Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Favorite Resident Evil Villain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite RE villain?
  Albert Wesker
  William Birkin
  Jack Krauser
  Ada Wong
  Osmund Saddler
  Ramon Salazar
  The Ashfords
  Nikolai Ginovaef
  Other
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:36 pm
I'm not gonna accuse you of anything, but I do disagree with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:00 pm
Yea... most of Leon's lines were facepalm moments in RE4. stare  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:40 pm
NotteRequiem

I'll state some of the more 'face palmy' moments in the lines.

"Old age finally catching up to you?" Face palm
"Your right hand comes off?" Face Palm
"I'm sure you guys didn't tag along to sing Koombiyah together..." Sounds alright. "Then again, maybe you did." Face palm.
"My past I guess..." What did ZOMBIES have to do with this? Face palm.
"Well if isn't the b***h in the red dress..." Face palm.
"I was going to use the girl to get some 'donations!', it takes a lot of money to run this religious community..." Not sure that's right, but still, face palm.
"Leon the door's locked!" Duh, Face palm.
And many, many more!!

What truly ******** the game up was how Leon was all 'cool' and not freaking out like he was in RE2. If you think about it, there should have been more freaking out and less snotty dialogue.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:35 pm
I don't really think Ada Wong's an antagonist of RE. Even though she betrays you...a LOT in RE2. But yeah, she also helps you alot.  

Shinigami Substitute

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:43 pm
Celestial Fox Frenzi
NotteRequiem

I'll state some of the more 'face palmy' moments in the lines.

"Old age finally catching up to you?" Face palm
"Your right hand comes off?" Face Palm
"I'm sure you guys didn't tag along to sing Koombiyah together..." Sounds alright. "Then again, maybe you did." Face palm.
"My past I guess..." What did ZOMBIES have to do with this? Face palm.
"Well if isn't the b***h in the red dress..." Face palm.
"I was going to use the girl to get some 'donations!', it takes a lot of money to run this religious community..." Not sure that's right, but still, face palm.
"Leon the door's locked!" Duh, Face palm.
And many, many more!!

What truly ******** the game up was how Leon was all 'cool' and not freaking out like he was in RE2. If you think about it, there should have been more freaking out and less snotty dialogue.

Okay, I have to admit, the "My past I guess" was completely random and stupid...and Leon should have been more like "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" At least at first instead of just being all like "Okay, so you're all under mind control and trying to kill me. s**t...but whatever. I can take you. Yeah!" That was just weird. ><
But RE4 was fun at least. Totally unrealistic and...a bit corny but really fun to play. I don't know, there's just something awesome about blowing up, like nine hundred people with lots of giant guns. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:58 pm
Yeah, it's fun in that manner, but that's not what Resident Evil was about. There's no Survival Horror in RE4. It wasn't scary, and the massive ammo count killed the survival aspect.  

Biohazard EXTREME

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:06 pm
Okay, you've got a point there. It was so completely different that it should almost count as a completely different game series if it weren't for the similar...ish plot. And no, it wasn't as scary as the others, but there were some parts... *shudders* Me and my friends were screaming bloody-murder and whoever was playing it at the time (we have weird little parties and switch turns for different RE games...don't ask) would be huddled in a corner practically about to have a mental breakdown. Okay, so that wasn't what we were like for most of the game, but The "Right-Hand" Verdugo thing was AWFUL in that scary way as were the regenerators and iron maidens...*shudders again*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Regenerators and Iron Maidens didn't scare me one bit. They were annoying, if anything.

And the storyline was terrible. It wasn't even close to what Resident Evil is about. I mean, it used to be about a secret organization creating a bio-weapon virus.
RE4 was about a cult of parasites that were buried in the mines.  

Biohazard EXTREME

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:50 pm
Well maybe it was time for a change. I'm by no means saying that any of the others had bad story lines. THEY WERE AWESOME! But maybe it was time for a change. I mean, they had five games that had pretty much the same story...Maybe we would've gotten bored of it after a while...it would've gotten monotonous. I don't know...but maybe...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:04 pm
That's like saying about Legend of Zelda, "It's time for a change, let's give Link guns and make it in the future."
Change is one thing, but to turn the game into something completely unrecognizable, is just wrong. I mean you need to get rid of 3 things in that game, Leon, Ada, and Wesker, and there will be absolutely no traces of Resident Evil.

And if the original storyline is getting old, then end the series and start something new that has nothing to do with Resident Evil, at least that way, the series will end in a good way, not turn into something COMPLETELY unrecognizable.  

Biohazard EXTREME

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:17 pm
I wasn't saying that I was getting tired of it...I love the complex story lines mixed with terror and confusion. And plus the complex characters it's just so...awesome. I don't know...I was just trying to think of a justifiable answer for why they changed it so much. >< I don't know. Oh, and I'd probably shoot the TV if Link was ever given guns and sent to the future. That idea would probably make mobs of angry fans appear outside whoever thought to do with that's house with pitchforks. *nods*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:57 pm
Right, complex characters. Except nor in RE4. I mean, how complex were Mendez, Salazar and Saddler? Seriously, that game is the definition of oversimplification.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:42 am
Well think about it... After Wesker and Alexia... who would want to follow those acts?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:00 pm
Poor Salazar... no love.

xd  

AggressiveExpansion

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:40 pm
I know...But come on, you've got to love the undead Napolean! XD Okay...it's true. Mendez said like five words in the entire game...but I think that Salazar had a bit of personality. Not like Alexia, Alfred, or Wesker because they're just AWESOME like that! I'm sorry Salazar, but you can't beat the girl who's been stuck in a tube, the cross-dresser or the awesome traitorous super-human...thing.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff