Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Andor
Giang Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:05 am
((I am patient I'm just pointing it out is all XD))

"I see." He flipped the page and made a few more notes as his mind coiled itself around how he would make his puppets and the installation of blades into the arms. He closed the book and picked up another, making more notes as he read. "Kiae do you know of any places where whitecloaks would be at the moment or where one might obtain a set of their armor perhaps?" He smiled as his notes were starting to take the shape of a well built man with notes surrounding him as to materials and weaving possibilities. "I will need two outfits as well as a few other things. Overall however this should be rather simple. I wont have to worry about organs or vessels to tinge around. Perhaps this was my original calling."

He knew he was over confident yet how could he not be. He was tackling something extremely new and different as well as a future investment on his and Esole's well being. He loved it. New experiments normally did make him seem like a man possessed. He didn't care. All he knew was that he wanted to see the end results with his own eyes, produced by his own hands. he soon too out another sheet of paper and began writing on it as well as sketching a design for his second piece.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 am
"What on earth do you want Whitecloaks for?" she asked, wrinkling her nose in a look of disgust. She had never cared for their fanatical way of doing things and so never kept tabs on them. "And no, I haven't the faintest clue. None of them can channel, so I wouldn't be able to sense them anyway," she reminded him, deciding to make her way into the wagon. "Things have gotten messier since last time I was here, Rowiyl," she remarked.

"Oh, don't even bother, Kiae," he replied, not even looking up from his carving. "My daughter makes the outfits for all the mannequins, so whatever you need for them, let her know," he reminded the man absently. Kiae shook her head in amusement, catching the Tinker's eye. "Don't you patronize me, missy," he remarked. "You and your Warder should show more respect to an old man, you know."

"He's not my Warder," she informed him with a sigh. "He's the Warder of a fellow Sister - I thought I told you that!"

"If you did, I don't remember," he shot back, obviously enjoying riling the Aes Sedai.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:00 am
"Then perhaps she could make an outfit resembling one of the Whitecloak order. Or perhaps I should have him be more Warder looking. Then again..." He mused to himself as he finished the drawing and wrote a name on it. The two pages sat side by side, the female doll Agni and the male Rudra, both names underlined yet with a question mark at the end of them. He stopped his studying and smiled as he came back to his senses, hearing Kiae bickering at the Rowiyl. "You know you could be doing something more productive with your time then bickering at every living thing around you, Kiae Sedai." He opened the next book and began reading again before she could get in any comeback, his smile slowly fading as he immersed himself back into his study of puppetry.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:26 am
"It's impossible not to argue with Rowiyl," she said with a chuckle, far from offended. The Tinker had always possessed the unusual talent for driving her to distraction time and time again without fail.

"Why would you want a Whitecloak outfit?" the Tinker asked in disgust. "She can do it, sure, but I don't see any point to having one of those things on my mannequins."

"I'm sure he has some strange idea growing in his head that he'll share with us when he feels like it," Kiae replied carelessly, flipping through one of the Tinker's books. "Maybe you should think of how to transport them as well, instead of using weaves to constantly move them," she added, glancing up from the pages. "If they're life-sized, it won't be easy to pack them onto a horse unless you dissemble them."  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:43 pm
Melthin looked up from his book and slightly turned his head, not quite showing her his eyes but enough to show that he was now focused on her. "And what might you have in mind? Traveling is out of the question due to the circumstances." He looked back to the page he was on and shook his head. "I might also need a few outfits that royalty would wear. Perhaps some rich silks and embroidery befitting of nobles. If I am ever going to use them properly then they must be able to dress their parts. Do you not agree, Master Rowiyl? Besides the clothes will not be for your works of art. They shall be for mine." His hand went back to writing on the backs of the pages he had made his sketches on. Now writing and calculating possible ways of transportation. His eyes went back and forth from the book to his pages, absorbing every little detail like a sponge.

”This might be my greatest experiment yet. Yet it doesn't seem quite right. Perhaps I should add something a bit more...Powerful to it.” "Can ter' angreal be made out of anything? Furthermore is there anyone at the tower who can make them or craft them?"

((I got an evil plan....>_> well...evil for anyone who messes with Melthin. BUWAHAHAHA!))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 pm
(Nice try, buddy. xd I'm onto you...because you told me...)

"Traveling is out of the question for now," she corrected him soberly, glancing up at him briefly with a small smile. "I do not intend to live in this camp forever, never fear. I'm afraid I have no ideas at the moment, unless you wish to work on a weave to quickly reassemble them when needed."

"Tria can make any outfits you require, provided you give her enough time," the man replied with a nod, but was obviously insulted by Melthin's last comment. He exchanged a glance with Kiae, who quickly stepped in to repair the damage.

"Melthin, I believe you have not properly thanked Master Rowiyl for his help in all of this," she hinted lightly, eying the man with a private sigh. "One would think he would have developed manners - or at least decent people skills," she thought, shaking her head slightly.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 am
"Indeed. Using any Traveling weave would, and most probably will, allow anyone to follow. Secondly thank you Master Rowiyl. Forgive me, at times I tend to forget manners when I become engrossed in something new. Lastly Kiae thank you for pointing out my inconsideration of Master Rowiyl's hospitality but please refrain from further pointing out my faults. That is Esole Sedai's duty." He seemed to grow dark as he went back to studying yet stopped only a few moments later. "Anya's duty."

