Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 pm
@Bio: I paid nothing. It's all of my dad's music. He has 11,000 songs on his itunes; most from his massive CD collection...I know, awesome, right? Now you know why I'm so into rock...I was raised on it non-stop.

Four times isn't that bad...I'm thinking about making it five LOL! Just kidding. I'm finally content with this name.

Metallica is AWESOME! How have you not gotten into them 'til now?!

This will lead into my next discussion, but I've never heard of Fear Factory...Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band, so I'm definitely into Industrial. I'll have to check them out.

@Elena:

I love Techno. As much as Rock. But I hate Lady Gaga and her techno remixes (Even if they were done by great scratchers). She is not techno anyways. I know pop is being merged with the techno sound nowadays, but it will never be truly considered techno in my book. And Kaskade is borderline Pop as well. Is there...any other bands or DJ's you like other then those two? Someone with more of a house or trance influence?

Also, as I said before, Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band (Industrial...It's like a match made in heaven for the Rock/Techno fan such as myself). So I wanna know: To what extent do you like them? Do you have a favorite album, song?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:15 pm
Canas Renvall
So, for AIM News they've tallied up the people who died this year who had some sort of impact on the world at some point in time. Btw, the list goes from most recent to least recent. Here's the list thus far:

78 names, and it's not just everyone. Like people said, Umaga died too. 24 days left in December. Any bets on someone else kicking the bucket?

More of impact on North America. Let's face it, that doesn't even include actors, or popular artists in countries like, say, China, Japan, Russia, etc. Countries that have their own pop culture. And I'm sure they had just as significant of a death toll this year. I know Russia did.

EDIT:

Chase Me To The End
@Bio: I paid nothing. It's all of my dad's music. He has 11,000 songs on his itunes; most from his massive CD collection...I know, awesome, right? Now you know why I'm so into rock...I was raised on it non-stop.
Well as long as SOMEONE paid for it. Support the industry, damn it.

Chase Me To The End

Well, maybe because until last year, 90% of my music library was Hip-Hop.

Chase Me To The End

This will lead into my next discussion, but I've never heard of Fear Factory...Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band, so I'm definitely into Industrial. I'll have to check them out.

As if, dude. As if. Fear Factory were very influential in metal. They're not mainstream, but they've done a lot for the genre.

Excerpt from Legacy and Influence section of FF wiki:

Quote:
Fear Factory’s innovative approach towards, and hybridization of the genres of industrial metal, death metal and alternative metal has had a lasting impact on metal music ever since the release of their first album in 1992. Fear Factory is noteworthy among contemporaries for their lyrical focus on science fiction, with much of their music telling a single story spanning several concept albums.

The band has often been called a "stepping stone"[33] leading mainstream listeners to venture into less-known/more extreme bands, and are consistently appreciated.

In the Soul of a New Machine re-release, Machine Head vocalist Robert Flynn, Chimaira vocalist Mark Hunter and Spineshank guitarist Mike Sarkisyan have cited Fear Factory as an influence in the liner notes. Robert Flynn stated his vocal style was influenced by Burton Bell's vocals and that Machine Head have been wrongly credited for the vocal style. Mark Hunter stated that Chimaira's drumming was heavily influenced by Raymond Herrera. Other Bands that have Fear Factory in their liner notes include Disturbed, Static-X & Coal Chamber.

Modern bands such as Mnemic, Scarve and Sybreed contain significant influences of the band’s technique and have also credited a substantial debt of gratitude to the band.[34][35][36]

Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy has said that “Fear Factory are close to our hearts” and that “Soul of a New Machine was the influence for me to start my other project, 'Pain'”.

They had songs on both Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil 1 movie soundtracks. As well as Saw. And probably some other ones I don't know about.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm
@Chase: PopxTechno is basically Dance.

@Bio: I know about Fear Factory thanks to Test Drive 5. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:23 pm
AngelaAshford

@Bio: I know about Fear Factory thanks to Test Drive 5. razz

...Like that one.

Is that the soundtrack with Snitches Are A Dying Breed and Archetype Transformers Mix on it?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
So, for AIM News they've tallied up the people who died this year who had some sort of impact on the world at some point in time. Btw, the list goes from most recent to least recent. Here's the list thus far:

78 names, and it's not just everyone. Like people said, Umaga died too. 24 days left in December. Any bets on someone else kicking the bucket?

