Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Ha ha, Observe and Report was wacky.

I've been having a Freddy Krueger marathon, since I just purchased all eight movies for 25 bucks. It's in prepartion for the remake, of course. I'm on movie 4 right now. Dream Warriors is like the best threequel ever. Well, to a slasher film, at least.

@Bio: Well, I don't think a three million dollar marketing campaign should factor in to game reviews (Does it? I've never noticed if so...). It's all about the product, and appearently, Uncharted 2 is the s**t, so generally, universal reviews are usually right. Unlike when you have two magazines that have conflicting scores...Then it's just opinionated.

Reviews are all just individual or collected opinions...I read them not to convince me, but to give me more insight into what I would think about a game from all the details a person(s) gives me. It's all about trying to find the right reviewer you oft share similar outlooks with. Not always accomplishable, but I find Game Informer to be the less bull shittiest, at least for me.

@Canas: Speaking of Zelda, rumor has it the debut trailer for the next Wii Zelda game will showcase at a big Nintendo gig this month. I really hope so. I want more then artsy morsels!

I know you worship the ground that OoT occupies, but do you have a top Zelda game list formulated? If so, may I see it. If anyone else has one, feel free to share as well...I like to analyze lists...See who I most agree with.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:13 pm

Well, while I haven't played GTA4, I can't imagine it deserving a perfect 10 score. But marketing creates hype. I mean even Metal Gear Solid 4, as much as I love it, I wouldn't give it a perfect 10. A 9.9 maybe... But a perfect 10...

And universal reviews might make a good estimate on what the general majority of gamers would say. But again, it has a lot of that mainstream (my definition) gamer mentality. So a lot of it is, like... You could have GTA4 get a perfect 10. But it probably would've gotten like, an 8 if not 7.5 if it didn't have multiplayer in it, you know what I mean?

A general review might say things like, "Rule of Rose has buggy combat system, 6 out of 10." And maybe the combat system isn't perfect, but combat isn't the point of the game. That's like... That's like getting Uncharted and saying, "It's crappy for a puzzle game." A lot of them miss the point. And miss the mark, in my opinion. I mean, they might be roughly in the ball park. But usually games with big budgets and lots of advertising get too high, and games with none of that get too low.

Like, look at Heavenly Sword (another game you should look into), what were their complaints? That it was too short? Frankly, heavenly sword is just about as long as the first God of War, and had more diverse gameplay than God of War... So why's GoW getting high 9s while games like Heavenly Sword gets a 7? You know what I mean?

I'm not like a huge Zelda fan. I only ever actually beat two Zelda games... OoT and Majora's Mask... But I love them both. And have them both on the Cube. But making a list out of the two would be pointless.

I did play a good chunk of Oracle of... Umm... one of them I can't remember which, and I thoroughly enjoyed that. If I actually owned the game, I might've even beaten it.

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:36 pm

@Chase: Well, I guess it only works on people you've actually talked to. xd
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Chase Me To The End

@Canas: Speaking of Zelda, rumor has it the debut trailer for the next Wii Zelda game will showcase at a big Nintendo gig this month. I really hope so. I want more then artsy morsels!

I know you worship the ground that OoT occupies, but do you have a top Zelda game list formulated? If so, may I see it. If anyone else has one, feel free to share as well...I like to analyze lists...See who I most agree with.

Game Informer had the first picture in one of the issues a while ago. Looks interesting... I want to see it a lot.

Top 5 Zelda games:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Wind Waker
5. Link's Awakening

I know, I know. "Zomg! Link to the Past is not on there! Blasphemer!" Well, it ranked so low because I can't freaking beat it. As in, I can't get to the second dungeon in the Dark World. I'm a shitty 2-D Zelda gamer. D:

And I don't get why people b***h and complain about Wind Waker. It's actually a really fun game. So what if it's cel-shaded? It's not like you'll magically turn 8 years old if you play it, so quit whining.

Also, new Mario game that is not New Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the works! Check it.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Really?? You can't get TO the 2nd dungeon? Or do you mean you can't get THROUGH the 2nd Dungeon? Whichever the case may be I can help if you want. PM me or you can ask me here, doesn't matter. ^^
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Canas Renvall

Game Informer had the first picture in one of the issues a while ago. Looks interesting... I want to see it a lot.

Top 5 Zelda games:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Wind Waker
5. Link's Awakening

I know, I know. "Zomg! Link to the Past is not on there! Blasphemer!" Well, it ranked so low because I can't freaking beat it. As in, I can't get to the second dungeon in the Dark World. I'm a shitty 2-D Zelda gamer. D:

And I don't get why people b***h and complain about Wind Waker. It's actually a really fun game. So what if it's cel-shaded? It's not like you'll magically turn 8 years old if you play it, so quit whining.

Also, new Mario game that is not New Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the works! Check it.
I don't think Cel Shading is the issue, I think it's the overall art direction. I mean, if Resident Evil visually turned into an Anime...
Well, if it did that, then people would only realize that narrative wise, and storytelling wise, it turned into an anime a long time ago. Bad example.

