Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:44 am
No, more that you're basically telling me "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". And therein lies the irony.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:57 am
Well, you could say something like, "That's our Bio!"
I can't really say something like that about RE5, can I? I mean, "Wesker can move so fast he's practically teleporting? That's our Capcom!" Doesn't work.
Now, if I just told you I've commited rape... Yeah, then you would probably have the right to tell me the hell off... You know, like Capcom raped the franchise.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 am
xd

That's our Bio. Hey, at least he stays clear of the RE5 and Darkside Chronicles threads. So you can take most of that stuff there without having to worry about him coming in, taking the piss out of everything and tearing everything to shreads. mrgreen Admittedly, that can become tiresome after a while. But yeah, that's just Bio.

And yeah, where is everybody?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:25 am
I've been gone all weekend. Halloween weekend was pretty busy. I had to work on saturday morning and right after that, we had to get ready for my aunt's halloween party, which btw, was really, really fun! They had a costume contest with 2 winners (1 male, 1 female) and four runner-ups. I was one of the runner-ups and i won some champagne. biggrin My dad was one of the 1st place winners. He went as Jason Voorhees. Sure, its not exactly original but the way he pulled it off was great and definitely deserved the win. biggrin I didn't take any pics but my brothers did, so I'll probably post their pics when I can. :3  

Vankala

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am
Thee Stranger
xd

That's our Bio. Hey, at least he stays clear of the RE5 and Darkside Chronicles threads. So you can take most of that stuff there without having to worry about him coming in, taking the piss out of everything and tearing everything to shreads. mrgreen Admittedly, that can become tiresome after a while. But yeah, that's just Bio.

Exactly. If you wanna talk about how awesome Wesker's teleportation or Jill's shiny crystal. Or how awesome Leon and Krauser's butt buddy scenario is. Do it in those threads, and I won't touch them.

Vankala
I've been gone all weekend. Halloween weekend was pretty busy. I had to work on saturday morning and right after that, we had to get ready for my aunt's halloween party, which btw, was really, really fun! They had a costume contest with 2 winners (1 male, 1 female) and four runner-ups. I was one of the runner-ups and i won some champagne. biggrin My dad was one of the 1st place winners. He went as Jason Voorhees. Sure, its not exactly original but the way he pulled it off was great and definitely deserved the win. biggrin I didn't take any pics but my brothers did, so I'll probably post their pics when I can. :3

See? Execution beats originality. It's not about who did it first, but who did it best. Very awesome for you.

Oh yeah, my own Halloween story. So our pirate maze came in second overall. The Asylum won, go figure. I would've wanted to work in that one, but I got assigne what I had.
And here's something else. Right before my shift ended, my supervisor was horsing around and injured his back. So he had to be taken to the hospital. So at the end of the night, we were left without a supervisor. Awesome, huh?
But my costume was kinda lame, the mask kinda sucked, so I didn't bother taking any pictures this year.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:59 pm
Thee Stranger

I've been lurking. ninja  

MadamTarantula

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:14 pm
*poosts for no reason....well he feels left out.*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 pm
...Ugh...

*Stumbles in with a weekend hangover*

Too...much...partying...

Not...enough...sleep...

*Crashes on the floor*

But hey, at least I got some poon! mrgreen

Ahh, gotta love the combination of Halloween hussies and immense beer balls. Nothing like being a preppy jock douche nerd!

@Bio: I like the Goku!  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm
Oh yes, here's my latest project. I wanted to play around with the Cell shading some more, so I created this cartoony girl. She turned out pretty cool, I think.

User Image

User Image

User Image

I already have an idea for my next project. I won't tell you what it is yet, only that it's gonna be hilarious. If I do say so myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:54 pm
Damn those girl's eyes are far apart lol. But since it's cartoony, I shall cut you some slack. Good job.....Do you do requests?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:59 pm
As soon as I'm done my next project, I suppose I can. But this new idea I got just kicks so much a**, you guys are gonna love it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:14 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
See? Execution beats originality. It's not about who did it first, but who did it best. Very awesome for you.

Whoa, did I, like, offend you or something? xd

And maybe so, but still not original. And if there was no originality, nobody would have anything to duplicate or execute better. First is forever.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:14 pm
Thee Stranger
Whoa, did I, like, offend you or something? xd

And maybe so, but still not original. And if there was no originality, nobody would have anything to duplicate or execute better. First is forever.

Offend me regarding what? o.O

Obviously, originality is important. But it's like a mention. "Let's remember this, because if there wasn't that, then we wouldn't have all this awesome stuff." Like, "Let's remember Tomb Raider for the first action platformer where you get to explore abandoned tombs and look for treasure! And now, the best Platformer where you get to explore abandoned tombs and look for treasure... Uncharted!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas, get over it, seriously. If RE4 or 5 is mentioned, I'll usually say, "Piece of s**t" or "Screw that game" or something of the sort. It's just the way it is. If you can't accept it as a form of Bio quirkiness, then just ignore it.
The soundtrack to Umbrella Chronicles is my guilty pleasure. That's as gray as I'll go.

i find music the most captivating even in the crapiest of games, so i know how you feel Bio. :3

[edit] omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg *faints from excitement* the trailer for the Prince of Persia movie is out biggrin .........well i dont know how long its actually been out but its my first time seeing it. xD

http://www.myspace.com/trailerpark screw viruses. give me sand damn it! no no jk xD haha zombies are a lot more amusing than a grain of sand.

on a more serious note. from the trailer though, it looks like they're even bringing in the dark prince himself. i think they're doing what they did with the 1st silent hill movie, and taking all three prince of Persia games (4th doesnt count) and putting it all together into one main story with its own concept. looks ******** bad a** though!  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Offend me regarding what? o.O

I don't know, my comment about you at least staying away from the RE5 and DC threads? Just seemed like you were trying to get me going on this whole topic again, and there didn't seem much point to it, and I think we've had this debate more than once. xd but here we go again.

