Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:34 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Quote:
Oh, and Resident Evil has always been mainstream. It was never cult. Same goes for Mortal Kombat. And until RE4, every Resident Evil sequel had always been pretty much more of the same, and we weren't complaining, were we? No. We liked it that way. And while I agree that RE is no longer Survival Horror, RE has always had quite a bit of action (especially RE3).

Well, we have different definitions of what Mainstream is. And my definition... If you have another word for it, please let me know.
When I say a mainstream gamer, I mean someone who only plays the hot new thing. And that hot new thing is what I call a mainstream game.
Frankly, by my standards, in North America, I don't even consider Final Fantasy a mainstream franchise. It was in 1990s, but not anymore. Now, those of us who like RPGs, play RPGs. Mainstream gamers would just say, "I don't play those gay Japanese games." Fallout 3 is another one. "You shoot the guy in the head and he doesn't die right away, that's gay." I'm talking about those people. The fratboys. Like I said, if you have another word for those types of gamers, let me know. But that's the kind of audience Resident Evil managed to snag, which was not the case at RE's beginning.

Quote:
But this is another thing that's based on opinion. I'm a huge Halo fan and I love 2 and 3 just as much as 1. I mean Halo 2 and 3 weren't "just another Halo" game. Its a continuation of the story. I mean gotta find out what happens. Gears of War I also personally loved though its had more of a simple plot, but still awesome gameplay in my opinion. RE I have to admit has strayed away from that classic survival horror, but I still love the series regardless and it still manages to sell thousands to even millions of copies so that says something to me.

Well, yes, to YOU it's the continuation of the story. But you're not a mainstream gamer. Most people I've met, said something along the lines of, "Oh man! Halo 3 is coming out! I can't wait! I'm getting it just for the multiplayer!" same with Call of Duty 4, same with even GTA4. Some people didn't even bother with the story mode, just wanted to play the multiplayer. Those are the guys I'm talking about. You say, "Fallout 3 is an awesome game. If you do everything in it, it could last you over 100 hours," they ask, "Does it have multiplayer?" No. "Then I'm not gonna bother with it."
That's a mainstream gamer. You say, "The game has a great story, and lots of great character development." They say, "Who cares about the story?"

Quote:
I thought you were for actual solid, tangible copies of videogames with resale value, Bio? Personally, I'm with you there.

Actually, yes, I am all for hard copy media. But there's a big problem with that when it comes to this generation of handhelds. Unless it's God of War or Final Fantasy, or Pokemon, or Mario, then the game is probably on the shelf maybe six months, no more. Even Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, which became a GREATEST HIT, is difficult to find. That's why I like the idea of downloadable PSP games, because they're not gonna be out of stock. It's not gonna be discontinued, unless it's like... Australia, and there's blood in the game. I mean, I missed out on quite a few good PSP games and now I have access to them once again.

Quote:
Hey guys, I just got out of the hospital a few hours ago... I was on the way home from school, and this elderly guy in his giant truck pulled out of his stop sign (I didn't have one, so I had the right of way), and I basically just slammed the brakes and hoped for the best. Everyone turned out okay, but my car is totaled and they had to take me to the hospital to make sure I was alright.

God, Bio, I'm really sorry again... Car accidents are the worst.

Sheez... Man, sorry to hear about your car... Glad everyone's okay though.

Quote:
But, here's something else. I recorded myself singing "Elle's Theme" from Silent Hill 5... be nice, it's nowhere near perfect, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it.
Sooo..... Who hooked you up with the instrumental, Hmm?

