Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 pm
Well, it just comes to me. Hur hur hur.

I gotta admit. I listened to that new Nine Inch Nails album that they're giving away for free, and I was really disappointed. I don't know what I expected, since I never really listened to them, but that album just felt so... Bland. How does it compare to their other ones?

In other news, we finished our first song. It still needs lots of polish and stuff, but it's done.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:38 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it just comes to me. Hur hur hur.

I gotta admit. I listened to that new Nine Inch Nails album that they're giving away for free, and I was really disappointed. I don't know what I expected, since I never really listened to them, but that album just felt so... Bland. How does it compare to their other ones?

In other news, we finished our first song. It still needs lots of polish and stuff, but it's done.

There is a reason why it was free lol. Jk. But yes, Trent's last two albums, The Slip and Ghosts I-IV are by far his weakest. If you really want to get an image of what NIN is all about, listen to The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth. His other three albums are good as well, but might not be in your interest. Lessee...Pretty Hate Machine has spawned many great songs, but it feels very amateurish in comparison to his later albums. Broken is great, but it's mixing of Dance, Blues, Hard Rock, and other genres might throw you off guard. And Year Zero might be a little to electronic for your tastes.

Yeah, The Slip is nothing compared to the others.  

King of Paradise

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:34 pm
Pretty Hate Machine is my favorite. And speaking of videogame soundtracks, I was surfing youtube, and found two very near and dear to me.

The first one is from Quarantine, an old 3DO game in which you were a cab driver in a post-apocalyptic world. The game was ahead of its time in theme and over-the-top vehicular manslaughter and everything, but wasn't so great. But I love this song. Vintage 90s rock.

And the second is from Rogue Trip, an old PS1 game (one of my very first) in the same kind of vain as Twisted Metal. This one's kind of a Punk/Ska deal. Such happy songs to blow s**t up to. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 pm
Yeah, those two are really not my kind of music. The second one's kinda fun, I admit. But not something I'd keep on a playlist.

Fear Factory also had 3 of their songs in Instrumental form on the soundtrack for Carmageddon. Which is awesome, because I love hearing instrumental versions of songs.

EDIT: Reading this article here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/105/1053791p1.html

And going back to the whole discussion of the Wii... You know, if anything, I'm proud of the Wii for not having a trophy system. I can't stand people who say, "That game sucks balls, but it's got lots of trophies so I'm playing it anyway."
I think Achievments, Trophies, etc. are such a pointless part of gaming. At first, I didn't know too much about Xbos 360, and I actually assumed that by getting achievments you can earn Microsoft points or something. But no, all it is is to say, "Look at all my achievments! I'm a douche with no real life goal!"

And, I mean, it's alright in cases like Uncharted, and especially Uncharted 2, where these little milestones you do end up unlocking stuff. The biggest incentive for me to unlock trophies ever has been in Ucharted 1, where if you load up all the trophies from U1 into Uncharted 2, it gives you more currency to buy unlockable stuff. That's real rewards. But I don't give a s**t about having a "trophy" there, to literally compare sizes with my friends. Are you kidding me?

And people say, "Well, it's nice to have some proof that you... Did something really difficult" or whatever. Yeah, I suppose. But come on, developers spit out trophies for nothing. "You finished the tutorial, here's a trophy, noob. Feel accomplished?" "You pressed the jump button, here's a trophy for that."

So yeah, if the Wii never gets any kind of achievment support through its live cycle, I'll be proud of them.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:31 pm
Sorry I've been quiet guys, I was going through Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Just beat it now and... wow. Hats off to Climax, they bitchslapped that nail so well its head nearly fell off.

I won't say anything related to the story because there are people who are still gonna play it, but I will say that what Climax did with the series, making a big "what if" scenario as opposed to a straight-up remake worked very well.

The lack of combat, which you may or may not like, does indeed remain that way throughout the game.

And thankfully, with the help of the beautiful lighting effects with the flashlight and Akira Yamaoka's musical talent... the game had some really intense moments (not counting the chase scenes). They really breathed some life back into the series... right before Akira left. @_@

Now, it is very different from the previous games, I'll say it right now. However, unlike some other random game that I can think of, instead of giving your character a gatling gun or infinite rocket launcher... they take away everything and give you a flare. A temporary flare. And they are so very few and far between. I think I got less than 10 the whole game. You have to decide when you should, or if you even should at all, use it. It really adds to that nagging fear of what might happen if you use it too early.

