Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Back to Guilds

The final chapter in the Persona 4, FES, and Golden - RP Guild Trilogy! No prior knowledge necessary! 

Tags: Persona 4, Megami Tensei, Roleplay, Persona 3, Persona 5 

Reply *~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*
::Out-of-Character Forum:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 am
I've got enough games on my list... XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 am
Effectively bought a 360 off an old school friend plus a stack of games for 300. I've been meaning to get a 360 for a while now, so I figured why not? ^^
Now I just need to wait until I get paid next week.

stickdude

Generous Informer

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 am
Indeedibly. o wo You'll probably want to get an Xbox Live subscription while you're at it; unless you're *really* dedicated to single-player, the 360 is big on having friends and doing stuff online.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 am
Dude. I pretty much NEVER do online multiplayer on console. I'd only get one for downloadable stuff and sharing communities, such as those in Trials Evolution and Forza 4.
I mean come on, do you really think I'd miss out on being able to plaster my favorite car with MLP graphics? XD

stickdude

Generous Informer

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:05 am
...Hard to say. o wo Just thought you might want to keep that in mind, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 am
It's something I plan to do, yes.
Now I just need to track down a number of games... Tenchu Z and DOA 4, to name a few.

stickdude

Generous Informer

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 am
Good luck. o wo b You should be able to find them eventually, as long as they're not ridiculously obscure or anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 am
Not obscure, no. most are just a bit old now, so at least they'll be cheap.
All else fails, I haven't been on eBay in a while. XD

stickdude

Generous Informer

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 am
Just gotta make sure the game's okay for your region, right? I have no idea how Microsoft handles that sort of thing, so... XD; Good luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 am
Oh don't worry. I've been buying games off eBay since the PS2 era, I know a thing or two about region locks. XD
Just disappointed I was never able to get my hands on the .Hack//GU games because they were never brought over here. And despite the fact that mod-chips are perfectly legal here, it's hard to find a trustworthy place to do it, and I have a horrible fear of soldering irons. ^^;

stickdude

Generous Informer

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 am
Well, they're only so-so anyways. XD; The games suffer from some plot problems on occasion... for example, if you train reasonably well, you can absolutely *crush* your opponents in the Arena matches... and then it goes to a cutscene where they're overwhelming you.

EVERY FREAKING TIME.

Throughout, like, all three of the games. D< Aaaaaaargh!

Still pretty fun in their own way, but... there were definitely things they could have improved on.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am
Yeah, so people have told me. I just heard about them in the peak of my .Hack stage in highschool.
Isn't that a trope or a sub-trope? Win in game, lose in the following cutscene?

stickdude

Generous Informer

Necromonium
Crew

Hopeful Conversationalist

11,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 am
stickdude
Yeah, so people have told me. I just heard about them in the peak of my .Hack stage in highschool.
Isn't that a trope or a sub-trope? Win in game, lose in the following cutscene?

"That Battle didn't count'
"Cutscene power to the Max"
"Heads I win, Tails you Lose'
?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:36 am
Those are the ones. Thanks Necro. XD

stickdude

Generous Informer

Rednal
Crew

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 am
I think so. XD It just... I think the game was designed with the plot assuming you would always be at *exactly* the right level for each part to be a real challenge or something, but the way it came across was constantly implying that you were far weaker than you actually happened to be. No matter how much you trained, no matter how good you get, the game assumed that enemies you just crushed (in, like, two hits) were overwhelming you.

Mood Whiplash, among other things... ^^; It's particularly jarring because you're usually supposed to "win" the fight somehow. It'd be a lot better if your character looked kind of tired, but so did the opponent, as if they were having a hard time and were finally managing a counterattack or something. But... nope.

At least the games had Alkaid and Aina...  
*~::Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 FES - The Golden::~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 2476 2477 2478 2479 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games