Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 pm
Hi guys.

Great debate. I read all of it. Don't want to add anything deep, though. I'm a Nintendo and Sony fanboy. But to be honest, I'm pretty sure I'm a fanboy of every system ever made even if I never played it before. How can I not be as a video game enthusiast?

@Bio: Drop the metal aspect, and you can become as awesome as Pink Floyd (Or at least be in the same genre lol). Goods news on the student film too. I is happy for ya.

@Elena: Saint Chaos? Anyways, I'm gonna rent the Grudge Wii game next week. I'll give you a review then. =D. I'm excited, even if it did got a lot of negative reviews.

My lappy had a problem...My movie Sort of Extreme got trashed.

crying Bye bye awesome debut. Oh well...My friend and I will be doing our Christmas specials next. Brace yourselves.

Uhh, anything else?

Ooh, my friend and I will be looking into getting our own apartment next spring. I'm pretty excited about that.

I wish I can come on more, but I'm becoming a steadily busier person. I won't abandon you guys, though. I need you lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm
We regret to inform you that on December 4th, 2009 Eddie Fatu, known as Umaga to fans, died of complications relating to a heart attack.
He was 36.
sad  

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:58 am
Chase Me To The End
@Bio: Drop the metal aspect, and you can become as awesome as Pink Floyd (Or at least be in the same genre lol). Goods news on the student film too. I is happy for ya.

Well, Dream Theater is 100 times more awesome than Pink Floyd in my book. So I think I'll stick to Prog. Metal.

Garcian Smith
We regret to inform you that on December 4th, 2009 Eddie Fatu, known as Umaga to fans, died of complications relating to a heart attack.
He was 36.
sad

He did? Oh gee, isn't that a surprise. How many more is 2009 gonna take before New Year? What a bullshit year it's been.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Well, Dream Theater is 100 times more awesome than Pink Floyd in my book. So I think I'll stick to Prog. Metal.

Garcian Smith
He was 36.
sad

He did? Oh gee, isn't that a surprise. How many more is 2009 gonna take before New Year? What a bullshit year it's been.

Oh, is Dream Theater progressive metal? I was unaware exactly what progressive metal was composed of, but if it's in the same vein as Dream Theater, yeah go for that as well. But to say Dream Theater is 100 times more awesome then Pink Floyd is BLASPHEMY. But I'll allow it, since it's only in your book.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 am
Well, Dream Theater is really far out there. Like, they're insane in the kind of variety they bring to their music. And we're definitely not gonna be at THAT level.
The most typical, and probably most popular example of progressive metal is Iron Maiden.

And Queen is better than Beatles. Now, THAT is fact.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 am
^ Now you're stepping on ground where angels fear to tread (or something like that).

And I'm right there with ya. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 am
We'll see if this guild has any hardcore Beatle maniacs. And if so, I have a feeling they'll be gracing the debate subforum soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, Dream Theater is really far out there. Like, they're insane in the kind of variety they bring to their music. And we're definitely not gonna be at THAT level.
The most typical, and probably most popular example of progressive metal is Iron Maiden.

And Queen is better than Beatles. Now, THAT is fact.

Well, you may not agree, but Pink Floyd is farther out there then basically every band ever in existence...It's variety unmatched (Definitely by no way an over statement). Listen to them before and after Dark Side, and if you still don't agree, well...You're basically going against Rock N Roll creed.

I've never been a Beatles fan...But Like Street Fighter 2, you should respect them for laying the foundation for future generations (Including Dream Theater, including Pink Floyd). That being said, I do prefer Queen over them.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 am
Has Pink Floyd melded the genres of Metal and Rock with Gospel, Jazz and Classical music?

If an alien landed on earth, and I said, "Do you like music?"
And the alien said, "Music? What is music?"

This is what I'd show him to explain to him what music truly is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W70LZxzp2js

[EDIT]Oh god. I just watched it again. I swear, every time I see that performance I get a tear in my eye.[/EDIT]

And don't compare The Beatles to Street Fighter II. Street Fighter II was one of the first one on one fighting games along with Fatal Fury. And way before the Beatles, we had guys like Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix. Now THOSE guys laid a foundation. They'd be Fatal Fury and Street Fighter. The Beatles would be like... Virtua Fighter.
The only way The Beatles would compare to Street Fighter II is by the amount of fans.

[EDIT 2]But hey, this actually gives me an idea... Let's all take our favorite video game franchises, and match them to our favorite musical artists. Like which is most like which. That should be fun.[/EDIT 2]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:27 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Has Pink Floyd melded the genres of Metal and Rock with Gospel, Jazz and Classical music?

