Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 pm
Well, turns out there's school tomorrow. They'll just hand out bottles of water at the door. Damn. emo

And I played DDR Supernova a lot, Time Crisis 3, Initial D and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection. Our arcade is pretty small, but it has a few really good games. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 pm
Okay, so you drink bottled water, but... The smell of sewage won't be an issue? Or are you from New Jersey, where it always smells like sewage.

xd j/k Geez, you'd think I was a New Yorker.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:27 am
Thee Stranger
Actually, I think the spirit thing that Ash was always running from was revealed in Evil Dead 2. And that was the ******** up monster head thing with all the other heads and s**t on it that tried to grab Ash, and then Ash stabbed it in the eye with the chainsaw. It was a spirit up until then, but if you remember, in Evil Dead 2 they cast that spell to manifest all the spirits into the flesh so they could all be sucked into the portal and s**t.

Err.. Vigoro? I was actually referring to Ramirez, but yeah...

Well, okay, maybe not so much what is scary per se. More like what is horror, I guess. The core elements that make it what it is. What truly scares you may be subjective, but there are certain conventions to it that are universal.

And I have to agree that horror in its purest form is basically the macabre. Like, "the horrors of war". Horror being blown up babies and watching your buddies die right in front of you and s**t. All the death and the corpses and decay. But I don't so much agree that terror is just a "boo!" thing. Terror is the feeling you'd have as you abruptly began plummeting downward at 3,000 feet in an airplane, and you were suddenly faced with the harsh reality that you were only a few moments away from dying a very horrible and bloody death as you were about to be crushed and mangled and ripped into bloody bits upon impact. And if you somehow managed to survive the initial impact, your entire body would be splattered and charred in firey jet fuel from the ensuing fireball. That's pure, unadulterated terror right there. Of course, there's really no way a videogame could possibly evoke that kind of genuine feeling of intense panic... so maybe "boo!" tactics are the closest thing. Still, I don't know if I'd call that terror. I'm not sure what you'd call it, other than a scare.

ah i gotcha. you know what started me on my tangent though? my government professor xD we got on the very same subject and i was talking about horror movies and he started with that whole "but was it horror or terror?" i tried to tell him that terror is defined within in the same realm because something terrifying can be horrifying. so why bother bringing it up if i agreed with you guys to begin with?

i just wanted to see what you guys would say haha. and it only proved my professor was wrong haha. well partially xP it was fun hearing the different perspectives.

oh and bio............OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! THATS FREAKING AWESOME! biggrin the toilet creeped me and grossed me out at the same time xD i loved the peering through the window view too. omg....that brings back memories.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:06 am
Hehehe. Makes me feel all that much more accomplished.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hehehe. Makes me feel all that much more accomplished.

render a pyramid head! xD do eeeeeeeeeet xD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm
We'll see.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm
Yeah, really. Can we do requests, Bio? Like, I totally want to see you do a 3D REndering/REcreation of the S.T.A.R.S. team portrait in RE2. xd Maybe with the characters rendered in the cel-shaded style of your Goku. You could even make the guys pictured who were in RE0 look like they did in RE0! s**t, I'd pay you to make that for me.

Chase: You mean Sephiroth or Cloud? xD

But Ramirez was like a total clone of Sephiroth, just in terms of style and personality. That whole part where he was gonna rip the crystal out of Fina... when I first played it, I was seriously getting pissed because I totally thought he was going to kill her. Not pissed about the fact that Fina would die, just the fact that it would have been such a shameless rip-off of the whole Sephiroth-kills-Aeris deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:56 pm
I'm getting somewhat confortable with making characters now, but I still haven't gotten back into rigging and posing them. Last time I did it, it was so tedious. At this point, if you wanna be making REquests, I think I'd rather recreate the whole STARS office, or another awesome room in RE. Any requests like that?

BTW, here's a quickie I made today. I was experimenting with the lighting, and I think it turned out really well.