More of impact on North America. Let's face it, that doesn't even include actors, or popular artists in countries like, say, China, Japan, Russia, etc. Countries that have their own pop culture. And I'm sure they had just as significant of a death toll this year. I know Russia did.

EDIT:

Chase Me To The End
Well as long as SOMEONE paid for it. Support the industry, damn it.

Chase Me To The End

Well, maybe because until last year, 90% of my music library was Hip-Hop.

Chase Me To The End

As if, dude. As if. Fear Factory were very influential in metal. They're not mainstream, but they've done a lot for the genre.

Excerpt from Legacy and Influence section of FF wiki:

Quote:
Fear Factory’s innovative approach towards, and hybridization of the genres of industrial metal, death metal and alternative metal has had a lasting impact on metal music ever since the release of their first album in 1992. Fear Factory is noteworthy among contemporaries for their lyrical focus on science fiction, with much of their music telling a single story spanning several concept albums.

The band has often been called a "stepping stone"[33] leading mainstream listeners to venture into less-known/more extreme bands, and are consistently appreciated.

In the Soul of a New Machine re-release, Machine Head vocalist Robert Flynn, Chimaira vocalist Mark Hunter and Spineshank guitarist Mike Sarkisyan have cited Fear Factory as an influence in the liner notes. Robert Flynn stated his vocal style was influenced by Burton Bell's vocals and that Machine Head have been wrongly credited for the vocal style. Mark Hunter stated that Chimaira's drumming was heavily influenced by Raymond Herrera. Other Bands that have Fear Factory in their liner notes include Disturbed, Static-X & Coal Chamber.

Modern bands such as Mnemic, Scarve and Sybreed contain significant influences of the band’s technique and have also credited a substantial debt of gratitude to the band.[34][35][36]

Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy has said that “Fear Factory are close to our hearts” and that “Soul of a New Machine was the influence for me to start my other project, 'Pain'”.

They had songs on both Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil 1 movie soundtracks. As well as Saw. And probably some other ones I don't know about.

I support the industry. I have a nice CD collection of my own. The only time I don't support it is when I can't find a particular album or song anywhere. And that's mostly just for discreet techno songs...

90% of your music library was hip hop until last year? How DARE you try and start debating about rock n roll to me then! Lol, jk.

As if what?

...Just listened to the Fear Factory song from Mortal Kombat. DUDE THE F***ING SCORPION THEME. AWESOME. I'm hooked. I'll check them out more.

@Angela: I totally agree with you. But that's why I don't consider myself a dance fan. Cause I don't like most pop music. I'm into a lot of the 80's dance scene though, like Dead or Alive and Depeche Mode and s***. Then the 90's really gave birth to techno, and I've been hooked ever since. I may have to thank the Mortal Kombat theme song for that LMAO.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm
Chase Me To The End
I support the industry. I have a nice CD collection of my own. The only time I don't support it is when I can't find a particular album or song anywhere. And that's mostly just for discreet techno songs...
Well, that's rare. You know that. Most people just download stuff.

Chase Me To The End

90% of your music library was hip hop until last year? How DARE you try and start debating about rock n roll to me then! Lol, jk.

I... Learned in school about it?

Chase Me To The End

As if what?

Well, most people I ask about Fear Factory have at least heard the name before.

Chase Me To The End

...Just listened to the Fear Factory song from Mortal Kombat. DUDE THE F***ING SCORPION THEME. AWESOME. I'm hooked. I'll check them out more.

My top 5 songs, that I suggest checking out:
Replica (which was actually covered by Epica recently)
Linchpin
Archetype
Invisible Wounds
Resurrection

Chase Me To The End

@Angela: I totally agree with you. But that's why I don't consider myself a dance fan. Cause I don't like most pop music. I'm into a lot of the 80's dance scene though, like Dead or Alive and Depeche Mode and s***. Then the 90's really gave birth to tehcno, and I've been hooked ever since. I may have to thank the Mortal Kombat theme song for that LMAO.

I don't like most techno. Mortal Kombat made a few exceptions for me, with artists like Scooter. But most of it is too repetitive for me. I lived with a guy who blasted techno and trance 24/7, and I couldn't tell one song apart from the next, with the exception of a couple of them.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:21 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Well, that's rare. You know that. Most people just download stuff.

Chase Me To The End

I... Learned in school about it?

Chase Me To The End

As if what?

