Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW! Sword of Truth Roleplay! SLOWLY BEING UPDATED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:02 pm
Lophus pinched his lower lip in thought as he contemplated everything that was happening. This was all going too fast. He desperately wished he could speak with his father and figure this all out. Think of the solution, not the problem. Richard and Zedd had always told him that. He had to clear his mind and sort out the thoughts that floated in every which way.
"Can you show me what You've seen Zedd?"
He took his gaze away from the message and looked at the Head Boundary Warden.
"Tell me everything you saw, heard and smelled. I need to know every detail."
Nothing was ever easy. He locked himself into what seemed a cold demeanor. He was just doing what was needed. With the chimes still out and about, all of them were still in danger of being drawn into the terror of a world without magic. That was one world Lophus never wanted to envision. Unlike his father, he adored the magic within him, even if he couldn't be with a woman without destroying who she once was.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:38 pm
Darken took the opportunity to give a small bow and back away from his rulers, setting himself back into his guarding position, although now he was watching the newcomer to the room.

More danger. More porblems in the realm. It was definitely time for the Lord Rahl to make a decision, and to give some direction to the D'haran Empire. Perhaps he would breach the subject, along with other concerns, to him tomorrow.  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:22 pm
Amara's calm emerald gaze flickered to her brother as she watched him pinch his lower lip. She could see the gears turning within his eyes as he contemplated all that was happening. Amara knew it was all happening so quickly, and the evening was growing later. Amara wished deeply that their father was still alive to give them advice and guide them, as well as their mother. Her mother and father were the perfect pair, and thus, made the perfect team. Amara remained silent as her brother spoke to the Boundary Warden, her gaze gliding over to gaze upon the man. Amara noticed her brother's steady gaze was also upon him. Amara knew that her brother would say this. She knew he would want to know everything. Amara to, was curious to know what happened, how it happened, every bit of information they could get out of the man may, or may not be useful. Amara smiled reassuringly at the Boundary Warden to give him a small bit of comfort and to put him at ease as she noticed the cold demeanor her brother had locked himself away in. Amara knew he was simply doing what was needed, what was necessary. Though, there were times it pained her to see her brother this way. With the chimes loose in the world once more, there was still the threat and evident terror of a world without magic, a world both she and her brother feared to envision. Amara neither abhored nor loved the power within her, whereas her brother, she knew, loved the powers within him, even if she knew...that he could not be with a woman without destroying who she once was, just as Amara herself, could not be with a man without destroying his mind and altering him forever.
Amara remained silent as she awaited the Warden to answer her brother.

I want to let you guys know that I've very much appreciated everything you've done for this rp by joining and being as active as you could. I'm going to be doing some more recruiting of more members soon, and if no one else joins, I want to let you all know, that if you want to, and firmly believe you can rp as more than one character, then please, by all means, apply for a second character, because we seriously need more members to roleplay some of our other major characters. My dear Mord-Sith Nora recently asked me if she could play Nathan, she will submit to me an rp sample, and I will then be sure she can correctly play Nathan, for she has assured me that she is capable of playing both Nora and Nathan, and indeed, when she has not posted for a time, I know that like all other times, that she is still keeping up with us. So. That is that. If you think you have the time and desire to play two characters, I will make an exception if no more people apply for this rp.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:46 pm
((Malik and I really liked the idea of the Boundary Warden, but Malik just can't post often enough for this Rp and has given up his role. So, if it would be alright, i would like to re-create and rp as the Boudary Warden aswell. Also, to Nora, I hope you can play Nathan well. The biggest thing is to try to capture the personality Goodkind put in each character and hope you can do that too.))  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

[.Notebook_Paper.]