If an alien landed on earth, and I said, "Do you like music?"
And the alien said, "Music? What is music?"

This is what I'd show him to explain to him what music truly is about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W70LZxzp2js

[EDIT]Oh god. I just watched it again. I swear, every time I see that performance I get a tear in my eye.[/EDIT]

And don't compare The Beatles to Street Fighter II. Street Fighter II was one of the first one on one fighting games along with Fatal Fury. And way before the Beatles, we had guys like Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix. Now THOSE guys laid a foundation. They'd be Fatal Fury and Street Fighter. The Beatles would be like... Virtua Fighter.
The only way The Beatles would compare to Street Fighter II is by the amount of fans.

[EDIT 2]But hey, this actually gives me an idea... Let's all take our favorite video game franchises, and match them to our favorite musical artists. Like which is most like which. That should be fun.[/EDIT 2]

If I were drinking, I would be spitting it out now.

Yes LMAO. Pink Floyd has melded those genres, and beyond LOL. Even Led Zeppelin, who in my opinion is better but in no way as diverse as Pink Floyd, has done that (and Beyond as well)! Wow, Bio. Have you even listened to any of Pink Floyd's music?

And that is so naive of you to say Jimi came before the Beatles lol! Jimi didn't get widespread fame and recognition until four years after the
Beatles had established themselves as kings! Hell, he didn't even truly start playing until two years after the Beatles debuted, which is five years after they formed. I'm not saying Jimi doesn't deserve as much credit as the beatles, but know who really paved the way. That being said, yes, the likes of Elvis and Chuck are the real originators of rock.

But, in all honesty, Elvis and Chuck is Street Fighter compared to The Beatles being Street Fighter 2.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:58 am
I listened to a few Pink Floyd songs. But they never caught my ear as anything extraordinary. Sorry for not being familiar with their entire library. But if Pink Floyd are as awesome as you claim, then songs like Education must've been among their lesser songs.

Well, if Chuck is Street Fighter 1, then what does it make predecessors of rock? Jazz or Blues musicians like Robert Johnson?

Frankly, I think Jimi Hendrix contributed more to rock music than the Beatles. The Beatles were largely about the culture that surrounded them. But Hendrix did things with his guitar that were never thought possible.
The Beatles music was catchy, but it was simple. Now, I'm no expert, but isn't Street Fighter II acclaimed for its 'deep and balanced' system?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:25 am
Well, I'm no music aficionado. I play no instruments, and certainly have no technical knowledge. I just like what I like. And I like Zepplin, Floyd, Hendrix, all that stuff. Dream Theatre is hit and miss for me. For a very long time, I absolutely hated the Beatles. Because when my brother first got with his girlfriend, they played Beatles constantly, 24-7, to the point of nauseum. I'm more of a fan of the s**t they made when they were all on drugs, like Maxwell Silverhammer as opposed to that I Wanna Hold Your Hand s**t. I can't deny what they did for music, though. I don't think anyone can. I believe that the Beatles were the first to use samples as well. So if you guys hate rap, you can thank the Beatles. xd Well, that might be a stretch, but I'm pretty sure the Beatles were the first to do samples.

And RE4 is Tim Dog's

That is all.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 am
Yeah, I'm sure it's a bit more than a stretch. I mean, I highly doubt DJ Cool Herc sat there one day, listening to Beatles and said, "Hear that? They used a sample, right there! I should do that!"
I'm sure he came up with it on his own. Just, not the first one to.

Oh as for Tim Dog, I disagree, kinda.

If I had to compare RE4 to something, I'd compare it to 50 Cent. First of all it's fairly new, like 50. It bastardized what it represented, like 50. And when it came out, it was super popular. Like 50.
Oh, and I also played it at the time, and then turned savagely against it. Like 50's music.

EDIT: Honestly though, I don't even bother listening to the Beatles. The lead singer of my favorite Russian rock band made a whole album of Beatles covers. I just listen to that. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 pm
Well, bad analogy. What I meant was, like, Hip Hop started in New York. Then NWA put out Straight Outta Compton, which was huge, and then West Coast gangster s**t pretty much took everything over. So ******** Compton is kinda like the musical equivalent of ******** RE4. xd Kinda. Whatever.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 pm
Except, I like Gangsta rap, and hate RE4. So... Gangsta Rap is about violence... We can just say... New York Hip Hop origins is Street Fighter. And West Coast Gangsta Rap is Mortal Kombat.

And... Dirty South is Tekken?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games