Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm
Said what? "US'ers"? I'm still pretty sure that was Notte... considering the fact that I just went back and double-checked and all.

I read your post, Bio. And I know that you're up in Canada, and that you guys have your Thanksgiving earlier. And I'd love me a Jill Sandwich too. I'd take it over a turkey any day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:00 pm
Ah, my bad.
The best part about Canadian Thanksgiving is that it's not on any particular date, but rather on the second Monday of October. That means that it's always a three day weekend.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:56 am
Canas Renvall
Whoo! Good times ahead!

My brother's 21st birthday was in July, and ever since he was a kid he's wanted to go to Vegas, but we weren't able to go then and this is the first time he's been off for college all year.

So, school tomorrow, then our Thanksgiving break starts. We had Thanksgiving yesterday with the family, so we didn't miss it. razz And I'm getting picked up and we're going straight to the airport then. It'll be me, my parents and grandparents, my brother, his girlfriend and a few of his friends. 8:00 PM flight (I get out at 2:40, the airport is an hour or two away, and it'll take a while to get through all the security and stuff), so we'll get to fly in seeing Las Vegas all lit up at 9:00 PM Pacific time. It'll be awesome. biggrin

freaking sweet! good luck Canas <3 so your bro is turning 21 eh? i remembered when i turned 21. oh man got drunk (who could have seen that coming?) *cough* sarcasm *cough* hahah but yeah. it was fun. spent time with family and friends and what have you's.

Bio- lol man i love getting drunk with friends. one of the rare few times i will. so i beg to ask, what TYPE of drunk are you? like for say, you a happy drunk? angry drunk? the "HEEEEEEEEY HEEEEEEEEEY......come here" type of drunk? xD im a happy drunk. smile

Notte- welcome back smile

Quote:

You crazy Americans. Thanksgiving is long past.
Though I wouldn't mind a turkey sandwich. Or a... Jill Sandwich.
In fact, I'd stuff her like a thanksgiving turkey. Oh yes, I went there.
rofl rofl rofl

Everyone, just wanted to wish an early HAPPY THANKS GIVING! Hope the gobblers feed you well. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:22 am
Biohazard EXTREME
You crazy Americans. Thanksgiving is long past.
Though I wouldn't mind a turkey sandwich. Or a... Jill Sandwich.
In fact, I'd stuff her like a thanksgiving turkey. Oh yes, I went there.

I've never been a huge turkey fan. But that Jill Sandwich sounds scrumptious. I'd definitely spread my mayonnaise on that.

@TheeStranger: How far did you get through it? Cause I have to say, five worlds in, I'm a little disappointed by it's challenge. There have been a few obstacles hard to overcome, but not many. Finding and obtaining all the star coins has been a cinch, and I also acquired 99 lives w/o even trying lol.

That being said, the old school factor is awesome (Though I never really cared for the koopalings. I always thought they took opportunities away to incorporate cooler bosses, such as in Galaxy). I cannot wait to try the multiplayer with my friend this Friday.  

King of Paradise

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 am
Thee Stranger
You're not a US'er, Notte? I thought you lived in Boston for some odd reason...

But yeah, I am totally psyched for another opportunity to gorge myself in commemoration of the mass genocide of our country's indigenous people. 3nodding

Thanks, Vankala!! It's good to be back.

I did say it, and I am a US'er! I just wanted to be sensitive to our touchy out-of-country pals. I thought I was being nice. surprised .

I live outside of Boston, but go to University in the western part of the state. Yes indeedy doo. I'm stuck at work until 5 today, and then I get to make the 2 hour drive to the east coast of the state. Traffic on days like these suuuck. Big time. But, tomorrow will be worth it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:19 am
SaintChaos
Bio- lol man i love getting drunk with friends. one of the rare few times i will. so i beg to ask, what TYPE of drunk are you? like for say, you a happy drunk? angry drunk? the "HEEEEEEEEY HEEEEEEEEEY......come here" type of drunk? xD im a happy drunk. smile

Well, how do I explain this? I'm like, "Let's have a deep conversation about life in general" kind of drunk. I gotta say, and none of you better take advantage of this... If you want to get the truth out of me, get me drunk.

EDIT: And for all your pleasure. Dino Crisis is now out on the PlayStation Network.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:08 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
SaintChaos

Well, how do I explain this? I'm like, "Let's have a deep conversation about life in general" kind of drunk. I gotta say, and none of you better take advantage of this... If you want to get the truth out of me, get me drunk.

