Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:06 pm

uhm.
        sin got:
        an ipod touch.
        gwen stefani's harajuku lovers fragrance.
        the book dot. homme by jane moore.
        a myer $5o giftcard.
        memoirs of a geisha on dvd.
        nail polish.
        a navy polka dot tote.
        chocolate. . 3.
        a gap sweatshirt.
        and money.
        ' 3'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 pm
*Stares enviously at Sin and LV's presents* Grr, you've got so many presents. stare I didn't get a single one for Christmas! gonk  

Minielf

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:39 pm

most are from friends. x:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:19 am
Minielf
*Stares enviously at Sin and LV's presents* Grr, you've got so many presents. stare I didn't get a single one for Christmas! gonk

Yeah, Christmas is just another holiday for us where the only present is free time.  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:32 am
I've noticed that boys don't tend to buy presents (or cards) for each other. xD;;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:43 pm
-is still testing colours and is skipping out red because it is "bad for your eyes", according to Annear (teacher)-
Can you put another colour up instead of these horrible choices that they've got on here?? Me wants pastel green ^.^ (not sure how people are going to be able to read it but yeah...)

@ Elfy: In a few years i will be the same as you xD We seem to get less and less presents as we get older. My sister got like 30 from all her friends etc... ninja

@ CBC: I find i have even less free time in the holidays... with what my mum forcing me to do maths and revise science and trying to keep my sister occupied... which is useless because she's just as stubborn as i am and won't get off the Wii.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:33 am
Christmas is a tricky season. You get days off work and school, but all the free time is spent stressing about shopping and dinners and more shopping. My family hardly even celebrates Christmas, it's just an excuse to go to people's houses and over-eat.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 am
O.O Brown is quite nice too.

Our family's Christmas... was just like a normal day except we pulled a few crackers. We don't open presents until boxing day.
-Normal until one of our friends decided to invite us for supper... well it was supposed to be supper but we ended up having it at 2pm!!! And i just ate like an hour ago so i didn't eat anything all afternoon. And when we got home it was like half 8 and i decided to boil some noodles because i was hungry ^.^
So all afternoon i was surrounded by screaming 0-7 year olds who were running around the living room and up and down the stairs yelling that a "headless ghost" was chasing them, as a result of my sister watching a horror movie... >.< And i was trying to read...

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:19 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:09 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Christmas is a tricky season. You get days off work and school, but all the free time is spent stressing about shopping and dinners and more shopping. My family hardly even celebrates Christmas, it's just an excuse to go to people's houses and over-eat.

So true. These last few weeks our family's had countless number of outdoor barbecues, with the same food every time. Because of this, I haven't lost any weight at all.  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:32 pm
Same with us, but with less BBQ. We've got family friends that can really cook up a feast, it's impossible not to over eat. There are so many dishes that if you just grab a little bit of each, you fill two damn plates.

But I did lose 2kg in the pas month! 4laugh I hope...some of the weighs are weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:00 am
I've gained so much weight since I've been in China, it's so not funny..

I forgot to say I got a Stephen Fry book, a necklace and neon socks from my boyfriend~ whee and.. money from Chinese relatives. A lot of money. That's about it, though~ everyone at uni is like ultra-poor thf lacking in funds to buy presents.. xD  

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:49 am
@ Niphy: It's always the same when i go to China. I stuff myself at friends/relatives houses (so many people invite us to posh restaurants as well!!), and realise afterwards that i put on like 10kg...

I do get a lot of money from Chinese relatives as well. I mean... where do they get it all from???? Interestingly enough not many Chinese relatives get me presents. They just give me the money, and go "spend it on whatever." I still have like 300 Chinese Yuan from a year ago...

@ Elfy: Over here it's too cold to have a barbecue right now crying . Plus, it's probably going to rain and ruin the barbecue half-way through stare . The weather sucks. We haven't even had ONE bit of snow... crying crying crying

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:00 am
Wow, its almost new years. Time seems to fly so fast, its hard to comprehend that 2008 is almost over.

lol Niph, I noticed I'm starting to put some weight since I came home. o_o Somehow need to burn it off before I head back to my dorm. I swear I gain weight when I'm with family but at the dorms I loss weight. o_o Most of the people at the dorms complain about gaining weight.

The dreadful thing about holidays, always too much food!
My family ended up going out to a restaurant with family friends. It was like finish five entrees and here comes 3 more. I swear we had 15 entries that night. @_@;;

Nothing personal but I find Christmas decorations kind of an eyesore here in Houston. o_o; They look so out of place here and it doesn't feel like Winter.

Growing up in a city that snowed and where Christmas decorations were something to look forward too. Maybe I just miss the snow. I'll be seeing that when I head back to my dorm, I guess.

Right now I have too much free time. @_@: I hate to admit it but I MISS school! >.<;;

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:42 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Same with us, but with less BBQ. We've got family friends that can really cook up a feast, it's impossible not to over eat. There are so many dishes that if you just grab a little bit of each, you fill two damn plates.

But I did lose 2kg in the pas month! 4laugh I hope...some of the weighs are weird.

I managed to lose 14kg within two months. mrgreen But during the past month my weight's pretty much stayed the same. Probably because I haven't been exercising much.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games