Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
!Random Talk! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:48 am
Nooooooooo!
It isn't working here either crying

Don't die now, my beloved fishing!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:52 pm
time to change topic... i've been meaning to ask this for a long time now; what got all you people into Kaori Yuki's manga in the first place?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:46 am
Oh my, I still remember it clearly.

I had just gotten into anime and manga, and was like any regular n00b at the topic. At the same point, I started to get interested in 'dark' stuff, you know, dark clothes, dark music, dark, dark, dark ( sweatdrop )

So while I was surfing, looking for stuff about anime and such, I came across someone at a community who liked Angel Sanctuary. We never spoke, but I found what she had written about herself and AS very interesting. Later on, I found a few soundtracks from the OVA, and as you can guess, that type of music was all that was needed to get me to wanna know more about this anime/manga creation.

I was obsessed with Angel Sanctuary for like two years, knew lots and lots of things about it, talked about nothing but it - yet I had never read/seen it. xd

Then I found SF-Bokhandeln. And the AS DVD.
And in time, a scanlation of Angel Sanctuary (Which I never was able to finish), and a few other mangas from Kaori Yuki. I was in love xp

And now, long after I've moved on from the 'everything suckz leave me alone to listen to my horrible darkneSS!!!1'-part of my life, I still like miss Yuki's works.

There has been times when I've been liking other styles, other genres, other plots; and there has been times when I haven't been interested in manga and anime at all.

But I've always returned to Miss Yuki's works.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:48 am
Looking around the internet for good anime wallpapers. Found one of AS (the one in AS, with an angel holding up a bloody sword) Was intrigued enough to look around for more info on it. Found out about it, fell in love with the plot and art, and finally got my brother to download a few volumes for me when he was testing out MIRC. Then it all went downhill from there.  

Bemused Dreamer

Cain_Hargreaves

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:42 pm
I remember picking up the AS DVD a couple years ago and reading the back of it. I thought it sounded weird and put it back. And I also ran across a website that was devoted to AS yaoi fanfiction and fanart, but since I didn't really know who any of the characters were, I just kind of browsed.

Then around a year ago I took an anime personality test and kept getting characters from Kaori Yuki's works. XD I was like, "Hmm. . .maybe I should check into this." So I went down to the local book/movie store and bought the AS DVD with a gift card I had saved. I took it home and watched it that night, and thought, "This is weird, but kind of interesting." So after it was over I dug up some AS websites on the computer and looked deeper into the characters.

Flashforward to a few months later, the first volume of the manga came out in English. I got it, read it, and liked it much better than the anime. I noticed in a little blurb about one of her other series called Count Cain and remembered seeing a section for it on a fanfiction site. But, I had no idea who the characters were or even what the looked like, and. . . hilariously enough, I read a fanfiction with Riff and Cain and was all grossed out because I couldn't imagine someone's BUTLER looking good. XD I imagined him as some old guy.

BUT then one of my online friends started talking about starting a Count Cain LJ community and wanted me to be in it. I started hunting down websites (again) and looking over character bios. THEN I happened upon Sakura-crisis.net and downloaded the first three volumes. Read all of those in a period of a day. . and downloaded the next three. Those were read through in two.

And well, after that, I made my Cain SN on yahoo and forced my RP partner into making a Riff SN. . .and the rest is pretty much up to your imagination. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:37 pm
eetooo...wow...that was a long time ago...like...1997-1998? O_O hm...oh!
I saw a tiny blurb on it in a small time anime magazine way back when and it had a pic of Kira and Setsuna on it (Kira in glasses, Setsuna sticking his tongue out, does anyone remember the image? XD).
THe art was really pretty, and the description of the delinquent getting into troubles with his family and sister and then discovering who he truly is blahblahblah caught my attention. So I copied down the name of it and went a-searching in the ol' Kinokuniya (before AS, I was collecting Rayearth and Sailormoon manga...).
Collected the issues a few at a time, before you knew it was obsessed to hell and back, and now I keep really close tabs on Kaori-sensei's publications ^_^;
(Mou...its seldom I get to go to the bookstore anymore because I now work on the weekends and am at school on weekdays...I will have to make a point to make some time to go there...oh dear...I have Christmas shopping to finish this weekend too. Busybusybusy. )  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Shura Yukihime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:00 am
For me...

