Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:27 am
Hmmm... what historical mystery could they delve into for a third one?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm
Are you kidding me? There's oodles to choose from. I don't really know about an of them, but... There's oodles.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Are you kidding me? There's oodles to choose from. I don't really know about an of them, but... There's oodles.

Which one you would you most like to see them take on, though?

Personally, I'd like to see them take on the mystery of bermuda triangle (From a supernatural perspective, and not a scientific one).

EDIT: Though I guess that's not very historical...

EDIT2: Ok, here it is:

A Clean Conversation

I think our debut is a little lacking. I think that the absence of background music makes it seem amatuerish, and the dialogue (This is my friend's movie, by the way) made it hard to edit; you can notice that some shots don't fit well together...But, this being our first movie for this particular style, it's just improvement from this point onward.

So, whaddya guys think?

I'm also making an editor's cut...My version that's going to be much different using the same exact scenes.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:45 pm
Canas Renvall
SaintChaos
Anyone see Paranormal Activity yet? I'd like to hear some reviews on it. I'm hearing its crap and I'm hearing its good on both spectrums.

I'm typing this at 3:30 AM 'cause I'm afraid to go to sleep after seeing that tonight. I'll probably end up just being so tired that I'll have to go to bed (I plan on doing so right after this), but that movies seriously shook me to my core. I like to think of myself as one who isn't easily scared (what a load of s**t that it razz ), but PA really got to me. Especially because I believe in the supernatural. Everything in that movie seemed real. The acting was incredible, Hollywood grade on an $11,000 budget. The whole experience was so frightening. I just pray I wake up tomorrow...

So, with that, nighty night! D:

I have yet to see the 2/3's of the beginning. Cuz like I was on /x/ channel of 4chan.org the other night and someone posted a link to someone showing a live feed of the movie from their desktop. but by the time i got in there it was the near ending of the movie. i got in basically where it started with the: (puts text in white to hide spoiler)
Spoiler
gf bitching about the guy recording her on camera. then it shows them sleeping and she gets dragged down the hallway.

I'm pretty sure I have to see the rest of it to get a better opinion. But oh my god, I can't help but find it extremely creepy and absolute HALARIOUS at the exact same time. I guess because its the lack of acting skills. It just makes it so damn funny xD especially with the part where:

Spoiler
the police at the end are searching through the house and she runs at them and they shoot their guns. and it didn't even sound like the shot of a gun. it should have been "BANG BANG" but it was more like "bing bing" xD hahah god that made me laugh.

I had to admit, the ending was interesting enough for me to WANT to see the beginning pretty bad. Anyway, on the other subject, never played the Uncharted Series let alone do I have a PS3 so unfortunately I can't throw in my 2 cents on my opinion of the game. sad I STILL have yet to see Zombieland. I might have to wait for it to come out at Blockbuster. So many in my area.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:21 pm
Chase Me To The End

Personally, I'd like to see them take on the mystery of bermuda triangle (From a supernatural perspective, and not a scientific one).

Well, not to give away Uncharted 2, but it kinda establishes Drake as pretty much a career treasure hunter. So it would have to involve some sort of treasure... Which would probably be tied to some explorer... The problem is, I don't know of that many explorers. So I'm just gonna say Christopher Columbus? lol

Edit: Lol, just watched your Clean Conversation. So random. xd I don't really see the whole scope of your show. Like whether it's about doing weird things during random conversations, or if there's gonna be an ongoing plot about girlfriends and stuff.
Either way, pretty cool. And unlike that damn Nostalgia Critic, it doesn't take up to twenty five ******** minutes to watch.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:01 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Well, not to give away Uncharted 2, but it kinda establishes Drake as pretty much a career treasure hunter. So it would have to involve some sort of treasure... Which would probably be tied to some explorer... The problem is, I don't know of that many explorers. So I'm just gonna say Christopher Columbus? lol

Edit: Lol, just watched your Clean Conversation. So random. xd I don't really see the whole scope of your show. Like whether it's about doing weird things during random conversations, or if there's gonna be an ongoing plot about girlfriends and stuff.
Either way, pretty cool. And unlike that damn Nostalgia Critic, it doesn't take up to twenty five ******** minutes to watch.

I never was too fond of the Nostalgic Critic either. I prefer to watch the Angriest Video Game Nerd. lol  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:45 pm
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Nostalgia Critic. If nothing else, his face is less annoying than that of the angry video game nerd... It's just that his reviews are so damn long, it's like actually watching a half hour episode of a TV show. I have to make a whole event out of it.
As opposed to reviews like, say, Zero Punctuation, which is only like 3 - 5 minutes, no more. It's just something I put on, quickly watch, and move on with my day.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:35 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Nostalgia Critic. If nothing else, his face is less annoying than that of the angry video game nerd... It's just that his reviews are so damn long, it's like actually watching a half hour episode of a TV show. I have to make a whole event out of it.
As opposed to reviews like, say, Zero Punctuation, which is only like 3 - 5 minutes, no more. It's just something I put on, quickly watch, and move on with my day.

