Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:08 pm
Leetspeak is hard sweatdrop . 1 {4////0+ +`/93 ¬1l<3 +l-l15... *l-l45 2 l_l53 //1l<193l)14 l33t l)1(+10//412`/...*
(Translates to: I cannot type like this... *Has to use wikipedia l33t dictionary...*)
This is harder than typing the normal Roman alphabet letters... sweatdrop

Nor can I translate it. I just now tried to read leetspeak, and spent 10 minutes trying to work out the 2nd letter. I didn't realise "//" was supposed to be the letter "N".

Yush! I got a gold in Intermediate Maths Challenge! And it wasn't even right on the gold mark! ~celebrates~
But now I have to do that Kangaroo Maths Challenge thing stare . WHY IS LIFE SO DIFFICULT?! I swear it's harder for the people who actually get good marks than those who don't... crying

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

i don't even want to attempt reading that. x Ax
        i always thought 'N' was represented by '||'.
        after all, it resembles the letter more than '//'.
        l:

congratulations liani. o wo~

ELFY;
        WUD YEW PREEPHUR WIE ALL TAIPD LAIK DIS?

Princess Rhode
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 pm
@Liani: Wow, I didn't know that! But, I will not attempt that with my Rubik's. My brother would kill me. xD;;
Lol, you have no idea. You haven't been here as long as some of us, say Niph and sin. They can tell you how serious Mini is. xD

rofl @ Fwoom
You've peeled the colours off? That's ingenious. xD Then you can say 'I've done it!'
Talking of Rubiks, have you ever seen a Rubik's cube birthday cake?
Hm... Yes... a 26-year-old grandpa is, but not a 21-year-old. xD After all, seeing as in Britain we have a 13-year-old father now (phffffff), that would make it very possible.
gonk What is becoming of this planet?!

@Mini: Darling, it's just you. Or rather, maybe it's just Toki. xD;; Nah. It's not anything to do what you guys 'major' in. It's purely your personalities. 3nodding
Toki's doing Chemistry and Niph is doing Law. (:
I hate leet speak. Ugh. I can do text talk (is that the same thing? Lol), but not leet... D<

@cbc: We can all pretend to be mature when we want to be, m'dear. >D Don't need Mini to set the standards! xD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:34 pm
1 d0n'7 7h1nk l337sp34k usu4//y h4s *that* much 1337 in it... like, with more normal letters included, it's still readable? ish. just annoying. ^^;;

Leetspeak doesn't annoy me as much as chatspeak though. ppl hu tlk lyk dis just make me want to tear my hair out. *___*

OH and when people rANdoMlY CaPITaLiZe hALf tHeIR LEtTeRs for whatever reason. bleargh.

@chibi: whoa, a rubiks cube birthday cake?? but that means... the cake is square. o__O

Also, wtf 13-year-old father. D: Was he molested or something?

@mini: wait, what did you major in?

Hyacinthe Comeaux

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 pm
@B&B: Well, yes I did always have quite a deadpan personality, but studying Arts, namely politics, has affected how I speak even more. I'm betting Niph is the same way; she might end up speaking like a lawyer when she graduates. xd

I was half joking with the leet speak though. I don't think any sane person would speak purely with that online, much less in rl.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 am
If anyone here watches The IT Crowd (as the name suggests, about computer geeks in the IT department of a company), the DVD of the show has subtitles purely in l33t.  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:14 am
@Fwoom:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xD
They're squares of coloured icing. biggrin

Lol I doubt it. He seemed pretty proud of himself, even though he looks like he's eight years old. -_-;;
Apparently his parents were furious, though.
Seriously... a thirteen-year-old can't even look after himself... How can he take on a baby with a fifteen-year-old girl?!
But, two other fifteen-year-old boys have stepped forward also claiming daddiness, so they're having blood tests, etc. *rolls eyes*

@Mini: Lool, Niph has always been rather posh... but I think you'd be rather horrified to find that, rather than becoming even posher, London and law have done nothing but make her speak like a chav (I do hope non-Brits will know what a 'chav' is ;P). Seriously! It's ******** this and ******** that now. o_O;; It scares me.