"If you need me I shall be practicing outside. Bother me only if there is dire need." Even though he wouldn't admit it openly, being around Esole and Kiae kept bringing back memories that he didn't want. Giving a page listing the outfits he would need to Kiae to try and avert her attention, he slipped out of the tent and walked out into the woods.

((Noooo! My plots foiled by an imposing Yellow and regressed memories XD ))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 pm
(Ha-ha! I live to be of such use. biggrin )

"What's wrong with that boy, Kiae? I think you were a little too oppressive," the Tinker said disapprovingly, and she looked up from her book with an amused gaze.

"Excuse me, Rowiyl? I seem to recall many times where you've been much harsher than that," she replied, calmly turning another page of the book. "Besides, he's a Warder. He has to learn how to adapt to his environment. And that includes the usual manners accompanying such a situation."

"I'll have Tria begin work on the outfits he wants right away," the man mumbled, quickly changing the subject when he recognized the tone in her voice. He wondered where that Warder of hers had gotten off to, the one in armor, but knew enough not to ask about something as touchy as that.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:13 am
I have many things to do and very little time. First I must be able to use the puppet with a single hand weaving, then two puppets with both hands. Not to mention a way to disassemble them and reassemble. Enough time for the girl to make the clothes. He walked past a few tree's, carrying the marionette he had brought back to Rowiyl with him. As he walked and tried to find a suitable spot, his mind was swarming with questions and half truths that only led to more questions. He knew he had to do much before he could use his newfound power to its fullest and the only think he could think was that there wasn't enough time.

"Time is such a fickle thing." He murmured to the marionette as he set it down and began his self training. First, I'll master control. Then a third of the battle will be over. He backed away and held out one hand to the marionette, casting his weave out at it.

((Dull post is dull. >_< ))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 pm
"I wonder how Andurael is doing," Kiae thought wistfully, before banishing the thought and glaring at the page in front of her. Snapping the book shut, she reached for another impatiently. "Is there any chance of dinner sometime?" she called to the man, who sighed.

"Don't I have enough to do?" he complained good-naturedly, shaking his head. "And yes, you can fill that bottomless stomach of yours in a while after Tria's done working for the day."

"No rush," she replied absently, resuming her reading. She could barely sense Esole and the other Warder and frowned - they hadn't been attacked, of that she was sure of, but there had to be a reason why they hadn't come to the camp by now.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:31 pm
Melthin could feel himself straining as well as the amount of the Power that he could hold. He Sighed rather discontentedly and waved his hand away, releasing the marionette to fall back to the ground again. "No matter how much I put into the weave it still doesn't seem to work or keep its complex nature. Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way." As he looked back to the marionette, an idea struck him and grabbed hold like a child holding its mother for dear life. "Of course! How could I have been so blind as to not see it before?" He held both his hand outward at the marionette and began weaving again. As soon as he felt he had control of it he moved his hands together. He knew what he was trying was either going to end in failure or complete success. After all, he had no knowledge of transferring the end of a weave in one hand to another.

As he pushed the Power to his other hand and made sure it took hold, he felt overjoyed to see it work as the marionette walk a few steps. "I've done it! Finally!" His happy thoughts soon came to a close when he felt the weave snap like highly strung strings. The marionette crumpled and Melthin's stare traveled from the crumpled mass back to his hand. "Well I had it. I could feel full control. Yet why did it break like that? Unless the weave was not strong enough. Perhaps if I make the strands thicker in the initial weave then it would help strengthen the weave for the transferring process."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:33 pm
((Ho-lee-s**t, Mat... are you a /b/rother rofl ))  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:47 pm
((Huh? neutral I don't think so....Then again it depends on what you mean by /b/rother ...Cause I am a brother but I'm not sure if you would count it because they are all step brothers and sisters...if your asking me whether I'm African American then no. I'm actually part Scottish, part Irish, and part Native American.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:55 am
(If you're going to post after so long, Hippie, can't you try to stay in the RP? xd )

Almost half-an-hour had passed before Kiae got to her feet, straightening out her skirts as Rowiyl looked up from his work.

"And where are you going?" he demanded, watching her out of the corner of her eye. She shrugged absently, stepping down from the wagon with a jump.

"Nowhere in particular. I need to stretch my legs a bit, that's all," she replied calmly, pushing a stray hair out of her eye before shutting the door behind her pointedly. It was true - she was bored stiff sitting in the wagon, even though it had been a while since she had the chance to read.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 am
To and for the marionette danced with the scholar as he wove with one hand and used his other for show. His face was set in stone as was his concentration. He hadn't known that controlling something with one hand was difficult to say at best. But it was do-able. As he came to a halt and the marionette did as well, he released the weave and let the thing crumple to the ground. "Good. I still need to work on that technique, otherwise everything else seems to be fine."

He cast the weave again, this time with just one hand. He almost laughed as he had memorized the weave once he transferred it and then just started copying it bit by bit. It seemed that once the weave had transferred, it had changed, becoming and feeling like strings on the fingers and in different spots for different movements. It was more intricate in nature to where the slightest twitch of the finger could cause it to stumble or fall to the ground like a drunkard. I will need to work a little longer before I start trying my hand at disassembling and reassembling.  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games