User Image  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:05 pm
Got a new video up; will have another up very soon. =D

Especially Take Candy From Strangers

If you watch this and wonder...Well, the answer is yes lol. I'm not proud of what I did, but it had to be done.

Damn, where did Notte go again? She's on an absence streak. Um, whip cracks? Isn't that her magical summoning word? Hehe.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 pm
Oh my god. I was already in love with Fallout 3. But now I've fallen completely head-over-heels. Why? Because it has a direct reference to Snatcher!

When I first went to the Minefield for one of the missions in the Wasteland Survival Guide quest, I stumbled upon a house called "Gibson House". Now, being that I'm a huge fan of Snatcher, it automatically came to mind. Even the house's architecture looked quite similiar to Gibson's house in Snatcher, but I thought nothing of it at first, chalking it up to coincidence. But then, there were two neighboring houses: The "Gillian House" and the "Benson House". Now that's quite a coincidence. Gillian Seed, Jean Jack Gibson, Harry Benson and Benson Cunningham are all characters in Snatcher. Right then I was thinking, "Is this a Snatcher reference or just a huge coincidence?" Because then I found another house called the "Zane House". There's no character in Snatcher named Zane as far as I know. So anyway, I picked the locks, went through all the houses, looted anything of value, and moved on with my life.

Today I'm out exploring the map, just kinda ******** off, when I stumble across this building. When I get in there, I hear this dude screaming. I run down the corridor only to find his corpse... with his head cut off, resting in front of his lap. When I hover over the corpse, turns out his name is Gibson! In Snatcher, you find Gibson's corpse in the exact same state.

User Image
User Image

So I search the body, and he's got "Gibson's Key" and a note on him which reads "Search the House!" In Snatcher, when you search Gibson's corpse, you find both Gibson's Key and a note with this exact same message. So I went back to the Minefield and went through Gibson's House again... and inside, there's a miniature model house! I can't believe I missed it the first time. So I unlocked it with Gibson's key, and got some nice loot out of there.

So you probably might have guessed that in Gibson's House in Snatcher, he also has a little miniature house. Although in Snatcher, there's nothing inside of it when you search it. It only serves to throw players off, thinking that Gibson's note meant to search the miniature house, when he really meant to search his house for his PC88 computer terminal so that you can read the contents of the floppy disk you find in his desk (the exclamation point on the note in Snatcher is made up with the read and write holes of a floppy disk).

User Image

I mean, there's lots of references and homages in Fallout 3, but this probably the most elaborate of them. And it's something nobody would catch or think anything of, unless they played Snatcher.

Holy ********, man. It made my day!  

Thee Stranger

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:34 pm
Bio, a REcreation of the S.T.A.R.S. office would be very cool.

Pretty interesting film, Chase. xd You look nothing like I imagined you. And were you on crack during filming, per chance?

And sorry for the double post.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:18 pm
Dude, where IS this building? I went to the gibson house, but I just assumed that I'd need to get my lockpick skill up for the little toy house. But since there's a key... Where is it?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:00 pm
Thee Stranger
Bio, a REcreation of the S.T.A.R.S. office would be very cool.

Pretty interesting film, Chase. xd You like nothing like I imagined you. And were you on crack during filming, per chance?

And sorry for the double post.

Lol, how did you imagine me? And no, I wasn't lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:59 pm
Bio- RE room requests huh? how about the main hall room that the team runs into when they first enter the mansion? or maybe the half end of the dining room that has.....what was it a chimney? i dont remember. and the rendering of those oranges looked real enough to eat...............speaking of oranges...*scrumbles through the fridge to get some orange juice*

Chase- hahha wtf? xD my favorite part was when you grabbed the hersey and said "...watch it dangle". the video was so random it actually made me laugh a few times.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:45 am
Well, I'd rather recreate rooms from the olde RE games, like, something that's only been available with the old school graphics, taking that and making it all super detailed... I mean, to remake something from the remake, I gotta say, I can't imagine doing a better job than they already did.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games