Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Discrimination Against Chinese Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Americans Nasty?
  All Americans are Nasty
  Most of Americans are Nasty
  Some Americans are Nasty
  None of Americans are Nasty
View Results

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:29 pm
[.Mihiko-chan.]
xu650863441
[.Mihiko-chan.]
xu650863441
[.Mihiko-chan.]
i have a question. does anyone here even like americans?
well some of them are real nice. i like those. ^^

I dislike those who discriminate. I like those who are friendly and caring.

yea. but then some of my friends are like that but they're real nice.

@ kt_jingle : some people say ching chong chang and stuff but they're real nice and i like them. ^^ even tho they do that.

How can people be nice and discriminate?

what i mean is like they go ching chong ching chong
but they're still my friends. sweatdrop
sorry i didnt really say it that well or something or other..

I see, they were just kidding with you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 pm
oh.... xd i totally knew that........
domokun  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

LifelessAngel218

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:18 pm
I live in Canada, but when my aunt came. I started talking in English. Cause I suck at Chinese. Well guess what she said, she told me I was speaking a ghost language. So my first instinct was, excuse me, don't people in China learn english too. Yeesh.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:34 pm
LifelessAngel218
I live in Canada, but when my aunt came. I started talking in English. Cause I suck at Chinese. Well guess what she said, she told me I was speaking a ghost language. So my first instinct was, excuse me, don't people in China learn english too. Yeesh.

Yes, students learn English. But it is really hard for old people to learn another language lol.  

Etaf Evael

Matyy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:44 am
I just read parts of this topic. It was interesting to read it. I live in Germany, and I experienced racism against afro-americans. But only "theoretical racism" since where I grew up there was ONE. And I knew noone - except for some few neo-nazi retards - that would have said something against them. There were some Asians tough. And I didn't see any racism against em. Probably because they had some of the most beautiful girls of our town ^^

Now I go to university in Heidelberg, and there are quite a few Asians here, too. Not only Japanese tourists - people tend to make fun of them because of the thousands of photos they make, perhaps that's some kind of discrimination too... - but there a lot of students from China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam (...) here. Usually you have a lot more Turkish, Italians, Russian and other in German cities, but in Heidelberg it's a bit different. Racial discrimination concentrates on the other ones, since Asians usually "behave", while some Turkish have some rather strange behaviour, like beating up others. But lets stay with the Asians here - I don't think there is really a lot of discrimination. Perhaps I just see don't see the whole picture, and after all I am every day together with people who study Chinese or Japanese, so these people usually all love Asia ^^

Sometimes friends of mine make fun of me when they see me learning Chinese "Say something in Chinese! Ching Chang Chong!!" - but that's just because they don't know how Chinese really sounds. And they all have a lot of respect for the language and the culture.

I wonder, if anyone here lives in Germany and could tell the story out of an Asians perspective, since I am not. But I think we Germans still know where racism leads. Tough more and more seem to forget it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:48 pm
xu650863441
LifelessAngel218

Yes, students learn English. But it is really hard for old people to learn another language lol.

yeah. it is pretty hard. but my uncle is pretty old now..
and he learned english real well. =]  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

xx_mizuki

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:37 pm
kt_jingle
wah, wah
that's really really mean!
D: that doesn't happen here in singapore cos there are 4 races.
our jokes about each other are all harmless.
(: spare more thought, be less racist.
*world peace*

surprised Ooh, a fellow Singaporean! Are you fully or part- Chinese?

Well, I'm part-Chinese and I learn Chinese as my mother tongue, but my father isn't Chinese and thus I don't have a Chinese surname. I won't say that I've been driscriminated against, but sometimes I feel odd because my Chinese name isn't official (meaning it's not written on the birth cert.) and I don't even look very Chinese.

I tried reading all the comments under this topic, but I can't remember everything, so please excuse me if I'm repeating what has already been raised. Anyway, what I'd like to ask is: has anyone felt left out because he/she doesn't seem Chinese?

(If this is too irrelevant and not allowed, let me know and I'll delete it.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:46 am
I used to get looks when I enter a Pizza Hut to pick up an order. I later received looks when people realized I wasn't technology deprived when I brought a CD player to middle school. And later, I got gasps when I replied, "De Nada" to someone's "Gracias."  

Eden110

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:22 pm
omg. that's so mean!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:18 pm
@mizuki - Well, at our school the situation is a bit odd - a large chunk of the year is made up of Chinese//HKnese boarders [I go to an English girls' boarding school although I'm not a boarder, if that makes sense] and so one often feels a massive divide in the year.. and it's v annoying when the Cantonese girls all speak canto to each other and we don't understand.. the English girls do complain about feeling left out sometimes.

@Matyy - Mnn, language stereotypes annoy me. And I guess you're right, you guys must know a lot about that stuff, no? If only the Japanese would learn the lesson like the Germans.. >>;;

Niphz
Crew

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:55 pm
And yet no one ever takes time out to think about the BBCs... the suffering we endure.. crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:22 pm
BBCs?!?! O_O  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

Matyy

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:45 pm
British Born Chinese he means, I think.

Than come to Germany, I'd love to have more Chinese here wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:15 pm
Yeah.. we are the lonely, bridge-like children..

Niphz
Crew

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:18 pm
oh. BBCs have it hard??
here in my school right now,
there's no racism between
Chinese and other ppl.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff