My books are gonna cost me probably $350 this semester. D: I'm not looking forward to that. I have a lot of money saved up for the coming year, but everyone tells me that it is gonna go fast. College students need manga too...  
Full Moon wo Sagashite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff