Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The Cult Cast! Episodes doowwn! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CC18! Poll courtesy of David again.
  Yeah but it was a stripped down GAY version
  You have just caged yourself… with your own words.
  No, that’s cause I don’t wanna play Mario Party
  MMM, I’m about to infiltrate this giant field of dicks!
  I don’t wanna be hard on it, and I’m kinda just playing Devil’s Advocate here but it… kinda looks like s**t, kinda looks like a boring shitty game!
  The new tracks are being developed by RARE!
  It’s not flying, it’s falling with style
  I worry about Mario.
  Man… I don’t get 3D… how does it work?
  Can’t say anything! Trenn wins!
View Results

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:54 pm
We really don't advertise much. Only a few of us wield links or banners in signatures or profiles, and yet only a few of those are active outside of the cult. I think there's a guild recruitment forum somewhere here, or at least I thought there is.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 pm
I remember that one time we got about 2 or 3 new members every few weeks or so that started to necro old threads. Then Wayne had to make an announcement about reading the rules. think from there we were slow with getting new members.  

MaverickDrifter

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:16 pm
heck i remember the spotlight of (2007?) and that was probably the worst we had.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:50 pm
The mods really aren't looking to get new members.

And sorry to say, they're probably going to lock the guild so they don't have to watch both.

Also, Digi, we still get new members at that speed. I remember when we'd get ten new members every day.

Gaia is a dumb site, prone to errors, and full of 13 year-olds and *****.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm
[Kegan]
The mods really aren't looking to get new members.

And sorry to say, they're probably going to lock the guild so they don't have to watch both.

Also, Digi, we still get new members at that speed. I remember when we'd get ten new members every day.

Gaia is a dumb site, prone to errors, and full of 13 year-olds and ***** class="clear">

and furries  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm
Oh, no, furries are EVERYWHERE.

To the point that isn't hardly even worth mentioning.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:38 pm
We don't advertise, and last I knew, making the guild "public" meant nonmembers could post in it. I mean, we could do that if you really want to, but I've seen guilds get overrun that way. I suppose it could be good before starting a site, to get more people going, though.

And we just started using tags. But Gaia's guild system is so broken anyway it hardly matters.

And Allegro has valid points. It may not last. We obviously worry about that, too. But like it's been said, we don't advertise the Cult anymore. Most of us come to Gaia TO GO to the Cult, so we don't bother venturing out. There isn't much point in being on Gaia for many of us because the Cult is all we do here. Sure, some people tinker around with avatars, but I know I won't feel too sore about losing them, and I know I"m not alone in that.

But we can advertise. We can spread the word and get members involved. The vision I have at least is a community where a lot of people are involved; not just the people that run it. And I don't just mean contests or special reviews on the site or whatever. -shrug- Already I know of some people of interest that we could talk to. We could talk to people that our community is interested in. Not just a repost of an interview with Iwata translated from German. Not just a guy with a microphone at E3 holding it and talking to someone about a game, covering the same information we've already heard a million times before. Maybe it's foolish hopefulness. It likely is. But if this really worked out, I can't imagine myself being any happier. Really.

I love the Cult. I mean, obviously. I've been with it from the beginning, and I've stayed around. It's obvious that we love to talk about video games. We love to talk about Nintendo. Even if people come and people go, the personality and mood of the Cult stays the same. It's the one place I visit more than any other on the internet. It's my homepage, for crying out loud. I visit it at school, in shame that I'm on Gaia. I dream of a day where I can type in the domain name of a website that I help to run.

It's worth a shot.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 pm
That was GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:00 am
Yup. That was the speech and this is the moment.

*starts slow clap*  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:37 am
*claps faster*
yeah, the people who go to gaia for gaia mainly, are usually dumb, i mean how many have we turned away because of bad typing alone? more than 50 at least. and probably 500 or more total for all other reasons.

one year we threw out the april fools joke and made the cult underground forums, to be honest it didn't feel like a joke, it felt right.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:41 am
For bad typing alone... I think the mods were turning away more than they accepted back in 07 xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:59 am
*starts cheering*

Yeah, we need change. Does anyone have a spare 40p? No but seriously, I just hope that something IS gonna happen. It would be nice if the mods told us more about their plans for a new website and how they're going about his plan.  

Super Cheesio

Al Torrenz

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 am
yea  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 am
Super Cheesio
*starts cheering*

Yeah, we need change. Does anyone have a spare 40p? No but seriously, I just hope that something IS gonna happen. It would be nice if the mods told us more about their plans for a new website and how they're going about his plan.
well... i know too much already, the site host server is between the moon landing set in area 51 and the cure for every disea- *dead*  

Xilo The Odd

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:48 pm
Xilo The Odd
heck i remember the spotlight of (2007?) and that was probably the worst we had.
And that's when I jumped into the Cult. Hell, if I hadn't joined during the spotlight era, I'd probably be a retarded spammer that dwells in the Chatterbox.

And I'm glad that Denko of all people accepted me into the Cult.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games