Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7322 7323 7324 7325 7326 7327 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 pm

I can't remember which Maverick I started with first...

Oh! But did you know there's a secret move that you can find?

It wont stay if you reset that game, but its still fun to use, and can even beat bosses like it's nothing!

Wanna know what it is?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:18 pm

Okay then, here it is.

First, Chill Penguin, if you are on the wall he can't hit you. In this level you can easily grab the dash boots, since they are near impossible to not grab. Stay on the wall when he shoots the ice shot, and if he is too close with the ice breath. Watch for when he slides on the ground, really just stay on the wall and you won't have a problem.

Second, Storm Eagle. Yes, you don't have his weakness either. Trust me though, it all makes sense. In this level at the top of those moving platforms at the beginning dash jump to the left and keep going left, you should reach a heart that was above the starting position. Later on you can also get an energy tank from going up on the rising tower of one of those turret guys, the first one you see. When it comes to the fight against Storm eagle always keep a charge, and only use charge shots. If you see him going upwards hold your charge incase he shoots out an egg. Shoot at the egg just as it is about to land to destroy all the nasty birds. Dash through his wind, and tornado attacks. And when he is dashing through the screen just keep moving, dashing when you see him coming. He always comes from the upper right or upper left corner.

Third, Flame Mammoth. Now, with storm eagle dead you have his weakness, and with chill penguin his level is really easy. You'll be able to grab both the heart and the energy tank in the area with the pickaxe throwers so make sure you do so. Tada, two full health refills, if you take the time to fill them, and more health. When you get to flame mammoth, though he might be called flame elephant, always jump when you shoot the tornado at him. In this fight just keep dash jumping, the walls are only there to get you on the other side of him if you are stuck in between him and them. Just stay off the walls and the ground when he lands and dodge the fire shots and oil and you'll be fine.

Fourth, go back to chill penguin's stage. Above the area where you drive the battle mech are some structures you can destroy with flame mammoth's weapon, and in one of them is another heart. Exit the stage.

Fifth, return to storm eagle's stage. After all the platforms floating in the air with the flamethrower enemies on them is a big tower climb thing. Go up that thing then slide down the other side a bit, dash jump to the right and there will be a wall of fuel tanks to destroy once again with flame mammoth's weapon. Inside is the helmet.

Sixth, return to flame mammoth's stage. Yeah, lots of reruns I know but it is for your own good. This time, before the area with the pickaxe tossing guys there is one corner of the ceiling to jump to that is made of breakable blocks, with your new helmet and some slightly tricky jumping you can get up there and get the better gun thing. Very useful obviously.

Now we are moving on by weaknesses, and the only person you have the weakness of is spark mandrill. Seeing as flame mammoth was the weakness of chill penguin. And another good thing is that because you took out storm eagle the power is out in the level, seeing as the airship crashed into the place. Take the upper route at the beginning, you can't get the energy tank yet. A bit of a ways into the level you can see a heart, you can grab it. It is just a bit of a tricky jump. You can save it for the return visit if you want, in which it will be slightly easier to get. When you get to spark mandrill use chill penguins shotgun ice. Shoot right away at the beginning and then turn around. Whenever he breaks out of the ice shoot the wall, the time it takes to hit the wall and the piece to rebound will be just enough time so that he will get frozen again by the shot. Rinse and repeat and he is the easiest boss in the game.

Next up, armored armadillo. Straightforward level, at the place of the first digging machine either jump back up on the wall to get behind it or go back after it dies on the spikes to grab an energy tank that was hidden behind its starting point. Later on when you do that big drop and land behind another one have flame mammoth's weapon equipped. Kill it with that nice and quick and you'll be able to grab another heart for yourself. Continue the level obviously. At armored armadillo you'll want to use spark mandrill's attack. Once you get that first shot in you'll be able to hurt him with it at anytime. Just hop up on the wall to dodge the shotting he does and watch where he is going for his bouncing. Shoot at any chance you get with the weapon and you'll be fine.

