Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Introduce yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The17MonstersUnderYourBed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:11 am
Hello everyone. My real name is Eamon. I live in Southern California and I am very involved in politics and all matters relating to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:44 am
@Moonlight -- o0 Obama isn't a Muslim... didn't you hear about his racist Christian pastor?

Anyways, welcome ^_^

@Pumona - Welcome ^_^  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:13 pm
@Moonlight -- o0 Obama isn't a Muslim... didn't you hear about his racist Christian pastor?

I never said he was a muslim, i said he called us a muslim country. I saw that on FOX, maybe they have the proof on youtube somewhere.

Anyways, welcome ^_^

Thankies ^^ Happy to be here 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:37 pm
Moonlight_Maiden123

I never said he was a muslim, i said he called us a muslim country. I saw that on FOX, maybe they have the proof on youtube somewhere.

Hi there I listened to his speach on the radio and he did call the US a Muslim nation. I do not know about you tube but, this website talks about it.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/obama-signals-themes-of-mideast-speech/

Thank you Rainbowfied Mouse for saying welcome.

Pumona

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:18 pm
ooo *claps hands* well played Pumona well played. Those are the exact words I heard on FOX from Obmama's speech . “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” Thanks for the save ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:09 pm
It's not really an offensive comment so much as it is an inaccurate one. We are not a Muslim country, we are not a Christian country, we are a Constitutional country and that same Constitution provides very firm clauses about our government not sponsoring a state religion. From another raw fact, we are far from having one of the largest Muslim populations (which is the sense in which he meant "Muslim country"). We have a somewhat sizable Muslim population, but 51 countries have larger Muslim populations.

On the other hand, if you were to say that America is one of the largest Spanish-speaking countries in the world, there's quite a case to be made there. We are the third largest nation in terms of Spanish-speaking population, having recently passed Argentina:
http://www.spanishseo.org/resources/worldwide-spanish-speaking-population

So, if you were to say that the US is one of the largest Hispanic countries in the world, that would be far more accurate.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:29 am
Moonlight_Maiden123
ooo *claps hands* well played Pumona well played. Those are the exact words I heard on FOX from Obmama's speech . “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” Thanks for the save ^^

Your welcome Moonlight_Maiden123  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:21 am
Ah! I don't watch much TV to be honest... 'tis a fault, I just stick to reading political news on the nets... but to be honest he's a newb when it comes to politics. We're anything but a "Muslim Country" >>  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Pumona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:53 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Ah! I don't watch much TV to be honest... 'tis a fault, I just stick to reading political news on the nets... but to be honest he's a newb when it comes to politics. We're anything but a "Muslim Country" >>

Hi, If and when you do make sure you watch Fox News more than the regular news channels. The media likes to cover up information that I strongly believe we need to know about and Fox News makes sure we know what's going on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:55 pm
Welcome EamonThePrez  

Pumona

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm
Pumona
Rainbowfied Mouse

Hi, If and when you do make sure you watch Fox News more than the regular news channels. The media likes to cover up information that I strongly believe we need to know about and Fox News makes sure we know what's going on.

Generally I disagree with conservative views, but sometimes I find myself laughing with the O'Reilly Factor. However, a lot of the news I find to be a bit biased towards the conservative side... as most media is biased towards one side or the other... I generally use them as a reference for science articles in debate however.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:44 pm
Most media is shallow and uninformed. I bet everyone here can name who won American Idol. I bet nobody here can name two persecuted religious minorities in the Middle East.  

TammiGirl

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm
Ba'Hai and Zoroastrians. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:46 pm
No fair, YOU aren't allowed to answer brainiac! lol  

TammiGirl

Pumona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:50 pm
="Rainbowfied Mouse"
Generally I disagree with conservative views, but sometimes I find myself laughing with the O'Reilly Factor. However, a lot of the news I find to be a bit biased towards the conservative side... as most media is biased towards one side or the other... I generally use them as a reference for science articles in debate however.

This is why I mentioned to watch/listen to both types of news. Yes, I admit I watch/listen to conservative side but, I also listen to the other side. I want all facts/information.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff