Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:30 pm
Deadpool615
It doesn't make any differance though. Sure I like FF, but I'm about as far from a fanboy as possible too. I don't think you should be labeled for something so miniscule.

Well, if you think a couple million people is so miniscule, than you must live in a place like New York that is over crowded.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:46 pm
No, your missing my point man. I'm saying that you can't label people FF fanboys because they wear a jacket similar to Squalls. Seeing as though the design of the jacket came out long before Squaresoft was even a thought, and the fact that people may buy that type of jacket who don't even know what the hell FF is. That's just idiotic. No offense to anyone, but think rationally.  

Deadpool615

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Deadpool615
No, your missing my point man. I'm saying that you can't label people FF fanboys because they wear a jacket similar to Squalls. Seeing as though the design of the jacket came out long before Squaresoft was even a thought, and the fact that people may buy that type of jacket who don't even know what the hell FF is. That's just idiotic. No offense to anyone, but think rationally.

But in the recent years, since FFVIII came out no less, there was a raise in popularity of the bomber jacket. I mean, alot of people before FFVIII normally wore that specific design jacket because they were crop dusters, stunt pilots or other things involving planes that leave you exposed to the cooler air outside.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:18 pm
I wear the jacket cause it's durable and warm with new england weather. Ok I'll give you it that I'm sure there are people out there who bought the jacket just because Squall wore it, but honestly, it's been a popular design altogether. I think it was just coincidental that they through the jacket on him anyway. Oh but, I just found an article disproving the fact that people were saying Leon was a copy of Squall. The first character design of Leon S. Kennedy (Who was around before Squall in the first place) wearing the jacket was made in 1998. FF 8 came out in 1999.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RE_4#Development_history  

Deadpool615

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:43 pm
I didn't see anything in that article about the jacket being conceptualized on Leon in 1998. And, okay, forget the jacket. The fact that Enemies drop money, you can use that money to buy, and upgrade weapons... You're given so much ammo that, unless you're completely ******** around, you don't have to worry about Ammo consumption at all. They might as well given him infinite ammo from the get go. RE4 is not Survival and it's not Horror.

I mean, let's take Final Fantasy, for example yes they've made some changes in the gameplay mechanics. But let's say they make a Final Fantasy title, like Dirge of Cerberus... Can you really classify it as an RPG? It's not, it's an action shooter. RPG fans are only gonna play it because they're fanboys of the storyline.
But that was their hook. You bought the game, knowing that it was gonna be a shooter.
Resident Evil 4 went as far as to say that it was Survival Horror, which it's not.

And what's worse, the more enemies you kill, the more ammo you get? That's ridiculous. I mean, in the clasic RE games, let's say when you first start off RE2, you're gonna have to conserve your ammo and even run away from some enemies at the beginning... In RE4, if your best option is to fight, then where's the horror? If you're constantly progressing in a linear motion... That's another thing about that game... It's linear. You're never lost, you know where the next door is, there's no backtracking at all. I mean, too much backtracking isn't good, but in RE1, the mansion... You backtrack plenty and still... It's like... Putting together a puzzle, opening the rooms that were locked before etc. In RE4, there's no real exploring, no mazes, just really lame puzzles.

I sincerely hope that RE5 will actually be "SURVIVAL" and "HORROR". Not "Action" with a hint of "RPG". Oh, another thing about RE4 that resembled an RPG: Yellow Herbs and the ability to expand your life bar.
Somehow, I can imagine Capcom putting in a feature where Chris works out on a barbell and it says, "Your muscles have grown. Your melee attacks do more damage."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Deadpool615
I wear the jacket cause it's durable and warm with new england weather. Ok I'll give you it that I'm sure there are people out there who bought the jacket just because Squall wore it, but honestly, it's been a popular design altogether. I think it was just coincidental that they through the jacket on him anyway. Oh but, I just found an article disproving the fact that people were saying Leon was a copy of Squall. The first character design of Leon S. Kennedy (Who was around before Squall in the first place) wearing the jacket was made in 1998. FF 8 came out in 1999.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RE_4#Development_history

But that doesn't prove Leon had it first. I mean, we weren't shown screenshots from the said time period, and the original RE4 1998-2001 was turned into Devil May Cry. Besides, FF games probably take more time to develop, so back in 1998, hell even 1997 Squall could've had his trademark jacket.  