EDIT:
Well guys. I just finished the Brutal Legend demo. And I gotta say... I ******** loved it!
It's a good thing Heavy Rain isn't coming until 2010, because now I can say that Brutal Legend is my most anticipated original title of the year. And unlike games such as Wet, inFamous, and Alpha Protocol... Brutal Legend just went from my "Wishlist" to my "Must haves" of the fall. I'l definitely be getting it as soon as it comes out. It's amazingly animated. Got a, what seems so far as a kick a** storyline. One of the most imaginative artificial universes I've seen in a video game. You know, I've never been that much of a Heavy Metal fan, but I remember going into like the Heavy Metal section of a store and wanting to buy an album just based on the cover art, thinking, "Man, this could be a story in itself." So that's the kind of kick a** world Brutal Legend delivers, and I freakin love it.
From what I see, Brutal Legend is fan service to heavy metal fans everywhere, but it works both ways I think. Because I can tell you that there's a very realistic chance that after this game, I'm gonna love Metal a lot more. Can't wait til the full version goes on sale!

ohhh okay, I see what you're saying now. Haha I'll take that as a compliment. smile So basically you're defining main stream gamers as only lovers of multiplayer games "only". Yeah, I see what you mean. That can definitely get tiring.

So Bio, ever played Assassin's Creed?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:41 am
SaintChaos
As annoying as it is for mankind to invent new ways for us to be lazy...that doesn't mean we HAVE to do what they invent. Netflix if more suited for people who are going to watch s**t every day of their life (poetically speaking). Its not like you HAVE to choose their service, its just merely a choice that is available.

Really? We don't HAVE to choose Netflix? You mean that video stores haven't completely phased out (yet)? I guess that's why Blockbuster has now taken up a new Netflix-style ordering system and have announced that they will be closing over 900 of their video stores by the end of this year. Because video stores totally aren't dying out. Source

SaintChaos
The example you choose is funny though because whether you go get the movie from Blockbuster or get it from netflix, the result of what you do in the end is the same and that basically.......sitting on your a** doing nothing but watching a movie. LOL.

Yes, over the course of my post regarding the lost social aspects of going out to the video store and renting a movie, you spotted the fact that the end result is sitting on your a** and watching the movie. I hope the soft spot of your skull held up to all that brain throbbing.

SaintChaos
Stranger- Just because I wasn't a fan OF THE SERIES from the beginning, doesn't mean I can't still be. RE 4 is what got me started, but SINCE THEN I have been playing the older games as well as the newer every chance I get. So don't freaking sit there and tell me what I am and what I'm not. I've stated time and time again how I felt about the series as a whole, but apparently you skipped over that part.

So yeah, NOW is that clear? Jesus.

Oh, sorry. My bad. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I guess I wasn't quite clear on your stance regarding the RE series after, you know, reading your frikkin' introductory post:
SaintChaos
Point of the Story

Now years before I had always heard about the Resident Evil series, but I always made fun of it BECAUSE it dealt with zombies and I thought it was ridiculous that they wouldn't stop making sequels for it and I just thought it was stupid MAINLY due to the fact that, despite being a horror movie buff, I never....NEVER cared for anything dealing with zombies because zombie movies get me bored and they make me laugh. I just don't find them that scary, but when Resident Evil 4 came out I kept hearing and reading reviews on how good the game was. And it wasn't until later that I saw my friend play it for the first time. The part I saw him play was when you meet the merchant the first time and he was sniping out zombies. So it caught my curiosity, but it wasn't until I actually GOT a PS2 that I decided to finally get the 4th Game. The minute I got used to playing it I TOTALLY fell in love with it and Leon.

However, it was the only RE game I ever liked and I didn't care to get into the rest of the series. And so 2009 comes around and RE5 was being advertised and it looked so totally freaking awesome and decided to get it. And then Wesker came along.....this was the first time you actively get to see Wesker move around, well at least for me it was and I totally fell for the guy hahaha. I mean he's so damn awesome and BECAUSE of that I decided to make a costume for him to take to a convention and I decided if I'm going to get more into the series I need to do some damn research. So I spent hours online on looking up info on the entire RE franchise, reading about the story behind the games and I started to realize just how awesome this game series really is and how goofy I felt that I used to make fun of the series. I think the ironic twist is that the 4th game of both RE and DMC got me into both series. I have however played the first RE game, remake, for the gamecube. Not all the way through, but I have cutscenes to pretty much all the games except a select few so I already know what goes on.

And that my friends is my story behind my RE experience.

And then there's the little fact that you've been talking all this s**t about the classic survival horror gameplay of the SERIES while praising RE4's gameplay.

