Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:39 pm
Canas Renvall

Well, that list is kinda wrong, considering O'Meara got replaced by Shawn Johnson as Wesker already, and Ali is for sure on board. Eva Mendes as Excella though... I can kinda see it... Again, another problem: I love Eva Mendes but Excella's personality was as thin as a piece of paper... Like Jensen Ackles with Leon. So with one thing confirmed and one disproved, maybe that gives us hope with Excella (not being in it)? biggrin

Edit: I believe Milla Jovovich's Twitter said that they were beginning filming either last week or the one before.
Umm... Do you mean Shawn Roberts?

And see, Canas? SaintChaos also mistook 3D for CGI, so I wasn't the only one with a blonde moment there.

Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up until I know for sure. The RE movies have been just too good at keeping all the crappy cheesy gamecrap (i.e. Alfred, Marcus, RE4) out of the movies that I can't help but think, "This is a little too perfect."

I wouldn't mind Leon in the movies, as long as he's portrayed more like the RE2 Leon. And not the, "Bingo" Leon we all love to hate. But like I said, in my perfect world, just to piss off Leon Fangirls (and fangirls of all girly pretty boys in general), I'd star Vin Diesel as Leon.

My favorite Vampire movie would have to be Bram Stoker's Dracula starring Keanu Reeves. I mean... Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman... Just can't go wrong. Although if you're asking about a movie with Vampires IN it, without them being the main focus, I'd say Day Watch. But I'm Russian, so that's justified.

As far as Zombieland goes... I mean, there's only so many times you can watch Shaun of the Dead over and over (which for me is infinity), but we're well overdue for another decent zombie movie to hit the theaters. The last half-decent one was Romero's Land of the Dead, I think. And that was 4 years ago. So Zombieland is just what the zombie culture needs. Like a cup of coffee to keep it going. I still gotta find the time to see the freakin thing. I would've seen it on Friday, but since I had to scare little teenage girls (speaking of which, two were following me around the park today. I felt violated) I couldn't. Maybe when I get my paycheck.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 am
AngelaAshford
Twilight is garbage.

Seconded. Though I've never read it or watched the movie... I'm quite certain I hate it. Vampires whose skin glitters in the sunlight instead of, you know, melting and killing them like sunlight is supposed to? I can only imagine the Twilight vampires are the gay pride paraders of their species. Does the author even know what a vampire is?

Twilight Vampire: "Ooo, it'th thunny outthide! Let'th go out there and danthe and watch the way our thkin glithenth! Anyone want thome beadth? Thome beadth?!? I mean JETHUTH, we got a lotta beadth!!"

And yeah, I agree, Bio. The world will always need new zombie flicks... but what the world doesn't need is a new Resident Evil movie. Actually, I'm just kidding. I hope you like the new RE movie, Bio. At least there will be something having to do with Resident Evil that you can look forward to and enjoy somewhat. You need it, man.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:36 am
I'm sorry, but Romero has completely lost his touch. Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead...Both sucked a**...Well, maybe not that. But they're big disappoints, especialy since they come from the man who friggin invented the modern day zombie movie. I'm telling you, he did not enter this generation ready like he did with the 70s and 80s. Man, I hope Survival of the Dead is at least somewhat decent.

@SaintChaos: Ehh, though I'm well aware of the era, I'm not a big fan of 50s horror...I'd say the mid-late 60s and beyond is where it's at. That being said, I do love me some reeeeeally old classics, like the original Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Tarantula, which is a 50s horror movie.

Could not get into daywatch.

My favorite cannibal film is Cannibal Holocaust, also an italian film. Pretty brutal stuff. Not for those who don't like real animal slayings.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:35 pm
Bio- Although I'm more of a Wesker fan than I'll ever be a Leon fan, your comment about casting Van Diesel as Leon made me crack up xD I almost laughed out loud in our computer lab. We're having our lunch break as I speak. I'm really glad they picked a different actor for Wesker though. Excuse the fangirlism here, but Shawn Roberts is a lot hotter looking xD

Bram Stoker's Dracula huh? ohhhhhhhh sweet! Anythony Hopkins? God I love that actor. Keanu Reeves isn't so bad either. Maybe I'll give that one a rent. smile You've guys convinced me now though. I'll give Zombieland a look. I'll convince dad to take me xD

Labyrinthian- Ah okay. Yeah I'm not that huge on 50's movies, but there are those small exceptions. Twilight Zone defintiely being one of them. 80's definitely had its moments though. Like Hellraiser. Oh my god I love the Hellraiser movies. Oh wait...that's 90's isnt' it? I like the Freddy Cougar movies, but couldn't get into the Halloween or Scary movies. They just kinda bore me. Not sure why....hmm. However the comedic rendtions of "Scary Movie" god I love those. At least up until the 4th one. Kinda lost its touch after that. Trying to think of some other non listed horror flicks I happened upon.......OH OH! Misery. About a famous author of some book who has a car accident and is taken in by some woman who is obsessed with his books. Its very disturbing.

