Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Book 7 Harry Potter Thread *Read first post**Spoilers* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read it?
  yes
  no
View Results

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:57 pm
I finished the book the evening of its release date. It was amazing! The epilogue was a nice little add-on.

Thanks for clearing up who Victoire was. I mean, dang, I took French. I should've been able to guess that it was Fleur's child. XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:24 pm
I think I might have an Idea...but what ever happened to Ariana when she was six?  

StrawBerryApple

XC1RCAX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:22 pm
i dont plan on reading it, i hate harry potter  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:41 pm
StrawBerryApple
I think I might have an Idea...but what ever happened to Ariana when she was six?

some people have a theory that she was "sexual" assulted but i'm not too sure thats the case. theres a Harry potter site JKR has somewhere lol

and i love the book im just kinda dissapointed in it because its over... sad  

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Slanzer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:26 pm
dolly14
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Fate made us sisters,....

I still don't see how Ron and Hermonie could have 19 kids o.O

Hmm... I still want to see another book. She left too much open instead of closing off loose ends. Now there are more then ever it seems like XD

@Slanzer- I agree with the Peter Pettiegrew thing, I though he would have more to it then him killing himself.
The Elder wand doesn't lose its power because it can only be passed down if the person is killed by the hand of another. Since Snape used Draco's wand, Draco became the owner, but when Harry takes his wand by force it becomes Harry. Though I don't see how still that works, but oh well.
James was Harry's father, so how is there no relation? o.O He looked like him...

....but love made us friends.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No, the 19 Weasely kids means they were parented by Charlie, Bill, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny. Granted Fred will contribute 0 kids to that number, it's still plausible considering we've already seen 6 of the kids in the epilogue.

And I forgot that Snape used Draco's wand. That explains everything now... sort of.

By no relation between Harry and his dad, I meant interpersonal. He was closer to Sirius.

And Dateline had an AWESOME interview with JK Rowling (with spoilers) tonight! What annoyed me was that no questions about the Encyclopedia were made. confused
Pretty much what was discussed in this thread was the interview, as well as her bg, and that she'll be writing w/o deadlines from now on. Rather than ask what her future plans are, the interviewer askes Rowling "are you ever going to write ever again?" and "are you tired and going to take a break?" Naturally the answer was a simple "yes of course" and another "yes of course" to such stupidly simple questions. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:28 pm
SilentRedemption
StrawBerryApple

some people have a theory that she was "sexual" assulted but i'm not too sure thats the case. theres a Harry potter site JKR has somewhere lol

and i love the book im just kinda dissapointed in it because its over... sad
I doubt it's sexual. They attacked her out of fear of her magic. Plus they were children. razz

My guess is they just seriously beat the crap out of her and did some nasty torturing to her.  

Slanzer

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:09 am
Most likely theres a thread makeing a big deal about that. They all have these wild theories.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:32 pm
Slanzer
dolly14
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Fate made us sisters,....

I still don't see how Ron and Hermonie could have 19 kids o.O

Hmm... I still want to see another book. She left too much open instead of closing off loose ends. Now there are more then ever it seems like XD

@Slanzer- I agree with the Peter Pettiegrew thing, I though he would have more to it then him killing himself.
The Elder wand doesn't lose its power because it can only be passed down if the person is killed by the hand of another. Since Snape used Draco's wand, Draco became the owner, but when Harry takes his wand by force it becomes Harry. Though I don't see how still that works, but oh well.
James was Harry's father, so how is there no relation? o.O He looked like him...

....but love made us friends.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No, the 19 Weasely kids means they were parented by Charlie, Bill, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny. Granted Fred will contribute 0 kids to that number, it's still plausible considering we've already seen 6 of the kids in the epilogue.

And I forgot that Snape used Draco's wand. That explains everything now... sort of.

By no relation between Harry and his dad, I meant interpersonal. He was closer to Sirius.

And Dateline had an AWESOME interview with JK Rowling (with spoilers) tonight! What annoyed me was that no questions about the Encyclopedia were made. confused
Pretty much what was discussed in this thread was the interview, as well as her bg, and that she'll be writing w/o deadlines from now on. Rather than ask what her future plans are, the interviewer askes Rowling "are you ever going to write ever again?" and "are you tired and going to take a break?" Naturally the answer was a simple "yes of course" and another "yes of course" to such stupidly simple questions. rolleyes

Okay I thought differently about the 19 kids thing.
I see now the relation and all, being closer with Sirius and all. I think he named the kid James in memory of his father more I suppose. That is the only way I guess. So the name would be James Sirius Potter. I still wonder what Lily's middle name is though.
The interviewer should have asked her a bit more complex questions instead of simply ones and all. Yeah they should have asked her about that. Hmm I do wonder what she plans on writing next though.

And how the elder wand becomes Harry is all a bit complex and all. So it is easy to get lost there. I would have never figured it out until I looked over it several times to see how it became his and all.

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:49 pm
I think it would be nice if she wrote like a mini story that takes place from the end the finally chapter to the epiolge...that would be nifty.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:55 pm
The interview was a bit cheesy with the spoiler alert thing and it didn't ask enough in-depth questions, but I did like finding out what harry and ron's jobs where (still no Luna ending) I wonder what she will write next. It would be interesting if she started a completely different series set in a different world rather than continuing on the harry potter series.  

champagnesupernova09

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:58 pm
Oh do you want to knwo there jobs? i found a website that tells you let me find it again biggrin

Luna has an awsome job i just forgot what its called.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:23 pm
I like the whole Snape and Lily thing. I thought it was cute. I never expected Dudley to become nice to Harry.  

L Kook

Baby Snow Leopard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:01 pm
did anyone notice how the 7th book is like $34.99?! Is it just me or is Jk Rowling trying to make more money on the last book?

But I thought it was worth every penny...of my daddy's money! eek xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:55 pm
it only costed 15 for me lol. there was a sale the first week at the store.  

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

pirategurl87

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:34 pm
great book so glad harry lived  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items