Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 722 723 724 725 726 727 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:44 pm
Yeah, but still. Think of it this way... Imagine like various different possible futures. I mean, you got the Terminator 3 canon, the Sarah Connor Chronicles canon, which are separate. And this ending is like a third possible canon. It's like the "Good Ending" to a video game whose sequel follows the "Normal Ending". Too bad there isn't a bad ending. But I guess that's pretty much T3.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:17 pm
Chase Me To The End
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I'm very skilled with my foreign tongue.

Some would say your accent is your best accessory, though this is debatable with women.

Is it... Master debatable?

@SaintChaos: Yes, grandma.

Nope. Debates with women are more passionate and heated. Sweat will fly as your penetrating gazes lock onto each other in hate fueled ecstasy. Needless to say, it's more of a her hands on experience.

@Saint Chaos: F*** yeah, Scorpio rules!

is that why us women love wesker? because of his penetrating gaze? hahaha lol yeah i totally went there. i couldnt resist xD

oh and Bio, don't tempt me by calling you "sunny". I swear to God though that one day when I'm in my 70's-90's im going to nickname myself Gamer Granny. I swear to GOD I will hahaha. but anyway yeah I played the Left 4 Dead demo on xbox live. i LOVE the melee weapons! especially the machete. you just run up to those ******** and hack the crap out of them. i can't tell you how many limbs were lost do to my crazed run-around-and-slam-em frenzy. xD so much blood. I LOVE IT! im tempted to actually get it.....uh....eventually.

you know speaking of Wesker, due to a random screenshot on deviantart apparently the upcoming Lost Planet 2 game has Wesker from RE 5 as an unlockable character if you pre-order the game. I s**t you not. Wesker Madness give it a looksee. i mean like...wtf capcom? at least its not Leon as an unlockable xD hahah i can't wait to eventually go to my friends house to watch her play, and or play with her on Darkside Chronicles.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 pm
Well, Lost Planet 2 just made half its sales from Resident Evil fanboys and fangirls.
I remember a while back there were rumors on some game... Crackdown I think it was... Before it was released, there were rumors that it came with an RE5 demo (even though it's not even a Capcom game), and RE fanpeoples went nuts, going, "I'm gonna get this game, so I can play the demo!"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:58 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, Lost Planet 2 just made half its sales from Resident Evil fanboys and fangirls.
I remember a while back there were rumors on some game... Crackdown I think it was... Before it was released, there were rumors that it came with an RE5 demo (even though it's not even a Capcom game), and RE fanpeoples went nuts, going, "I'm gonna get this game, so I can play the demo!"

lol no argument there. if i speak with a honest guilt, though it probably doesnt come as a surprise. i would probably get LP 2 JUST to play as Wesker haha. what can i say? its one of my obsessions xD ive always heard about Lost Planet though and it looked cool when the first one came out. guess i could always rent it and give the first one a shot to see how it goes.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:05 am
Well, Metal Gear Solid is my favorite game series (since Resident Evil plummeted from grace) and you don't see me forking out money on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In fact, I didn't even think it was worth keeping my Wii for it.
Although to be fair, playing as Wesker in Lost Planet... At least he probably isn't gonna teleport around or act like a douchebag. Since he probably doesn't have dialogue. So it's probably the best version of RE5 Wesker. But that's still not saying much.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:51 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, Metal Gear Solid is my favorite game series (since Resident Evil plummeted from grace) and you don't see me forking out money on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In fact, I didn't even think it was worth keeping my Wii for it.
Although to be fair, playing as Wesker in Lost Planet... At least he probably isn't gonna teleport around or act like a douchebag. Since he probably doesn't have dialogue. So it's probably the best version of RE5 Wesker. But that's still not saying much.

true...true. you know I never DID get into the Metal Gear Solid series. Guess its not really my taste or something. Just never cared for it. I do recognize it as a highly loved series and a good one at that. Never got into the Splinter Cell series either. I wanted to, but just never did.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:43 am
Well, I never got into Devil May Cry.
I think it's kinda stupid when people think that they HAVE to play every good video game there is. There's a ton of great video games out there, and it doesn't make you or me any less of a gamer if we don't play one or two of the really good ones. Heck, I didn't play Tomb Raider until last year.
Never got into Shadow of the Collossus or Ico, Jak and Daxter, Hitman, Fatal Frame, or any FPS. I've been meaning to get the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy, though.

