Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7304 7305 7306 7307 7308 7309 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:18 pm

l-Kriel-l
Meta_Fish
No one liked my lyrics? crying

I liked them!
Are they actually from a song?
Of course not the Skycock part...
Nope. I just wrote them up myself.
I'm surprised you couldn't tell.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 pm

l-Kriel-l
I like how this whole RPG debate started with me asking where I can get a red cap with a blue brim. xd
I just have to argue about stuff. That's a bad flaw of mine.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Denko
Meta_Fish

I laughed hard. They're great. pirate
Thanks, bud.
By the by, I should get my computer back soon. I think tomorrow, but I've been saying that forever. This time I mean it!

teh_n00b_huntr
Denko
Tatsuman
I dunno, Denko. You can only play the same game with a different story for so long.

I guess I'm just one of the very limited number of people that really doesn't mind the mechanics being similar as long as I get a good story.
To tell you the truth it doesn't really bother me at all.
The more a game tries to change the formula of the RPG genre, usually the less I like that game. Major exceptions are Paper Mario 1 and 2.
storyline is what always makes or breaks an RPG for me, if its too dull i just say F*@K it and return the game rolleyes
Well it's obvious that RPG stories are the major appeal. But would it be too much to ask for a little more gameplay for my money?

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Meta_Fish
Denko
Meta_Fish

I laughed hard. They're great. pirate
Thanks, bud.
By the by, I should get my computer back soon. I think tomorrow, but I've been saying that forever. This time I mean it!

TooHyphy

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:22 pm

teh_n00b_huntr
Denko
Tatsuman
I dunno, Denko. You can only play the same game with a different story for so long.

I guess I'm just one of the very limited number of people that really doesn't mind the mechanics being similar as long as I get a good story.
The more a game tries to change the formula of the RPG genre, usually the less I like that game. Major exceptions are Paper Mario 1 and 2.
storyline is what always makes or breaks an RPG for me, if its too dull i just say F*@K it and return the game rolleyes
That's kind of sad.
I mean, what if a game had a really great battle system, or it was something Paper Mario styled in how you did battles, and stuff, and you just didn't like the story so you took it back.

Maybe you should take up reading books. >_>

Meta_Fish
It's like, all genres have made great improvements and gone great lengths from their beginnings, and RPGs just really haven't seemed to. They look better, yet "gameplay" (if we can really call it that) remains the same.

RPGs could be played on DVD players.
BURN.

One of my friends was playing Xenosaga at college, and the long, frequent cutscenes were so bad that we started joking about her actually playing for more than 5 minutes at a time.
I like RPGs, and I'd be annoyed beyond belief if I bought a movie that called itself a game.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TooHyphy

Ribbin

Ribbin! surprised

Ribbin
XDDDDDDDD
I love you.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:23 pm

lol @ MGS4's 90 minute cutscenes.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Tatsuman
Well it's obvious that RPG stories are the major appeal. But would it be too much to ask for a little more gameplay for my money?
Or like... any? I'm not sure I categorize going through menus and selecting things "gameplay." Walking around is gameplay at its dullest.

I need something to keep me interested. Give me goals in battle.

It's like something I read about Super Mario Bros' coins. They're just little additions to keep you interested as you keep going. Think about how boring Sonic or Mario may seem without coins. You would just run around and jump over/on bad guys, and get powerups.

l-Kriel-l
I'm crossing my fins. (LUL)

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Zephyrkitty
One of my friends was playing Xenosaga at college, and the long, frequent cutscenes were so bad that we started joking about her actually playing for more than 5 minutes at a time.
I like RPGs, and I'd be annoyed beyond belief if I bought a movie that called itself a game.
Amen.

Regulust
lol @ MGS4's 90 minute cutscenes.
Are you serious.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Meta_Fish
teh_n00b_huntr
Denko
Tatsuman

That's kind of sad.
I mean, what if a game had a really great battle system, or it was something Paper Mario styled in how you did battles, and stuff, and you just didn't like the story so you took it back.

Maybe you should take up reading books. >_>

well unfortunatly the gamer demographic as a whole isnt interested only in gameplay when it comes to RPG's they also want an acceptable storyline to go along with it and to provide some kind of depth.

and i do read books. lol

teh_n00b_huntr

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:27 pm

This really makes me want to curse out loud.

I almost had you!
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7304 7305 7306 7307 7308 7309 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games