And I haven't heard you say s**t about playing any of the older games besides REmake, which you didn't finish. So please direct me to the posts where you explained all this, because I haven't seen any. And you just joined this guild about a week or two ago, so you must have played through all those old games real quick.

Reading the Resident Evil Wiki (which is full of errors I might add) and watching cutscenes on Youtube on the older installments of the series does not make you a fan of those games. You don't even like the ******** gameplay. If I just watched the cutscenes of RE4, would I be getting the whole scope of the storyline or what took place in the game? Did I read any of those documents spread throughout the environments? Did I actually experience the ******** game and enjoy the experience of playing it?

You obviously didn't enjoy playing through REmake (one of the best RE games there is), seeing as you couldn't even ******** finish it. So don't freaking sit there and tell me that you're a fan of the series when you've cleary demonstrated that you're not.

So yeah, I'll say it again: YOU DON'T LOVE THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES. You love RE4/5. Those are the only Resident Evil games that you've played though and completed. Those are the only Resident Evil games that you actually like. Deal with it.

SaintChaos
If you're going to change my words, the least you could is ask me "is this what you meant?" Yeah real smooth. I NEVER said it was the epitome of realism. For instance, in real life if someone holds a gun to your head, are you going to stand there and think for 10 minutes of what you're going to do? Of course not, you're most likely going to get shot before you do anything. So what do you normally do? "Shoot them in the head."

I'm just saying its more "satisfying" to the player to be able to do something in right away. That's all I was getting at.

Really? Then maybe that's all you should have said in the first place. Because RE4 isn't any more realistic than Final Fantasy. Videogames aren't realistic, and realism usually hinders videogames more than it enhances them. That's why I play videogames. To escape reality. Because reality sucks.

But I get it. "Instant" is more "satisfying" to you. Gotcha, baby.

SaintChaos
gee ladi freakin dah. Running around aimlessly trying to solve puzzles, and running around aimlessly shooting, seems like both have the same result to me from what your saying.

What result is that? Completing the ******** game?

SaintChaos
So you find my way of playing things boring. There's nothing wrong with that. If that's how you feel then okay. Thats fine. I'm not going to argue that nor was I trying to to begin with. Like I said, I'll at least do the game a favor of playing it through once instead of just stopping half way because I b***h about the gameplay.

Irony. But I think this was all actually some sort of twisted analogy for your burning desire to have sex with me. Please don't do me any favors by playing through with me for a once over. With your undying need for instant gratification, I can only imagine anyone lucky enough to have sex with you gets to skip the unnecessary intercourse part, and go straight to the weird smell in the air.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:44 am
Let's try to remain calm, Stranger... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 am
Thee Stranger
SaintChaos
As annoying as it is for mankind to invent new ways for us to be lazy...that doesn't mean we HAVE to do what they invent. Netflix if more suited for people who are going to watch s**t every day of their life (poetically speaking). Its not like you HAVE to choose their service, its just merely a choice that is available.

Really? We don't HAVE to choose Netflix? You mean that video stores haven't completely phased out (yet)? I guess that's why Blockbuster has now taken up a new Netflix-style ordering system and have announced that they will be closing over 900 of their video stores by the end of this year. Because video stores totally aren't dying out. Source

SaintChaos
The example you choose is funny though because whether you go get the movie from Blockbuster or get it from netflix, the result of what you do in the end is the same and that basically.......sitting on your a** doing nothing but watching a movie. LOL.

Yes, over the course of my post regarding the lost social aspects of going out to the video store and renting a movie, you spotted the fact that the end result is sitting on your a** and watching the movie. I hope the soft spot of your skull held up to all that brain throbbing.

SaintChaos
Stranger- Just because I wasn't a fan OF THE SERIES from the beginning, doesn't mean I can't still be. RE 4 is what got me started, but SINCE THEN I have been playing the older games as well as the newer every chance I get. So don't freaking sit there and tell me what I am and what I'm not. I've stated time and time again how I felt about the series as a whole, but apparently you skipped over that part.

