Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:20 am
Ha, no way am I smart enough to actually get this kind of job on my own. It came by recommendation, and they wanted someone who could speak mandarin, so it was part luck as well. Pay's not THAT good, but it would be fantastic if I could stop asking my parents for money when I go out.

I'm such a pushover, I could never threaten kids or "assert my authority".

What kind of reward system can I offer a kid who has everything?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:30 pm
@ CBC: Pfft. Maybe it's because you have never lived with a little kid as annoying as my sister ¬.¬
If his/her attention span is long enough, explain that once they learn this stuff, they can do whatever they want when they're older.
And try to be sociable. Little kids love chatter.

@ Niphy: I have Mme Daguenet... Which is good, because I don't like Mme Walton, and there's this new teacher called Mme Joyner who apparently sucks.
OMG We had to have Mme Brizard for one year... I can't remember if you were there or not but she was a supply teacher for when Dags went on maternity leave. Everyone called her "Triangle" because her hair was in a triangle shape (no seriously, I swear it was just as pointy at the ends). Anyway, she sucked. We thought we got rid of her this year, but she stayed for the whole of the winter term, and to make matters worse, we have to have the French assistant this year on Tuesdays. I think her name is Pauline Salergno or something, anyway she looks like a rat and her voice is several octaves higher than usual. She doesn't help you learn at all ¬.¬

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:04 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Ha, no way am I smart enough to actually get this kind of job on my own. It came by recommendation, and they wanted someone who could speak mandarin, so it was part luck as well. Pay's not THAT good, but it would be fantastic if I could stop asking my parents for money when I go out.

I'm such a pushover, I could never threaten kids or "assert my authority".

What kind of reward system can I offer a kid who has everything?

A kid who has everything? Is s/he the spoilt brat of a rich family? blaugh rofl I guess it's going to be problematic. If they really detest studying then trying to make it fun will be a very difficult task.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:12 am
@Liani: I studied it for five years and it helped ground the basics in me but... if I ever wanted to be fluent I'd have to live there. That's definitely the best way to pick up fluency in terms of your oral skills. I'm not quite as genius as Niph in that I could become fluent just by learning it here (or rather, I have much less interest and put much less effort in xD; wink .

O____O
Although I am stunned by that amount, I am also utterly devastated. I don't think I've ever owned even 50k in one go in all of my Gaia life. gonk
I'm probably not going to sell it, though. I do like it. heart  

Chibito7

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:06 am
Mid semester exams! stare  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:10 am
@ B&B: Well, of course. I'd only pick up the colloquial language and accent from living there as well. I wonder what the French 'chav' accent sounds like xD

Oh, and neither have I. I don't think I even have anything worth 50k.
My account is only worth about 100k ¬.¬

Though I swear that Furugasa was really expensive when it first came out. Maybe it dropped due to the recession >.<

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am
Furugasa always hovered around 60k or so, it fluctuates a little around that price..

@LV - Ohh! I love Daggers, she's so sweet, how's her baby? And Waltz is alright once you get used to her.. I guess.. she's a bit intimidating though~ if you ever have her for French you have to call her Tash! She'll understand immediately and be like YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO HAIYUE! xDD; Also I LIKED Brizard (although we called her Bizarre xD), she was tough but taught well..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:54 am
All this "in" speak between you two is getting a little too cozy.

Where're my Aus peeps who I can bag out the lack of ANZAC Day holiday to?  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 am
I don't think my account even adds up to 100k... *shrug* Don't care, really. xD;;

Wait, it probably does. There are a few things that are quite expensive (most gifts, lool), but the rest are a load of crap. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:45 pm
@ B&B: Erm... *cough-grunny-cough*

@ Niphy: OMG You liked Triangle?! I thought her teaching sucked... we spent over a term on the past tense and at the end half our class were still like "Huh? Etre verbs? What are they?"
And she rubbed the board with Dags' green dragon-chicken thingy... crying
Lol it was so funny, my friend asked her "What's triangle in French?" in the lesson, and she just replied without even noticing that everyone was sniggering behind their books xD
We pinned up on our common room board a picture of a triangle with the French flag colours on it, and when she left we wrote "RIP" in really huge letters across it xD

Apparently Dags needs to take her baby to the hospital to get an operation on thursday sad She didn't tell us why... Though I don't think it's anything serious because she wasn't looking very upset when she said it.
Where on earth did "Tash" come from? You're calling the teachers by their first names?
I had her for French for one term in year 7 before we went into different groups. She kept telling me to put my shoes on even though I didn't even take them off in the first place (I mean, it was impossible, they had laces)...
Apparently she really hates people who take off their shoes in the lesson, and she threw a girl's shoes out the window and they were nearly squashed by a truck xD

MWAHAHAHAHA! I gots a certificate of merit in Intermediate Maths Kangaroo~ -has a nice purple certificate and a cute kangaroo keyring-
Though I have a feeling that my guessing skills contributed quite a bit to it ninja

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:41 pm
@Liani & B&B: Do the two of you only have 100K at most worth of items? O_0. I thought you'd both be wealthier. I'm not exactly a pauper, but my wealth probably pales in comparison to Niph, Tosh or Sin.

Then again, most of my wealth is concentrated in a few expensive items such as the Guitar of Angellus, Staff of the Angels and the Kiki Kitty. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 am
Yeah, our wealth was built up back in the days when "donation items", as they were known" cost a maximum of about 10K when they first came out.

I think I got my Kiki for...3K. surprised  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:14 am
@Mini: Darling, I don't actually come on Gaia... I just log in, click on the Daily Chance, get rid of the announcements and post here in the Chatterbox. That, my friend, is the extent of my Gaia life. xD How am I meant to be any richer like this?!

Lol yes, the Grunny... Hm, lemme see what my most expensive items are... (nowhere near as expensive as the KiKi!):
[in ascending order]
- Elegant Pearl Strand Bracelet: 9k (birthday gift? - Niph)
- Magical Girl: 15k (bought by self)
- ORLY? Hat: 18k (Secret Santa gift - Mini)
- Fairy Wings: 25k (anonymous gift... no more xD)
- Grunny: 40k (bought by self)
- Furugasa: 45k (anonymous gift)
- Mantilla Wings: 53k (gift)

I think that's it.

So altogether, my more expensive items come to a total of 195k. Someone tell me if my calculations are wrong... cba avec calculator.

But if I included the other s**t in my account, I probably have about another few k... Plus my current 18k.

It's not that much. After all, I'm never on Gaia, lol. Cba.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:43 pm
@ B&B: OMG! We're the same! No wonder we're so poor...
But WTF your items are worth like twice all of mine...

-goes on tektek- O.O apparently, my account's only worth about 50k now because everything dropped in price so much stare
I have the suckiest luck in the world.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:53 pm
I'm only worth about 3M P: t0shi is a lot richer than little Niphy~

@B&B - I swear I give you too much stuff. xD;;  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 738 739 740 741 742 743 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games