Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 am
Hang on.

Niph speaks like a chav?! WTF?! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 am
@sin: Lol, it is three cakes stacked on top of each other. Each section is separate at first, then you put it together like building blocks/lego. ;D
Heh, The IT Crowd is great. Only, I thought it was called 'The It Crowd' - as in, 'it' the word rather than 'IT' standing for information technology or whatnot, lol. So I still think of it as 'The It Crowd'. xD;;

@Liani: 'Cause Niphy is just a genius. xD Yes, I hate her also. (;
And yes; our country is infested with chavs. Though much less in independent schools than comprehensives.
But I always got the impression from Niph that your school is one of the leading schools, though, like mine? My school just stays at the top... It hasn't fallen off... yet. xD There are too many clever people here, and frankly, barely any chavs.
And my school never closes. Seriously. Snow? Nah, just keep going. ;_; Lol.
(See my reply to Mini for something else. (: )

@Mini: No idea. Mixing with 'the wrong people', perhaps? xD
Actually, she's more concerned about a cat right now than law or her chavness. xD;;
Lol, chavs aren't everywhere. But there are a lot of them. It just depends on which area you're in. Just come find Niph/me/Toki (no, not him, actually, he's nearing chavness... Actually, that's Niph, lol), and we'll steer you clear of them...
That said, Niph wants a London Brit ICU get-together. Liani, you up for it? Maybe during the summer. When are you coming over, Mini? It'll be a learning experience, that's for sure. xD

@cbc: Yes, Niphy does seem quite posh. But, meet her in real life and I doubt you'd think the same. Or talk to her on Facebook now, and it's like: O_O;;
But yes. It is true. Niphy = turning into a chav. Tis a terrible tragedy.

@Fwoom: Um... Americans would call them 'yobs', maybe? xD;; I don't know the right word for it. A scally? That's another word the British tend to use. Just... 'uneducated' people (usually teen boys) who prowl the streets looking for trouble in gangs, wearing black hoodies and cussing everyone and everything they see. Yep. ^^;;  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 pm
@ B&B: I find that chavs are mostly girls... the guys? I call them gangsters.
And girls can be a LOT more bitchy than guys... :S
And we are supposed to be one of the leading schools. We're the leading school in Bristol, anyway. Though the truth is not so glamorous. A girl got expelled last term because she got herself pregnant scream .
A Brit-ICU get-together? WOW! COOL! We should show Mini around and torture him by dragging him along shopping with us ^.^ He can be the personal bag-carrier! >: D I am so evil.
I dare someone to jump off the London Eye with a bungee rope as well.
Oh and we must trash one of the Queen's guard's hats~
-Is getting evil ideas-
Though I'm not sure my parents will let me. I'm under house arrest at the moment. I haven't been out to anyone's house in at least a year.

@ Elfy: Actually, our head is like the poshest person I know. She speaks with an ultra-posh accent, and always wears (what she thinks) are fashionably posh clothes, though I did catch her once in a zebra-striped T-shirt and jeans, which does not look good because she's like 60.
She's quite nice, but she is pissing me off right now for forbidding us to do extra GCSEs...

gonk I've just found out the date of my piano exam... IT'S ON MARCH 11TH AND I HAVEN'T EVEN LEARNT HALF OF THE SCALES AND I'M SO GONNA FAIL SIGHT-READING AGAIN AND I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO LEARN ALL THAT STUPID AURAL STUFF BECAUSE I SUCK AT IT SO MUCH THAT I PASSED BY JUST ONE MARK LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *huff huff huff huff*
crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

... Where is Niph when you need her?
HOW THE HELL DID SHE GET PAST GRADE 8 ON BOTH PIANO AND VIOLIN?!
BWAAAAAAA! I don't like clever people any more crying .

And on top of that I have to revise for that stupid maths Kangaroo thing AND I have to drop LATIN! crying
infelicissimus sum!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 pm
A Brit-ICU meet-up where you girls force me to be your bag carrier? No thanks. talk2hand I'd rather stay in Australia instead. In fact, there's more of a chance of me meeting up with CBC and Sin in Sydney than me flying to London just to great all of you over there.

@B&B: I looked up the definition of Chav in the urban dictionary and it's actually quite similar to another sort of social group here in Australia: the Bogan. Bogans are endemic in pretty much all of the capital cities here; it's almost impossible to go around a street corner without encountering one. Almost every single Aussie person I've encountered was either an absolute Bogan or a Bogan in disguise. Fortunately, very few of the Asian people here have mutated into Bogans, which is a good thing. I'd be horrified if CBC or Sin turned out to be Bogans though.  

Minielf

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 pm

so much chav talk. o xo

isn't the american version of a chav a frat boy? o:
        or is it just me that thinks that.

lolbogans.
        that just reminds me of kath&kim.
        4laugh

oh, that's right.
        cbc's in sydney too, isn't she. o:

B&B;
        i still call it the it crowd, too. XD
        saying 'the eye-tee crowd' is too long. P:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:44 am
That's right! Chavs are like bogans. But bogans aren't necessarily jerk offs, and not every aussie is a bogan. The Kaths and the Kims are only limited to certain suburbs.  

cold_blooded_chick

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:19 am
@ Elfy: You take everything so seriously! Or at least you appear to. I was only joking, silly xd .