Another round, this time go after launch octopus, the napalm man of the seas. Yes, he is an evil boss, but think about it. You have alot of energy tanks on hand. In the level are two submarine things I hate. I don't really have any suggestions for those guys. When you get to the spot with the bombs floating down from above ride the water twister up and hop onto the whale boat. Fire at the cockpit jumping the occasional bomb that goes far enough to hit you. No need to charge your gun, just keep shooting. After that whale is sunk a new area is open to you with a sea snake bot in it. Ride away, just avoid the head and the tail and you'll be fine. Remember when you are up high in the room, the pillars in the background show safe ground. As long as you go down in front of a pillar there will be ground below you and not spikes. A little to the right and there is a heart for you. Continue the level, beat up another safer snake, and you are at the lair. Armored armadilos weapon is his weakness. This boss is definitely the hardest to beat, even with his weakness. When he shoots torpedos you can jump between the bottom one and top two, if he uses the fish jump above him usually helps. Shoot whenever you can and you'll either hit him or one of his shots keeping you a bit safer. When he does the twister dash away and shoot a shot to hit him as he comes down. Good luck.

Now for boomer kuwanger, who is tons easier with his weakness. Not much to say about the level, I'm not talking about any of the traps. Near the end though, you can see the heart. You can get it without his weapon with a bit of trick jumping. This time you need to charge and use a fully charged shotgun ice to launch a penguin platform out the door from inside. It is possible, but don't kill yourself trying to do it. As for the fight use launch octopus's weapon, just jump on walls or keep switching walls with dash jumps, just stay away from him and let the missiles fly whenever you want. They will home in and kill him off easily.

Now, we go back to spark mandrill's place for that energy tank early on in the level. Jump up and then shoot the boomerang on the way down and you'll have it.

Final of the eight. We all love him, we all despise him, it is probably the hardest boss when faced without a weakness, sting chameleon. Two important things in his level though. Before you enter the cave with the falling rocks jump up at the entrance overhang and climb up, there will be a mini-boss fight with a head only weakness. Just stay on the exact opposite side shooting his head and dashing to the other side when he jumps. When you beat him a capsule containing the armor will pop up. Here is your half damage protection. Afterwards head down the cliff in front of the cave, since you beat launch octopus there will be water. Destroy the blocks and dash jump across the pit to grab the last heart. Go down on the wall before dash jumping back or you WILL DIE! Hey though, you have as much health as it gets and all energy tanks. Hooray! Now, the part you'll want more. The fight against sting chameleon. His weakness if boomerangs. Jump up and on the way upwards shoot to fire it right up into him, he'll probably keep latching his tounge to the ceiling after every hit so it will be the same thing again and again just on the other side of the room.

And that is enough for this post, I shall go into detail for the fortress fights only if you request them.

Yin Yun Yang

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Supersephiroth7
Aurons_Blade
Yin Yun Yang
Aurons_Blade
Yin Yun Yang

What are you talking about? They are easy. Easier then the megaman games for certain. At least easier then the first bunch of megaman games.

No, the levels are easy, it's just...
The bosses. The damn bosses.
First of all, you ca only do three damage max, then that long invincibility wait, while they fill the entire room with some insane attack!
I never live long.

Once again, what are you talking about? I shall say something I just thought up.

The walls are your friends.

Yeah, back in the megaman games if you have the weakness a boss goes out in two to five hits, but the bosses in the X games are not hard. Well, except for some of the fortress bosses towards the end of them.

...When I'm on a wall, they either jump at me or send spikes/piranhas/boomerang at me! It sucks...
I normally just start with chill penguin then i go to spark mandrill... Using the weaknesses helps out a lot. Finding subtanks and all the hearts will too

You know your stuff, Seph.

I start with Chill Penguin too, because the dash boots are the best upgrade in the game. Of course then I keep going to get upgrades before I go after weaknesses. I ******** run MMX.

And normal megaman games area million times harder. Jumping off walls solves ALL your problems.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 pm

TtheHero
I can't remember which Maverick I started with first...

Oh! But did you know there's a secret move that you can find?

It wont stay if you reset that game, but its still fun to use, and can even beat bosses like it's nothing!