Devout Gaian

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 pm
((I sent My Lady a roleplaying sample as the prophet and she said I've as good as got the part. I've opted to wait for a bit to see if anyone else will join before too long.))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:26 pm
"My name is Bryce Irvingston. Call me Hack. The wizard, Nathan Rahl, stationed me and four other Boundary Wardens in the town in southern D'Hara to keep an eye on things, just in case. It is obvious that no one can trust the Old World afterthe war that claimed so many lives. For a long time, ther was nothing to report, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing ever happened. Then one morning, at sunrise, the outermost houses burst into flame for no apparent reason. The town was under siege; we were surrounded. Before we could get out of the house, half the town was aflame. Two of the wardens were shot the moment they stepped out the door, like the rest of the town's inhabitants. People were being killed on sight, by any means necessary. Anyone that dodged the shot exiting the building was quickly slain. There was so much smoke and flaming debris everywhere, all you could see was dark figures moving quickly amongst the confusion, hacking down civilians. It was over before it had begun. I had dived out of the first floor window and hid between buildings cloaked in smoke from nearby buildings. Another warden was shot trying to follow. The last of the Wardens tryed to get a shot off from inside, where he thought they couldn't see him. I saw as the wall behind him burst open and he was hewn before he could line up a shot. i had no choice, I sprinted like i had never run before, not from fear, but from determination. i would not let this go without anyone ever knowing. Bodies littered the streetsand blocked all doorways. Everything was aflame by now, but somehow, they couldn't find me. In the middle of a cloud of smoke, I ran smack into one of the dark figures, but I was unaffected as he was driven straight down into the ground. i never saw or heard him hit the ground, but i never stopped to check. The smoke was too thick and ther roar of the fires was too much for me to be sure that the person hadn't actually hit the ground and had instead just vanished.

"I broke free from the fires and the smoke. I had my short swords out by now, but there was no one to be seen. I looked back for a second and saw the dark shapes moving in the confusion, but they never came after me. i don't know why, but I didn't care--I had made it. I cleared the entire distance of D'Hara in two days, stopping only to rest for a few short hours. I had never seen an attack so well coordinated in my life, more troops so precise in their executions. No stroke of their blade missed, and every arrow was true. They were perfect soldiers."

Hack thought about how effortlessly his closest friends had been killed. He thought about how they never had a chance, just like everyone else. They had been no more than a regular person that day. Their skills had been useless to them. It was the duty of a Boundary warden to protect those people. They hadn't even been able to get out the door. They had failed in the worst way. Five Boundary wardens couldn't even drop a single of those soldiers. What in all of Creation were they? Somehow, he sensed magic was involved. Magic that was beyond his skill to fight.

Yet, he had survived. How? It was impossible to tell if those soldiers had simply not seen him, or if they couldn't see him. But why?  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:01 pm
Lophus listened to Hack's description of the battle and how he narrowly escaped with his life. As he listened, he leaned forward over the table with both hands flat. His eyes glazed over as he tried to see what Hack had seen, both through what he said and what he could see within the Warden's eyes. A slight rumble could be heard outside the room as Hack went into some of the more gruesome details.
"Zedd, do you know if there is any way to trace, through magic, who activated the spell from two years ago?"
His mind was already running in a few directions and he prayed to the good spirits that these two events were unrelated. He knew better than to hope things to be as he wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:35 am
Zedd turned from the window and eyed Lophus. He understood his determination and desperation to find who killed Richard and Kahlan, but there was no possible way to trace the spell back to the one who activated it.
"No, there is no way to trace the spell. The spell is long gone.
Zedd stroked his chin as he considered if and how the spell and the recent attack on D'Hara could be related. He didn't see the connection, but there wasn't nearly enough evidence to disprove the possibility. As many allies that Richard had made, he had just as many enemies. Zedd wondered if somehow a witchwoman might be involved. He doubted that, this was definately work of a wizard--and a powerful one at that.
"I wonder if the books of prophecies would have anything to say about Richard's death and the possability of a new threat. We know Richard was the core of events during the war with the Imperial Order. Somehow i don't think his death has stopped the flow of prophecy revolving around him."  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 pm
Darken scratched at his head, mulling a few loose thoughts over in his head before finally speaking up. He knew he was out of his depth in talking about magic, but something about the First Wizard's earlier analogy and his own want to help his Lord Rahl avenge his father had him speak up.

"There's an old saying in the military: You can't track an arrow's path, but you can tell it came from the man with the bow. You say you've seen how difficult this spell was to cast, can you use that to see what sort of information they'd have to have to cast it appropriately. We did capture most of Jagang's books of magic, as well as the more well-known caches after the war. If we had some idea what they'd been researching, or how magical they'd have to be, we can narrow the focus of who we're looking for, and perhaps find an area they would have been in two years ago. It would lead to a cold trail, maybe dead, but if they put this much thought into the spell, maybe they slipped up and left something in their physical asurroundings that could help us to determine their identity and how to find them."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:46 pm
Calintz set back in the chair, he had finished his meal and had been look around the room. Finally, he grew tried of doing nothing and pulled out a small blown-covered book, from his tunic. It was basic the only think the soldiers let him keep. The soldier thought it just a blank book, which it was to the ungifted. The cover to the book was written in his tribes’ old language that read, The Doppelganger Weapon. It was one of the many books that were found in the ruins of the towers, this being the only one that were taken out. They took this one out because it was the only one they found with a language they understood. Unfortunately, only the Spirit Woman and he could read it, but he was the only one that understood what he was reading.