Point is... Well, let's just say, if you manage to find the time to become a fan of EVERY good game series out there... It's not exactly something to brag about. I love games to death, but I still take the time in my life to do productive things.
Anywho, I wasn't crazy about Splinter Cell. I tried getting into it. I have to stop and say, "Okay, which button does this? Okay, this one. Now which button? Okay that one."
It's one of those games that has TOO many functions I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:59 pm
So Nemesiscv over at The Horror is Alive ripped the Darkside Chronicles OST for everyone's listening enjoyment! And here it is!
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles OST

Unfortunately since it's a game rip the tracks just have generic names (like Bio2 - Atmos1), but you can always rename them.

So far, they really did a good job with the music. You'll hear old favorites redone in a lovely orchestrated fashion. I especially love the way they did The Front Hall. It's so haunting...

And the atmospheric tracks they added to the game are really creepy. It's awesome. I especially like Bio2 - Atmos3.

Edit: In case you can't tell at first, I'll try to add which tracks are the famously redone ones. Example:

Memory of a Lost City (RE2 Scenario):

Track 29: The Front Hall

Track 35: The First Malformation of G

Track 36: The Second Malformation of G

Track 38: The Underground Laboratory

Track 39: Escape From Laboratory

Track 40: The Third Malformation of G  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 pm
I gotta say, I was trying to be optimistic about the soundtrack, but so far... Track 29 is not an improvement on the original. Now, the worst part is, if you listen to the original Front Hall music, at about 26 - 28 seconds, that part, that's my favorite part of the track. And they totally omitted it.

The others are alright, but they've done nothing for the music. If you listen to this, you might as well listen to the improved original versions.
What I liked about the Umbrella Chronicles soundtrack, was that the tracks that were remade, had a completely different tone. They felt like industrial remixes. Not just plain old remakes.
Now, if they were to create an RE2 remake, like the original Remake, this music would be alright (with the exception of leaving out the best part of Front Hall), but for a rail shooter...
Well, let's just say, it's not worth keeping this music around, when you can listen to the original. It's too similar, but not an improvement.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I gotta say, I was trying to be optimistic about the soundtrack, but so far... Track 29 is not an improvement on the original. Now, the worst part is, if you listen to the original Front Hall music, at about 26 - 28 seconds, that part, that's my favorite part of the track. And they totally omitted it.

It's still there, it's played on piano. It's just quiet. *just listened to it* Starts at about 21 seconds.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm
Well, I couldn't hear it. So if it is there, it's WAY too quiet.
Maybe the guy who ripped it didn't have all the streams recording... Maybe he recorded Mono, and the tune played in the other side.
Either way, the difference between this and the original is mundane, so there's really no point in listening to it over the original.
At least Umbrella Chronicles brought something new music wise.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I never got into Devil May Cry.
I think it's kinda stupid when people think that they HAVE to play every good video game there is. There's a ton of great video games out there, and it doesn't make you or me any less of a gamer if we don't play one or two of the really good ones. Heck, I didn't play Tomb Raider until last year.
Never got into Shadow of the Collossus or Ico, Jak and Daxter, Hitman, Fatal Frame, or any FPS. I've been meaning to get the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy, though.

Point is... Well, let's just say, if you manage to find the time to become a fan of EVERY good game series out there... It's not exactly something to brag about. I love games to death, but I still take the time in my life to do productive things.
Anywho, I wasn't crazy about Splinter Cell. I tried getting into it. I have to stop and say, "Okay, which button does this? Okay, this one. Now which button? Okay that one."
It's one of those games that has TOO many functions I think.

But I DIDN'T think or say that I had to play every single good game out there. I got on the subject because you were already talking about it, and then Splinter Cell came to mind.

Either you misunderstood what I was saying, or you didn't read my post thoroughly. But don't take that as an insult. I'm not trying to make it as an insult. sweatdrop Just read more carefully what I say? ^^;

Canas- thanks for posting the music. totally downloading that right now!  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:31 am
I never for a second took that as an insult. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I never for a second took that as an insult. sweatdrop

alrighty. just making sure. cuz i felt that might have come off a bit....uh..bitchy? lol  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm
I'm just saying, I'm not one of those people who's gonna say, "WHAT! You haven't played that game!? What's wrong with you!?"
If you never end up playing Metal Gear Solid, awesome as it may be, it's fine.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 722 723 724 725 726 727 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games