Wanna know what it is?

HADOKEN!

And the dragon punch in MMX2.

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SpookyJester

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 pm

*moping*

Gazawd.

Anyone else having a bad day? sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Hadoken and shoryuken.

Hadoken is in the armored armadillo stage.

Shoryuken is in the second fortress stage of X2.

I know my Megaman X, and I know my megaman for the most part too.

Yin Yun Yang

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:28 pm

SpookyJester
*moping*

Gazawd.

Well I was. you can read it on the prev pag. Or the page before it.

Yeah you guys are so right!

I got my fill of X by playing Megaman X Collection.

This boss battle music is 2x the EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz8GmItn8fc

Am I rite?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 pm

TtheHero
SpookyJester
*moping*

Gazawd.

Well I was. you can read it on the prev pag. Or the page before it.

Yeah you guys are so right!

I got my fill of X by playing Megaman X Collection.

This boss battle music is 2x the EPIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz8GmItn8fc

Am I rite?

I'm using the X Collection to play all the games as we speak. Or type.

Yin Yun Yang

Supersephiroth7

Interesting Codger

3,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:33 pm

SpookyJester
*moping*

Gazawd.

whats wrong =(?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:34 pm

I even used that music in one of my earliest Youtube vids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYlGqP8-1AY

Take a look! Sorry if the audio desynchs a bit...

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Supersephiroth7

Interesting Codger

3,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Ribbin
Supersephiroth7
Aurons_Blade
Yin Yun Yang
Aurons_Blade
Yin Yun Yang

What are you talking about? They are easy. Easier then the megaman games for certain. At least easier then the first bunch of megaman games.

No, the levels are easy, it's just...
The bosses. The damn bosses.
First of all, you ca only do three damage max, then that long invincibility wait, while they fill the entire room with some insane attack!
I never live long.

Once again, what are you talking about? I shall say something I just thought up.

Yeah, back in the megaman games if you have the weakness a boss goes out in two to five hits, but the bosses in the X games are not hard. Well, except for some of the fortress bosses towards the end of them.

...When I'm on a wall, they either jump at me or send spikes/piranhas/boomerang at me! It sucks...
I normally just start with chill penguin then i go to spark mandrill... Using the weaknesses helps out a lot. Finding subtanks and all the hearts will too

I start with Chill Penguin too, because the dash boots are the best upgrade in the game. Of course then I keep going to get upgrades before I go after weaknesses. I ******** run MMX.

And normal megaman games area million times harder. Jumping off walls solves ALL your problems.
yup... I love megaman... thats the only game I could really play over and over and never get bored with it.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Supersephiroth7
SpookyJester
*moping*

Gazawd.

whats wrong =(?

Well, long story short...
I'm super stressed out about finals (starts tomorrow) also this fatass English project I've got to do. gonk

What I usually do when i'm stressed is eat, but I can't because i'm trying to manage my weight. gonk

SpookyJester

Supersephiroth7

Interesting Codger

3,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:43 pm

SpookyJester
Supersephiroth7
SpookyJester
*moping*

Gazawd.

whats wrong =(?

Well, long story short...
I'm super stressed out about finals (starts tomorrow) also this fatass English project I've got to do. gonk

What I usually do when i'm stressed is eat, but I can't because i'm trying to manage my weight. gonk
hmm well I'm sure you'll do well =)... ahh that sucks... well maybe a book, video game, or a hot bath will relieve some of the stress. What exactly do you have to do for your project?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:43 pm

Supersephiroth7
Ribbin
Supersephiroth7
Aurons_Blade
Yin Yun Yang

yup... I love megaman... thats the only game I could really play over and over and never get bored with it.

Yea, I try to beat the game every once in a while to keep the routine in mind. I'm trying to do the same with X2 and X3 to get a routine going in that. But nothing is as perfect as X.

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Sexiest Wario

Beloved Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Hmm. And here I was at the final stage with nothing but a few fuel tanks and the boots.
And I was beating it top-to-bottom.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7322 7323 7324 7325 7326 7327 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games