Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 pm
@ Elena: Master Queef. That's what I like calling him. xd No offense. I don't hate Halo, but sometimes that can get under the right type of fanboy's skin. And I remember watching Red VS Blue with my ex-girlfriend back in '06. I thought it was weird, because she didn't even play videogames or know what Halo was, but liked that show for some reason. Where did I go...

@ Bio: Yeah, apparently. But the flashbacks are more consistent with the original MGS. So, you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't.

I'll catch you guys on the flip. Have fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 pm
Well, Stranger, to be fair, the imagery they show is from MGS on PS1, but the voice sample flashbacks they play are from Twin Snakes.

Honestly, though, I remember learning something about this at school.... The game that is made by a developer (Silicon Knights) is the property of the publisher (Konami). But all the resources that the developer creates, the 3D models, textures, effects, basically all the assets they make, belong to the developer.
It's an odd little clause. Basically it means if you comission someone to make your game, you can technically get another company to make the sequel, but all the stuff that the first company actually created belongs to THEM.
Which, I speculate, is the reason why MGS4 used screenshots from MGS for PS1, because that's still a property of Konami. And even though Konami published Twin Snakes, all the assets of that game belong to Silicon Knights. So technically, Konami can't use them.
The voice overs for Twin Snakes were probably recorded in a Konami studio, where they record the voice overs for the other games, so that's why Konami can still use them.

I'm pretty sure that's the case.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:48 pm
That's interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:15 pm
And speaking of MGS...
Today is a great day for Metal Gear Solid.
PlayStation Network released Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel and last but not least, the English demo of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
I honestly don't know why I had my doubts, I just did, but luckily those doubts have been removed by the demo... Yes, David Hayter will be back in Peace Walker!

In non MG news, Final Fantasy 8 is also available on the PS Network. 1.7 gigs, haha. But it's worth it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:24 pm
Kinda makes me want a PS3 right now. Sucks, two things of mine broke. My TV, so I have to wait to get a new one, or repair this one. And my PSP. So not ever alittle MGS: PO to pass the time.

And yeah, sorry I haven't been as active over the last couple months. Well, mainly the last year or so. I've been busy with several different things.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm
I find myself addicted to Left 4 Dead 2....  

Confectionery Pastry

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:30 pm
Elliot Salem
Kinda makes me want a PS3 right now. Sucks, two things of mine broke. My TV, so I have to wait to get a new one, or repair this one. And my PSP. So not ever alittle MGS: PO to pass the time.

And yeah, sorry I haven't been as active over the last couple months. Well, mainly the last year or so. I've been busy with several different things.
Well, I don't know what you've been up to, but I'm almost jealous. Usually if I'm not on Gaia, it means I'm doing something productive.

But yeah, if you get your PSP fixed/replaced, you CAN download PSP stuff from your computer, so you don't really need a PS3 for that. It just makes it more convenient.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem

Well, I don't know what you've been up to, but I'm almost jealous. Usually if I'm not on Gaia, it means I'm doing something productive.

But yeah, if you get your PSP fixed/replaced, you CAN download PSP stuff from your computer, so you don't really need a PS3 for that. It just makes it more convenient.

Well, it's nothing to be jealous about, unless you want a family. I've been busy with my family. And work. And then some unfortunate events here and there.

Well, reason I want a PS3 is because I still haven't played MGS 4, and both Uncharted games. I feel left out.  

Elliot Salem

Confectionery Pastry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:34 pm
Elliot Salem
Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem

Well, it's nothing to be jealous about, unless you want a family. I've been busy with my family. And work. And then some unfortunate events here and there.

Well, reason I want a PS3 is because I still haven't played MGS 4, and both Uncharted games. I feel left out.

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason I want a PS3.
And inFamous. That game looks cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 pm
Yeah, they are awesome, not gonna lie.
I really haven't played MGS4 enough. The problem is that I usually like to play it at the end of a run through the entire series. And now, I'm waiting for Peace Walker to come out so I can do a Chronological run, MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MG1, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS4.
So I'm waiting til June, I guess.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 pm
That's what I've been hearing.
June seems so far away to wait. But I can understand why. It's like watching movies. I can't just watch a sequel, I have to watch the original, beforehand or else it just feels like it's missing something,  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 pm
Yeah. It's kind of a bothersome habit, though.
I mean, it's very time consuming, and sometimes involves having to grind through a few of the less interesting games... Not in Metal Gear, but when it comes to other franchises, I mean.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am
Question: Can you download and play PSP games on your PS3? If so...Tight.