The books had been discovered about a year after Caharin had in trusted his tribe with the two pouches. The Spirit Woman understood what they were and only shared it with him. Some were books of prophecy, others on history and what happened during the Great War. But most were books on the human weapons that were created for the war, and about how the Great Barrier was used to either weaken or seal away these powers. The Spirit Woman had charged him to find Zedd and give him this book and explain the other books that were found, too.

Calintz thought back to how long it had taken him to master the Doppelganger ability, he knew he had the ability to learn it once he realized he was the only one that understood the book. It took him about a year to master how to create one clone, but after that it became easier and faster to learn to create and maintain more. He later realized, even though he remembered reading it in the book, that all the clones shared the pain. He slowly worked his way into mastering the pain that was caused when multiple clones die at once, even longer to master the pain they shared when the clones were tortured. After he had mastered everything he believed was in the book, his hair started to change into a whitish-silver color, as well as his eyes. He was shocked by the change, even though he remembered reading about it.

As he was recalling how Cara and he had finally been allowed to train with two shorter swords instead of the normal one, this being a childhood memory, he slowly drifted to sleep in the chair.  

Calintz the Doppelganger

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:38 pm
Amara listened silently, but intently to Hack's description of the battle. Never did her emerald orbs shy away from his own optics as she watched ghosts of the past float within his eyes. Amara felt sickened by the thought of so many men, women, and children dying at the hands of such merciless and perfect soldiers. When the man finished speaking, tears ran down Amara's cheeks as she placed a hand upon her stomach, turning from him so that he would not see her in such a condition. Amara sniffled slightly as she wiped the tears away and took a purging breath to work at calming her nerves. Turning back to face Bryce, she pulled a calm mask over her features to give the man some reassurance as her brother turned to speak with their great-grandfather. After Zedd had given his answer, Amara was surprised with Darken's words. She watched him silently, smiling reassuringly at the man whom she had known for so long.
Amara then turned to Hack, smiling gently at him. " Hack...," her soft voice was gentle, yet firm, " I am very sorry for the losses you have suffered, we all pray that the good spirits watch over the departed's soul's for eternity," Amara assured him, allowing her arms to hang comfortably at her sides, " If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask," Amara paused, almost hesitant to go on, " For the moment, I am quite sure it is not safe for you to return to your homeland....for the time...you shall have to remain here," Amara paused, looking first to her brother, then to her great-grandfather, and then to Nora, and to Darken as she considered any other options before sighing heavily, turning to her brother and speaking in a soft toned voice. "This is.....impossible....there must be...something we can do to help Hack," Amara sighed in frustration as she thought, before turning to Darken with a stern and quite serious expression upon her face. " Darken, would it be....wise.....to send a small division of the army to Hack's homeland.......to investigate....and possibly rid the land of those soldiers?,"Amara fixed Darken with a steely gaze. Amara was talented in war tactics....after all, her mother and father had taught her what they could, but there were times when Amara sought Darken's opinion on such tactics, after all, she valued his opinion in such matters above all else.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:13 am
Darken thought for a moment about the question, tilting his head to the side in thought. Nothing about the account seemed overly magical, but it could have been.

"Well, we do need more information on this attack if we're to determine how magical the attack was in nature, and provide the Lord Rahl with the information needed to fight it. Although Hack's account is extremely useful, it comes in the clouded times of the battle rush. Sine the town is in Southern D'haran, it would be of no issue to march men down there. Even with the account being of probable magical nature, men would still fight over the honor of being sent to do the Lord Rahl's will. It would probably be wise to send a few of the Gifted along with them, to learn what they can. I would suggest a few from both the Keep, and few that have remained at the People's Palace. Training is sure to have differed, allowing different looks into what they can determined to have happened. Because of the danger posed, I'd suggest at least a full battalion for their safety. Although horses would speed their movements along, I'd suggest they go on foot. It might be possible to break the battalion into a loose formation of it's companies and reach the target undetected, although I think a direct march would be better suited, since we have no idea what we're going against, and having the men expected to be ambushed would be more prudent then allowing them to think they will ambush the invaders."  