Bogan? That's a weird word.
Bogan
Bogaaan....
Bagoooon.....
BAGON?! < scream

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 pm

yush.
        bagon is a pokemon.
        it evolves into a ahellgon then into salamence.
        the pokemon champion in sapphire/ruby/emerald has a salamence.
        and you find bagons in a cave in the same place where you can find luntones and solrocks.
        8D
        -pokemon nerd-

Princess Rhode
Crew

Hyacinthe Comeaux

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm
I don't think I've ever heard the word "yob" before in my life... o___o;;

there are yuppies though. "yup" young urban professional? XD my brother's one.

A chav sounds like a punk, I guess. The type that bands together and tends to do stuff like skateboarding and motorcycling and generally cause trouble? Or gangster, but that sounds more serious. Like there's guns involved. >>;;

Iunno, I thought frat boy or sorority girl just connoted that you were more or less party boy/girl (and, well, lived in a frat/sorority). not quite a punk. or... a chav.

*learns a new word every day!*

DUDE LIANI I HAVE MY PIANO PANEL COMPETITION ON THE 8TH. AS IN. NEXT SUNDAY. AND I AM SO FAR FROM BEING READY I COULD CRY. T___________T

my piano teacher was hella mad with me on friday. or at least disappointed (which is worse). and. yeah.

/fail

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:19 pm
Lol Bagon. rofl rofl

@Liani: I admit I do take some things a little TOO seriously. ninja  

Minielf

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:25 pm

chav:

Derived from Chatham in Kent, this term can be applied loosely to every culture with a nasty, thieving element. There are many variants of this creature but all are subject to the following commonalities:

Chavs are completely Amoral, having never been subjected to right and wrong by their inattentive, uncaring and often absent parents.

Chavs are part Magpie, evidentially supported by their love of all things shiny, or as vaccuous, illiterate street-slang would say 'Bling'. They can be seen twokking from the Jewelry counter in Argos/Index.

Whatever their ethnic background, Chavs have a built-in affinity to hip-hop/R&B, even if they are inherently racist (see the Scottish). They see their life as glamorous and cool.

Chavs are for the most part, extremely stupid. However, some of them render a form of low cunning, which can be misinterpreted as intelligence. However this is false. A Chav has no desire to better themself through honest means nor learn anything outside of car modification.

All chavs think that they are nails. Again, this is false. Sitting in a beaten up nova smoking lamberts does not precipitate a healthy body. The irony being that a Chav owns mainly sportswear, yet will only break a sweat if running from the police.

Chavs are incredibly fertile beasts, and are highly successful breeders. Where they come unstuck is having to look after the offspring which their 13 yr old drunken fumble produces. More often that not the child will crow to be a Chav, having received no more guidance on life than the parent.

Chavs have a fond love for cars, as well as a Vin Diesel fixation. Rather than buy a nice car to start with, a chav will spend all their dole and tax-free labouring cash on upgrading a 10 year old car with 200,000 miles on the clock. The end product will invariably be a luminous monstrosity with at least one serious collision to it's name

---

Chav - Sub species of human

Commonly thought to be of inferior intellect, the Chavette surprises us with its cunning plan to avoid taking up a professional career and provide itself with free accommodation supplied by tax payers by spawning multi coloured mini chavs at a early stage in life, usually mid teens.
        Clearly recognisable by their distinctive tribal Burberry they congregate in town centres and on street corners, Chavs have a reputation of being creative with public property and motor vehicles, building themselves Chaviots out of mechcano sets and strip lighting, and providing us with humorous banta written on toilet walls like 's**t' and 'Tasha woz ere' in an attempt to relieve our boredom while urinating.
        Their language is a basic form of English thus avoiding any words they cannot spell or pronounce, even to the extent of creating new words only they know the meaning of.
        Hunting in large groups Chavs will single out the weakest, smallest prey and attack it without mercy avoiding any personal injury and insuring victory.
        Chavs unfortunately don't yet fall into the category of rodent and in effect cannot be bludgeoned to death under the guise of pest control.

frat boy:

1.) See homosexual
        2.) The same neanderthalistic douchebags that used to play high school football and talk about how shitty you were in high school who now joined a homoerotic club so they can rape each other's a** in private.
        3.) A collection of date-rapists that like to drink shitty beer and "stick it in" passed out drunk girls.
        4.) Scum of the earth.
        5.) A collection of the people with the smallest penises on a college campus.

---

any college age, needle-d**k, weed-smoking a*****e who attends college only to party and flunk out. may use roofies to rape women, and finds destroying the property of others an enjoyable passtime. recognizable by

1) caucasian ethinicity
        2) sleeveless t-shirts
        3) inane, misogynistic babble
        4) the ginormous SUVs (usually F-150s or Suburbans) with jacked-up wheels they drive, especially with stereos blaring rap or metal
        5) visors, especially if worn upside-down, backwards, or a savory combination of the two
        6) excessive use of the word "f*****t"
        7) possession of 40 oz beers, cigarettes, marijuana, and/or beer kegs (full-size or pony). especially alcohol stolen from the local grocery store (see beer run).
        8) membership in a fraternity. (optional)

bogan:

A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.
        Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).
        The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.
        Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.
        Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously.

