Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Niphz
I actually quite like the name Simon.. xD

Yeah, I remember now. James was much later, about October time. Broke up with him in January. And am with Gav now. He's awesome in every way, as I've mentioned.. xD

LV, has school broken up yet? I might come in to visit..

You've had three boyfriends in the space of a year? And you're still only 19. surprised Man you've certainly had a lot of experience with relationships.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:23 pm

I think Elf is trying to ask Niph for advice~ 3nodding xd

cold_blooded_chick

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:00 am

Nah, Simon was a couple years ago, old news~ P; I dunno, still feel quite inexperienced in comparison to a lot of people I know. Innocent little Niph 4laugh

..okay, even I can't pull that with a straight face. Px

&& why would 'elfy be asking for advice on guys? Unless.. as we've suspected.. he's gay! surprised
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 am

@ Niphy: Erm... School broke up last Thursday... At two, as always.
When I told my mum to pick me up, she goes "since when has school broke up at TWO on a THURSDAY?" And i was like "erm... it always has."

And I was actually planning to have a BREAK. On the first day I slept, and then my mum was like "your piano teacher wants to teach you in the holidays, and HAVE YOU DONE MATHS????????????????????"
I almost died on the spot. I thought I'd gotten rid of that horrible Mozart for 3 weeks crying crying crying crying crying crying
And on top of that holidays just mean having to put up with my sister 24/7...
So far she's punched me twice, bit me once and dug her nail in so hard into my hand that my finger bled, over some stupid sweet that she wanted, which she GAVE me two minutes earlier.
And she hasn't even broken up for her holidays yet crying crying crying crying crying

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:08 pm

Phff. Three boyfriends in the space of one year is nothing, Mini. Wasn't it you who was saying long-term relationships don't last? The average relationship for someone aged between 13 and 16 is a month; for 16- to 18-year-olds, maybe sliiightly longer. Half a year? A year, max. xD

But in all seriousness, most relationships during the teen years are usually fooling around and are not at all serious. Three boyfriends a year for someone our age over here (whether state or private school - it depends on one's personality and opportunity, I suppose) is, if anything, average.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, Simon and James both lasted a little over 2 months, if that's any guidance.. Gav feels more long-term, though. I can't wait to get back to London and see him! Yay! ^__^;

@LV - Hot damn. Well, I'll come some other time.. I'm just chilling for the first couple days P; baked a cheesecake today for fun. xD <3

EDIT :: Wait, yeah, it always broke up at two, wtf lulz <3

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:02 pm

Chibito7
Phff. Three boyfriends in the space of one year is nothing, Mini. Wasn't it you who was saying long-term relationships don't last? The average relationship for someone aged between 13 and 16 is a month; for 16- to 18-year-olds, maybe sliiightly longer. Half a year? A year, max. xD

But in all seriousness, most relationships during the teen years are usually fooling around and are not at all serious. Three boyfriends a year for someone our age over here (whether state or private school - it depends on one's personality and opportunity, I suppose) is, if anything, average.

Well, it's always unsettling to hear stories about people as young as 17 or 18 having had multiple boyfriends/girlfriends, had sex multiple times, got married, gave birth and then subsequently separated or even divorced. To hear of Chinese people going through the same process is even more unsettling, since Chinese families tend to have stricter control of what relationships their children get up to. I agree with you saying that most high school relationships are kiss and giggle, and usually don't become intimate.

And no, I'm not asking Niph for advice on girls, and CERTAINLY not boys! burning_eyes I just think she's much more relaxed about relationships than most Chinese girls.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:30 am

Usually it just stops at the 'multiple relationships and sex' part.. Nothing wrong with gaining a little life experience! To go further would be silly, though P;

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:35 am

I'd be unlikely to get a boyfriend until I was in Uni...
I mean, the stress of trying to stay together with a guy would kill my brain.
Plus, most guys my age turn into chavs, or weirdos with anger issues, until they're about... 17?
Only a week ago this guy in my Chinese class bashed me on the head with his table tennis bat. It's what... the 15422nd time now? I now have a lump on my head AND a bruise on my arm from where he decided to throw a rock he found on the table at me.
Naturally, I threw scissors at him back xD
Oh, and he also smashed a double-glazed window with a desk ninja .

@ Niphy: You can bake cheescakes? And it actually didn't take 5 attempts? I envy you crying .
It always broke up a two, but last term they decided to break up at one, for some reason. Only for one term.
They must have been having mental problems or something...
Oh and Foz and Stinch were running up and down the science corridor taking their anger out on the air, because each only had a third of their class left due to all the boarders leaving early xD It was so funny. Our class were giving each other dodgy looks like "Um... WTF are they doing..."
Hang on... were Simon and James Chinese as well???
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 am

Nah, Simon was British, and James half-blood. I mean, half Chinese. /been reading too much HP xD

Aww, I miss Foz and Stinch. Okay, not Foz quite so much, more just Stinch really. <3

Boys your age are exceedingly irritating, I agree. P;

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Anyone notice the big new change to the Gaia logo? Apparently this site's now owned by Omnidrink. rofl
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 am

Oo, Niph is one of those Asians who can get on with Caucasians? Not that we can't, but sometimes it's like doing a chore when you're trying to make ocnversation, despite probably sharing similar interests.

Why is that...?

cold_blooded_chick

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 am

I'm actually a bit more comfortable talking with white Australians than with other Chinese my age too. At least with people that are a normal of course. Somehow whenever I'm with other Chinese I feel the need to conform to Asian stereotypes, which is quite hard to do. With white people I can sort of forget the fact that I'm a Chinese.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 am

@ Elfy: I'm stereotypical asian anyway, so that's not a problem xD
And since when did the Gaia logo change?
didn't even know what the Gaia logo looked like before

@ Niphy: Hehe. I've been reading too much HP as well. I decided that a bit of light reading would be good after Jane Eyre... I've been reading that book for 2 months and still haven't finished it! It doesn't help that the text is like, size 1 or something as well. I had to borrow my grandparents' magnifying glass the other day because it was giving me a migrane.
Foz's lessons suck. All he does is talk about random stuff, flutter his eyelashes, and flirt with the German girl in our year. I've learnt nothing this year from him.
At least we don't have the pervy ICT teacher any more. I was walking past him at about 5 because i was veeeery late for history due to my over-enthusiastic piano teacher, and he goes "heeloo" in this really creepy voice scream gonk . Pervert.

O.o Elfy put an explosion on his head.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:19 am

ninja
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games