Well, most people I ask about Fear Factory have at least heard the name before.

Chase Me To The End

My top 5 songs, that I suggest checking out:
Replica (which was actually covered by Epica recently)
Linchpin
Archetype
Invisible Wounds
Resurrection

Chase Me To The End

@Angela: I totally agree with you. But that's why I don't consider myself a dance fan. Cause I don't like most pop music. I'm into a lot of the 80's dance scene though, like Dead or Alive and Depeche Mode and s***. Then the 90's really gave birth to tehcno, and I've been hooked ever since. I may have to thank the Mortal Kombat theme song for that LMAO.

I don't like most techno. Mortal Kombat made a few exceptions for me, with artists like Scooter. But most of it is too repetitive for me. I lived with a guy who blasted techno and trance 24/7, and I couldn't tell one song apart from the next, with the exception of a couple of them.

Alright, I listened to Replica and Linchpin. I liked Linchpin, but not Replica. I will listen to the rest later on. But can you do me a favor first?

I know it's easy to past judgement on Techno, but will you do me a favor and listen to a couple of songs for me? These are by Justice, my favorite Techno band. They incorporate a rock theme into their songs, so I think you may like these.

Genesis. It's frikkin epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW11wER285Y&feature=related  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:27 pm
Quote:
Well, that's how Adema is, but a little heavier. Heck, they did Immortal, which became the theme song for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Can't not love that.

Oh trust me I know all about their Immortal song, being a fan of MK and all. But I never listened to their music beyond that. Just didn't care to. I love Taproot, but only their first cd. Don't particularly care for their stuff after that. Fear Factory is interesting. I've listened to them before.

It really is too bad about the beef between ICP and Eninem though. Oh well. I could care less as well. I like a few of Johnny Cash's songs, but never was a fan of him either. But I'd listen to his country ANY day of the weak versus the crap that's been out for a while. I'm not trying to denounce any country fans in here. I just trully hate country lol.
Quote:

If you like ICP you may just enjoy their endeavors into the wrestling business.

Actually I hate wrestling unless its the traditional wrestling. You know...the wrestling where they're not trying to see how far they can jump in the air and land an elbow jab into the other opponent, but where they do ACTUAL wrestling. But I've never been a fan of sports in general. Playing sports is one thing, but watching them bores the hell out of me unless its like Martial Arts or Traditional Wrestling, but thats about it.

Quote:
BTW, the title "Great Milenko" comes from the Malenko wrestling family.

I think I remember hearing that before. It rings a bell. But did you know ICP used to be part of New Kids on the Block before they went into rap? razz

Quote:

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm the same way with music as I am games.....picky.....I'm picky picky picky. I'm not into Metallica. I just like a handful of their songs. Its the same way with Pink Floyd and Queen. Its something about their style of music that I'm just not a huge fan of. Not saying its bad. I mean I can appreciate the reving of a guitar and knowing all too well that I could never play a guitar like that. I don't have the fingers or coordination to do it. But their style of music? Meh...just not my thing. Staind and Linkin Park are probably two of my top favorite bands. Everything under that either sounds similar to those bands, or I just happened to like it. ICP was one of those "happen to like it" type of incidents. I only got into it because one of my x-bf's got me into it. I wanted to share it with him and he hates rap too, but he told me all about ICP and once I started listening, I got hooked. I'm not an avid super huge fan, but I do love their main album titles.

Chase to answer your question.....actually this will probably make better sense to everyone, but when it comes to me and music, my biggest contradiction is that I just don't care to know the "history" of the music I like. I mean as much as I love Linkin Park, if you asked me the name of each person in the band I wouldn't be able to tell you. I know....kinda silly right? Its just one of those things I don't care to know. I can tell you exactly what I like, but I can't tell you the history of it. Maybe a little....but nothing compared to the fans out there.

When it comes to games and anime and what not that's different. But as much as I love music in general? I just....I just didn't care to know the detailed history. So when I mentioned Lady Gaga or Kaskade, I know their not originally techno, but the remixes I heard of their songs done by Moto Blanco, Trevor Simpson, or Dave Aude Club....their amazing remixes to me. However I have listened to more traditional techno like House. No not the Genre, but the actual techno band "House". Sometimes I listen to Trance as well so it depends.