And excuse me while I put titles of movies in bold. I think it just makes it easier to read, at least for me. My mind is jumping all over the place. I Know What You Did Last Summer was surpringly good considering its another one of those teeny bopper serial killer flicks. Sequels suck as they normally do, but I thought it was pretty decent. Back on the movie, Misery, there's a japanese film called Audition and its sorta played on the same idea and its just........disturbing to watch. What makes both those movies disturbing is because that sort of thing could happen in real life, which makes it more....I guess surreal? Neither of them are a gore fest, but it has its delicious moments so give those two a rent. I warn you about Audition though, it takes FOREVER to get going in the beginning, but don't let that deter you from finishing it. How do you guys feel about the Saw movies?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm
SaintChaos
Bio- Although I'm more of a Wesker fan than I'll ever be a Leon fan, your comment about casting Van Diesel as Leon made me crack up xD I almost laughed out loud in our computer lab. We're having our lunch break as I speak. I'm really glad they picked a different actor for Wesker though. Excuse the fangirlism here, but Shawn Roberts is a lot hotter looking xD

Bram Stoker's Dracula huh? ohhhhhhhh sweet! Anythony Hopkins? God I love that actor. Keanu Reeves isn't so bad either. Maybe I'll give that one a rent. smile You've guys convinced me now though. I'll give Zombieland a look. I'll convince dad to take me xD

Labyrinthian- Ah okay. Yeah I'm not that huge on 50's movies, but there are those small exceptions. Twilight Zone defintiely being one of them. 80's definitely had its moments though. Like Hellraiser. Oh my god I love the Hellraiser movies. Oh wait...that's 90's isnt' it? I like the Freddy Cougar movies, but couldn't get into the Halloween or Scary movies. They just kinda bore me. Not sure why....hmm. However the comedic rendtions of "Scary Movie" god I love those. At least up until the 4th one. Kinda lost its touch after that. Trying to think of some other non listed horror flicks I happened upon.......OH OH! Misery. About a famous author of some book who has a car accident and is taken in by some woman who is obsessed with his books. Its very disturbing.

And excuse me while I put titles of movies in bold. I think it just makes it easier to read, at least for me. My mind is jumping all over the place. I Know What You Did Last Summer was surpringly good considering its another one of those teeny bopper serial killer flicks. Sequels suck as they normally do, but I thought it was pretty decent. Back on the movie, Misery, there's a japanese film called Audition and its sorta played on the same idea and its just........disturbing to watch. What makes both those movies disturbing is because that sort of thing could happen in real life, which makes it more....I guess surreal? Neither of them are a gore fest, but it has its delicious moments so give those two a rent. I warn you about Audition though, it takes FOREVER to get going in the beginning, but don't let that deter you from finishing it. How do you guys feel about the Saw movies?

Appearently, you do not like the Freddy Kruger movies enough...I'll let you slide this time though, ha ha. No, the first Hellraiser movie came out in 87. And I think the 80s had EVERY moment, to tell the truth. One of the best generations for horror, IMO. Yes, the 70s and 80s where the best times for horror. The 90s sort of sucked (It was the hansen era), and the 2000s aren't doing much better, but each decade has offered many great movies as well as shitty ones. It's just, nothing beats the Slasher hayday. Such a fun time for horror.

Misery is terrific. Love Kathy Bates as a crazy b***h.

The first Saw was amazing. The rest...Ehh...

But, I'm super glad that our generation has our own yearly series to claim, like the 80s had Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm St.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 pm
@Lab: Well, did you see Night Watch? Cause watching Day Watch without seeing Night Watch is kinda like watching Empire Strikes Back without seeing A New Hope.

I had no problems with Land of the Dead. It wasn't scary, per se, but it had some great Zombie effects, and I like the darker post apocalyptic setting.

I never got into Saw. It just didn't draw me in. Maybe if I catch it on TV I'll give it a watch.

And the proper spelling is Krueger. You forgot the first E. But I'll let it slide this time.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:05 pm
Freddy Couger. xd

Well, Misery is a classic. It's based off of a Stephen King story. However, I find that a lot of King's best s**t is his non-horror stuff. Like Stand By Me (based off The Body) and Shawshank Redemption. One of the coolest little movies I've seen based off King's work was the adaptation of Battleground. It's a silent film (no dialogue) starring William Hurt. And it's a testiment to his great acting skills. Even with no dialogue, he pulls off a cool character. He plays a hitman who has a deadly encounter with... well, you'll see. Here's an awesome clip from it: (Click) Watch it. Then watch the whole thing. They got the whole film on Youtube. The ending is awesome. It's such a cool little movie.