Biohazard EXTREME
Obviously, originality is important. But it's like a mention. "Let's remember this, because if there wasn't that, then we wouldn't have all this awesome stuff." Like, "Let's remember Tomb Raider for the first action platformer where you get to explore abandoned tombs and look for treasure! And now, the best Platformer where you get to explore abandoned tombs and look for treasure... Uncharted!"

Yeah, that's pretty much it right there. Respect the history. And in regards to Tomb Raider (1996) VS Uncharted (2007), you're talking about over a decade in between, not to mention two console generations with all the new gameplay conventions and technological advances that came with it. Uncharted as we know it would have been impossible to do back in 1996. So can we really sit back here eleven years after the fact and knock Tomb Raider for not being on Uncharted's level? Hell no.

It's just like if someone who had never played the original MGS before suddenly went back and played it for the first time today. At the time of its release, that game was revolutionary. But that s**t's all commonplace now. Someone looks at it now, after the fact, they'll wonder what the hell the big deal was. Especially when they're growing up on s**t like Uncharted.

Just like Alone in the Dark (1992) VS Resident Evil (1996). Alone in the Dark came out in 1992. 1992. You know what the hot new games of 1992 were? s**t like the original Mortal Kombat and Mario Kart. That's the new games most people were playing when AitD first hit the shelves. 3D gaming the likes of which AitD delivered wasn't commonplace at all back then, while RE hit the shelves alongside s**t like Tomb Raider.

The main reason I feel so strongly about this example in particular is because Alone in the Dark created Survival Horror, and it ******** created Resident Evil, too. Everything about RE's gameplay, Alone in the Dark invented. And nobody acknowledges it. Or they acknowledge it, but downplay it. Or when when you present this little fact, most RE fans refuse to acknowledge it. RE gets all the credit, or if they don't credit RE, they credit Sweet Home. There's no dispute that RE should be credited for popularizing the genre, but not inventing it. And sure as s**t not Sweet Home. All of the conventions of survival horror started with AitD. Not RE, and not Sweet Home. Sweet Home was just a horror game (a shitty horror game at that), and there were plenty of other horror games before Sweet Home. And there was only one Survival Horror game before RE ripped that game off completely and coined the term "Survival Horror".

s**t, I was just reading an article in Gamepro magazine a month or two ago listing the top 10 Most Innovative Games, and they listed RE, fully acknowledging the fact that AitD did it all first. Well, hello? If AitD did it first, then how hell can you credit RE for originality? That's not how it works. It's a copy. Copies aren't original. Again, they say it's more important because it's more iconic. Popularity is not more important, and it's is not innovation.

And I think it's disgusting that Mikami has never once credited AitD as a major influence on RE; instead crediting that piece of s**t, Sweet Home. Well, I played Sweet Home on an emulator. It's nothing like Resident Evil. At all. Alone in the Dark, however, is just like Resident Evil. The two games are nearly identical (even some of the camera angles are eerily similar). Anyone who goes back and plays both games back-to-back, and acknowledges the fact that AitD came four years before will tell you that RE1 is a blatant knockoff of Alone in the Dark, almost to the point of plagiarism. Furthermore, aside from the storyline, the main reason I always preferred RE in the first place was because it was much more action-packed with more streamlined combat mechanics than the original AitD, which had very little combat and focused more on puzzle-solving (and the puzzles were much more challenging than the mindless fodder RE throws at you). That's the only thing RE really did better; that's the only thing RE really did differently outside of the item boxes. Which always sucked. See? AitD was so innovative that it got rid of the sucky inventory system before it even got started!

You know, it'd be one thing if AitD invented all the s**t, and executed it all horribly or something. But it didn't. It was a good game. A great great game for its time; ahead of its time. It hasn't aged well. But neither has RE, or MGS, or Tomb Raider, or most of the s**t that came out when 3D gaming was just basically getting its mainstream start. Doesn't mean I should just forget about s**t like the original MGS because MGS3 looks and plays 10 times better. Sure as s**t doesn't mean MGS3 is more important. It's just an updated version.

They did it first. They pioneered the s**t. So you can't just come back and knock it and dismiss it, years later, after the fact, just because something came years later with better technology and more advanced general gaming conventions, stole the original template, and then tweaked it and added some s**t. Originality doesn't have that advantage. Of course the originals are going to be improved upon and updated. But, to me, innovation is a lot more important than just simply retreading old ground well.
[/rant]  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games