Welcome to Gaia! ::

Classic Old School ANime

Back to Guilds

This is a Guild about Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, and all those old classics! 

Tags: Anime, Sailor Moon, Japanese Culture, Yuri, Shoujo 

Reply ~*~*~ The All New Tenchi Muyo Guild ~*~*~
reiyoko's thread of sake and off-topicness! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 741 742 743 744 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sake?
yesh!
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
nuuuu!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
give me my ramune and leave me alone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
not thirsty, but a cookie would be nice!
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
a moose once bit my sister.....
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 pm
*peeks head around corner*

Hello. razz I haven't been around for..uhh...a long time. sweatdrop

How is everyone?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 am
I've been doing okay, but everyone has abandoned this place. It's really sad, but people come in here maybe a few times a month at most...  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 am
WHOO HOOO GAIA has let me back haiiiiiiiiii guys xD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 am
Here there Tenchi! Nice outfit!  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
Here there Tenchi! Nice outfit!

ty biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 pm
Here's my annual post!  

Chibi Riku 22

astroninja1

Dedicated Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:22 pm
I forgot I was still in this guild. anyone still around?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:32 am
Few of us ever really come around anymore. Mostly because this place has so little activity anymore. We check in on this place every now and then. If there was more activity I know I at least would check in more.

BTW How have you been Astro?  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tenchi Misaki1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:18 am
i miss this place we seriously need a recuritment drive or something clear most of these old topics away and start fresh!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm
Well we've tried some of that in the past and it hasn't worked too well. *Sighs*

Though it would be nice to see some new life in here. Also I'll start removing some of the old threads again.  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chibi Riku 22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:19 am
Is it possible the guild could get more life by changing the actual guild itself? It sounds like heresy but if pure-bred Tenchi Guild is no longer cutting it, maybe something different could change that??
Old style anime? Is there already something like that out there?
I'd be willing to donate a s**t load of gold if I thought it would help but I dont see the potential...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 pm
Chibi Riku 22
Is it possible the guild could get more life by changing the actual guild itself? It sounds like heresy but if pure-bred Tenchi Guild is no longer cutting it, maybe something different could change that??
I'd be willing to donate a s**t load of gold if I thought it would help but I dont see the potential...

I change it, but honestly? Nobody comes around anymore. With FB growing more popular, greater diversity of F2P games, and more. There's just not that much interest from all the old people in Gaia Online much anymore if at all.

Honestly the only reason I came back as much, was because of the connections and fond memories I had with everyone  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Captain

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chibi Riku 22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:12 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
Chibi Riku 22

I change it, but honestly? Nobody comes around anymore. With FB growing more popular, greater diversity of F2P games, and more. There's just not that much interest from all the old people in Gaia Online much anymore if at all.

Honestly the only reason I came back as much, was because of the connections and fond memories I had with everyone

#memories

So lets see, since I last posted back in November of 2013...

December 2013, I quite my job at Starbucks, had been graduated from Bakersfield Community College for almost 6 months, new girlfriend for about 11 months, moved back home.
June 2014 I started working at a software company in tech support.
September 2014 my girlfriend moved in with me to the apartment I shared with 2 other guys.
December 2014 I proposed to my girlfriend - she said yes!
Apparently 2015 was a blur... I think that was the year my sister's health rapidly declined due to her sudden heart condition. She had surgery and is doing much better now. I think she got married in 2015, what a mistake that was for her.
February 2016 we took an early honeymoon to Japan where we stayed mainly in Tokyo, traveled to Okayama (Tenchi hometown shout out), and Himeji via bullet train.
March 2016 we tied the knot at Ragged Point, CA.
2017... maybe this was the year my sister had heart surgery? I can't remember, it was hell.
November 2017 we got a mortgage for a mobile home in town - our first home!
February 2018 we bought two adorable chihuahua/dachsund/mix puppies (sisters)
September 2018 I turned 30, we partied it up in Vegas
October 2018 my dad survived a heart attack about 2 weeks after my birthday. Then a week later I got really sick, and we found out my wife was a month pregnant - WOO HOO!
November 2018 our dogs are 1 year old!

Things are good, hectic, stressful, non-stop, tiresome, but good. I still do technical support for the software company I started working for 4 years ago (soon to be 5). I have come to enjoy the life I've found myself living in, and in so many ways I could not be happier. Still fighting the good fight, whatever it happens to be on a daily basis.

So the guild may be dead, that much is apparent, but I've enjoyed the memories, and sleepless nights we all shared way back in the day. I'm happy I got to meet you all through something as simple as a 90's harem sci-fi anime. I hope life has treated you well thus far, and if not, I hope you all find the peace that life can offer.

If I had to leave any inspirational quotes from the show I can think of off the top of my head that ring out to me, it is the following.

"I would rather die than forsake any one of them." - so powerful still, truly inspirational for me throughout the years.

"Now is the time to grasp the future!" - Katsuhito, ever wise, ever a pain in the a** with obvious wisdom. I'm a procrastinator by trade, I do my best work at the final minute of the final hour. It's a s**t ethic at times but damn has it worked for me!

"Always put off til tomorrow what you can do today. Wait that didn't come out right." See above.

"Tenchi." some of the most dramatic and heartfelt moments from the show for me have come down to when Ryoko, Ayeka, Sasami, Washu, MIhoshi, hell even Nobuyuki utter his name and convey such emotion from just a single word. We can put emotion and feeling into anything we choose, and for one person to be such a source of love and affection, I think I finally understand why empathy is such an important thing to me. While it may be nice to turn the other cheek and give the enemy the benefit of the doubt, we sadly don't live in that world, and we have to have the strength to say no, when even what we want to do is help someone. Saying no is sometimes the right thing to do.

I've been a fan of many anime series over the years since I was a kid but this is one of the very few that has had that lifelong lasting effect for me. Who knows, maybe in 5 years (if Gaia is still operating), I'll check back to see how everyone is doing, and post a picture of Robin for everyone to see hahaha. Please be a girl but if you're a boy I'll love you all the same!! sweatdrop heart  
~*~*~ The All New Tenchi Muyo Guild ~*~*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 741 742 743 744 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff