Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Cult Cast! Episodes doowwn! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CC18! Poll courtesy of David again.
  Yeah but it was a stripped down GAY version
  You have just caged yourself… with your own words.
  No, that’s cause I don’t wanna play Mario Party
  MMM, I’m about to infiltrate this giant field of dicks!
  I don’t wanna be hard on it, and I’m kinda just playing Devil’s Advocate here but it… kinda looks like s**t, kinda looks like a boring shitty game!
  The new tracks are being developed by RARE!
  It’s not flying, it’s falling with style
  I worry about Mario.
  Man… I don’t get 3D… how does it work?
  Can’t say anything! Trenn wins!
View Results

Jackolantirn

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:23 am
Monster Hunter Tri is definitely not a game you can win by button-mashing. Every moment matters, and you've got to determine whether you swing your weapon, evade, or put away your weapon and run the hell away. That's what I get from it, anyways.

Quote:
Your gear means a lot, but your skill and your knowledge of the monster means even more.

- Quoted for the truth. Can't get carried by gear in this game. This isn't WoW where you spam one or two buttons to down a boss, you seriously need to know wtf you're doing.

And imo, the degree of "catch-up" isn't at all like those other MMOs. The big thing is just getting over the initial wall. Once you get over the wall, you'll catch on quick. There's no leveling system where you join as lvl 1 and everyone is lvl 200.

"The console version of World of Warcraft. Except the combat is fifty billion times better." I lol'ed. WoW has more emphasis on the entire 10-man or 25-man raid working in sync to down bosses. In MH3, there's just four people. But in WoW, its easier for Downs people to get into the raids. I haven't played much, but... I think The Wall may have filtered out the total retards. Only the semi-retards like me have made it online.

Side note: I came back to Gaia just because I remembered the Nintendo Cult, and wondered if I'd be able to find people to play MH3... Is Gaia really the worst site in the history of worst sites?
Granted, I've been afk from Gaia for a while, but... Its not that bad... Is it?  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:56 am
Jackolantirn

Is Gaia really the worst site in the history of worst sites?
Granted, I've been afk from Gaia for a while, but... Its not that bad... Is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

But it is pretty terrible and I would very much like to never have to come here again.  

The Awkwardest Turtle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 am
I'd like to have an actual site to call home instead of being a barnacle on this fat a** whale.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:45 am
Trenn Flashkill
I'd like to have an actual site to call home instead of being a barnacle on this fat a** whale.
Exactly my thoughts.  

Super Cheesio

Jackolantirn

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:19 pm
Trenn Flashkill

I'm not asking these questions because I have a point, I'm seriously ignorant and want to learn:
What would establishing a website do for gamers? What would set it apart from other websites? (Forum-wise, Nsider2 comes to mind)
How will the Cult to expand by leaving Gaia? EDIT: (in asking this, I realized that in Gaia, Nintendo Cult is set as a private guild. was wondering why I couldn't find Nintendo Cult just by searching for the keyword "Nintendo")
Besides having your own site, what does leaving Gaia do for you?
Mailbag Submission
Is Trenn Alliance or Horde? What class does he play? How far is he in raid progression?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:56 pm
Might as well offer, if you guys want anything Flash related for the site, I'd be glad to help.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:46 pm
i'm gonna be mapping maps that map maps for games with maps like HL2DMaps this summer, so i'f i'm not around much i'm grinding away at what i can. gotta get the base of the level built (skybox, ground, basic design, etc.) and figure out how to script things. maybe some of our artists could try their hand at drawing an artists rendering of a fairly simple N-Cult map?  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 am
Question answers
Would i follow? Definitly. This is the only reason why i even come here nowadays. Do i think it's a good idea? Depends. If it's just going to be a seperate phpBB forum, i'd suggest to stay here but if it's going to be a complete functional website i'd say go for it!

Ideas from my side? Besides the usual (forum/news), a review section and maybe some web-based chatroom that supports mic?

Vaettur

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 am
I'd follow, but it'd be doomed.

Seriously, half the s**t we talk about here is Gaia related. Bitching about EIs, avatars, and stupid bullshit (like Gaia's new Achievements that are coming soon) is what separates this from any other Nintendo forum.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:46 am
That's why there will be an actual site.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm
[Kegan]
Containing what? Nintendo news? I'm down with it, but that's not why the Cult is unique.

It's unique because it's GAIA's number one Nintendo fanclub.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:04 pm
Allegro
[Kegan]
Containing what? Nintendo news? I'm down with it, but that's not why the Cult is unique.

I really doubt that. There are only about 20 active members.  

Super Cheesio

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:27 pm
The boy's right.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:38 pm
But most other 'Tendo guilds crash and burn halfway into the year.  

MaverickDrifter

Jackolantirn

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:48 pm
Super Cheesio
Allegro
[Kegan]

I really doubt that. There are only about 20 active members.

Perhaps the Nintendo Cult listed as a private guild has something to do with it? Or maybe more strategic tags could be included so that the Cult shows up on more searches? Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are good. idk anyone who types in "ballin!" in a search... Maybe include... "Nintendo"? I mean, try search for "Nintendo" (when the search server is working again). I think I tried. I didn't see the cult show up in any of the... hundreds of pages, was it?
And... "advertise"?

There's ways of getting additional mature members.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games