So yeah, NOW is that clear? Jesus.

Oh, sorry. My bad. I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I guess I wasn't quite clear on your stance regarding the RE series after, you know, reading your frikkin' introductory post:
SaintChaos
Point of the Story

Now years before I had always heard about the Resident Evil series, but I always made fun of it BECAUSE it dealt with zombies and I thought it was ridiculous that they wouldn't stop making sequels for it and I just thought it was stupid MAINLY due to the fact that, despite being a horror movie buff, I never....NEVER cared for anything dealing with zombies because zombie movies get me bored and they make me laugh. I just don't find them that scary, but when Resident Evil 4 came out I kept hearing and reading reviews on how good the game was. And it wasn't until later that I saw my friend play it for the first time. The part I saw him play was when you meet the merchant the first time and he was sniping out zombies. So it caught my curiosity, but it wasn't until I actually GOT a PS2 that I decided to finally get the 4th Game. The minute I got used to playing it I TOTALLY fell in love with it and Leon.

However, it was the only RE game I ever liked and I didn't care to get into the rest of the series. And so 2009 comes around and RE5 was being advertised and it looked so totally freaking awesome and decided to get it. And then Wesker came along.....this was the first time you actively get to see Wesker move around, well at least for me it was and I totally fell for the guy hahaha. I mean he's so damn awesome and BECAUSE of that I decided to make a costume for him to take to a convention and I decided if I'm going to get more into the series I need to do some damn research. So I spent hours online on looking up info on the entire RE franchise, reading about the story behind the games and I started to realize just how awesome this game series really is and how goofy I felt that I used to make fun of the series. I think the ironic twist is that the 4th game of both RE and DMC got me into both series. I have however played the first RE game, remake, for the gamecube. Not all the way through, but I have cutscenes to pretty much all the games except a select few so I already know what goes on.

And that my friends is my story behind my RE experience.

And then there's the little fact that you've been talking all this s**t about the classic survival horror gameplay of the SERIES while praising RE4's gameplay.

And I haven't heard you say s**t about playing any of the older games besides REmake, which you didn't finish. So please direct me to the posts where you explained all this, because I haven't seen any. And you just joined this guild about a week or two ago, so you must have played through all those old games real quick.

Reading the Resident Evil Wiki (which is full of errors I might add) and watching cutscenes on Youtube on the older installments of the series does not make you a fan of those games. You don't even like the ******** gameplay. If I just watched the cutscenes of RE4, would I be getting the whole scope of the storyline or what took place in the game? Did I read any of those documents spread throughout the environments? Did I actually experience the ******** game and enjoy the experience of playing it?

You obviously didn't enjoy playing through REmake (one of the best RE games there is), seeing as you couldn't even ******** finish it. So don't freaking sit there and tell me that you're a fan of the series when you've cleary demonstrated that you're not.

So yeah, I'll say it again: YOU DON'T LOVE THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES. You love RE4/5. Those are the only Resident Evil games that you've played though and completed. Those are the only Resident Evil games that you actually like. Deal with it.

SaintChaos
If you're going to change my words, the least you could is ask me "is this what you meant?" Yeah real smooth. I NEVER said it was the epitome of realism. For instance, in real life if someone holds a gun to your head, are you going to stand there and think for 10 minutes of what you're going to do? Of course not, you're most likely going to get shot before you do anything. So what do you normally do? "Shoot them in the head."

I'm just saying its more "satisfying" to the player to be able to do something in right away. That's all I was getting at.

Really? Then maybe that's all you should have said in the first place. Because RE4 isn't any more realistic than Final Fantasy. Videogames aren't realistic, and realism usually hinders videogames more than it enhances them. That's why I play videogames. To escape reality. Because reality sucks.

But I get it. "Instant" is more "satisfying" to you. Gotcha, baby.

SaintChaos
gee ladi freakin dah. Running around aimlessly trying to solve puzzles, and running around aimlessly shooting, seems like both have the same result to me from what your saying.

What result is that? Completing the ******** game?

