Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Andor
Giang Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 pm
"It would be useful to be able to Link with someone when we have to fight the Order," Kiae reminded him. "I'm still thinking about it, but having a Bond would make a Link much easier to handle." She shrugged, rubbing her eyes. "There's too much going on right now anyway."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm
"It does make sense, when you look at it that way. Give it some thought, don't make any decisions anything too fast." Cobain advised her, somewhat aware that it was ironic indeed that he of all people would be saying that. "And you're right." He agreed, coming over to kneel down beside Kiae's seat. "You're tired." He said, not wanting to point out the obvious but knowing better than to put it into a question form. "Think about it in the morning, when your head's clearer." He suggested.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 am
By now he was walking back and forth, partially wondering if he had worn a hole into the floor and even ground yet. He knew he was being spyed upon, yet the wards made sure that nothing was heard. He even made sure not to speak anything of the plan in case the ward could be undone and broken. No matter how much I circle around the matter, it continues to come back to the fact that I need to weave along side her. If possible I'd rather not. And she might become attached to me because of our past. That could work to my advantage, Or my disadvantage. At least I will keep entertained until Esole has gotten here. Then I must console her and try to calm her as well as request that her shield be undone. Wards should be placed around the entire camp and then one to cover the entire area. So much work and not enough time.

He sat back down in the chair for the fifth time and took off his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he tried to organize everything whirling around in his mind. She should be back by now. Unless she decided to be lazy and let the whole tinker group gather the items for her. Most likely the case. And she wished to be a brown. She acts like a little stuck up noble girl who can't get dirty and won't give away any status to further research. This will be a test of my patience.

((posting nothing. Ignore the rambling thoughts....he's still rather upset))  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:00 pm
(No prob. Sorry I haven't been around, haven't felt up to anything lately.)

"You're actually right for once," she agreed, shaking her head as if unable to believe that fact. "I'll take a nap until Rowiyl finishes adjusting the mannequins for Melthin," she decided, having given the Tinker back his creations along with the list. Kiae couldn't relax that well, however, and sighed. "Never mind, I can't do it," she decided, standing and going over to the books. "I'll keep reading until he gets back. At least that's relaxing," she decided.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 am
((It's alright, neither am I, really. I'm just relieved I didn't miss anything during my weekend at David's. mrgreen ))

"All right." Cobain agreed, sitting back and crossing his legs. "I'll be here if you need me for anything." He offered, laying out a half-dozen his knives and a whetstone. Humming softly to himself, he began to sharpen them, testing the edge with his thumb before moving to the next.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:22 am
It had been almost three minutes since Melthin had decided to stay in the chair. Sadly it had also been three minutes since he had fallen asleep in said chair. As he slept, visions haunted him and memories danced in a roaring blaze. Anya was scolding him as he sat so as not to provoke her to use something other then her words. He was standing over a ballroom of dead men and women in some city, weaving on them and then casting them aside. He was standing before a pit and looking downward into it laughing like a madman as thirty corpses stood behind him silently. None of it seemed like it should be. He had never killed a ballroom full of people nor had he ever gone to a place that he could only think to describe as the Dark One's prison. He slowly turned and saw an odd creature sitting on a throne. The throne itself looked to be inlaid with a multitude of gold and ivory. He walked toward the throne as he continued to wonder who the being seated upon it was.

As he came closer, the light began to show the form of boots and a traveling cloak. His own. He smiled and looked around the rest of the room. "So what? Is this supposed to make me join the Dark One and your feeble forces? Promises of wealth and power? It seems that for as long as you Darkfriends have known me, you truly don't know me at all. I refuse your paltry excuses for rewards." The boots moved slightly and touched the floor, more of the other man's clothes revealed to be the same as Melthin's. Melthin turned and just watched as he neared. "You are not meant for power or wealth. You, Dear Melthin..." He tried to stop the gloved hand that grabbed his throat and lifted him off the ground, his gaze froze on the other's face as he saw what would befall him some day. The other man was Melthin, just dead and reanimated. "...Shall die." He awoke startled and turned swiftly in his chair to confront any who might have woven on him to give him such a nightmare.

