Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Andor
Giang Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 pm
"I have to give him this much credit, he's quite skilled at weaving saidin," Kiae thought, having found Melthin easily and stood watching him for a few moments before shaking her head. "Unfortunately, he's wasting quite a bit of energy in one go."

She knew the techniques of weaving saidin and saidar were polar opposites, something she had never quite understood. After the cleansing, it should be easier for men to control their half, and yet so many burned out or caused some explosion or other. "Maybe it's the fact that men still try to control it. Rather than work with it, they try to bend it to their will," she thought.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:46 am
He again wove the weave on the marionette, this time testing its flexibility. He frowned as he saw it straining under the weave to get into the pose he was weaving. "I see. I will have to make them with special hinges so that the joints can move freely every direction." As he continued, he turned away from the doll and looked about his surroundings. In a way, he knew she had been watching him. It had the hair on the back of his neck at ends. He saw her and he smiled with an evil grin, stopping the marionette's training. Having it walk beside him, he adjusted his glasses and spoke. "And what brings you out here? Come in hopes to watch me fail somehow?"  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 pm
"Quite the opposite. I wanted to see how you were going to use them," she replied calmly, meeting his gaze with a practiced one of her own. "Besides, it was getting too boring sitting in there with Rowiyl. He can be quite annoying when he puts his mind to it," she added with a faint smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:39 am
"Any way I can obviously. Information gathering, assassination, you name it. I just need to make my own. And with better hinges. Master Rowiyl is indeed a grand craftsman yet his work doesn't quite fulfill my research. Which reminds me," He said, glancing back at the marionette and weaving it to move a few feet away from him. "I am going to try something that I dared not try on a corpse. I do not know what will happen so please be cautious of the puppet. If need be, destroy it. Do you understand?"  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:35 pm
"That depends on what you want to try," Kiae replied, narrowing her eyes a bit. "I would certainly destroy the marionette, however much it would pain Rowiyl. Whether or not I would destroy you afterward would remain to be seen."
She had no qualms about how Melthin was going to use the puppets - she was hardly above reproach in her own methods lately anyway. But some things she wouldn't put up with, especially from such a man as he was.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:30 pm
Melthin was now staring at her with a look of disappointment. He put two fingers on the bridge of his nose and just shook his head at her statement. "I am going to try and tie the weave off. I just want you to destroy it in the chance that it starts rampaging. Perhaps next time you should ponder what I'm going to try before speaking. We could have saved a good amount of time with a simple 'yes' or 'alright'." He turned back to the marionette and pondered the outcome himself. If it could still take orders and move of its own after being tied off, this could be a giant breakthrough. The most it will probably do is stumble forward and collapse. Although I'll need her just in case it does turn hostile.  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 pm
She narrowed her eyes in a glare and merely crossed her arms, waiting for what the man would do. "We'll see where his arrogance gets him," she thought, not really caring one way or the other if it all worked at this point.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 am
He released the weave and turned again back to the marionette, casting the simpler weave with both hands. Once control was maintained, he slowly tied it of and watched. The marionette somewhat stumbled forward and fell, no longer moving. "To be expected from the lesser weave. Now use the greater." He wove again with his stronger one handed weave, tying it off with a little more effort then he had used in the first attempt. Once finished he stepped back and looked at the standing marionette. "Well standing is better then falling. Perhaps in this stage it goes by commands." Shortly after speaking, he took out his small quill and ink pot along with another sheet of parchment. Looking back to the marionette, he wrote down a few things and then decided to test his theory.

"Walk." The marionette stood motionless. "Must I speak it in the old tongue?" He stared at it for a moment and then decided to use other words that might do the job. "Run. Forward. Toward. Move." Still the marionette stood in place. Melthin wrote on the parchment and folded it back up, placing the quill and ink in his pocket along with it. "Well that was rather disappointing. Perhaps next time I will just forgo the attempt if I get results like this. Completely useless." He walked over to the marionette for the final time that night and dispelled the tied weave, letting the puppet collapse so that he could carry her back to the Tinker.  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:59 pm
Kiae frowned, concentrating on what the man was doing to the puppets. "That was disappointing," she remarked, eying them thoughtfully. Circling the fallen marionette, she remained silent for a few moments before shaking her head.

"Weaves work on inanimate objects, I've used them plenty of times," she murmured. "I wonder why commands won't move them. Maybe it has something to do with the weave itself, rather than the puppet..."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:32 am
Melthin looked over to Kiae and back to the marionette. His eyes soon were on the ground as his mind began to twirl like a madman and his smile almost reflected his thoughts. Two fingers came up to stop his glasses from falling to the ground, the moonlight catching them in its glare. "Kiae, you might be a genius. Follow my train of thought on this if you can. Have you ever once woven a weave only to look at it and feel that there were holes in it, places that should be filled with something? Yet you do not what the something is, correct?" As he spoke he wove again at the marionette, having it crawl and stand in front of him. He took a step back and continued to weave, staring at the puppet as if he was seeing something in a very new light.