SaintChaos
So you find my way of playing things boring. There's nothing wrong with that. If that's how you feel then okay. Thats fine. I'm not going to argue that nor was I trying to to begin with. Like I said, I'll at least do the game a favor of playing it through once instead of just stopping half way because I b***h about the gameplay.

Irony. But I think this was all actually some sort of twisted analogy for your burning desire to have sex with me. Please don't do me any favors by playing through with me for a once over. With your undying need for instant gratification, I can only imagine anyone lucky enough to have sex with you gets to skip the unnecessary intercourse part, and go straight to the weird smell in the air.

At this point there isn't even any point to talking to you. Your childish rant is condescending and you're acting like a ******** a*****e and you don't even care lol. Well this makes my post a lot shorter to write. blaugh If you can't handle the fact that I happen to love the newer games along with the older ones, I guess that's your ******** problem right?

What started as a friendly debate/conversation, you've turned into a complete childish beat up of verbal taunts about something that isn't that extremely important. talk2hand Man take a chill pill or something dude. If you're going to just sit there and insult insult insult rolleyes like some stupid little kid than just forget it and move on. I have to admit though I've contradicted myself in conversation before and I might come off rather strong in opinion, but I at least try my best to respect the other person's feelings and opinions. No one's perfect so I can't do that 100%, but I at least try. But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

So Bio, about that Assassin's Creed......lol rofl  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:18 pm
To get this ball rolling on a more positive note, while looking through some youtube videos to find music from Silent Hill Homecoming, I happened upon a user that has uploaded just about every OLD SCHOOL Resident Evil music and sounds imaginable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stripedlady

This guy here has a s**t load, and I do mean a s**t load of videos, but around maybe page...10 or something, or further he has music and sounds from RE0 to 1 to Code Veronica and pretty much everything so I thought you guys would appreciate the link to it. I'm hoping to go through all the videos and listen to my favorite ones and download them, especially any music with Wesker lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:47 pm
rolleyes Well, *shrugs* nobody likes a poser. Other than that, I guess you don't have anything for me. So I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I guess. If some random stranger on the internet can actually get to you like that, I guess it's best that you do just forget it and move on. I, however, was quite chill over here on this end. Enjoying myself, as a matter of fact. And trust me, I'd love to stop acting like some stupid little kid, but it's the only way your mother can get off. I think it's because deep down... she really misses you.  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:59 pm
Glad to hear you're alright Canas. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:22 pm
Thee Stranger
rolleyes Well, *shrugs* nobody likes a poser. Other than that, I guess you don't have anything for me. So I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I guess. If some random stranger on the internet can actually get to you like that, I guess it's best that you do just forget it and move on. I, however, was quite chill over here on this end. Enjoying myself, as a matter of fact. And trust me, I'd love to stop acting like some stupid little kid, but it's the only way your mother can get off. I think it's because deep down... she really misses you.

Poser huh? Whatever talk2hand haha yeah right. There's no reason for my feelings to get hurt over something as goofy as that. But I guess you neglect the fact that text on a screen can be interpreted in hundreds of ways with no visual to go by, tone of voice, or body language. Your so called "apology" feels just as nonchalant in nature and pathetic as your attempts at an insult. Is that really what you've boiled yourself down to now? Nice...  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm
rolleyes What was that? I'm sorry, I was too busy over here not giving a s**t.

Aaaanyway, Notte, you have a beautiful voice. Canas, glad to see you're still among the living. wink Bio, Uncharted is a good time. Thanks for recommending it. I'll see you guys later. I'm going to the bar.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Haha lawl, anyway Bio when you get a chance to respond back see if you've played any of these titles cuz I want to know your opinion on them.

Assassin's Creed
Fable 1 and or 2
Ninja Gaiden 1 or 2
Fatal Frame
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and or 2
Prince of Persia Series

ugh there were a few others can't remember at the moment though, but played any of those?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:12 pm
I've played Assassin's Creed... couldn't get into it. I don't mind slower-paced games, but it was just too slow for me. And if you don't like slow-paced gameplay (as I think you said in the little scuffle between you and Stranger), you probably won't like it.