So to answer your next question about Nine Inch Nails....hmmmm haha man I'm going to get smacked for this, but I don't really go by album titles either. Only album titles I actually remember for any band is Linkin Park's and ICP's, but that's kinda it. Bottom line? I SUCK at names....any name no matter what it is. Unless I deal with it on a daily basis, I'm gonna forget it. I know lyrics for all the songs on Linkin Park's album, Meteora and Hybrid Theory, but I can't tell you the name of all the songs I know haha. Isn't that halarious? So I WANT to answer your question about NIN, but I don't know how to answer it if that makes any sense.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I also very much like Disturbed and System of a Down. I like Disturbed more, but SOD has some pretty awesome songs as well. I even like a little bit of Godsmack thanks to Prince of Persia 2. Their music is all over that game.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:57 am
EDIT: Chase, you wont the caption contest. Let's sees a new picture. NAO!

Chase Me To The End
Alright, I listened to Replica and Linchpin. I liked Linchpin, but not Replica. I will listen to the rest later on. But can you do me a favor first?

Aww, man, Replica is my favorite song of theirs. The actually saved it for last at their concert in 2006, that made my freakin night complete.

Chase Me To The End

I know it's easy to past judgement on Techno, but will you do me a favor and listen to a couple of songs for me? These are by Justice, my favorite Techno band. They incorporate a rock theme into their songs, so I think you may like these.

Genesis. It's frikkin epic.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW11wER285Y&feature=related

Pretty cool songs. It's definitely not the kind of techno my friend was listening to.
Probably not gonna end up on my playlist, but if I heard it in a movie or at my friend's house, or something, I'd definitely groove to it.

ElenaMason
Oh trust me I know all about their Immortal song, being a fan of MK and all. But I never listened to their music beyond that. Just didn't care to. I love Taproot, but only their first cd. Don't particularly care for their stuff after that. Fear Factory is interesting. I've listened to them before.
Anywho. Point is, I consider Adema a better alternative to Linkin Park.

ElenaMason

It really is too bad about the beef between ICP and Eninem though. Oh well. I could care less as well. I like a few of Johnny Cash's songs, but never was a fan of him either. But I'd listen to his country ANY day of the weak versus the crap that's been out for a while. I'm not trying to denounce any country fans in here. I just trully hate country lol.

I actually got really into Johnny Cash. Someone was throwing out their CDs because they were moving and they had a couple of Johnny Cash CDs, so I took them, and I gotta say. Thoroughly enjoyed them

ElenaMason

Actually I hate wrestling unless its the traditional wrestling. You know...the wrestling where they're not trying to see how far they can jump in the air and land an elbow jab into the other opponent, but where they do ACTUAL wrestling. But I've never been a fan of sports in general. Playing sports is one thing, but watching them bores the hell out of me unless its like Martial Arts or Traditional Wrestling, but thats about it.

I'm the other way, when it comes to Wrestling, haha. If I watch it, I watch it for the Drama. Kinda like that recent South Park episode.

ElenaMason
I mean as much as I love Linkin Park, if you asked me the name of each person in the band I wouldn't be able to tell you. I know....kinda silly right? Its just one of those things I don't care to know. I can tell you exactly what I like, but I can't tell you the history of it. Maybe a little....but nothing compared to the fans out there.

When it comes to games and anime and what not that's different. But as much as I love music in general?

Quickly! Who composed all the music for the Silent Hill games!?

ElenaMason
I even like a little bit of Godsmack thanks to Prince of Persia 2. Their music is all over that game.
Speaking of games. Dream Theater is actually gonna be recording an instrumental track for God of War 3. When I heard that, I think I came a little.

I love it when game companies outsource bands for their games. Even if it's for just one song.
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance with Adema.
Psi-Ops with Cold.
Terminator Dawn of Fate with Fear Factory.
Indigo Prophecy with Theory of a Dead Man.

They should do that more often. I'd love to see, something like Darksiders or Dante's Inferno outsource a Metal Band.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:28 am
Scarface, maybe. Chamillionaire? Hell no.

Well, I can't speak for the PC version, but I know for a fact that the Dreamcast version looks a hell of a lot better. All the textures and everything are clear, clean, and smooth. And no graphical clipping or texture popping or any of that stuff whatsoever that's so common on PlayStation. And that's without even taking the resolution into account. And I love my Dreamcast very much, so any chance I get to show it some love, I take it. I consider all the PS1 ports the definitive console versions of those games. Even though they are usually just bare bones ports, it's the nicest looking version you're gonna get on a console. Like, even in the case of RE2 and RE3, they run in a higher resolution than the Gamecube ports, which were sloppy and overpriced anyway. Plus, my health and ammo count are displayed on the VMU. Can't beat that. xd

Bah, too much stuff. I can already tell this post is gonna be too long...