I'll tell you right now, the game has retained psychological horror. Maybe not on the level of SH1-3 (as we all look through nostalgia goggles razz ), but dammit there were times in that game where I was genuinely frightened, especially near the end. Some parts were just downright chilling (yes, yes, pun intended).

As for the story, not getting into any details. I'll just say it was very finely crafted. They did a good job with it.

Overall, with just a quick review, I'd definitely give it a 9/10. They really did a wonderful job with their "reimagining". biggrin

Edit: While I have it on my mind, I found out today that Joe Romersa shares my birthday, July 27. Awesome.

Also, turns out he voices Sagat in Street Fighter IV.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 pm
Well, it was obvious from the get-go that it wasn't a straight up remake. I mean, if Heather is 17+, it means that SH1 happened in the 1980s, and they didn't have GPS cell phones back then. But I'm hoping that it's not a what-if scenario, but rather a complete reboot that's gonna start a whole new canon.

But yeah, since I have to wait until January 15th for the PS2/PSP version, I say let's not talk about it anymore.

Instead...

I played Dante's Inferno Demo last night, and I figured I'd share my impressions.

First of all, for those who say it's a God of War Clone... Well, it is... It's such a blatand God of War clone that it's not even funny. From nearly identical controls, to quick time events, to nearly identical enemy types, to drawn cinematics, to tits....

But you know what? I really don't give a crap. I don't care if the critics will bash it with their typical, "It's not innovative" bullshit, because the fact is, it's got a different storyline. It's got amazing art direction, it's fun, it's interesting, and frankly... I'll probably buy it eventually, despite already being a God of War fan.
Innovation is overrated. If I like Silent Hill, and someone else releases a game that's JUST LIKE Silent Hill... Well, then, that's only more fun to me, isn't it? So I don't get these people who complain when a game resembles too much something else awesome.
It's one issue when there are too many GTA clones and NONE of them function well. But it's another with it IS a great game. And Dante's Inferno (at least the demo) was very awesome.
Plus there aren't many games that can pass off the tagline, "Go to hell."  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 pm
January 31st, I thought. 11 years to the day after the original. That's what Wikipedia says, anyway. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 pm
Well, Gamespot has the ship date on the 12th, and the store clerk at EB games said they'll have it on the 15th, which I think accomodates for the shipping time. Unless Wikipedia lists a source, it's probably just speculation mumbo jumbo based on the "Sometime in January" statement of the official news.

In other news, I love all these news stories... How Famitsu gives Final Fantasy 13 a 39/40 instead of a perfect score, and fans go nuts. The "Controversial response." Oh magawd, FF13 is not a perfect game!? Blasphemy, Famitsu! Blasphemy!
... Or... You know... ******** off, fanboys. No game out there is pefect. 39/40 is 9.75 out of 10. And frankly, I doubt it deserves even that much. I mean, if Famitsu wants to give Bayonetta a perfect score, then it's obviously not worth listening to.
But either way, Final Fantasy fanboys should shut up and get over it. FF13 isn't peftect. Neither is FF6 nor FF7.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Interesting article. I don't know, I don't really pay the Trophies or Achievements much mind. I think it works in some ways as some of the achievements require you to play the game in a different way than you normally would to get the achievement, which adds replay value and motivates you to explore different aspects to the game... but unlocking every Trophy/Achievement is just too time consuming for me. And some are just too difficult just for a little token that says you did it.

I'll probably never unlock a Platinum Trophy for that reason, because I'm not gonna dedicate that much time to any one game. And yeah, if it doesn't give me any cool in-game bonus or something, there's really no motivation for me. But I'm not opposed to the idea. If someone wants to compare his bigger "e-p***s" to mine to feel better about himself, hey, that's his prerogative. Maybe that's because I was too busy using my IRL p***s in IRL v****a to be too concerned about Extenze-ing my videogame one (or wasting my time being a fanboy on internet forums xD). The Trophies/Achievements are fairly easy to ignore.

But yeah, when I first heard about the Xbox gamer score points and everything, somebody told me that you could use those points to purchase some of the Xbox Live Arcade games, but such is not the case. See, something like that would give me more incentive.