Galapagos James

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:39 am
Amara nodded in silent agreement with Darken's words before turning to her brother to seek his agreement. If he so consented to her idea, and with the advice Darken had provided, Amara hoped dearly he would approve and allow her to oversee that the task be done. Amara knew that many had probably been slaughtered, and more than likely, the enemy soldiers had set up camp within the town. If this was the case, Amara was sure that some women were more than likely to have been kept as slaves. Such had been the case in other cities, towns, and villages. Amara could not stand the thought at what those women were suffering through.
"Brother,"Amara's voice came in stern, yet tender as she regarded her elder brother, " Please grant me permission to see the task done, and allow me to go with them, taking with me a few of our gifted,"Amara gave her a reassuring smile before a steely appearance overcame her vivid emerald optics. " I will help free what slaves those men have taken for their own disgusting needs,"Amara paused, finally falling silent as she gave her brother a reassuring smile. Somehow she knew, her brother would not approve.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:50 pm
Zedd shook his head in disagreement.
"No, even though there is no proof of any magical presence, that doesn't mean there were only soldiers there. Considering the attack came from the Old World, we haven't any idea how many gifted really existed there. I'll bet a dragon's tooth there were gifted there, if not to aide the attack, then just to 'supervise' the attack. When an attack like this is so carefully executed and the intent to kill every last soul in the town, there would have to be more than just soldiers. Soldiers are skilled, but from Hack's description, there must have ben magical help in those archer's arrows."
He thought about the idea of sending soldiers and our own gifted down there.
"Considering that, they would know that one escaped. They will not be in the town. They will have hidden away and it would be a fools task to try and chase them. Send a small battalion and one or two gifted, just to kep an eye on the area. There's no need to waste soldiers chasing phantoms." Zedd strode back up to the table. "The enemy has made a mistake, they have made themselves known. There are good odds we won't hear a peep from them again for a while. The last thing we want to do is stumble into a hornet's nest looking for someone or something we know nothing about. The only thing we DO know, is that they are dangerous in the extreme. That alone, is reason not to go running after them."  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:21 pm
Amara listened with great intensity, weighing her Great Grandfather's words. She knew his words were all to true. It would be as her great-grandfather said, more than likely, and they would not find those soldiers now. It was a pity, Amara wanted to slay every last one of them for their misdeeds. Amara pinched the bridge of her nose between her index finger and thumb as she thought. Her heavy sigh was only followed by a more frustrated and angry sigh. Amara felt pity and sorrow for Hack. Returning her right hand to her side, knowing that pinching the bridge of her nose would not help to make her over sized headache go away, Amara smiled sympathetically at Hack.
" I'm very sorry....Hack,"Amara spoke in a gentle but firm tone, [color-darkblue]" But I trust my great-grandfather's advice, and I have faith in his words, but believe me when I say, if I did not believe his words to be true, I would have gone to your homeland myself and fought alone against those brutes,"Amara approached the man. Standing before him, she laid a gentle hand upon his shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. " The good spirits are watching over them now,"Amara gave him a reassuring smile before releasing his shoulder and stepping back a few paces, clapsing her hands before her and shifting her emerald gaze to Darken.
Amara remained silent a moment before placing her hands on her well formed hips and giving Darken a serious look.
" Darken, please see to it immediately that the task is done,"Amara's voice was more commanding, and stern as she shared a look with Darken, " Please send a small battalion of at least fifty or so men and two gifted at the most,"Amara ordered, allowing her hands to come to rest at her sides before shifting her gaze once more to take a look at her brother, great-grandfather, and Nora. In the immediate silence that followed, Amara closed the distance between she and Nora, placing a firm hand upon the woman's shoulder, and then allowing her hand to return to her side. She knew that Nora would have objected to Amara's going with the battalion when she mentioned it, but knew that since Zedd had thrown in his two cents, Amara had thought better of it. Though, Nora would have gone right along with Amara, had she made it clear that she had made up her mind.

RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff