Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:48 am
Daughter of my mum's coworker got her laptop stolen in London to. She was at the library, some guy came over to ask for directions, she stood up to show him, sat back down to an empty table. Whole thing took less than a minute.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:07 am
xDD; I'm almost proud of London's thieves.. that's some pretty slick work, right there. Lulllz <3  

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:39 am
gonk @ cbc's mum's coworker's daughter.

gonk @ Niph's laptop.

Did you lose a lotta stuff, Niphy? D:

talk2hand @ avatar-changing. CBA. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:02 am
For all those about to go to University or in University now in the UK where are you all at / going?

I'm about to enter University myself, and I'm hoping to go to Aston University. :]

Syeori

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:25 am
O.O Aston University?
Where's that?
-never heard of it-

@ Niphy: -hands a new piece of paper for list of things i should put on avi-
If you are going to get a Macbook, don't get those really thin ones. Apparently my friend's mum's boss had one and he accidently leaned on it and the screen snapped. Don't know how that happened.
Also, how the hell are you supposed to play discs and plug USBs into them when they are like, 1mm thick?!
And huge laptops=bad. They never fit in your bags, as proved by my friend (she's a boarder) trying to fit hers in her bag to take to saturday prep.

@ CBC: O.O you can organise them by colours?
I didn't even know you could switch the order around.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 am
@B&B - Just the laptop, thank goodness, my iPod was in the same bag but they didn't take it.. <3

@Vanilla - Oh! I have a friend who goes to Aston! I'm at UCL in London toooown (:

@LV - No dw I would never get a Macbook Air, they're too thin and yeah, don't have DVD/CD drives, wtf. Just getting the standard 13" one, with a few internal upgrades. -nodnod- & yeah, there's an 'organise inventory' button somewhere. It's a really screwed-up system though.. xP  

Niphz
Crew

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:44 pm

the macbook air is terrible.
        really.
        D:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:39 pm
Niphz
A couple weeks ago, my roommate at uni left the door unlocked while she went out for five min.. Loads of her stuff was nicked too..

Well, macbooks all use intel core duo processors nowadays, and I'm going to get the 13" one cause I can't stand huge laptops, and 2.4ghz process speed / 2G RAM / 250gb hard drive is more than enough for my needs. Besides, macs are not only better looking but less prone to crashing and more secure against viruses etc. And also, OS X Leopard is far superior to Vista (because, y'know, everything is better than crappy Vista. I'd rather buy a machine that ran XP, but nothing does anymore.. xP

See? Niphy does her research. P;

Lol so you're a mac fan. rofl I seems a lot of uni students prefer macs to PCs. I wonder why. Oh wells there's not much difference between macs and trad notebooks nowadays since they both run on the same architechture. I do agree that Vista sucks, which is why I stuck to XP SP3 when I bought my new PC. I've heard that Windows 7, which is coming out soon, is a lot superior to Vista however.

Oh yeah, I'm guessing you've learnt the lesson of not leaving the room unlocked when nobody is inside. blaugh  

Minielf

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:50 am
@Niph: Thank goodness. But was there anything important on the laptop itself...? *cough* Yaoi. *cough* xD

@Syeori: I'm going next year to York ot Warwick University.
And I have heard of Aston. xD *pats Liani* You'll probably hear of them when you apply for uni yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:50 am
Awww, she's so little! /pats LV

@B&B - Notes, all my academic notes from this whole year.. ;__; & slash yeah. And music.. and photos.. although most of that is backed up, I think. Hopefully.

@'elfy - Yeah I'm really excited about it! <3 & there is a diff, macs are far more secure. (: and macs are.. sort of made to all go in one piece, where as PCs tend to be made from components from various different places that are put together.. yeah Windows 7 probs will be good (seen the xkcd about it? xD) but won't come out for ages, & I can't wait that long! P;

Yeah, we lock the door religiously now. XD  

Niphz
Crew

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:27 am
NOOOOOO!!!! ALL THAT SLASH!!!!! gonk

I hope you're insured.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:18 am
@ Niphy: ...
...... Little? ...............
I'm taller than you. stare
xD

That comic thing is weird.
Weird, but funny~

Waaaaaah! I would give anything to have a door lock.
I came in yesterday and found my sister squeezing my new tubes of watercolour paint out everywhere.
WTF?! They were REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!
Siblings are such a pain in the butt.

Which reminds me, I looked at my sister's High School Musical notebook yesterday.
The first things she wrote:
I hait my sister
My sister haits me

I like dafodils.

rofl rofl rofl

I laughed so much I almost wet myself! It's quite entertaining to read what little kids think every day rofl

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:44 pm
Niphz
Awww, she's so little! /pats LV

@B&B - Notes, all my academic notes from this whole year.. ;__; & slash yeah. And music.. and photos.. although most of that is backed up, I think. Hopefully.

@'elfy - Yeah I'm really excited about it! <3 & there is a diff, macs are far more secure. (: and macs are.. sort of made to all go in one piece, where as PCs tend to be made from components from various different places that are put together.. yeah Windows 7 probs will be good (seen the xkcd about it? xD) but won't come out for ages, & I can't wait that long! P;

Yeah, we lock the door religiously now. XD

I agree with you about Macs being more reliable, given that each of them is custom made, whereas notebooks and PCs are built using random components. But that's the beauty of PCs-they're insanely upgradeable. Anyone with enough cash can turn a 5 year old dustbucket into a super-powered computer just by replacing all the components. With macs however, upgrading is almost impossible, and usually within two or three years they need to be replaced or else they become outdated.

Also Windows 7 is coming out end of this year. So the wait won't be too long. If you can't wait, Microsoft's already released the open beta for people to try out.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Hehe, yes i know you are Niph razz I added you on FB recently I think x] Aston is in Birmingham btw! And Niph you know life 30 mins from me XD! You going to the anime convention this year?

I need ABB to get into Aston >  

Syeori

Syeori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:47 pm
*LIVE  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games