But leaping off buildings is still awesome. :XP:

Played Fatal Frame 1, and it's pretty awesome. Rather original take on horror, and very atmospheric. I have Fatal Frame II sitting right next to me, just waiting to be played... razz

As for the PoP series, the Sands of Time trilogy is absolutely incredible, especially the first in the series (Sands of Time). One of my favorite games ever. However, the newest one for this generation was just... lacking something, I didn't enjoy it as much. It was worth a rent at most.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:28 pm
Canas Renvall
I've played Assassin's Creed... couldn't get into it. I don't mind slower-paced games, but it was just too slow for me. And if you don't like slow-paced gameplay (as I think you said in the little scuffle between you and Stranger), you probably won't like it.

But leaping off buildings is still awesome. :XP:

Played Fatal Frame 1, and it's pretty awesome. Rather original take on horror, and very atmospheric. I have Fatal Frame II sitting right next to me, just waiting to be played... razz

As for the PoP series, the Sands of Time trilogy is absolutely incredible, especially the first in the series (Sands of Time). One of my favorite games ever. However, the newest one for this generation was just... lacking something, I didn't enjoy it as much. It was worth a rent at most.

Ah ha, a more sensible talker haha. Actually I love Assassin's Creed. I don't consider it slow, however the gameplay I find very redundant in nature so I can definitely understand if people can't get into it. It needs an acquired taste I think. But omg I'll never forget my moment reaction to the beginning when it switches from you being an assassin to some guy in some electronic animus set in modern future time and I was like ".......what the F---?" haha omg I almost laughed because I was so surprised. I wasn't expecting something like that at all.

But yes, the biggest thing I love about it is the complete free form of jumping and running off rooftops. But on a more serious note....falling what...50 feet or more off a ledge and landing in a small cart of hay is going to break a fall? SERIOUSLY? hahhaha

Fatal Frame. Hmm, I've been told all about the games and I've seen playthroughs of it, but it didn't completely catch my attention. It didn't seem that scary to me either. I find Silent Hill a lot more creepy or disturbing than I did Fatal Frame, at least from what I gathered. But the story was still cool and the game play had interesting mechanics in it.

Prince of Persia....sweeeet. I'm a huge fan of that series too. Story was awesome, as you probably know with me by now, if the story sucks I won't waste my time. Gameplay...you know when I first heard about the game and a dagger that reverses time? I was skeptical and thought the idea was rather funny. But I saw my friend play the first one and I was hooked from then on. I honestly can't get much into the first one though. Loved the second one, and omg the third OMG the Dark Prince is my favorite >_> What gets me into the game is how you really have to be an observer of your environment and to use it to get to the next area. This may be a little exaggerated, but its definitely a new way of thinking of how to solve a puzzle. And don't you just LOVE those leaps of faith when you're not sure if you're going to make it or even sure where the hell you're jumping to? hahha those are fun.

The fourth game....oh god don't get me started. It had horrible reviews from the beginning and the Prince in it isn't even the Prince himself......so.....wtf.....I was going to get it at first, but with the constant complaints about it and horrible reviews and watching videos of it, I just...didn't want to waste my time. However from the artistic side, I absolutely loved the character design and some of the game mechanics looked pretty cool. I'll give it that much. Maybe one day when I get my 360 back, I'll rent it so I can give it a more proper review instead of just going off of what everyone else says.

Did you know they're making a live action movie for the Prince of Persia? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473075/ Holy buttballs YES! But as I'm sure a lot of you know, its rare that a game movie adaptation is ever good. I mean just look at the Resident Evil movies.....ugh.....but I'm going to see this movie regardless. Even if its just a "concept" of the game, I still want to see it. I have to admit though....is it just me or....does that actor they picked for the prince seem too....."soft" in personality. All the other roles I've seen him in are always soft like characters and the Prince is anything but soft if you get what I'm saying. I don't know...what do you think Canas?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:47 pm
Oh, don't even get me started on the RE movies debate... >_> (I'm all for them, btw).

We've had the poster for the PoP movie forever in our theatre, and I'm really excited for it. biggrin They took the Prince's Warrior Within design, too, which I did like a lot.

