Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Okay, but dude. Again, many places call Zelda an RPG. Many sites, in fact, probably most gaming sites will call it an RPG.
You say, "I don't consider it an RPG." Which is your opinion and it's fine, but then you say, "It's based on what OTHER people classified as an RPG." If you think it's stupid, then why follow that logic?

Do...I have a choice in the matter? I'm trying to go my own way, but when I do that, debates start up ha ha.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm
The Labyrinthian
Biohazard EXTREME
Okay, but dude. Again, many places call Zelda an RPG. Many sites, in fact, probably most gaming sites will call it an RPG.
You say, "I don't consider it an RPG." Which is your opinion and it's fine, but then you say, "It's based on what OTHER people classified as an RPG." If you think it's stupid, then why follow that logic?

Do...I have a choice in the matter? I'm trying to go my own way, but when I do that, debates start up ha ha.

I know exactly how you feel.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 pm
The Labyrinthian

Well then, accept that Zelda is an RPG, lol.

But hey, you even got ME thinking now. Screw what other people say. I mean heck, other people say Resident Evil 4 is "Survival Horror" which is a joke. So, maybe we all (or at least the cool people) should have their own standards for video game genres. For example, it'll be a cold day in hell before I accept Kingdom Hearts as an RPG.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:09 pm
KH is an RPG in my eyes. My definition is a game with leveling that has at the very least, 40+ hours of gaming in one playthrough for traditional RPGs (Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, etc.) That s**t has to be epic. For something like Zelda, my first playthrough should take at least 20. OoT definitely took that, if not so much more with all the sidequests. Twilight Princess far surpassed that, I came in at like 46 hours my first playthrough.

That's another thing: sidequests. Lots of sidequests, and like Bio said, the town/dungeon/overworld system. Hyrule Field and Termina Field (Majora's Mask) are a hub to all the different towns and dungeons. You talk to people; they either say something stupid and do nothing, or they give you a sidequest. Hell, you even have shops and archery buildings and those little bomb mice things (I forgot the name, it's been so long!) have their own minigame, and each town has a level of immersion; there's always something to do, be it just chatting up the locals or buying something, playing a minigame, or doing a sidequests. Zelda, ever since Zelda II, has had this. Even the original had it to a much, much lesser degree (the old man and the Moblin hiding in the caves).  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:47 pm
Canas Renvall
KH is an RPG in my eyes. My definition is a game with leveling that has at the very least, 40+ hours of gaming in one playthrough for traditional RPGs (Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, etc.) That s**t has to be epic. For something like Zelda, my first playthrough should take at least 20. OoT definitely took that, if not so much more with all the sidequests. Twilight Princess far surpassed that, I came in at like 46 hours my first playthrough.

That's another thing: sidequests. Lots of sidequests, and like Bio said, the town/dungeon/overworld system. Hyrule Field and Termina Field (Majora's Mask) are a hub to all the different towns and dungeons. You talk to people; they either say something stupid and do nothing, or they give you a sidequest. Hell, you even have shops and archery buildings and those little bomb mice things (I forgot the name, it's been so long!) have their own minigame, and each town has a level of immersion; there's always something to do, be it just chatting up the locals or buying something, playing a minigame, or doing a sidequests. Zelda, ever since Zelda II, has had this. Even the original had it to a much, much lesser degree (the old man and the Moblin hiding in the caves).

What! OoT is your favorite game, no? How can you forget the name of Bombchus! Blasphemy, I say!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:04 pm
See, by what RPGs have evolved into in the 1990s, Canas' definition of an RPG is pretty much relevant to Zelda as well. But I gotta say, the first time I played an RPG where I couldn't change the main character's name, I was pissed. I was like, "How the hell is this an RPG?"  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:09 pm
I consider KH an RPG and Zelda an RPG AND RE 4 a horror survival because you're trying to "survive" a "horror". Its stretching it a bit, but it is. Resident Evil 5 is probably considered one, but I personally don't consider it one.

Whether people agree with me or not I could care less because I"m not going to sit here and argue pointlessly about something that doesnt even matter, like debating if chocolate is better than vanilla, when obviously people feel differently about it. Everyone has an opinion on whatever so oh well. But that's my short take on it. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:42 pm
Buuut, if everyone just sits there, keeping their opinions to themselves, we wouldn't need any kinds of forums at all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 pm
And plus, it matters to me. A lot. Even if it seems trivial to others.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:48 pm
That too. Like I said, I care more about audio visual media than I do about politics.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Buuut, if everyone just sits there, keeping their opinions to themslves, we wouldn't need any kinds of forums at all.

Yeah, that's what's fun about this guild, and why it's usually as active as it is. So what if the stuff we debate about doesn't matter? In the cosmic sense, nothing matters. Nothing we humans do throughout or short, trivial lives on this tiny blue speck floating around in a little pocket in space matters at all.

That said, my opinion is the right opinion, and everyone should agree with me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:44 am
Of course, there is that one theory, that all humans, and everything on earth emits a sort of energy, which reverberates into the universe and affects everything in that chaos theory kind of way.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:05 pm
I try not to think about that kind of stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm
...Be one with the universe.

Huuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm...

EDIT: Because of an error in calculation, I wasn't able to get the PS3 on Friday. But I will be getting it FOR SURE on Tuesday. Cannot wait.

My hype for FFXIII is building, but I won't let it soar. One thing I noticed when watching the TGS footage: The developers seem to not know what realistic gestures are.

I dislike it whenever I see a female character nod her head downward to a point of looking straight down, and then upwards, to indicate agreement. Nobody effing does that, except Japanese anime characters...Dammit. And I stopped watching anime years ago, so cut the bs.

Hey Bio, are you going to continue your best of certain video game systems?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:41 am
You know, I'm kinda annoyed that Sony has put out so much E3 footage on the PlayStation network, but so far, I'm seeing no TGS coverage whatsoever. I don't wanna watch it on this computer (read below), so I'm waiting til all the trailers come out on the PSN. But I'm not happy to hear that. I mean, I like Anime (well, good anime), but the problem is, when you get to the graphic level of FF13, then you gotta step up your animations to realism levels.
Hey, Canas, weren't the animations in Siren Blood Curse pretty overexaggerated anime like too? From what I saw, the gestures looked so forced. Just shows, you can have good animators, good equipment.. But if the DIRECTOR in the Mocap studio is an idiot, it can ruin everything.

Edit: Well, I just watched it. Streamed it on my PS3. I gotta say, even though the animations are so typically Japanese, I think I'm used to it, cause it didn't seem to clash. Although, I suppose it might be different if the voice acting behind them was English. I gotta wonder though, do people in Japan actually gesture like that? I mean, it's impossible that every mocap director in Japan would direct their actors badly. Or maybe every mocap actor in Japan has theatrical background and that's how they move on stage... I dunno... Either way, sooner or later they're gonna have to realize that when you get graphics as good as FF13, you're gonna have to internalize the emotions. Rather than having a guy drop down to his knees and cry at the ground. There's nothing on the ground, why are you yelling at it?

I'll probably continue the best of when I get a new computer. I have them all typed up (though I might revise them) but to actually copy that text, post it on one of the sites where I did. It might not seem like much to do that, but on this piece of crap calculator that passes for a computer in this house, it's a royal pain in the a**. I might do it from my mom's work, which means maybe as soon as next week, I'll see if her computer agrees with the concept of working properly a little better.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 700 701 702 703 704 705 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games