Ahhhh. The wonders of nature.

---

In Tasmania, Australia there are 2 breeds of bogans, there's the typical male "aussie" style bogan: who wears "wife basher" shirts (singlet tops) with many torn holes, tight stone wash jeans or some other pants, usually either wearing one or tied around the waist or slung over there shoulder a flanelette (flannie) shirt or holden/ford tops, and a pair of old blundstone boots (blunnies) and usually drives and old Holden Commodore or Ford Falcon. And swear the faces off, usually every second word is f**k. And are commonly seen with a can of VB in there hand.

Then there's the 2nd type usually teens who are seen decked out in dada, wutang, fox racing, eminem plastic crap, and the baggy wutang, fubu, emineme brand etc jeans and usually topped off with a cap of some kind, thinking that they're so damn cool but they're not. The female version is jeans that are so tight like you would not believe, have their hair pulled back and slicked down with a whole tub of gel except for 2 front bits which are pulled out and are the same length as the rest of their hair (commonly called "bogan bits") and wear dada, wutang, fubu, fox racing etc, jumpers 10 times too big for them and wear whole stick of eye liner on each eye and way too much foundation and are seen pushing prams around followed by a colony of young children (all to different fathers)

yay urbandictionary.
        . 3.;

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 am
xd xd xd

So right!  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:58 am
@Liani: Really? Nah, I mainly see male chavs. The female chavs are more elusive... (;
Gangsters, to me, are people with guns. Chavs are the teenage boys and girls who walk around the street trying to be scary and cool, wearing all black, dressed in tracksuits and hoodies, in big gangs. But at the end of the day, they're useless, because they're not exactly going to kill people...
Okay, I take that back. Some of them are very violent... and people have died - in Manchester, anyway. ):
Whooa, she got expelled? ...I don't know if a girl would be expelled if she got pregnant here. It depends on her age, of course. If she was in Sixth Form I suspect they wouldn't expel her, but younger than that then yeah... :S
Lol, I'm not much of a shopper... We should totally hang out at Starbucks, though. ;D
Heh. You sound like the chav now, m'dear! xD;; I've met our darling Queen... and was totally unimpressed.
Good luck on your piano exam! (: Lol that's how I always felt before I quit the piano. It's 'cause Niph is a damn genius. rolleyes I suck most at sight-reading... Hate it. ><

@Mini: Ah, I see. Bogans, huh... xD
When may you be coming to the UK again?

@sin: Exactement!
I am a Pokemon nerd too. ;D Yayness.
rolf @ 'frat boy - see homosexual' (I didn't know that!) & 'Chavs have a reputation of being creative with public property and motor vehicles' (pahahahaha) & 'Hunting in large groups' (what are they, beasts? xDDD).
'Chavs unfortunately don't yet fall into the category of rodent and in effect cannot be bludgeoned to death under the guise of pest control.' - yes, tis a shame indeed. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:55 am
@ Sin and B&B: Ditto! We should start a pokemon nerds club! ^.^
Though unfortunately I haven't played pokemon in about 2 months scream . And I only have Emerald and the... "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team".
I suck at raising pokemon >.< I couldn't win a battle against another (real) trainer to save my life.
So sad, I have never had a Bagon, ever. A while ago I searched for it in that cave for weeks, but all I got was Solrocks and Lunatones... >.<
Plus, if I found it, I would probably kill it by mistake. All my pokemon then were lvl 50. (I am attempting balanced raising for once).

@ B&B: I suck most at aural. I used to suck most on sight-reading, but it somehow improved from grade 3 level to about grade 7 level in about a month question exclaim . I have failed every sight reading exam from grade 1-6, though, so I'm not really very hopeful that I'm going to pass the grade 7 either.
Aural is a killer when you get past grade 5. I can't tell cadences and I have no idea how to recognise if it's dominant or subdominant or whatever. The only thing I can do is recognise what period a piece of music comes from...
And my playing is... questionable, as well. If it weren't for the fact that I have the most critical teacher in the school (as in, she complains about everything and is a total perfectionist just like me), then I would fail the playing as well.
All in all, I suck at piano. I play it only because it's fun ^.^

Lol, "hunting in large groups"... sounds like they're wolves or something xD.

And yeah, that girl was only in year 10 ninja .
What I don't get is that she was a boarder. Shouldn't the boarding staff NOT let random guys into the school? Yet I saw them playing tennis together when I came into school on Saturday... Weird.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:41 pm
Are Chavs and Bogans listed in the Oxford dictionary? If not, we should petition for them to be included! xd And here's another funny fact: The new Lord Mayor of Melbourne declared he wanted to ban all Bogans from entering the city. I daresay he had no idea what he was in for.

@B&B: Who knows? I may or may not come over there to study for my masters, or just simply go there for a trip. But it's likely I won't have time or money to go overseas for the next few years unfortunately.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games