I see. Yeah he can funny at times. But not funny enough for my personal liking. On a random note The Shining came on the tv and I recorded it with the DVR. God I can't believe its close to three hour movie. Usually movies back in the 80's weren't that long....right? But I watched the first hour of it and since the last time I saw it as a kid, it finally all makes sense to me now. I've never been able to see it straight from the beginning though. But things you normally missed as a kid, now I can truly appreciate the art and story of this movie from the creepy showing of the little girls to that nostalgic music at the beginning. Jack was so damn young! hahah barely recognized him. I can't wait to watch the rest of it tomorrow.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:50 pm
I find Nostalgia Critic (well, his reviews) hilarious. I don't really much care for his skits or anything like that. But his reviews I absolutely love.

And The Shining was released in 1980, which means it was probably developed in 1979, which TECHNICALLY means it's a 70s movie. But actually, it wasn't until Rambo came out in 1982 that the 90 minute movie convention caught on. Before that, they were usually at least 2 hours long. The shininng, it says on my Blu-Ray, is 144 minutes long, so that's almost 2 and a half hours. Pretty standard for its time.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I find Nostalgia Critic (well, his reviews) hilarious. I don't really much care for his skits or anything like that. But his reviews I absolutely love.

And The Shining was released in 1980, which means it was probably developed in 1979, which TECHNICALLY means it's a 70s movie. But actually, it wasn't until Rambo came out in 1982 that the 90 minute movie convention caught on. Before that, they were usually at least 2 hours long. The shininng, it says on my Blu-Ray, is 144 minutes long, so that's almost 2 and a half hours. Pretty standard for its time.

hmmm interseting. then i blame the information on the satelite xD hahah cuz it gave the description of the movie and the length of it 3hrs and 34 mins. i think that INCLUDES the time of the commercials though hence that would make more sense. haha my dad was like "hell 3 hours? we're watching this tomorrow" but i thought that was kinda weird. so i knew i was right hahah. once again you have cleared stuff up for me. xD where would i be without you Bio? hahah  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 am
You'd be... Umm... Surprised to find that the movie isn't as long as you thought? ninja

(If this post shows up at the top of the page, I'm gonna kick somebody.)

EDIT: *kicks Canas, cause he's right below me, when I should be after SaintChaos saying "What would I do without you."*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 pm
I was able to rent Tekken 6 today, and so far I'm loving it.

The character customization is very fleshed out. There's a ton of s**t to buy (not to mention, you earn money quicker), so it's going to take a while before you'll be able to buy everything.

The only things I'm not liking are the scenario mode (the battle controls are iffy and the story is "meh" so far) and Anna's hooker ensemble that is her second costume (but her tiger outfit from Tekken 3/Tag is back!).

Also, the final boss Azazel is a p***k. Don't let him get a way from you because it gives him a bigger opportunity to beat your a**.  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:21 pm
Has anyone else other than Bio watched my movie? I like feedback, ya know...And I always welcome advice. I know I'm not the best film maker...yet. biggrin

So, I've been playing Resistance: Fall of Man (Let's see...Ah, only three years late!) and I have to say, it's an awesome, modern technical update of old school monster a** kickers. So I have two sequels to look forward to playing (The other being Uncharted 2).

EDIT: Effing finally! Zombies ate my Neighbors has been released on the VC! Wooh! Now, if only they would release my favorite game, I'd be in heaven!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 pm
Well I watched your movie chase, but I'm not sure how to critique it really. You said it was the first time you guys made a movie in that particular style. Well what do you define as the style you mentioned? I know it might be a silly question, but are you trying to go for slapstick comedy? I thought it was honestly pretty funny, but yes it does lack some essence of some kind. Maybe music will help, maybe it won't. I'm not sure what else to critique other than that.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 pm
Well, here's what you gotta do!
Every time you focus on things like the ear picking and stuff... If there's a closeup on it... Make the voice of whoever is speaking really reverberate. And maybe even slow it down a bit. That way it'll stress that much more that you, on the couch, are getting really distracted by it.
I mean... It's an idea. Just throwing it out there.

EDIT: Well, since it was anticipated... By one person that I know of, anyway... I've finally published my Best of PlayStation 1 article. You can check it out on my Gaia Journal, or at this URL: http://biohazardreviews.wordpress.com/

Comments appreciated!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games