On another note... My ******** luck... With only my luck.... Do I buy a new Laptop, and it turns out to have a faulty mother board... EVERY damn piece of technology I buy ends up screwing up. WHY!? >.<
So I exchanged it for an HP. It was $50 more, but it has a better processor, and a bigger screen. So hopefully, this one's a keeper.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Canas Renvall
Chase Me To The End

Top 5 Zelda games:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Majora's Mask
3. Twilight Princess
4. The Wind Waker
5. Link's Awakening

Dude, don't worry. It's not blasphemy for me. I've never been a fan of the top-down view games. I especially don't like A Link to the Past. The only top down view games I've beaten in the series is Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons (Supposedly the shittier of the two). You're top 5 closely resembles mine, which is:

1. Twilight Princess
2. Majora's Mask
3. Ocarina of Time
4. The Wind Waker
5. Link's Awakening

I know they say Twilight Princess doesn't really bring anything new to the series, but it sure as hell improved on every aspect that has OoT so highly regarded (Except maybe the music isn't as memorable...Still great, though). And plus, it's the first Zelda game I've ever gotten emotionally involved with (Sorry Navi fans, but Midna is where it's at).

Majora's Mask is the first game I've ever hyped for. And it's darker tone (The darkest in the series) is very appealing to a horror fan like me.

Ocarina of Time is the one that started it all, and Wind Waker was the s**t! I don't care what anyone says. The sailing aspect was a little tedious for me, though.

Link's Awakening will probably only be on the list 'til the next Wii Zelda game comes out...Unless it absolutely, horribly sucks...Which I highly doubt.

Yeah, I heard Charles spilled the beans on that. I hope it's the next Paper Mario installment!

@Angela: Damn! Wait, I've talked to Bruce Campbell a couple of times...Hmm, but what are his summoning words? Of course!

Eh hem *Clears throat*

"Klaatu!...Verada!...Ni!-"

"Ohhh shiii..."
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:30 pm

It's gettign closer and clsoer to halloween and Angela already ahs a great avi costume...

Alkaizer87

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 pm

@Bio: That sucks, but it's cool that you got something better for only $50 more. Hope nothing goes wrong with that one...

@Chase: rofl

@Alkaizer: Thanks, but it's not that great. It's mostly Halloween items.

What are you all doing for Halloween this year? Anyone dressing up?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 pm

I'm dressing up... And scaring people... For money.... At the local amusement park.

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:39 am

dang it my stomach hurts so bad...#$%k I shouldn't have eaten that chicken... And I thought it would be ok if I ate the fruit after that...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:21 am

I'll just be partying. All night. To tell the truth, I'd rather be in Bio's position. I mean, you can party anytime you want, but Halloween only comes like, ten times a year (For horror fans who go to conventions lol).

Speaking of conventions, for the f*** of it, as I was standing three feet ahead of Stuart Gordon (The director of such horror classics as Re-Animator and Dolls) with my back facing him, I just randomly said (Very loudly so that he def heard) "What the f*** is Re-Animator?" I then walked ahead as both my friends covered thier faces. Later, they told me that when they looked back at him, he was shaking his head. Awesome.

This Saturday I'll be going to another convention with Mr. Robert Englund in attendance. If I get a good oppurtunity, I'm going to shout out to him "Look, it's Rorschach!" I love f***ing with my idols. Btw, if you don't get the Rorschach joke, the guy who played Rorschach is now starring as the new Freddy Krueger.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah, well, you gotta be nicely situated to go to all those conventions. There's only like, two conventions a year in my area. And one of them is exclusively Anime. The other one covers Anime, Comics, Horror and Sci-Fi, but still. That's just one. And yes I missed it this year, and yes, Bruce Campbell was there, and yes I did kick myself.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:23 pm

So ever have one of those days that just falls apart from the very beginning, and it only gets worse, but you're not sure to be super-pissed off or still excited because something awesome is happening the next day? Yeah, this is one of those days.

So, I get to school and the first thing that happens is both zippers on my backpack snap off. Joy. Not too bad though, I can always get another one. So I still go about my day, 'til third hour in Intro to Programming. I've been using my external terabyte HDD because my flash drive got severely owned. Thankfully, I backed it up literally minutes before the prong that goes into the USB port snapped off two months ago. Was trying to muster up enough money to get another one without my parents finding out (as I'd not even had it a year). So anyway, it's one that requires an outlet too, and the only one not being used was one that caused it to stretch across a path just an inch or two off the ground, hardly anything worth noting. One of the kids was like "Haha, I'm gonna trip over it!"

Guess the <********> what.

"Oh, well I tried to lift my foot!" Oh my ******** God, he did it on purpose, and I know it, and he knows I know it. I dunno what I did to provoke that, but now my hard drive won't work. It'll turn on just fine, but the computer won't recognize it. It clicks. I called my mom's cousin, a tech guru, and he said that could be one of two extremes.

A. Just replace the case on the actual hard drive. No problem.

B. I'm totally ******** screwed.

I have all my music, all my funny photos, all my school work for the past three years on there, all my emulators, all my movies, everything. If it ends up being bricked... Augh, I want to punch a ******** wall right now, I'm so pissed off. This is the third storage device in two years I've had get ******** over. I lost my first flash drive last year, as well as the terabyte HDD on Black Friday. Backed it up on the HDD, lost the flash drive. Got the one I have, migrated the old flash drive stuff onto it, saved more on it, backed it up, the prong falls off. Now this s**t. This is really just ******** great.

But tomorrow I get to go on a field trip to Stratford, Ontario for Brit Lit to see a professional performance of Macbeth, which is really sweet. So yeah, I'm happy, but I'm so pissed off at the same time. It'll be a ton of fun. Come to think of it, this problem can be dealt with when I return. Let tomorrow be awesome! biggrin

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:39 pm

I must say Canas is on the roll today, before I could go on a rant on how the thread should be contained, since there's alread a re5 thread he contained it before I could submit.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games