You know, in music, technical does not always equal better.

Holy s**t, Les Paul died? Crazy. I was pretty bummed to hear about John Hughes...

Linkin Park: Tonka's My First Metal Band. They are, like, the Backstreet Boys of metal. That said, I've heard a few songs off the Fort Minor album, and the rapping guy from Linkin Park, whatever the hell his name is, is actually a pretty decent producer... but he needs to stay off the mic.

And I was huge into KoRn back in my angsty high school days. And for angsty teenage kids, KoRn (particularly their first album) is ******** great music. But since I am no longer that person, I just can't listen to it anymore. It just feels childish. Like, literally. And I wouldn't consider anything past Issues decent on any level. But it's something that, like, if it comes on the radio, I'll probably listen to it. Just because it takes me back in time. That's the thing with music. Those songs are the fingerprints of the time in which they were created. It's like when something like Jumper from Third Eye Blind comes on the radio. It's nothing I'm gonna pop in my CD player and get down to or anything, but it's like an old shoe. *smells* Ahh, high school... is that you?

As far as ICP goes... Great Milenko is definitely their best album. It's not very good, but it's their best. I listened to that s**t a lot back in the day. As far as Eminem, I still love the Slim Shady LP (with the exception of My Name Is and a couple others). A lot of Horrorcore going on in that album, and that's my favorite sub-genre of rap. The Esham influence is definitely present. Marshall Mathers LP was pretty good, but got so overplayed to the point of nauseum that I just can't stomach even hearing it anymore, to this day. And then once he came back with cleaning out his closet and crying about his mommy, I tuned out. Unfortunately for me, most of my friends didn't. -_- And now, I'm gonna drop halfsharkalligatorhalfman from Dr. Octagon. Best rap album... ever.

I, myself have a huge CD collection. I like having the actual CD, and the artwork and everything. Plus, sound quality is still better than MP3. But one good thing, I no longer have to get burned by buying a $20 CD from a band that put out a kick-a** single... only to find the rest of the album is s**t. I can just download the single, and ignore the rest of the album. Forces bands to really step it up with the quality of each song. If they do that, I'm more inclined to purchase their entire CD and add it to my collection.

Metallica WAS awesome. Now they suck.

Fear Factory is awesome. I'm a big fan of NIN as well. Still haven't picked up their newest album....
And I gotta admit, I love the Mortal Kombat theme.

And, uhh, Mr Bungle. Because circus death metal is a good time.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 am
Thee Stranger
Scarface, maybe. Chamillionaire? Hell no.
Dude, have you listened to any Chamillionaire songs outside of Ridin? Cause he's gone some of the deepest, most conceptual, most imaginative lyrics I ever heard in Hip-Hop. Like, every song is a story with him. Which is what I liked about Eminem's early stuff, songs like "My Fault" told actual stories. But with Chamillionaire, it's not all about drugs. Not that I had any problem with that aspect of Eminem's music. Point is, Chamillionaire's got skill, charisma, and interesting subject matter. I don't see how you don't like him.

Thee Stranger

Well, I can't speak for the PC version, but I know for a fact that the Dreamcast version looks a hell of a lot better. All the textures and everything are clear, clean, and smooth. And no graphical clipping or texture popping or any of that stuff whatsoever that's so common on PlayStation. And that's without even taking the resolution into account. And I love my Dreamcast very much, so any chance I get to show it some love, I take it. I consider all the PS1 ports the definitive console versions of those games. Even though they are usually just bare bones ports, it's the nicest looking version you're gonna get on a console. Like, even in the case of RE2 and RE3, they run in a higher resolution than the Gamecube ports, which were sloppy and overpriced anyway. Plus, my health and ammo count are displayed on the VMU. Can't beat that. xd
Well, I dunno. Texture smoothin can always be done by filtering the originals. Like you can do with PS1 games on the PS2. But either way, yeah, when I played Dino Crisis for the first time recently, aside from lack of pre-rendered backgrounds, it felt so close to home, like a Resident Evil game that I missed out on. DC2 went a little too actiony, but still good.

