Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fox Frenzi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:26 am
Biohazard EXTREME
No, no, no.. Hell no... The LAST thing I wanna see in RE5 is the merchant. Seriously, Resident Evil is not an RPG, weapons should not be upgraded to unrealistic properties. Nor should some retard in a creepy coat have a stock of weapons as quoted by RE4 "Enough to start a small war."
Resident Evil should go back there it belongs: Survival Horror, and stay away from action/RPGs.

No merchant in RE5!
Now of course if it was a midget who was half dead and you could kick it at people...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:12 am
Like Ash's sidekick in that awesome Evil Dead game.  

Deadpool615

Vankala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:21 am
Deadpool615
Like Ash's sidekick in that awesome Evil Dead game.

Lol, yea. That was fun. Though that kind of thing doesn't belong in the RE series...but then again...neither does the merchant but that didn't stop Capcom from putting him in there. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:28 am
I liked the merchant, but the only thing that pissed me off about him was the fact that he didn't grabs one of his damn guns and jump into the action. Now THAT would have been hilarious. He could just run around saying "Wottaya buyin'?" while gunning down Gannados.  

Deadpool615

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:05 pm
The game was easy as it was without the merchant. Just upgrading heavier firepower really was an insult to the hardcore fans of the series.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:12 pm
Oh I hated the idea of upgrading. It was stupid, but I see where they were going with it. They were just trying to incorporate new things into the game, but that old saying sort of applies "If it aint broke dont fix it." I did like the story and camera style. The controls were a breath of fresh air too. I just think that random arms merchants standing in the craziet places were hilarious. I mean, if you go on wikipedia and read the plans that they had for RE 4 before this one, then even those who hated it most would be happy how it turned out.  

Deadpool615

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:10 pm
Story was s**t. But I said that already. And just the whole idea of the merchant... I mean... It's not the Merchant I hated, it's the Merchant system. "Oh, I killed a crow... And it dropped MONEY! Now I'll use that MONEY which apparently comes in coins and I still carry millions of it... And I'll use it to shop!"
It's called an RPG. If I wanted to play an RPG, with some pretty boy with a jacket with a fur collar who calls himself Leon, I'd play Final Fantasy VIII.
I bought RE4 and kinda hoped that, if the previous games should be any reference... I dunno... SURVIVAL HORROR.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:17 am
Y'know what I think is funny? The fact that the very first RE 4 project got some pallette color swaps and a few minor graphical changes and became a game we love to call Devil May Cry...  

Deadpool615

Faerie-KK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:29 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Story was s**t. But I said that already. And just the whole idea of the merchant... I mean... It's not the Merchant I hated, it's the Merchant system. "Oh, I killed a crow... And it dropped MONEY! Now I'll use that MONEY which apparently comes in coins and I still carry millions of it... And I'll use it to shop!"
It's called an RPG. If I wanted to play an RPG, with some pretty boy with a jacket with a fur collar who calls himself Leon, I'd play Final Fantasy VIII.
I bought RE4 and kinda hoped that, if the previous games should be any reference... I dunno... SURVIVAL HORROR.

That is the reason I have never actually played RE4. I've sat around and watched my friends play it, and I've played for a few minutes myself, but with no real dedication.

I seriously felt the whole time that I was watching Final Fantasy VIII with Crimson Head Knock-Offs from a foreign country.... I just was not drawn to it at all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Mehh, the only RPG element of that game was the gun upgrading. People who are comparing it to Final Fantasy and what not are over reacting. And besides that, Leon didn't even keep the jacket so those of you comparing him to Squall are also over reacting.  

Deadpool615

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:19 pm
Well, at least Chris isn't wearing some pretty boy jacket that would only be worn by anime fanboys.
And yes, 'gun upgrading' is the only part about RE4 that was like an RPG, but gun upgrading comes with:
Gun upgrading
Shopping
Enemies dropping money
Weapons with stupid names

That's 4.

Add a lava pit with fire breathing concrete dragons, not to mention castles... It's an RPG. The only thing it's missing is an airship.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:15 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, at least Chris isn't wearing some pretty boy jacket that would only be worn by anime fanboys.
And yes, 'gun upgrading' is the only part about RE4 that was like an RPG, but gun upgrading comes with:
Gun upgrading
Shopping
Enemies dropping money
Weapons with stupid names

That's 4.

Add a lava pit with fire breathing concrete dragons, not to mention castles... It's an RPG. The only thing it's missing is an airship.

Who's to say there wasn't an airship, that we just didn't see fly? I mean it's RE4, anything is apparently possible in that game.  

Elliot Salem

Deadpool615

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:53 pm
a bomber jacket isn't for anime fanboys. I cant stand anime and I have one. To be honest, It's warm in the winter and really comfortable, not to mention it looks nice hahaha. I just don't think its such a big deal. I mean, gun upgrading isn't a nessecity. You can make it just fine without it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 pm
Deadpool615
a bomber jacket isn't for anime fanboys. I cant stand anime and I have one. To be honest, It's warm in the winter and really comfortable, not to mention it looks nice hahaha. I just don't think its such a big deal. I mean, gun upgrading isn't a nessecity. You can make it just fine without it.

What I think he means, is for Final Fantasy Fanboys.  

Elliot Salem

Deadpool615

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:14 pm
It doesn't make any differance though. Sure I like FF, but I'm about as far from a fanboy as possible too. I don't think you should be labeled for something so miniscule.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games