Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:34 pm
Metal Gear Solid 2 is good so far. Just started the Plant chapter. But what the hell is up with that Liquid's arm spoilerpossessing Ocelot thingy? Lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:16 pm
Yeah, it was a bit weird. But they explain it in MGS4.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:38 pm
Chase Me To The End
Metal Gear Solid 2 is good so far. Just started the Plant chapter. But what the hell is up with that Liquid's arm spoilerpossessing Ocelot thingy? Lol.

It's gayness. And even though MGS4 gives contradicting explanations, it's still gayness. Here's where MGS gets all post-modern, pretentious, and, well, dumb. Be prepared for a lot of plot holes, contradictions, and s**t that doesn't make any sense. I realize that was kind of supposed to be the point, but, well, it still sucks. The same thing has been done in other mediums and genres, and done much better. I don't think MGS was proper vessel for this kind of story, but I guess that's just me. My MGS stealth action game shouldn't be like a frikkin' David Lynch film. There's a huge plot hole towards the end that isn't explained unless you gleamed the information from the Document of Metal Gear Solid 2, which is basically a making of DVD. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to refer to other sources outside of the game to understand what the ******** is going on in its own damn storyline. And there's still another plot hole at the end that even MGS4 didn't explain. With MGS2, the gameplay is really the only redeeming quality. I probably played through that one the most, because the gameplay was so fun. As well as for the unlockables, dog tags, and to get a better grasp of the story. But even after I fully understood the story, it still sucked. And even after all the revelations in MGS4, I went back and played it again, thinking I might have a better appreciation for it now. But nope, I still hated it. And pretty much whenever MGS4 addressed something from MGS2 is when its story started meandering. But, eh, I just kind of look at MGS as some kind of crazy-a** Japanese comic book with a little western flavor now, and it works on that level. But the original didn't have that cartoony feel to me, because it was mostly grounded in reality, and the few little s**t that wasn't was a lot more subtle and believable in its execution, and didn't bash you upside the head with it, like, say MGS2 - MGS4. And even Twin Snakes to some degree.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 pm
Thee Stranger
Chase Me To The End

It's gayness. And even though MGS4 gives contradicting explanations, it's still gayness. Here's where MGS gets all post-modern, pretentious, and, well, dumb. Be prepared for a lot of plot holes, contradictions, and s**t that doesn't make any sense. I realize that was kind of supposed to be the point, but, well, it still sucks. The same thing has been done in other mediums and genres, and done much better. I don't think MGS was proper vessel for this kind of story, but I guess that's just me. My MGS stealth action game shouldn't be like a frikkin' David Lynch film. There's a huge plot hole towards the end that isn't explained unless you gleamed the information from the Document of Metal Gear Solid 2, which is basically a making of DVD. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't have to refer to other sources outside of the game to understand what the ******** is going on in its own damn storyline. And there's still another plot hole at the end that even MGS4 didn't explain. With MGS2, the gameplay is really the only redeeming quality. I probably played through that one the most, because the gameplay was so fun. As well as for the unlockables, dog tags, and to get a better grasp of the story. But even after I fully understood the story, it still sucked. And even after all the revelations in MGS4, I went back and played it again, thinking I might have a better appreciation for it now. But nope, I still hated it. And pretty much whenever MGS4 addressed something from MGS2 is when its story started meandering. But, eh, I just kind of look at MGS as some kind of crazy-a** Japanese comic book with a little western flavor now, and it works on that level. But the original didn't have that cartoony feel to me, because it was mostly grounded in reality, and the few little s**t that wasn't was a lot more subtle and believable in its execution, and didn't bash you upside the head with it, like, say MGS2 - MGS4. And even Twin Snakes to some degree.

Damn...Guess I'll have to find out for myself...

But yes, I totally agree. I shouldn't have to study outside sources to truly get a grasp of the situation.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:23 pm
MGS2 still had a pretty kick a** backstory, what with the Patriots and GW and whatnot. It was pretty ********. You'll see.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm
I am the Mindfreeeaaaak (MINDFREAK!)
There's no realityyyyy
I am the Mindfreeeaaaak (MINDFREAK!)
MINDFREAK!
MINDFREAK!