And LOL. Since obtaining my PS3, I've never really went on the store, so I only recently discovered demos. Now my life is being consumed by them! I'm playing through the demos of games I've been considering buying. I have found out that half of the games are just not for me. Oh demos, were have you've been all my life?

Yay, FFVIII! But sh**, in the coming year, my life is going to be dominated by FF. Still have VII to beat, then there's VIII, X, XIII, and The Crystal Bearers! Sh**! Overdose.

About three quarters through Twin Snakes. This is my third play through; first on normal mode. The last time I played it was about four years ago, so, to tell the truth, my 16 year old lame brain couldn't comprehend entirely what was going on. But now...There is so much I'm picking up on now! Awesome. I love the game even more. I cannot wait to play the rest.

Lastly, I went to see a pre-screening of Avatar last night. Here are my thoughts:

The story is a mixture of cliches to birth a new idea, and in saying that, I liked it. The CGI was incredibly impressive, but I think that your brain never allows the idea for the creatures to convince you of their realism, since you know they are not real. 3D for me is not a gimmick, but after having viewed four movies with the improved technology, it's effect has waned on me a bit, so I wasn't getting into it this time.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:23 am
Naw, sorry. Can't play them... Though I'd give it a "Yet" because they are working to make the PSP Minis like Tetris playable on the PS3. So who knows, maybe with time the other PSP games will catch on too.
But I honestly doubt it. I mean, that would be counter productive, since Sony WANTS people to buy PSPs, right?
But yeah, you do download the PSP games onto the PS3, and, that's where I store them, basically. Since I can't fit all of them onto one memory stick.

Yeah, demos pretty much eliminated my need to rent. The only reason I'd rent a game is to see if it's worth buying. And now, Demos tell me.

See? If you had a PSP... You could get FFVII and VIII on your PSP, then you'd save yourself some time because you could play them.... On the bus, waiting at the hospital, or whever. Or even, when you're grinding, you could watch TV at the same time, it's what I do. That's why I think the handhelds are the best platform for JRPGs.

I'm holding out. I'm gonna wait until like, April, then I'm gonna replay the entire Metal Gear Solid saga chronologically, starting with MGS3. Oh yeah, I mentioned that already.

Yeah, I don't think they look particularly life-like. I probably won't see Avatar in theaters. Next movie I'll see will be Sherlock Holmes!  

Biohazard EXTREME

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
ElenaMason
well Halo I'll let slide because well yeah it has a great multiplayer, but the story itself isn't that entirely engaging or oh-so-awesome-sauce. has a good story but i wouldn't say its as indepth as the Resident Evil story or even the Silent Hill stories.
Well, Silent Hill stories were always more fleshed out than Resident Evil, so that goes without saying.

ElenaMason

So the games are based on majority vote? Uuuuuuuuuugh oh well. I know in my heart what games are best so screw the rest xP But no I didn't vote. I mean I don't really watch tv anymore to be quite honest. I could live my life without cable and be happy. All I need is my internet, my games, and my costumes and anime. That's about it. And I'm set to go smile Doubt my vote would have made a difference though.
See, it's that kind of attitude that allowed Bush to get elected twice. Your vote always matters!

Hey I love bushes....I meant Bush. no jk xD no but seriously I'm Republican and I would vote for Bush again if given the chance. but yeah I'm not going to jump into that.

Quote:
@ Elena: Master Queef. That's what I like calling him. No offense. I don't hate Halo, but sometimes that can get under the right type of fanboy's skin. And I remember watching Red VS Blue with my ex-girlfriend back in '06. I thought it was weird, because she didn't even play videogames or know what Halo was, but liked that show for some reason. Where did I go...

haha oh god thats funny xD Master Queef. Its like beef only without the meat. oh and guess what bitches? IM IN TEXAS! where the death penalty still exists, thank god, and you hear "yall" a lot.....and of course the steak. zomg.

you guys wont believe the "find" I found today though. I just about cam right in the store when I saw it. I don't know if any of you are action figure/pvc statue collectors like I am, but the one thing I love about Toy's R Us is that they sell gaming action figures. And what my eyes beheld was old school Resident Evil 1 action figures. The brand is called Resident Evil Archives and they were selling for 13 bucks each. I bought myself a S.T.A.R.S. Chris biggrin they also have a Jill, a zombie with a zombie dog, a Licker, and a few others in the series. but DAMN IT ALL THEY DONT HAVE WESKER! WTFFFFF! scream i mean come on god DAMN IT they have figures for practically all the main enemies you meet in the game BUT Wersker. that's such a rip off.....  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games