Elliot Salem

Deadpool615

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:04 pm
I think it's all opinionated really. Personally I've played all the RE games excluding the game boy ones. I think in order to progress, you need to make some changes. I mean I was really getting sick of the same thing in every game, I mean, I liked the direction that Outbreak took too. I think character progression in a game is important and I found myself running out of ammo and away from enemies in RE 4 plenty of times. I enjoyed the change and It didn't have the repetitivity that the first games had that made me get bored after one or two chapters. Like I said though, It's all opinionated.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:09 pm
I just think that if the RE team wanted to progress, they should have just made one more title in the classic style, with it, ENDED the RE series as we know it... And Restarted the series with the Plagas and new characters. That way, at least it wouldn't ruin the storyline.

It's what Mortal Kombat is doing, they finished off MK as we know it with Armageddon, and the next title will be a whole new game, new characters. Something completely separate.

They should have made a final RE title with static cameras, finished off the series. And just started it anew with what RE4 was, except replace Leon, Ada and Wesker with new characters. That way, at least the old series wouldn't be sullied.

EDIT: But we know Capcom isn't the type to do that. I mean, look at Onimusha. Onimusha 3, on the back it said, "FINAL CHAPTER" it was supposed to be the last, but they said, "No, let's change it up and release another one, because there's MONEY in that!"

Capcom is becoming the new EA.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Deadpool615

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:44 pm
Onimusha 3 is the final chapter essentially. The fourth had all new characters and whatnot. Clearly they did something right, because they made one of the most sucessful games in a long time, I mean, when IGN hypes about it AND gives it an awesome score and it doesn't have Halo in the title....but honestly, no matter what, anything thats ever invented, you cant appeal to everyone. Unfortunatley, you just happened to be the one who was against it this time. Enough others liked it to make it a sucessful addition to the series. So they did their job. My suggestion, take it for what it is and don't be so analytical. It's just a game.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:54 pm
But I'm not the only one. Resident Evil is a cult favorite and the most hardcore of fans will tell you that RE4 was a major leap in the wrong direction.

I can't take it for what it is, because what it is, is directly connected to the previous Resident Evil games, and the storyline just ruined them...

In the RE4 Dislike thread I made a paragraph about Final Fantasy... Well it's coming back to this. Resident Evil 4 did for RE what Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus did to Final Fantasy 7. It ruined the story. I just can't sit here, pretending like it never happened.

You can take it for just a game. But Resident Evil was my favorite franchise and Video Games are my life. If you're a casual Resident Evil fan, then sure, it's just a game to you. But I used to adore the franchise. Then RE4 came along.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Deadpool615

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:55 am
Believe me, my friend, I'm definatly a hardcore fan of the RE series, I just seemed to enjoy 4. I've played about as many video games as I could get my hands on so far in my life, and I've played the epitome of absolute crap, and I just don't think this belongs in that category. I loved Advent Children, all my friends did too. I hated Dirge of Cerberus, because it was more cutscene than gameplay, not to mention the gameplay was rather aweful.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 pm
If you're a hardcore fan of the RE series, then how could you possibly say that the classic gameplay style got old. Many people didn't like it because they sucked at it.
Believe me, I've played shitty games too. RE4's gameplay mechanics are solid. But some of its features and its storyline totally ruined Resident Evil.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Faerie-KK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:54 pm
I mean, yeah. From my limited playing experience with the game, I did find that the mechanics were solid, and the storyline (had the characters been different and the ties to RE been severed) was actually a pretty good story, and the game itself potentially fun, and I could like it for that.

But not for what it is (as said before, a direct RE sequel), I couldn't like it. It just went the wrong direction for me... RE is Survival Horror... and, well... from what I've read, seen, and played, the survival part was very lacking, and there was nothing really "horror" about it either...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:09 pm
So... Judging from everything we already know about RE5, there's still a lot we don't know. So I got a question:

What do YOU want to see in RE5?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Faerie-KK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:37 am
I want to see some of the elements from the older games come back, that's for sure. I like that trend so far- bringing Chris back, this "female from a previous game", etc- so I'd like to see some of the familiar weapons, and some of the creatures and characters as well.

And, I miss the T-Virus. And the G-Virus.

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games