Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:06 pm
With a trembling hand, he removed a single photograph and presented it to her. "This.......this is the only photograph of you that I ever owned. I......should have........told you this much sooner," and sighed deeply. The picture was in a wooded area, with a makeshift house in the trees, along with others in the distance. In the center of the picture stood two people, one of a much younger Camthalion, grinning happily, a young women grinning just the same, cradling a small child in her arms. "I am.......I am sorry........my daughter...........forgi---"

Camthalion Amandil was no more.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:39 pm
Marten felt Camthalion's last shudders, felt the heart stop and the lungs cease. He stood for a second, breathing heavily, then opened the door and walked in. Silently he closed Camthalion's eyelids, then pulled the blanket over his head. He turned to Yousei, deep sadness etched on his face. "I'm... I'm sorry."  

Gredar

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Yousei stared down at the photograph and could not feel her hands as she grasped it. He had a.. picture of me...? she thought to herself and tears broke free as she felt the pieces immediately fall into place. It all made sense to her now. There was her mother, and her as a child.... and Camthalion standing beside them with a proud grin. She gritted her teeth as she attempted to hold back her cries, though she simply could not keep herself from letting out a meek whimper as she heard his apology. And then, he was gone...

"No!!!" she exclaimed, without thinking as she saw him slip away through the welling mist in her eyes. Her lips were numb. As she stared into the complacent expression of the man before her, she felt as though she had lost several different people all at once. Her ally, her friend, her guardian, her father... All lost to Death's unforgiving grip in one single, merciless moment. That was it; she had finally lost the struggle. She collapsed on top of the cold figure that was once her father, and wept. No longer was she afraid to let her cries be heard. Tears streamed down her ivory face and pooled on the worn and dirty comforter beneath her. In all of her years, she could not remember crying this much...

Finally, the sun shone on her face and Yousei cursed it. She had wished to be left alone with her father's body, if only to pretend that she still had those few final moments with him. But she knew that she did not. He was gone, and she had no more tears to give. She wiped her eyes and slowly got to her feet to take her leave, keeping her gaze on the door. If she were to look back, that would be it: she would not be able to leave. The door let out a disapproving creak as she shut it, and she pulled a handkerchief from her pocket to wipe her face, though she did not look at it. It held her father's blood...

~~~

Karasu watched the scene take place before her and it had dawned on her. She had always suspected this to be true.. As she saw her master collapse on the body of her ally, she could not help but permit her draconian eyes to water before she turned away. She could not allow herself to shed tears now. Not yet. For now, it was Yousei's turn. She would need Karasu to be calm and composed as she always was. She would have her turn to cry...

(Sorry, Gredar. I didn't even see your post... Maybe we can pretend that you comforted Yousei after she left the room)..?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:22 pm
Marten followed Yousei outside. He saw Karasu out of the corner of his eye and was struck by inspiration. "Karasu, can you get her to climb on your back? There's a silent oasis on the top of a small mountain not far from here where she can be alone."  

Gredar

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:25 pm
Miles looked to Yousei, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You gonna be Okay kid?" He watched her face, glancing inside to the covered Corpse. He sighed deeply and shook his head. "Don't answer now if you don't want to, but what did he say to you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:07 pm
Yousei tucked the stained handkerchief back into her pocket and quietly received condolences from the others. She did not feel like speaking. Her voice was hoarse, and her mouth felt as though it had been sewn shut. She stared at the sand blowing in the wind, as she tried her best to keep her mind void of all thoughts, for if she were to allow herself to think at all, it would only be about how little she knew the only parent she had had left. This she knew, so she kept silent. She walked over to Karasu, though she did not look up for fear of her thoughts returning to her. Instead, she merely trudged slowly onward toward her beloved guardian and stood before her, shaking violently. Her eyes threatened to water again as thoughts slowly crept back up into her mind, but she tried her best to discard them as she leaned against the wall of the cabin and allowed her knees to buckle. Slowly, she slid down and hid her face in her tightly-folded arms. It suddenly occurred to her that she had gone the entire night without rest, and she felt herself drifting off..

~~~

Karasu watched her master collapse beside her and in turn, the dragon lay down by her side. Her face gently caressed the Elf's arm once before she merely watched her sit in that anguished position. She looked to Marten as he sent her his message and heaved a quiet sigh before replying, somewhat curtly, ~I suppose that would be good for her. Thank you.~ She then spoke to Yousei in a soothing, almost maternal voice, ~Yousei... Would you like to be alone? There's an oasis near here. I think you might feel better if we stay there for a while so that you may rest.~

Yousei slowly looked up and nodded, but refrained from speaking, ~All right...~ With much effort, she got to her feet and mounted her dragon. She looked to Miles and Marten and Camthalion's final instructions echoed through her mind, but she still could not speak to tell Miles what was said about him...