Thee Stranger

You know, in music, technical does not always equal better.

Well, doesn't always mean worse, either. I mean Dream Theater is one of those bands where it's just fun watching them play. Seeing Jordan Rudess working that keyboard super fast with one hand while drinking a coffee with the other is hilarious. When I bought Systematic Chaos, I thought that a 90 minute documentary on "Making of the album" would be a bit boring, but when I watched it, when it ended I said, "No! I wanna see more!"

And speaking as a singer, I envy not being able to hit the kinds of notes James LaBrie hits. I mean, he's elite as far as vocals go, so I wouldn't expect to be on his level at 22, but still. That's what I strive towards.

Thee Stranger
And I was huge into KoRn back in my angsty high school days. And for angsty teenage kids, KoRn (particularly their first album) is ******** great music. But since I am no longer that person, I just can't listen to it anymore. It just feels childish. Like, literally. And I wouldn't consider anything past Issues decent on any level.
So what, man? You don't like to reminisce sometimes? Heck, occasionally, I'll pop in a Limp Bizkit album just to remember the good ol' days. And come on, how much more childish than Limp Bizkit does it get?

Thee Stranger
And then once he came back with cleaning out his closet and crying about his mommy, I tuned out.
The Eminem Show was a class act. It didn't have the raw anger of the first two albums, but production wise, and lyrically, it was still up there.

Honestly, I think Eminem's decline was caused by--and happened as soon as he signed--50 Cent.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:22 am
- In all honesty... no. But I ********' hated Ridin'. So I really had no interest in any other s**t he was putting out. Maybe I will look into him... cautiously.

- Well, PS3 doesn't have the PS2 texture smoothing (I really wish to ******** it did). And even with the smoothing it does have, you still get that web of grain over the picture. And you're still gonna get the popping textures and clipping and stuff. Now, I know that those common PlayStation issues are actually quite minimal on Dino Crisis in particular (I downloaded it on PSN as well just to compare, and for use on my PSP if I do so desire... plus I like having the games installed on the system), but it's still gonna look better on Dreamcast, even with the PS2 texture smoothing. Plus, I'm playing it through the VGA cord on my HDTV (Dreamcast was ahead of its time). So yeah, graphically, it just blows the PS version out of the water. But yeah, it's really ******** good playing a new RE-style game. With the PlayStation-style graphics. There's just a certain charm there. I feel like a kid again playing through this game. It's awesome.

- I didn't say that. But it doesn't have to be technical to be good. Sometimes the best songs are simplistic. That doesn't mean I don't like any technical s**t. See, I once knew this dickhead keyboard player who was all big into prog with that kind of smug attitude towards music. And he was a good keyboard player with a lot of technical skill. But the s**t he actually wrote ********' sucked (well, when he put his lyrics to it anyway). I just kept requesting he play the Castlevania IV song again in the middle to piss him off. And did I mention he was a dickhead? Sorry, I didn't mean to loop you in with the likes of him. I just felt the need to pint that out.

- Um... did you read anything I wrote after that?

- I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. And I think a big contributer to his decline was he was "takin' too much ♪EEEEEEEEE♪"
and ******** that song too. Another big contributer to my extreme dislike is that I just heard it too damn much. Same thing with Afro Man. And Afro Man had some good s**t, and he actually played his own bass lines. The really ironic thing though, is that Eminem pretty much turned into a Backstreet Boy towards the end there. If Eminem from the first two albums saw what he had become by D12 World and s**t, he would have kicked his own a**.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:56 am
Thee Stranger
- In all honesty... no. But I ********' hated Ridin'. So I really had no interest in any other s**t he was putting out. Maybe I will look into him... cautiously.

Well, he regularly releases free mixtapes. So it wouldn't cost you anything. Not even trouble.
http://www.chamillionaire.com/mixtapes/mixtape-messiah-7.html
There's his latest one. I should check it out, actually.

Thee Stranger

- Well, PS3 doesn't have the PS2 texture smoothing (I really wish to ******** it did). And even with the smoothing it does have, you still get that web of grain over the picture. And you're still gonna get the popping textures and clipping and stuff. Now, I know that those common PlayStation issues are actually quite minimal on Dino Crisis in particular (I downloaded it on PSN as well just to compare, and for use on my PSP if I do so desire...
Yeah, I pretty much play all my PS1 games on the PSP these days. I mean, almost all my essentials are already on the PS Network.