And speaking of 70s horror, the original Halloween is awesome. It is a masterpiece, and one of the creepiest films ever created. Another one of the creepiest little films I've ever seen was also produced in the 70s, and is also on Youtube now. It's called Satan's Triangle, and it also has an awesome ending. Watch it.

The original Saw was decent. Not great. And the sequels just kept getting worse, and there's too many now.

Well, that's all I got. I'm off to Florida. See you dudes later.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... Do you mean Shawn Roberts?

And see, Canas? SaintChaos also mistook 3D for CGI, so I wasn't the only one with a blonde moment there.

Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up until I know for sure.

As a matter of fact, Bio, I did mean Shawn Roberts. I was watching something on TV while typing that and it was an S.E. Johnson, a family company commercial. Whoops. xd

Anderson said that it's 3D, not CGI. Using 3D glasses, so, it's still live-action. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
@Lab: Well, did you see Night Watch? Cause watching Day Watch without seeing Night Watch is kinda like watching Empire Strikes Back without seeing A New Hope.

I had no problems with Land of the Dead. It wasn't scary, per se, but it had some great Zombie effects, and I like the darker post apocalyptic setting.

I never got into Saw. It just didn't draw me in. Maybe if I catch it on TV I'll give it a watch.

And the proper spelling is Krueger. You forgot the first E. But I'll let it slide this time.

Damn. I was trying to catch you. Don't think for one second I would accidently misspell Freddy's last name. I would commit suicide if I ever did that. That being said, it was a test, to see if anyone would notice...

Did...Did you fall for that excuse?

Dammit Bio! F*** you, tossing a phrase back at me! Hmmph! I'm going to the corner and cutting myself or something...

...But at least it's not as bad as cougar (No offence Saint)...Or is it for a true fan? I mean, I own the box set, ********, I even own a signed copy of the first movie from Freddy himself, but yet...How could I? Great, now I do have to grieve...There is no sliding for this.

p.s. I'm really sorry Freddy. I have forsaken you. I will commit hari kari in my dreams tonight.

@TheeStranger: See ya! Try to get some sweet poon!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:26 pm
isn't it called commiting sepukku? The suicide ritual in Japanese.  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:42 pm
Alkaizer87
isn't it called commiting sepukku? The suicide ritual in Japanese.

i dunno. I'm just going off of Mortal Kombat ha ha.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm
The Labyrinthian
Damn. I was trying to catch you. Don't think for one second I would accidently misspell Freddy's last name. I would commit suicide if I ever did that. That being said, it was a test, to see if anyone would notice...

Did...Did you fall for that excuse?

Dammit Bio! F*** you, tossing a phrase back at me! Hmmph! I'm going to the corner and cutting myself or something...

...But at least it's not as bad as cougar (No offence Saint)...Or is it for a true fan? I mean, I own the box set, ********, I even own a signed copy of the first movie from Freddy himself, but yet...How could I? Great, now I do have to grieve...There is no sliding for this.

p.s. I'm really sorry Freddy. I have forsaken you. I will commit hari kari in my dreams tonight.

@TheeStranger: See ya! Try to get some sweet poon!
Well, you have one up on me with that autograph. But my first time watching Nightmare on Elm Street was when I was no more than 2 years old, and I still remember it. Can you say that?

Oh, and for the record, in Mortal Kombat it's Hara Kiri, not Hari Kari. But I'll let it slide this time.

You might be thinking of the Metal Gear Solid 2 quote, "I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kari Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

I dunno which way is the right way. My whole life I've been told it's Hara Kiri, but then MGS IS a Japanese game, so I dunno. But either way, you were clearly referring to Mortal Kombat, which has it as Hara Kiri. So there!

Also, isn't florida full of old people? What kind of poon are YOU talkin about? o.O

By the way, I know I said I don't really care for multiplayer, but since I can't freakin wait until Uncharted 2 comes out, I downloaded and have been playing the multilayer demo. And I love it, and I'm awesome at it. So if anyone wants to play, my PSN name is: Biohazard EX
I won't be on gaia during the day, but you can add me to your PSN friend list, and we'll communicate like that. And kick some a** Uncharted style.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 am
Thee Stranger
Freddy Couger. xd

Well, Misery is a classic. It's based off of a Stephen King story. However, I find that a lot of King's best s**t is his non-horror stuff. Like Stand By Me (based off The Body) and Shawshank Redemption. One of the coolest little movies I've seen based off King's work was the adaptation of Battleground. It's a silent film (no dialogue) starring William Hurt. And it's a testiment to his great acting skills. Even with no dialogue, he pulls off a cool character. He plays a hitman who has a deadly encounter with... well, you'll see. Here's an awesome clip from it: (Click) Watch it. Then watch the whole thing. They got the whole film on Youtube. The ending is awesome. It's such a cool little movie.