@cbc: It does? xD;; We have seasons one and two on DVD and it's really funny. I have yet to watch it all, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 pm

that just looks like three cakes stacked on top of each other. o:

pfft.
        the little kids are morons.
        one of the fifteen year old claims that he could be the father because "he slept in the same bed" as the girl.
        lol

i've watched some clips of the IT Crowd on youtube.
        . 3.

Princess Rhode
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:13 pm
O.O My friend had one of those cakes. I think her mum made it for her as a joke. A mini one.

Niphy has always been very posh~. And super-good at languages.
I can't believe she got A* x13 for her GCSE... How can somebody be good at so many things at once?! gonk They're not even letting us do extra GCSE optionals any more scream .
She does appear more chavvish (is that even a word?) since she went to London, though xD

OMGOMGOMG. That 13-year old father. Alfie, his name was, wasn't it? He has a baby face. And he got a 15-year old pregnant.

@ Fwoom: God. People writing in text language just annoys me. Some of them even speak it. One of my friends goes "LOL" instead of actually laughing. I mean, "LOL" is fine for internet use, but NOT for real life.

Also, for some reason, it really annoys me when people Type Like This With A Capital Letter In Front Of Every Word.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:03 am
Chibito7
@Fwoom:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xD
They're squares of coloured icing. biggrin

Lol I doubt it. He seemed pretty proud of himself, even though he looks like he's eight years old. -_-;;
Apparently his parents were furious, though.
Seriously... a thirteen-year-old can't even look after himself... How can he take on a baby with a fifteen-year-old girl?!
But, two other fifteen-year-old boys have stepped forward also claiming daddiness, so they're having blood tests, etc. *rolls eyes*

@Mini: Lool, Niph has always been rather posh... but I think you'd be rather horrified to find that, rather than becoming even posher, London and law have done nothing but make her speak like a chav (I do hope non-Brits will know what a 'chav' is ;P). Seriously! It's ******** this and ******** that now. o_O;; It scares me.

@cbc: It does? xD;; We have seasons one and two on DVD and it's really funny. I have yet to watch it all, though.

Oh, she speaks like a chav now, eh? smile Maybe it's because London is full of Chavs, or it's because the law school Niph goes to is full of Chavs? rofl  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:47 am
Niph studies LAW in LONDON and enjoys HIGH ART. She is so posh it makes Princess Diana look like a cast of Pretty Woman.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:51 am
@ Elfy: EVERY school is full of chavs... Our school has such chavvy people that I can't see how they passed the entrance exam AND the interview with the head in the first place stare . Maybe this is why Badminton has been going down in the league tables.

And there's still our headmistress standing in front of the assembly going "Badminton NEVER closes!"
I can just picture her, when global warming has caused the sea level to rise and submerge the whole building, and she, standing on top of the weathervane, is making a dramatic pose to the heavens, while all the students are drowning around her, and screaming "BADMINTON NEVER CLOSES!" stare .

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Hyacinthe Comeaux

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 pm
OK, so first I was like, "it's just a cube, what about it?" And then I went WAIT OMG IT'S A CAKE WHAAAAT~~!

v. cool cake. smile

I actually don't know what "chav" means. I've heard "posh" before but never "chav"... ("chavvy" reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow going "savvy" though)

@liani: Yeah, although there is no good way to say "lolcats" without actually saying "lol". but then the fact that you are actually saying "lolcats" aloud probably means you are beyond redemption... XD;;

I tend to say "jaykay" instead of "just kidding". >>; bad habit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 pm
My god a whole city full of Chavs? gonk I'm starting to have second thoughts about ever going there, even for a holiday. ninja

Roflmao @ your headmaster. xd Is she like all butch, or is she womanly? She sounds like Mrs. Trunchbull in Matilda. rofl  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:34 am
I shudder at the image... *shudders* xp  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games