Thee Stranger
So yeah, graphically, it just blows the PS version out of the water.
Well, yeah, I should hope so. I mean, DC was technically superior to the PS1.
But still, I think that RE3 for the GameCube blows the PS1 version out of the water too. I also downloaded RE3 and compared it, and yeah, huge difference.

Thee Stranger

- I didn't say that. But it doesn't have to be technical to be good. Sometimes the best songs are simplistic. That doesn't mean I don't like any technical s**t. See, I once knew this dickhead keyboard player who was all big into prog with that kind of smug attitude towards music. And he was a good keyboard player with a lot of technical skill. But the s**t he actually wrote ********' sucked (well, when he put his lyrics to it). I just kept requesting he play the Castlevania IV song again in the middle to piss him off. And did I mention he was a dickhead?
Well, the stuff that Dream Theater write doesn't suck. Really doesn't suck. So I'm assuming that Keyboardist wasn't named Jortan Rudess, Derek Sherinian or Kevin Moore.

Dream Theater's fourth album, "Fallin Into Infinity" the record label cornered them and took creative control, saying, "We need shorter songs, more formulaic so that they appeal to the mainstream crowd more" and that album was a disappointment to the majority. It's one of the three albums of theirs that I don't own, but I heard a couple of songs, and they weren't bad. But they were definitely far from their best. My point is, yeah, you gotta do what you do best.

And yes, simple stuff can be great. But usually, it's not the simplicity that makes it great, but some other factor. A spark of certain unknown charm, or just plain catchiness of it. Mario music, anyone? But it takes a band like the Beatles to take something simple and make it a phenomenon, but so far, how many "Beatles" have we had?

Thee Stranger

- Um... did you read anything I wrote after that?
Well, I'm just saying. Why wouldn't you pop it into your CD player? I mean, I rarely hear anything from the circa 2000 era on the radio. Sometimes it's nice to pop in that old music. Heck, I listened to some Oingo Boingo and The Cramps the other day, and it zoomed me right back to 7th Grade. There's no way I'd ever hear stuff like that on the radio.
And then I listened to the Pokemon Theme Song and the theme song from Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers. And it was a bit of a journey actually finding those songs. But I went out out of my way to do it.
And good reminiscing time was had by me.

Thee Stranger

- I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. I think a big contributer to his decline was he was "taking to much ♪EEEEEEEEE♪" and ******** that song too.
Actually, he went clean off the illegal s**t after 2001. So if anything, it's the LACK of drugs that depleted his raw anger that made SSLP and MMLP so awesome. But still, it was after 50 Cent, that Eminem became a club banger junkie. And 50 Cent, in my opinion, is the worst thing to happen to rap music. Period.

Thee Stranger
Another big contributer to my extreme dislike is that I just heard it too damn much. Same thing with Afro Man. And Afro Man had some good s**t, and he actually played his own bass lines

Well, I guess I can understand that much. I mean, being around people who constantly go on about how awesome Kill Bill is, and how Tarentino is the best director EVAR, kinda put me off his stuff too.
Or how too many Pyramid Head jokes once almost ruined Silent Hill for me. But then I foresaw it coming and isolated myself from all other Silent Hill fans for a while.
I guess it's not exactly the same thing, but yea. Overexposure sucks.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:13 am
ElenaMason
Quote:
Well, that's how Adema is, but a little heavier. Heck, they did Immortal, which became the theme song for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Can't not love that.

Quote:

If you like ICP you may just enjoy their endeavors into the wrestling business.

Quote:
BTW, the title "Great Milenko" comes from the Malenko wrestling family.

I think I remember hearing that before. It rings a bell. But did you know ICP used to be part of New Kids on the Block before they went into rap? razz

Where did you hear that?
eek  

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:25 am
Quote:
Quickly! Who composed all the music for the Silent Hill games!?

OH OH! UH UH....UH......DAMN IT! hahah god damn it. SEEE? I suck with names. I really really do. It starts with a K.....doesn't it? XD oh man I TOLD you I don't look at the history of the music. Only musical game person I remember is Jeremy Soule but only because he's done a crap load of music for games. Man...its on the tip of my tongue...*google searches* wait...we talking the composers or the actual makers of the music? Akira Yamaoka , Rika Muranaka are the composers and at least I know the name of the publisher, Konami hahah.

You're torturing me Bio....you're torturing me....  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games