"Nothing. An illusion my own mind made? No, why would I picture that?" He turned back around and looked down at the desk, shaking his head as he pondered what it could mean. "Dreams are said to be a small glimpse into one's future," he mumbled as he pondered. "Why isn’t that blasted girl back yet. Sitting here waiting is driving me insane. Already my dreams are plagued by my worries."  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:20 am
"Here are the items you requested, Kiae," Rowiyl announced, entering his tent and handing her a small canvas sack. She took it with an appreciative smile nod, rising to her feet.
"Thank you, Rowiyl. I'll let you know if there's anything else I require," she assured him, gathering her skirts as she stepped down from the wagon to the ground, ignoring Cobain whether or not he chose to follow her. Keeping a firm grip on the bag, she made her way to where she knew Melthin was waiting.
"Here are the items," Kiae informed him, holding out the sack towards him.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:51 am
Cobain started to rise, then notice Kiae had swept out of the wagon without a backwards glance. "She'll call me if she needs me." He thought, then immediately reconsidered, thought about the very nature of a Warder. Mumbling to himself, he gathered up his knives and followed her, sprinting to catch up and fall in behind her. He stood to the side of the two and waited, seeing if he would be able to take a seat and keep up his work or if Kiae was going to dash off again.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:50 am
Melthin took the bag from her and studied its content's spilling them unto the floor. "Recheck the weaves for any flaws, cracks or anything else that would allow others to eavesdrop and spy." Without any wait for her to check, he took a few things out of the bag and began to inspect them. First the knives, then the a set of arms, taking a long and hard look at it. He had to admit, Rowiyl did do I fine job when it came to custom made items such as this. He opened the arm and looked to the inside. Nodding approvingly, he went on to look at the clothing and the weapons, a short sword and a staff. Not much, but it shall do. "Kiae....If bonded and or, linked, would you be able to see my weaving and vice versa?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:03 am
Cobain looked on curiously, taking a seat. He shook his head critically at the quality of the knives at Melthin's feet. 'Those aren't fighting knives.' He thought. The short sword looked to be well-made, but the knives appeared to be common kitchen tools. Shrugging, he figured Melthin knew what he was doing and Cobain went back to his knives. He finished the last of the blades he had set out and replaced them in his coat, taking out several more and beginning to fine-tune their edge, mostly throwing knives this time. He kept his eye on his work but an ear tuned for their conversation, not only did it concern his Kiae but it was quite interesting.  

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:10 pm
Kiae raised her brow skeptically, observing the man who was currently ignoring her after ordering her. "I will check the weave once you learn how to ask your better, not order me as if I served you," she informed him, having privately already inspected the weaves herself. Folding her arms across her chest, she shrugged.
"I believe I would be able to at least sense your weaves. I'm not sure if you would be able to see mine, though," she admitted.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:00 am
"Kiae Sedai, Please recheck your weaves. I have no time to play the polite gentleman while time is steadily ticking away. By this time tomorrow we will either have the information we seek or I shall be dead. On a side note, I need something to keep me awake for a while. No doubt they have been invading my dreams as well..." He pondered and wondered if he could guide her weaving and in a way teach her his puppetry weave. Gathering up the knives, he walked over to Cobain and set them down in front of the man. "If you could, I need each one of those knives sharpened by tomorrow evening preferably." He went back and began weaving on the puppet, not given strings as an order by Melthin on the page he had handed and made hollow with hatches to open each one up. "When we are ready...I am fairly confident that we will have everything we will need to stand on par with this pitiful Order. Of that I am certain."  

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:54 am
"Certainly." Cobain agreed, picking up the nearest, testing it with his thumb and wincing. It was ungodly dull. He sighed mentally and began his work, tucking all his knives away. "If I may put in a suggestion or two here? Get some better knives as soon as you're able. These are okay for a rush, but look at 'em- They're kitchen knives, skinning knives. Not killing knives." He pointed out, never looking up from his work. "A few good fights and these things'll snap right in two." He glanced up at the man then. "Oh, and Melthin? Show Kiae the proper respect. It don't take but a second to say 'please' and 'thankee' and all that." He suggested, going back to his task.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am
(I was waiting for Matrim to post, since Cobain addressed him last, but he hasn't.)

Kiae smiled thinly, quickly losing patience with the man. "I have been dealing with the Order far longer than you have," she informed him primly. "And dealing with Darkfriends since before you born. I suggest you remember that fact before you open that mouth of yours again."
She rolled her eyes at the man's last remark, shooting Cobain a small smile. "Pitiful Order?" she repeated. "Do you have any idea the damage they have caused? Your arrogance may blind you, so a lesson in humility will be taught shortly unless you learn it yourself. Do I make myself clear?" she demanded, using a private weave to amplify her voice and enhance her appearance, a common Aes Sedai trick. One that worked, however.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:56 am
((I was waiting for you to post.....how weird! XD))
"Very well Cobain. I shall try." He said as he finished his inspection and turned to Kiae. "Respect demanded is respect lost. It must be earned. I do respect your prowess and your wisdom, that I will give to you." Melthin stared at her unimpressed at the age old trick of Aes Sedai and her warning. "You think I do not know these facts? That they have ransacked villages, murdered without care and done far worse? That they blind and fool people into joining them before they truly know what they have done? Oh yes I know these all too well, Anya was a testament to their inhumane minds and vile ways." He turned back to his work and began weaving something he had never done. He slowly rethought of Anya sitting in their home and smiling at him while he brought her a cup of war honeyed tea.

She's dead, let it go. You can never have that again. You've chosen your path you young fool. Now you must see it to the end. As he finished and wove the puppet up, he nodded at his work. For at first glance it looked like any normal puppet, yet at a closer inspection, one would find that there were no strings attaching any of the pieces. It looks as if my hypothesis was correct. I can substitute weaves of air for the string and it will still work the same. "On a side note Kiae Sedai it is high time you two learned of my plan. Are the wards still holding? Secondly I need your counsel on this very plan Kiae, I don't want my dreams to start becoming a reality." He now seemed nervous, and indeed he was, if their enemy had heard any of it then it would surely come undone.  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games