And speaking of 70s horror, the original Halloween is awesome. It is a masterpiece, and one of the creepiest films ever created. Another one of the creepiest little films I've ever seen was also produced in the 70s, and is also on Youtube now. It's called Satan's Triangle, and it also has an awesome ending. Watch it.

The original Saw was decent. Not great. And the sequels just kept getting worse, and there's too many now.

Well, that's all I got. I'm off to Florida. See you dudes later.

I saw Halloween for the first time when AMC aired it recently. I liked the very beginning, but after that not so much. It's very overrated to me... confused

I liked the first Saw movie more. It was interesting.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:20 am
The Labyrinthian
SaintChaos

Appearently, you do not like the Freddy Kruger movies enough...I'll let you slide this time though, ha ha. No, the first Hellraiser movie came out in 87. And I think the 80s had EVERY moment, to tell the truth. One of the best generations for horror, IMO. Yes, the 70s and 80s where the best times for horror. The 90s sort of sucked (It was the hansen era), and the 2000s aren't doing much better, but each decade has offered many great movies as well as shitty ones. It's just, nothing beats the Slasher hayday. Such a fun time for horror.

Misery is terrific. Love Kathy Bates as a crazy b***h.

The first Saw was amazing. The rest...Ehh...

But, I'm super glad that our generation has our own yearly series to claim, like the 80s had Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm St.

hahahah oh WOW I completely botched the spelling Krueger.....oops. So sue me I'm not a morning person xD I was just writing everything that came to mind, but god I like it a hell of a lot better than most other 80's-90's horror flicks. Krueger's a fun guy. I mean I love when they start singing "1.....2... Freddy's coming for you.....3....4....lock your door." That's gotta be one of the most classic lines. And what's more amusing then a serial killer that can enter your dreams? I'm a huge lover if anything with dreams so maybe thats why I caught onto it so quickly. But its been so many years since I watch Nightmare on Elm's Street. Maybe I'll go rent them again sometime and refresh my memory. Good ol Freddy....he can keep you amused....but Jason? Just reminds me of the chainsaw massacre. Just some serial killer that runs around with a big weapon and tries to kill you. Freddy had a whole nother thing going. so...*shrugs* I don't know.

Ever seen the original Amityville Horror? The remake of it today is fairly decent and definitely more scary, but what I love about the original is that.....came out in the 70's right? But it had a really good "disturb" factor. Especially the moment with the red glowing eyes in the window when the mother looks up, or when the Priest is there and you hear the dark "get out" voice. Another one of my favorites. Come to think of it, my favorites kind of bounce all over the place. Most of the time I'll love it, but most of the time I also won't.

So you got me curious Labyrinthian, what don't you like about the other Saw movies? Though I admit I didn't particularly care for the second one, loved the third one, fourth was interesting, but anything after that isn't necessary. They don't need to keep going.

Stranger- Misery is a Stephen King novel? o.o well ******** I didn't know that. O_o haha that's cool. I don't like all of King's stories, but there are some interesting ones out there. The Shining being one of the most classic ones aside from It. I always got bored with The Shinning for years that is UNTIL one day a friend of mine, whom had watched it over 10 times and finally got it, he explained what was going on, to me, and after he explained it, it just all made sense and now I can enjoy it xD hahah herp de derp. I'm not afraid of clowns, I love them, so It just didn't do it for me. Anyway good luck in Florida!

Sorry, just adding comments as I go down the page. And Labyrinthian, no offense taken XD after seeing the proper spelling for Krueger, it made laugh as I'm sure everyone else got a good laugh.

And yes the japanese tradition of suicide with a knife to the gut is Sepukku. I know this because I studied the language for 3 years. But I've forgotten a s**t load since then cuz I rarely ever use the language anymore lol. And Mortal Kombat for the WIN! Been a fan of it since I was a kid.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:03 am
just going to add a little tid bit here. remember when i mentioned i was doing wesker's S.T.A.R.S. outfit? well i finally posted some test shots of what i have so far of the costume.

Posing with the Gun

Portrait Shot

I can't wait to finish this b***h and start parading around town pretending to be a cop xD lol just kidding. But I swear to god his whole outfit will make me look like a cop O_o hahah  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games