And as long as a game is a good rip-off, not much to complain about. But innovation is innovation. That's all I'll say about that. And as far as gameplay goes, God of War didn't invent anything. Rygar came first. God of War was just bloodier. Oh, and tits. God of War wasn't the first videogame that had tits either. First time I saw tits in a videogame was D2 on Dreamcast (see? this tit scene is just like God of War!!). And I know there were others before that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:25 pm
Well, then that's all the more reason that if Dante's Inferno gets flak for being "unoriginal" by critics, they should go screw themselves. The demo was awesome, and I'll most likely get the game as soon as I start earning money again.

Another problem I have with trophies is that if I'm really immersed into a game, I don't want some annoying "ding" with a window that takes up a good chunk of my screen saying, "You've earned such and such!"
Like, I can sign out of PS Network, and not see my friends sign in, pause the downloads and not be bugged by "Finished Downloading" messages. But You just can't turn those damn trophy messages off. I don't give a crap if I won a trophy for beating up my first enemy, I don't wanna be bothered by it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 pm
Double posting to bring you results of Spike TV's Video Game Awards winners, in case you aren't watching. I'll update it as they're announced.:

Best Voice: Jack Black as Eddie Riggs - Brutal Legend

Best Action Adventure: Assassin's Creed II

Studio of the Year: Rocksteady Studios

Best Team Sports Game: NHL '10

Best Performance by a Human Male: Hugh Jackman - X-men Origins: Wolverine

Best Cast: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Best Independent Game: Flower

Best Individual Sports Video Game: UFC 2009 Undisputed

Best RPG: Dragon Age Origins

Best PC Game: Dragon Age Origins

Best Performance by a Human Female: Megan Fox - Transformers 2

Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex

Best Wii Game: New Super Mario Bors. Wii

Best DLC: GTAIV - The Ballad of Gay Tony

Most Anticipated Game: God of War III

Best Shooter: Modern Warfare 2

Best Multiplayer: Modern Warfare 2

Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter 4

Best Handheld Game: GTA Chinatown Wars

Best Driving Game: Forza Motorsport 3

Best Soundtrack: DJ Hero

Best Xbox 360 game: Left 4 Dead 2

Best Original Score: Halo 3 ODST

Best Game Based on Movie or TV Show: South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

Best Music Game: The Beatles Rock Band

Best PlayStation 3 Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

Best Graphics: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

And lastly...

Game of the Year: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

Wow, I gotta say, I was overall disappointed by the turnout. But that last one (which was announced at the same time with the two before it) was a really pleasant surprise. I'm satisfied. Uncharted 2 definitely deserves it.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the show this year. Not the winners, necessarily... But just the overall presentation. Last year Jack Black put on one hell of a show... This year, there was nothing.
Last year 50 Cent performed, and I gotta say, I did not think there could be anything WORSE than that. Then this band called "The Bravery" comes on, and it's the most atrocious sound I've ever heard. The singer... I honestly thought he had cerebral palsy when he first came out. The way he stands and sings, he looks like he's physically disabled. Turns out he's the OTHER kind of retarded. The idiot kind.

But Snoop Dogg's performance was stellar. Then again, last year we had LL Cool J performing "Mama Said Knock You Out" so that was still better.

Like I said, overall the presentation wasn't nearly as good as last year's.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm
Oh my God. Yes. YES. eek

The Prince of Persia Returns article

The Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands trailer

An in-between game, taking place in-between Sands of Time and Warrior Within. Ubisoft Montreal is at it again, and I'm so pumped.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 pm
Gotta love them Canadians.
Is Yuri Lowenthal gonna reprise his role as the voice of the Prince? I dunno if it mentions this in the articles. I'm not gonna read them, since I never got into Prince of Persia.
I really should though. I'm gonna look into obtaining the Sands of Time trilogy on the PS2.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm
^ I hope he does. He did awesome voicing the Prince in Sands of Time and The Two Thrones. The guy who did it in Warrior Within wasn't bad, but it just wasn't the Prince. He sounded far too angry, which I guess fits in the game... But like the article said, what's gonna be blended from Sands of Time and Warrior Within, or hell, even The Two Thrones? I've definitely got my eye on this now... biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm
Well, I checked his Wiki, and apparently he WILL be reprising his role. Awesome. He's a cool guy.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 733 734 735 736 737 738 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games