It began early this year, or last year, with Yami No Matsuei. A friend told me about it, intrigued me, and proceeded to send me off to read the translations via Theria.net. That done, I started moseying about the net, trying to find out more about Yami No Matsuei, and then found Sakura-Crisis.

Everything began from there... I think the first one that really caught my eye was Boys Next Door. I mean, the me then was still very innocent, and didn't quite get the whole BL thing... So seeing this one was kinda attractive.

So there was my first encounter with Kaori Yuki... Count Cain, Cruel Fairytales, and everything else came next... I think I enjoyed Count Cain lots... more than nearly all the rest, anyway... I think CC is to blame for making me turn up for my school's Sec 4 farewell in weird clothes...

Damn, falling in love with Kaori Yuki's works is one difficult and expensive hobby... The works are hard to find, and even when they're found, they're either very expensive, or else incomplete...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:44 am
for me... well, i'm still pretty nem to manga, but in the very, very beginning was looking around on the net for new titles, and i noticed that something called "angel sanctuary" was mentioned quite ften. i started looking for scanlations, and stumbled across s-c.net. they no longer had it, so instead i took the first chapter of count cain, which they said was maid by the same artist.
and i loved it! i had only read titles like dnangel and ranma before that, so this was something completely different.
now i have all the scans i've been able to find and all the published AS books.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:37 pm
*gasp* Sanekazura, can I use your sig? It's so cuuuuuuute! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:40 am
RionaDaidouji
*gasp* Sanekazura, can I use your sig? It's so cuuuuuuute! whee

Hih, glad you like it! sure you can, but all credit to sono, who made it.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:42 am
Now when i think about it, why not make it Gothic fairyland's official christmas banner? i'll talk to Sono as soon as she comes home.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:09 am
Good idea!
*Steals a Christmas-banner*
3nodding  

Vi Sparklemist

yorurei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:12 am
Sanekazura
time to change topic... i've been meaning to ask this for a long time now; what got all you people into Kaori Yuki's manga in the first place?

i was browsing through animerica back in 2001(i think...maybe...i dun remember sweatdrop ) and they had a whole article devoted to angel sanctuary...i saw the art work and fell in love with it automatically...so i rushed out and got the tape(i was dvd challenged back then) and loved every second of it...i'd tell people about it but nobody had heard of it crying ...then i found all of angel sanctuary on a disk on ebay for like $5...and i was like eek and bid on that thing til i got it whee ...then last year, one of my friends who i'd captured and taken to the dark side, told me that viz had gotten ahold of the manga and were going to release it...now i'm on a hunt to find the other mangas(which i got a great link to from this guild)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:54 am
Sanekazura
Now when i think about it, why not make it Gothic fairyland's official christmas banner? i'll talk to Sono as soon as she comes home.

nad now it's done! xd glad you like it! ('twas originally a card that said "happy birthday")

and how I came over Kaori Yuki's work? well, Sane told me! 3nodding sweatdrop  

Sonoshi
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:28 am
*Accidently drops a pencil on the floor*

Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam-Blam eek

Sorry, couldn't refuse whee
Maybe it's only me, but hasn't it been awfully quiet here for a while?
...Alright, time for someone to break the silence then.

Uh... Well. Christmas is coming up. What's gonna happen? Dinner with family? Party all night long? Ignoring it and sleep? (Staying on Gaia?)

And what do you really think of this loving time of the year?

To tell the truth, I must say I'm not very found of this holiday. I'm having a hard time deciding who to give presents to, not to mention what to give them.

And then we have the dinner-with-relatives-thing. Sure, I only have to worry about my grandmother and grandfather other than my parents so perhaps I shouldn't complain. But dinner is boring enough with just me in the kitchen. xp

...However, that could be my teenage-self speaking. (Go away, foul beast!)

Other News?
One of my dear friends has bought the first volume of Demon Diary. Nice timing, is all I've got to say. I'll borrow it from her as soon as she finishes it.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff