Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Wi-Fi Connection
Ye Olde MASTER Pokemon gym thread. dun make n e mor. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:53 am
yeah, i need to train myself a tank next, my current trainee is almost done, and he beat an elite four pokemon 19 levels above him... ONE HIT! so yeah i get the feeling i got lucky and got IV's AND EV's in the places i want them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:11 pm
Zetshimaru
Rad Electropow
-blows dust off of ds-

-goes back to playing WoW-

-Level of respect drops-

Pssh. It's not my fault no one ever challenges us. I have to keep my attention on SOMETHING.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:31 pm
Rad Electropow
Zetshimaru
Rad Electropow
-blows dust off of ds-

-goes back to playing WoW-

-Level of respect drops-

Pssh. It's not my fault no one ever challenges us. I have to keep my attention on SOMETHING.

But WoW, that game is so over rated it makes me sick.

@LPS - you could just give them a choice scarf or choice specs. I have a glass cannon type pokemon (Sven) and with choice band I don't really have to worry about him getting hit, because the other pokemon dies (well most of the time) xp You have to watch out for focus sashes this way though, stealth rock is a good option to rid yourself of that weakness.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:01 pm
well, my current project is almost to level 50, though i wish i could accurately calculate it's EV's... I used the IV calculator to try and figure it out, but according to it I have an impossible number of EV points in speed, the most it thinks it could go up to at this point would be 101, its at 103...  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:07 pm
~Xiloscent~
well, my current project is almost to level 50, though i wish i could accurately calculate it's EV's... I used the IV calculator to try and figure it out, but according to it I have an impossible number of EV points in speed, the most it thinks it could go up to at this point would be 101, its at 103...

Sorry there is no way to find your evs if you don't know your ivs

you do know there is a limit to the amount of evs a pokemon can have right?

508 is the maxium total number of EVs a pokemon can have 254 is the max EVs a pokemon can have in one stat.

with out knowing the pokemon, it's stats, and nature I can't help you though. Even if I knew these though the best I could do is guess what it's IVs are by saying you raise the EVs in the one stat to the max.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:44 pm
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

508 is the maxium total number of EVs a pokemon can have 254 is the max EVs a pokemon can have in one stat.

with out knowing the pokemon, it's stats, and nature I can't help you though. Even if I knew these though the best I could do is guess what it's IVs are by saying you raise the EVs in the one stat to the max.
well i sorta put in the stats i had, and its nature and all the stuff you'd know from looking at it, then calculated the IV's, then the stats weren't matched i figured I'd add up EV's until it did... but even then it won't rais a stat any higher when i Put 74 in a box, i'm sure you can't have more than 75 EV's in one stat, and the max EV's is 255.  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:41 pm
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

well i sorta put in the stats i had, and its nature and all the stuff you'd know from looking at it, then calculated the IV's, then the stats weren't matched i figured I'd add up EV's until it did... but even then it won't rais a stat any higher when i Put 74 in a box, i'm sure you can't have more than 75 EV's in one stat, and the max EV's is 255.

The maxium one stat can have is 254 and you can only max two stats for a grand total of 508. Since EVs work in groups of four (adding one point to the stat) there is no need to put more then 252 in one stat. Doing this lets you add 4 points to a third stat also which doesn't really help but it is better then nothing.

Don't even try to tell me I'm wrong stare I know how to train a pokemon scream  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 pm
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

The maxium one stat can have is 254 and you can only max two stats for a grand total of 508. Since EVs work in groups of four (adding one point to the stat) there is no need to put more then 252 in one stat. Doing this lets you add 4 points to a third stat also which doesn't really help but it is better then nothing.

then why does your calculator stop adding up EV's after 74?  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:55 pm
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

It doesn't stop at 74... I use it all the time (and I use 252 as my EVs a lot) I think you maybe mixing the EVs and IVs part because IVs in game can't go above 31 but the calulator should figure out what number would be needed to match the stat with the IV even if it means it has to be higher then 31 stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:10 am
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

It doesn't stop at 74... I use it all the time (and I use 252 as my EVs a lot) I think you maybe mixing the EVs and IVs part because IVs in game can't go above 31 but the calulator should figure out what number would be needed to match the stat with the IV even if it means it has to be higher then 31 stare
so wait, I've already eV trained my pokemon, does that mean it's IV's will be inaccurate since I don't know its EV's? cause i used my level 100 metagross as a test to see this thing work, and i had 31 IVS in almost every stat, and the one it didn't was at 30!  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:49 am
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

so wait, I've already eV trained my pokemon, does that mean it's IV's will be inaccurate since I don't know its EV's? cause i used my level 100 metagross as a test to see this thing work, and i had 31 IVS in almost every stat, and the one it didn't was at 30!

Yep that is what it means. EVs play a big part in stats, and if you don't know them you will never know what it's IVs are.

Also sorry for beening so upset last night, I had a few things happen in real life and online that mad me upset. It wasn't you I was mad at.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:11 pm
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~

Yep that is what it means. EVs play a big part in stats, and if you don't know them you will never know what it's IVs are.

Also sorry for beening so upset last night, I had a few things happen in real life and online that mad me upset. It wasn't you I was mad at.
I figured, we all have something bug us and then it follows us all day.  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:50 pm
Xilo, Zet noticed something. Zet has no idea if Xilo has any battle pokemon other then Xilo's gym ones. Zet knows Rad and Pho have different pokemon. And Zet is sure Food does, because Food's gym lets Food make all kinds of pokemon.

So basicaly Zet's point is Zet wants to battle Xilo when Xilo is outside Xilo's gym.

Zet would really like it if it was a 6 on 6 match, no ubers, singles or doubles.

Will Xilo battle with Zet, over the weekend or some other time?

(Yay, talking in third person, which Zet kind of didn't all day without knowing sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:54 am
Zetshimaru
Xilo, Zet noticed something. Zet has no idea if Xilo has any battle pokemon other then Xilo's gym ones. Zet knows Rad and Pho have different pokemon. And Zet is sure Food does, because Food's gym lets Food make all kinds of pokemon.

So basicaly Zet's point is Zet wants to battle Xilo when Xilo is outside Xilo's gym.

Zet would really like it if it was a 6 on 6 match, no ubers, singles or doubles.

(Yay, talking in third person, which Zet kind of didn't all day without knowing sweatdrop )

yeah sure, i'll have to gather up the 6 I think will pwn you, some are still on my emerald (I started over for mudkipz) also I relised some of my new gym pokemon were on emerald too.  

Xilo The Odd

What the Pho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:47 pm
Zetshimaru

That should be a good match. And I have more different kinds of pokemon that are high level, but I don't know how to utilize them well, Lulz.

Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games