Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 pm
Unless you'e actively involved in the anime con scene, cosplaying by yourself will only make other people think you're wierd.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 pm
Rarely do people look good when cosplaying. Al though I did see this one girl dress as that naruto dude with a tattoo on his forehead - shaved her eyebrows and everything, looked good.  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 am
@Mini: No duh! xD

@cbc: Agreed. Cosplaying looks weird, though I'm sure dressing up and finding the materials are quite amusing. I wouldn't mind being given models and the task to dress them up as anime characters. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 pm
@ B&B: My models would end up wearing non-recognisable pieces of randomly dyed fabric sewn together. Seriously, I suck at textiles almost as much as I suck at ceramics (which is a lot). I prefer the pen/pencil to paper sort of art. Hmm... Maybe I'll just do the designs for the costumes, and let other people do the hard work xD
-employs random 6th former doing A-level art-
-6th former stares at me like I'm a weirdo-
Me: O.O -disappears-

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:49 am
Why is Liani so anti-Twilight? They're theoretically hot vampires!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:10 am

orz
What?
I'm planning to cosplay this year. ; 3;

pretends to have been here the whole time.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:47 am
*glomps Tosh*
How can we scold you for your absence when
a) you are God and
b) Niph hasn't done any better - and she's older! (What a poor example, Niph darling!)

What are you planning on cosplaying as?
I love your sig, btw. xD

Twilight? Oh, I did quite like the film, yup. But I've never read the books. If I had some freakin' spare time I probably would. But I have more important books to be reading, unfortunately.

Talking about films, there are so many I want to see, but so little time, meh. Slumdog Millionaire, The Reader, Milk, Frost/Nixon is a possibility, He's Just Not That Into You, etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:44 pm

ninja
yes.
focus your resentment on Niphy.

My friends and I are going as a Vocaloid group.
o wo

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 am
I'm going to join the period drama club in my uni! surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:06 am
O.O Tosh has returned.
Where is Niphy anyway? -looks around-

@ B&B: I want to watch Slumdog Millionaire as well! One of my friends as seen it and has given us a detailed lecture on how brilliant it is. It sounds quite funny xD

@ CBC: I have read all 4 books of Twilight and have come to the conclusion: TWILIGHT SUCKS.

-Copies and pastes twilight sucks essay from MS word-

REASONS TO HATE TWILIGHT:
-Mainly that the plot is horrifyingly uninteresting, un-creative and unrealistic. I know this is a fiction book, but it has to be realistic to a certain extent, or it just becomes predictable. There are way too many clichés (Edward saving Bella from a car- oldest cliché in the book). Let me tell you, clichés are NOT romantic, especially when you purchase the book looking for a good bit of action, as you have heard vampires are in it. The ending destroyed almost all my brain cells…

-Bella is the weakest main character in the world. She is supposed to be clever, but breaks down and worries for the smallest things, like Edward being late by a few minutes. She is described as a clumsy klutz, and yet still manages to become the most perfect vampire existing- no thirst for human blood, brilliant senses, beautiful, strong- It's so entirely unrealistic that I just wanted to puke…

-Stephenie Meyer + Action Scenes = Disaster. No further elaboration needed.

-Meyer's writing is amateur. Maybe she wasn't even expecting it to be published, but I can't see how it became an international best-seller with that level of literacy. She describes things as if she had been in front of a thesaurus for hours, searching for synonyms for words like "said".
Also, she has a habit of describing incredibly irrelevant things. I have heard "his sweet breath fanned over my face" SO many times that I can recite it, when she pays next to no attention to the atmosphere of the scenes, what her characters are doing, and never seems to describe anyone or anything except Edward. Somewhere on the internet there is a count of how many times she describes certain characteristics of Edward in just the first book, "Twilight", and all in all it's about 200 times+

-She pays no attention to Vampire or Werewolf lore. She creates vegetarian, sparkly, un-dead creatures with iron skin and play ball with lightening, and calls them VAMPIRES?! That's like me making a creature with a goat's head and fish body, which eats humans and can teleport through the dimensions and calling it a mermaid! And what is with the whole “I’m not a werewolf, I’m a shape-shifter” thing? After that she proceeds in calling them Werewolves again!

-It is supposed to be a fantasy book as well as a romance! All fantasy books must have authors who have good things to write about the certain area of fantasy (e.g. elves, dragons, etc). In this case it was vampires, and Stephenie Meyer certainly does NOT have anything good to write about it. Her makeshift “vampires” are so unbelievable that it would be better if she didn’t introduce it in the first place. Why start the book if you haven’t got anything to say about the subject? It would have been better if it were just an ordinary romance.
But then, I suppose, I wouldn’t have read it.

-The characters are flat. No personality at all. Edward is so unbelievably perfect that I almost died reading the descriptions. WTF?! How can a blood-drinking vampire have sweet breath?! Get real, Meyer.

-Annoying fanbase. Some of you Twitards out there are part of why many of us hate this book series so much. If you're trying to promote the books, it doesn't help to endlessly go on about how hot Edward is and how Jacob pwns etc. In case you didn't realise it, that just distracts most of us from the actual books and we end up relating the word "Twilight" to screaming fangirls.

All in all, let me give you a simple, easy-to understand representation of where Twilight is on my likes list for those who still can’t understand what I’m ranting about:

Watching non-biodegradable rubbish decompose > Reading Twilight.

I hoped you enjoyed my little essay ^.^

Bleh. I might post that to all those crazy Twilight fangirls in my school. Though I wouldn't want to waste my printing credit.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 am
ಠ_ಠ

Liani shouldn't be so open about her hate.

Didn't you heart about the fans attacking antifans?

o Ao

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:47 pm
@Liani: Lol, the vehemenant tone of your hatred for Twilight is similar to what I've seen from Anti-Eragon fans. rofl But I'm guessing some of your friends would defend twilight with the same passion.  

Minielf

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:36 pm

LOl.
When t0sh went shopping today,
She saw a whole wall filled with Twilight graphic tees.
There was one that was like 'I'll be your Bella and you'll be my Edward.'
Uuuuugh.
-pukes-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 pm
Hello boys and girls. [:  

Syeori

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:38 am
Hello to you too~

That was a good essay in long point form from Liani, and they're very valid points. But sometimes it doesn't take much logic or reason to be a fan of something, especially when teen hormones are involved.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games