Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:50 am

Niph has nice white, straight teeth...so did the head we got for lab work on Wednesday.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:33 am

@ Niphy: Wow, curly hair! Pretty~
And those pies look yummy~

Was James the emo one with spiky hair who you went to the Open Day with when you were in that yellow dress?

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:13 pm

ninja
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:33 am

Did the booty call count?

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:59 am

@Liani: No no, I meant if I have a bad dream, which isn't common, they're usually focused on my phobias.

@Niph: I'll have to look later. For some annoying reason, FB has stopped working on this laptop...
I remember James. I remember how perfect he sounded. xD;;
Lol yeah, you can tell Gav's personality from his picture. ^^ Is he a BBC or from HK?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Niphz
He's HKnese, see (:

Ah, he's from Hong Kong? That explains a lot. No wonder he sounds so chivalrous and sophisticated for a Chinese person. xd Is he a UK citizen or an exchange student? If he's a native to Britain, then you're really, really lucky. Most of the Chinese girls I've encountered at University were all exchange students, and if they weren't, they were hanging around with whites. neutral

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:44 am

Wah, so Elf only knew international students and bananas, but no local asians?

That's sad.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:25 am

I find it really hard to become close to people who have only come to England very recently. Usually I get along best with BBCs... just because we have the same culture upbringing - the odd divide between an asian-orientated family home and a white society with your friends, school and teachers, etc. It's so hard communicating with people from China/HK who have a completely different perception and lifestyle... To be honest, I find it rather suffocating when I go back. I feel out of place.

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:25 pm

@ B&B: Really?! I find it really easy to mix with people from China/HK. I find it really hard to become close to British people. They're too busy talking about how Alex Pettifer is hot, while we are yelling that we hate each other because someone else got a higher score than us xD
When you come to my school:
#1: Prepare for lots of Twilight fandom. (I mean, even the 6th form are Twitards! How sad is that?! They're supposed to be proper and educated...
#2: Prepare for the *ahem* questionable assembly speeches of our headmistress.
#3: Prepare to be chased if you're a guy.
#4: Prepare for uber-random conversations if you happen to be part of an asian group.
#5: Prepare for close competition if you happen to be part of an asian group.
#6: Prepare for a lot of painful cat-fighting if you happen to be part of an asian group.
#7: Prepare to yell at each other if you happen to be part of an asian group.
#8: Prepare for the new HK girls who are really nice but always have problems with each other if you happen to be part of an asian group.
#9: Prepare for the Fahrenheit fandom if you happen to be part of an asian group.
#10: Lastly, beware the perverted IT teacher.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Hey guys, posting from iPod, forgive mistakes in typing plz! No the emo dude was Simon, got rid of him ages ago.. How did you know about that?? You weren't even at Badminton then, were you? Anyway.. James is the one that 'sounded perfect', but it turned out that he was useless at life. Not at all like Gavin.. Yeah, I'm really, really into this one, guys. He's awesome. And BBC, yeah - I'd never go out with some freshie! P; what a ridiculous thought.. We would have nth in common xP

I like my teeth biggrin thanks CBC <3

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:12 pm

cold_blooded_chick
Wah, so Elf only knew international students and bananas, but no local asians?

That's sad.

Well, that's how it went for me during my Bachelor's. No doubt there would be a lot of local Chinese in say Medicine, Commerce or Law, but there's hardly any Chinese students in Arts and those that I've encountered have all been exchange students. Plus, Local Chinese, especially girls, seem to hang around with Aussies. neutral I guess the same thing went with me as well. I don't why, but I find it easier talking with Aussie people or Chinese born in Australia than native-born Chinese. Maybe there's too much of a difference in culture?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:33 am

@ Niphy: Simon?
OMGwhatagayname
I don't know which one it was, but I remember I was in year 7 and you know the year 7s always have to hand out the programmes to people on Open Day. I saw you coming in with this guy dressed all in black and I thought it looked kinda emo... And me and my friends were like "WTF?! Is that her boyfriend?! He's not even dressed smartly! His hair looks fried!"
Oh, and I remember emailing you and going "was that your boyfriend you went to Open Day with?" and you said yes, but you broke up with him...

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:33 am

I actually quite like the name Simon.. xD

Yeah, I remember now. James was much later, about October time. Broke up with him in January. And am with Gav now. He's awesome in every way, as I've mentioned.. xD

LV, has school broken up yet? I might come in to visit..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:10 pm

My school breaks up this Wednesday; most private schools do this week. (:

I'm not fond of the name Simon either. xD;; Doesn't matter. I didn't like him much, Niphy. (; Obviously.

Exactement. Nuthin' in common.

It's not so much about what we can talk about, Liani; more about culture understanding.

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Hot damn, then I need to move quickly! I wanted to pop into school and see how the teachers were.. xD

Simon is a nice name! Well, it was before THAT Simon, anyway. xP

I MISS GAVIN! D;
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games