"In a weave like this, there are three of those said 'holes' that I have always pondered what they would pertain to. What if by some gift, the power shows us ways to alter and add to weaves we already know. Thus changing the properties and abilities of the weave and changing its use entirely. This in turn could be said about the Wheel. Taveren being the main pieces that fill the empty gaps, thus changing the Wheel's predestined weave into something new and undetermined. I believe that I have not really been 'Looking' at this weave until just now." As he spoke his mind's view, he wove oddly on the puppet, the puppet itself twitching slightly from the new parts in the weave he was adding. "Perhaps the same could be said about saidin and saidar. Polar opposites that need channeler's such as us to unite them into their true glory. Yet that is merely speculation and my opinionated rambling."

((Yay I have paragraphs lined up! I can do so much when he's in this inspired state of mind. XD))  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:48 pm
Kiae considered what he said for a long moment, chin in her hand as she stared blankly in the direction of the marionette, not really seeing it. "Are you suggesting that the holes in your saidin weave need to be filled by saidar properties?" she asked finally, considering the implications of doing such a thing.

True, men and women could link together in a Circle to compose a powerful weave, but that was only in desperate times. To try such a thing for something like this - something far less powerful and desperate - would be risky to both of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 am
"On the contrary. I believe that what every age after the age of legends lacked was this key fundamental piece of knowledge. Change is ever present in both the Wheel and in the Power. We became to locked into knowing the weaves that were passed down that we never thought about changing them and altering them in mid-stride to create something new. In short we lack the boldness to toy with the power and learn from it. The only one's who truly seem to follow my example are the browns, commendable women they are. They explore things forbidden and touch subjects most would find horrid." He continued to weave and smile wickedly, his elation into his newest discovery giving him the qualities of seeming to be half mad. Yet half mad, he was not.

"Perhaps after this you shall pass on my findings to the sisters lest they be left in the dust to wither away while the newer darkfriends surface and terrorize the world." He stopped and tied his weave, setting down a piece of paper and then walking away from it. "Perhaps I should write this down before my train of thought leads me away from it. Anette, my paper if you will." No sooner had he stopped speaking, the puppet had walked over and picked up the page on the ground, setting it into his hand. "Thank you. Now that I have finished this task, I shall go about building my tools. I can't use this effectively without them. Come Anette, your services are still needed." He shook his head slightly as he tried to dispel his grin. "I sometimes amaze myself with what I do. I wonder what I will accomplish next?  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 pm
The Aes Sedai stared after him, her jaw slightly open from what had just escaped his mouth. "Changing weaves - Light forbid he begins experimenting on such volatile tools so close to people," she thought, shaking her head. Kiae herself had experimented with weaves during her years, even before becoming a Yellow, something Melthin had not given her the opportunity to share. But saidar was much more dangerous, even in the hands of a skilled Asha'man...

"If he had not been so self-absorbed in his thought process, I might have been able to suggest a compromise," she thought in dry amusement, forced to admit working with such a man would be interesting. The benefits might well outweigh the dangers, in her opinion.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:42 am
Noticing that footsteps were following him and his newly aquainted tool, He turned and gestured Kiae to follow. "Coming? I want to gather a few things and I could use another pair of hands helping." He turned back and went back to walking towards the encampment, not really looking to see if she was going to follow or not. Its time to start building my masterpieces. Perhaps I can frighten that Rowiyl in the process. But before that, I think I shall put my new toy to the test. I will help me decide what to change in my sketches. "Oh, but before that." He pushed up his glasses and turned abruptly, making a grand gesture with his traveling cloak. "I wish to fight with you. Do you accept? It would be a way to rid you of all the hatred about what I used to do and may still do, depending on the circumstances."  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 pm
"Oh, an Aes Sedai has a long memory, Melthin, never forget that," she replied with a wry face, deciding to move to face him. "But unlike some, I have a mind that can be changed, hard though it can be. If you continue on this path, there may be hope," she decided, and nodded towards him. "As an Aes Sedai, and since you are a Warder, I accept your offer gladly."

She paused as they resumed their walk, thinking her words through before saying anything. "But remember, as a Sister I don't help with chores," she added lightly, having no inclination to help him gather tools. "However, I can help with other things. What you were saying before, experimenting on weaves...I have done the same thing in the past, with little success. It may be beneficial for us to pool our resources for this project."  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games