EDIT: And for all your pleasure. Dino Crisis is now out on the PlayStation Network.

no no, that makes perfect sense actually. lol coincidentally i love to get on that type of subject matter myself when im in the mood for it. we'd make an interesting drunk pairing xD talking about philosophy and what not.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:27 pm
Unfortunately, it's not something done over the internet, since I could hardly type.  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:32 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Unfortunately, it's not something done over the internet, since I could hardly type.
haha dude i meant if we met in person or something. i just think the whole situation would be amusing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:52 pm
Yep. But I gotta say, drunken Resident Evil 2 is HARD. I did beat Birkin G-Mutation 1 though. Actually, I was doing okay.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:27 am
Happy Thanksgiving! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:50 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

This is good news, I can finally play it when I get home. I knew I shouldn't have read this in front of my parents, though...

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Anyway, yeah, at Circus Circus right now taking a little break in our room before we hit the town again. We walked the strip today, and my parents, grandparents, etc. went gambling while I spent my day at GameWorks, M&M's World, and the Coca-Cola building (all located conveniently next door to each other). GameWorks (owned by Sega, apparently), was awesome. I played House of the Dead 4 Special, which is a booth that has a TV in front and behind you. You sit in this chair with someone else, buckle up, strap in, grab your gun, and play a tweaked HotD4 with a different story than the original. Turns out, your seat is on a turntable and you're frequently swinging around to the other screen to "look out behind you".

I'd say the highlight of that game was the car ride. I felt like a gangster. xd

Anyway, there was other fun stuff like HotD 2 and 3, MK4, Tekken 4, 5, and Tag Tournament, and old-school cabinets of Galaga, Missile Command, Ms. Pac-Man, and Centipede. It was so much fun! There were a ton of other games but I'm too lazy to list them all.

Also, here at the Circus Circus Midway, I found a game that was free so I basically emptied it of tickets and ended up with 1601. I got a big fluffy "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" pillow, a smaller pillow shaped like a $5 chip, two black fluffy dice, and a Christmas mug for my mom.

Unfortunately, my brother's friend (who came with us) had a problem. His grandpa died this morning. He's doing better though, my brother's girlfriend and my brother have both been keeping him busy with shopping around the strip and gambling so he'll still have fun.

Other than that, though, everything's going smooth as silk. My dad literally just started The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, so I'm gonna go for now! Happy Thanksgiving! biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:23 am
Man, I need to visit Niagara Falls sometime (probaly in the summer). They got some decent arcades there.

So guys, I'm making a small announcement. I've started working on an RPG. I've played around with RPG Maker 2000 before, but never actually completed anything. This time I'll be using RPG maker 2003, so it's got a better combat system, resembling FF6.
The concept, although I'm still sketchy on the details, is something like a combination of Firefly, Ratchet and Clank, and Mass Effect. I really want to make it about going to different planets, and just having a whole bunch of crazy planets with completely different worlds to visit.

All the resources, aside from Music, I'll be making myself in 3D. Since the RPG maker can only handle 2D graphics, it's obviously gonna be rendered 3D, like Donkey Kong Country for the SNES. The models for the characters I'll be using will be something between FF7 and Legend of Dragoon in detail. I could make them better, but I really want to keep this project relatively fast paced so I don't get bored with it. But the screen resolution for RPG maker is only 320 by 240, so the graphics, even in low detail, are still gonna look cool because they'll be pretty small, so you can't really make out large detail on them.
I'm still undecided about cinematics and voice overs. I definitely want some spaceship cutscenes, showing arriving to planets and such. But the dialogue is probably gonna be all in game.
So in that case, I could always go with the good ol' Persona approach, with character torsos appearing behind the text, accompanied by voice overs. I could always find volunteer voice actors at Voice Acting Alliance forums. But, again, I don't know if I'll implement them or not.

The art direction will not be Anime. Instead, I'm going for more of a cartoony look. A little more stylized than DC cartoons.

The level design, I think, will be all rendered, which will make the game look somewhat like Star Ocean 1 or 2.

Umm... Other than that, I don't really have a lot of details about what I wanna do.

Who's gonna play it?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:28 am
When we went to Niagara Falls for my cousin's hockey tournament, the hotel we stayed at overlooked the bridge. Coincidentally, one of the nights we stayed there we saw a bunch of people on the bridge, so we turned on the news. Turns out a guy committed suicide. He might've lived... if he hadn't landed on an iceberg. >_>;

But yes, they do have nice arcades. Mostly on the New York side, if I remember.

And I wanna VA! I've always wanted to try it... sweatdrop

I would play it though, for sure. 3nodding  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:01 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yep. But I gotta say, drunken Resident Evil 2 is HARD. I did beat Birkin G-Mutation 1 though. Actually, I was doing okay.

I once got drunk and attempted to play REmake. That... wasn't a good idea. Because, in my drunken state, I forgot all about Crimson Heads.

I remembered. eek  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games