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gredar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:16 pm
Marten spread his wings. "Follow me, it isn't far." He turned to Miles. "I'm going to show them a quiet place for Yousei to grieve, then I'll be back. Miles, Witium might be dangerous. The spell that revived Camthalion may have corrupted his spirit. I need you to go to the inn where he's at and make sure he doesn't try to leave." He felt guilty ordering Miles around like that, but he didn't have time. With a lurch, he launched himself into the air and led the way north towards the rocky outcropping that concealed the oasis. When it came into sight he turned. "Keep her safe. If there's any trouble call me and I'll bring the others. Wheeling, he began the return journey.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:21 pm
Miles let a smile flicker a few times, broken by hard frowns as he held back tears. He nodded to her and looked to Karasu forcing one more smile. He stepped back against the cabin waiting for Yousei and Karasu to leave.
Once gone he sunk against the building, drawing his hood and staring down at his feet. His breath shook as he shifted his gaze upward.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:45 pm
Karasu beat her wings against the ground, creating clouds of sand on either side of her in the process, before leaping into the sky after Marten. Yousei watched in silent bemusement as Miles grew smaller and smaller and was soon completely gone from sight. She had not given much thought to how long they had been flying, but it seemed to her as though it had only lasted a few seconds before she felt solid ground beneath them once more. Karasu had already landed by the small oasis and she bent low for Yousei to climb down. After a moment, it seemed to register with her that they had arrived and she made her way to the oasis to sit idly in its shoreline. Though she had passed right by him, Yousei had paid no mind whatsoever to Marten. Karasu sat and looked to him, her usual regal expression holding a bit more warmth than usual, ~Thank you.~ She gave him a curt nod before turning toward her grieving master to watch her stare at her reflection in the water's edge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:06 pm
A sage-green cloaked figure appeared out of some of the vegetation around the oasis. On its back was a massive blade wrapped in a canvas cloth.

"So, that's what all the noise was about."  

EvangelionValentine

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:48 pm
Yousei sat there, running her fingers through the soft sand beneath the water's edge. It was soothing against her skin. She needed soothing... though she did not feel distressed. Perhaps the effects of having a hollow mind was contagious for the rest of her, as she now felt entirely numbed. All that she could feel was the cold water against her skin, and the soft sand between her fingers. Perhaps, she needed to feel it, if only to feel something...

A voice seemed to echo, though it was coming from somewhere close by. She slowly looked up from her somber reflection to see a cloaked stranger emerge from the shadows. She was not apprehensive, though she vaguely noticed the enormous blade on his back. Still, she said nothing and returned to her meager hobbies in the water's edge.

~~~

Karasu noticed the stranger emerge and was rather irritated by this intrusion. ~Who are you?~ she inquired of him with little patience.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 pm
Marten swooped low over the town, landing at the inn. The room price was almost exorbitant, which surprised him. In a town this small, why would they have rooms only the wealthy could afford. Grudgingly he placed much of his remaining gold on the counter before heading back into the sparse room. He set his bag down and began to search for Witium. He muttered a spell and quickly located him across the hallway. He could already see the scars, but whatever damage and corruption had been done was permanent. He shook his head. There was nothing more to be gained here. Scanning the street with a spell, he leapt silently from the window and began to fly towards the oasis. A second spell dimmed his outline, making him invisible in the dim morning sun. He felt guilty sneaking off like this, but Miles was the jealous type and there was no way Marten could carry him up to the oasis. Without the corrupting influence of Sagor's mind he no longer wanted to seduce her, but he still did want her. With a resigned sigh he winged his way back to the oasis.  

Gredar

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 am
Witium sat up in his bed after a few more hours of rest. He stretched and yawned. With a smile he quickly got out of bed and put his armor on, "Ahh, finally good rest for a change." The elf straightened out his long blonde hair after cleaning it and headed out. His destination was the hospital tent a few blocks away.

He opened the front door and peered in. It was dimly lit and he could barely see anything within it. Slowly he he wandered over to his friends body and knelt down, "So, ya feelin any better today?" Something was odd tho, no response and no whispers of breath. A sternness apeared on the elf's face as he checked for breath and a pusle from multiple places on Camthalion's body. Deep breathes spewed from his mouth as he tightened his fists and grit his teeth. With a shout of anger he picked up Camthalion's corpse up by his collar and shook him, "NO, you can't die! I gave up too much for you to simply die! Why didn't you fight threw it, WHY?" A deep sense of blind hate and betrayal overwhelmed Witium. His fist struck at Camthalion's lifeless body in anger. A purple glow appeared over his eyes as he slapped his palm on Camthalion's chest and began to yell in a fit of anger, "DAMN YOU!" Soon, part of Camthalion's chest would decay into nothing more then dust.

Witium breathed deep as he threw his companion's body back into his death bed. He stared at his hand and then at Camthalion's slightly dissolved chest. Quickly he withdrew his third and last resurrection potion. It had saved lives but not his own. Giving them away had stolen his own chance for survival. "No more, no more will I waste my time with the weak so they can simply die off moments later." The potion began to bubble and then evaporate. With a a tightening of his hand he crushed the bottle and watched as the green vapor flew off into the sky.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:45 am
Miles threw himself to his feet, spinning into the room and wrapping his arms tightly around Witium's shoulders. He pulled him back and shook his head. "Calm down," Miles spoke quietly, pulling the elf from the room and closing the door with his foot. He released Witium and watched him carefully, his fists clenched by his sides.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:26 am
Witium gritted his teeth as he spoke with an acid tongue, "What do you want human? Here to poke fun at my failure? Here to let out another quick witty retort?!" He drew his blades and bent his legs at the knee's, "Well just try it human and see how far you can get with your tongue still in your mouth before I CUT IT OUT!" He breathed deep as he fumed with blind hate.

All he wanted to now was hate and loath. Clarity had died off in his mind. It was now filled with spite and rage. His patience was down to zero and so was his logical thinking.  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games