Also, fourth RE movie in 3D will be awesome. Wentworth Miller has been cast as Chris Redfield. Never saw Prison Break, but I think he should be a pretty good Chris.

Edit: Forgot to say that I saw Zombieland tonight. It was awesome. Hilarious, and one moment with a star cameo was just gutbusting. I think of it as an American Shaun of the Dead, not in that it borrows stuff from Shaun of the Dead, but it's a great zombie comedy, only made in America. razz Highly recommended!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm
Canas Renvall
Oh, don't even get me started on the RE movies debate... >_> (I'm all for them, btw).

We've had the poster for the PoP movie forever in our theatre, and I'm really excited for it. biggrin They took the Prince's Warrior Within design, too, which I did like a lot.

Also, fourth RE movie in 3D will be awesome. Wentworth Miller has been cast as Chris Redfield. Never saw Prison Break, but I think he should be a pretty good Chris.

Edit: Forgot to say that I saw Zombieland tonight. It was awesome. Hilarious, and one moment with a star cameo was just gutbusting. I think of it as an American Shaun of the Dead, not in that it borrows stuff from Shaun of the Dead, but it's a great zombie comedy, only made in America. razz Highly recommended!

oh wait! do tell do tell about your views on the RE movies. i give you my word i wont retort back on your opinion of them because i seriously have no idea what to think of them honestly. so yes...do tell do tell!

but yeah, haha so you work the theaters? lucky bastards XD im a movie lover and thats one low pay job i know i would love. yeah definitely loved who they took his second game design outfit. that outfit is bad a** >_>

Wentworth miller huh? its hard to find pics of him with hair xD but i managed to find yeah. yeah i think he can pull him off lol. i wish they would fix Wesker though. the actor they picked wasn't too bad. they made him more emotional (in subtle ways) than Wesker really is, but its still awesome to see Wesker on the big screen heart But yeah i read all about the 4th movie being in 3D.....but seriously why 3D? O_o all the other ones were live action. heard rumors that Leon and Kevin Ryman will be in it, but in one of the movies in a newspaper hibituary, they already claimed Leon as dead so wtf? LOL  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:57 pm
SaintChaos
Haha lawl, anyway Bio when you get a chance to respond back see if you've played any of these titles cuz I want to know your opinion on them.

Assassin's Creed
Fable 1 and or 2
Ninja Gaiden 1 or 2
Fatal Frame
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and or 2
Prince of Persia Series

ugh there were a few others can't remember at the moment though, but played any of those?

Alright, let's see...

Assassin's Creed... Owned it before. It was pretty cool, but damn, the worst ending... like... Ever. I know there's a bigger story arc involved, and that's cool, but honestly, it didn't interest me enough to want to buy AC2, so I probably won't be bothering with that.

Fable haven't played. KOTOR haven't played, but heard good things about it, as well as the twist at the end.

Ninja Gaiden, played the Sigma demos, but it didn't interest me much. I dunno, to me it kind of felt like playing a less fun version of Onimusha.

Fatal Frame, played the second one. Didn't really get into it. The horror aspect was amazing, but I didn't like the premise. Playing as a 12 year old Japanese girl isn't my thing.

Prince of Persia... I actually really wanna get into the series. The Sands of Time trilogy, I mean. As soon as I get money and the means to, I'll probably pick up the whole trilogy for PS2. It looks like an awesome game. And the fact that I met the hero's voice actor doesn't hurt either.

Sorry, Canas, but since there's been word that Excella's gonna be in the 3D RE movie, I don't think I'll bother. As much as it breaks my heart, since I'm a big fan of Eva Mendes. But whatever, if Anderson's gonna put RE5 characters into it, it's not worth my time. Wesker's probably gonna end up transforming at the end, too. Blech.

But good to hear about Zombieland. I figured it was gonna be like the American version of Shaun, and that's a good thing.

On another note. I just got back from my seasonal job and I'm hurtin' something fierce. Man, dressing up in costumes and scaring people is exhausting work. It was like monster boot camp.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games