Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
HTC Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:39 pm
SIIIIIGH!!

So things where I live are becoming mind numbingly mundane.

I feel like im slowly loosing my mind as I have not had any true social interaction sense September.

Still trying to get job, you would think that after applying to 8 different crappy places you would get at least one reply from someone, but you would be WRONG!! emotion_donotwant
Its pretty hard to pay for a car and collage when you cant make money.

Also, NJ sucks a big one for their rules for getting a drivers license. Because I did not previously have one, and under 21 is considdered "young adult" and not full adult its takes a minimum of 1.5 years before you can have a full license....A GODDAMN YEAR AND A HALF!!! emotion_donotwant
I was learning how to drive in a country with much stricter street laws! I should not have to wait THAT LONG when I am completely capable of driving! And manual no less!!

Well thats my update....or more like unintentional mini rant.

So how are all you peoples? emotion_c8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 am
Hogosha neko
SIIIIIGH!!

So things where I live are becoming mind numbingly mundane.

I feel like im slowly losing my mind as I have not had any true social interaction since September.

How have you not had any social interaction since sept?

Hogosha neko

Still trying to get job, you would think that after applying to 8 different crappy places you would get at least one reply from someone, but you would be WRONG!! emotion_donotwant
Its pretty hard to pay for a car and collage when you cant make money.

Could always apply to a non mediocre place biggrin

Hogosha neko

Also, NJ sucks a big one for their rules for getting a drivers license. Because I did not previously have one, and under 21 is considdered "young adult" and not full adult its takes a minimum of 1.5 years before you can have a full license....A GODDAMN YEAR AND A HALF!!! emotion_donotwant
I was learning how to drive in a country with much stricter street laws! I should not have to wait THAT LONG when I am completely capable of driving! And manual no less!!

That seems like some strange rules...

Hogosha neko

Well thats my update....or more like unintentional mini rant.

So how are all you peoples? emotion_c8

I am doing pretty well; getting back on the training schedule so I can get into road riding as soon as the weather is good enough for me to bring my bike outside. Hard exercise is so satisfying for some reason.  

00Shoe
Captain

Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 pm
Hey, wassup, dudes?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm
How have you not had any social interaction since sept?

Moved to the US from England. We live on the base which at its longest point is 20 miles long. There is pretty much never any one out and about on it, and when there is its not anyone my age. And due to the fact that my mother is busy with school and I dont have my own car im normally stuck in the house by myself, and can rarely go out and do anything.

Could always apply to a non mediocre place biggrin

I would but im currently limited by range.

That seems like some strange rules...

You can say that again. Its stupid. http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/YoungAdult.htm

I am doing pretty well; getting back on the training schedule so I can get into road riding as soon as the weather is good enough for me to bring my bike outside. Hard exercise is so satisfying for some reason.

Oooh, sounds like fun. Never been on anything outside of mountain bikes and BMX bikes.

Hogosha neko

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 am
Mani Ze Wanderer
Hey, wassup, dudes?

Just being dashing as always biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 am
00Shoe
Mani Ze Wanderer
Hey, wassup, dudes?

Just being dashing as always biggrin
A dashing rogue appears? razz  

Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 pm
Mani Ze Wanderer

Haha, something like that biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 am
00Shoe
Mani Ze Wanderer

Haha, something like that biggrin
So, how's it going? XD  

Mani Ze Wanderer

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Over Easy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 am
Mani Ze Wanderer
So, how's it going? XD

Trying to find some new music to listen to, I am bored with everything in my library right now (or I just don't know what I have that I want to listen to)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am
Whoa guys! It is way too busy around here - better slow down on posting! (That was sarcasm... where did everyone go?)  

00Shoe
Captain

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 am
Why do most furry websites have really bad design? Just something kinda weird I noticed recently since I've been looking up a lot of suit makers.
You'd think someone who sells things as expensive as fursuits would be able to afford a semi-decent web designer, ahah.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:57 am
Xennified
Why do most furry websites have really bad design? Just something kinda weird I noticed recently since I've been looking up a lot of suit makers.
You'd think someone who sells things as expensive as fursuits would be able to afford a semi-decent web designer, ahah.

If you mean personal sites - it is probably because the people build them with very basic knowledge of coding; and the main thing - coders generally lack the skill of aesthetics (I know that isn't always true).

As for professionally built sites, usually those ones are lacking because the person who is having the site built for them has to get their ideas in instead of trusting the judgement of the professionals, or tries to go as cheap as possible and hires someone because they 'know' how to build websites.

Bottom line, bad looking sites make you look bad!  

00Shoe
Captain

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 am
00Shoe
Xennified

If you mean personal sites - it is probably because the people build them with very basic knowledge of coding; and the main thing - coders generally lack the skill of aesthetics (I know that isn't always true).

As for professionally built sites, usually those ones are lacking because the person who is having the site built for them has to get their ideas in instead of trusting the judgement of the professionals, or tries to go as cheap as possible and hires someone because they 'know' how to build websites.

Bottom line, bad looking sites make you look bad!

I guess I can't see how it looks to the people making them, but I thought it'd be obvious not to have things like eye-meltingly bright backgrounds and almost unreadable fonts. Laid out in a table a lot of the time too ahah. Then again, seeing some peoples' fursonas I should be expecting the bright colours.
Exceptional web design is really difficult and I don't blame them for going with something basic, but if looking at a website is a painful experience then it just seems like they're trying to be awful. x.x

Mm, well since I'm a student web developer (Both design and programming) it just means it might be a bit easier for me to find work? I dunno razz
But yeah Weasyl's an awesome example of a well made website.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm
Xennified
Mm, well since I'm a student web developer (Both design and programming) it just means it might be a bit easier for me to find work? I dunno razz

Have you just started with web design or is that something that you have been doing for a while?

I still take a keen interest in elegant web design but I don't have time for it like I used to, more over I apply my love of design to my software development. I would be considered part of the Delicious Generation of software design. I find it so fun to mix form and aesthetics all the way from UI and user interaction all the way down to how the code looks - everything must be beautiful.

I just wish I had infinite time for design, but alas software has to be released; and I don't get to obsess over every detail as much as I would prefer.  

00Shoe
Captain

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm
00Shoe
Xennified

Have you just started with web design or is that something that you have been doing for a while?

I still take a keen interest in elegant web design but I don't have time for it like I used to, more over I apply my love of design to my software development. I would be considered part of the Delicious Generation of software design. I find it so fun to mix form and aesthetics all the way from UI and user interaction all the way down to how the code looks - everything must be beautiful.

I just wish I had infinite time for design, but alas software has to be released; and I don't get to obsess over every detail as much as I would prefer.

I've only been doing it for about a year, I did some stuff in college the year before I started university but not very much. I know most of the concepts behind web design, though there's a lot of more general design stuff I still have to learn. I haven't got far into the programming side of web yet either.

It's pretty important with web design to think of function first, create the base site, then keep adding layers of cool stuff on top of that. That way people who are on basic devices that don't support all the latest features can still get a fully functional and decent looking site.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games