Buy my pontiac, b***h.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm
eek

WAT?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 am
MINDFREAK aka Criss Angel. A total David Blaine wannabe douche who had his own show on A&E way back in 2005 or some s**t. Maybe he still does, I don't know. The only real difference between him and David Blaine is that the MINDFREAK is all goth/rockstar and prettier, therefore making the 12 year-old girls who watch his show cream their pants. Aaaand he's total corporate tool. Advertisements and sponsorships are one thing, but his show was just ridiculous. He was sponsored by Pontiac, and his show was like an hour-long Pontiac commercial in itself, interspersed with about three different Pontiac commercials, starring him, and then commercials for his show, which consisted of him screaming, "MINDFREAK! MINDFREAK!" into the camera, cut to another Pontiac commercial with him in it, then cut back to his actual show, where they put him in a cube full of water in Times Square in which he "escaped" when a bunch of bubbles started forming in the cube so you couldn't see what the ******** was going on inside of it, and then he re-emerged on top of, you guessed it, a ******** Pontiac. All while holding his arms out and screaming like someone was raking the car alarm down a chalkboard while shoving the entire thing up into his a*****e (and he did this at the end of many of his tricks).

Here is the intro theme of his show: MINDFREAK!!!
And here is his Pontiac, b***h: Pontiac, b***h

So anyway, yeah. Whenever someone says ******** or something of the like, I'm probably gonna break out into the MINDFREAK! song. I'm sorry. I've been scarred for life.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:04 am
I know what Mindfreak is. Never really cared much for him. I mean, he was cool at first, but.... I guess it was when he was at an awards show, announcing a winner, and he was all like, "I'm gonna pay tribute to Ozzy Osbourne," and bit the head off a rat, that I was like, "Eff this guy."
So I never bothered watching him since.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 am
Meh. I never liked 'im.

And has any 60gig PS3 owners ever had any problems with their PS2 backwards compatibility? Last night I popped Mark of Kri in, and while I got sound, the picture wouldn't display. I just got a black screen. Resetted the PS3 and tried it again, and same thing. The PS2 title screen would come on, but then it would go black. I thought maybe it had something to do with my video settings, since I got it hooked in through the HDMI on full 1080p. But then I popped in Shinobi and it worked fine. So then I tried Mark of Kri again, only I powered the controller back on just as soon as it automatically shut off when I booted up the PS2 disc and it worked. Then I tried that same thing over again, and it didn't work the second time, but worked again the third time. Anyone else ever have this issue?  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:09 pm
Nope, never had problems like that. The weird thing is, even on Sony's official site, it doesn't list any reported problems for Mark of Kri: http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

What condition is your disc in?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:14 pm
********. Not so much as a blemish, let alone a scratch. I'm pretty a**l about that stuff. My PS3 also freezes quite a bit when I use the web browser. Maybe I should take it apart and clean it or something.

It's weird, though. Because I've tried about a dozen of my other PS2 games, and they all work fine. Whenever you boot up a PS2 game, your contoller automatically turns off and you get that little notification to turn it on once the game starts. With Mark of Kri, that notification pops up for less than a split-second before the screen goes black. Powering on the controller the second it shuts off, before the game actually starts and before I get that notification, gets it to play correctly 95% of the time. And that seems to be the only solution. But even that's not 100%.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm
Well, the web browser thing is troublesome for me too. Especially when I use Youtube. Same with my friend's PS3, so that's something common. Hopefully Sony will fix it in a future firmware upgrade.

That Mark of Kri deal is weird though. Actually, every single PS2 game I've tried works perfectly fine. Couple of PS1 games glitch out, but still functional. But none of them freeze, or not start up... I dunno what to tell you, man. I'll meet up with my guitarist on Saturday, and if we're at his place... Well, I dunno if he has Mark of Kri or not, but he has a crapload of games, so I wouldn't be surprised. And if he does, I'll test it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:46 pm
Got a new movie up guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyoVSb8vzek

Hope you enjoy.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 pm
That was pretty funny, haha. But god, I HATE that song. burning_eyes  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games