Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:29 am
Hahaa... But even if they succeeded, which is likely they won't, and if they did it would take millenia, what good would it bring to the world? There would be no such thing as death, and as much as I hate it and I know it's extremely painful, death is an inevitable cycle of life. If people didn't die but more children were continually born, then the world would soon be over-populated. Then again, maybe by then they would have invented crazy technology that would allow us to live on spaceships in space or create our own planets, or live on Mars, and then we'd spread all across the galaxy. xD  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:20 am
Apparently, you can get calf reduction operations where they cut of bits of your calf muscle...
neutral  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:11 am
And uh... what's the point of that?  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:40 am
To be skinny like vogue models. neutral  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:43 pm
Well ain't that a load of bollocks.
D<  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:42 am
Yes. Bollocks, but instead of a load, there will be...tiny flat ones. surprised  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 am
Indeed! xDD  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:06 pm
@ CBC: When you become rich, you can fund our research xD
We'll probably blow up a lab every three days, owing to the fact that we both can't control any of our experiments.

I mean, once all I had to do was heat acid in a jar, and it somehow ended up dripping over my stool and desk stare . And I almost burned a hole in my textbook because I was heating metal and I dropped it. I blame the stupid tongs xD

O.O My friend had surgery done to her calves. She's uber rich and Korean, but all she cares about is maths and being thin. She's been on a diet all year, and what's more I don't really think it's making any difference. She wasn't even fat to begin with.

@ B&B: Clubbing... *shudders*. Being in a loud room full of sweaty guys and girls binging on vodka has never really appealed to me...

And by the "staying young forever", we were actually thinking that you stay young- until you die. We know all about population, because we just spent a good term-and-a-half studying it meticulously in Geography.
And I would find this world incredibly boring if I lived forever. Though she actually wants to be immortal, we've decided that that really isn't going to work. And we have agreed that it would be cool to find out if there is anything after death. And we have agreed that to die right now would be really sad because we wouldn't get to read the rest of Bleach manga. And we have also agreed that we should keep the project as secret as possible, to avoid assassins from the Church who would think that it might upset God or whatever.

Come to think of it, is anyone here religious?

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 am
It'll be like Brave New World! Everyone takes the ecstasy-like pills you guys make, look young and die at 30!

Dylan Moran at recent gig in Sydney: I have lots of Christian friends who are close to me, and they often say "I prayed really hard...and the fairy came!" And I say, "That's nice, have a biscuit." But I don't like it when they tell me to let the fairy into my heart. I wouldn't even let them into my garden!  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:15 am
@Liani: Exactement. My sentiments exactly. (8

Aaah, I see. Now that would be good. A bit odd, yes, but it would be good, because personally I would rather die comfortably at 60 having led a fulfilled and happy life than live till 80 and die wracked with illness like cancer or something. The thing about old age that scares and really doesn't appeal to me is the fact you become reliant on other people; well, to me, that's not really living anymore. I don't want to be old old. I don't mind growing up, becoming an adult, blah blah, but not old so I can't go out for a run or walk, etc. So if such a thing came into existence I would be happy, and it would make me want to live longer. Reasons for living longer include watching this world evolve (twenty years is a long time!) and watching grandkids and stuff grow up... Hm. (:

Religious, nah. I used to be definitely athiest - no God, not for me - but I think, after some consideration, I'm agnostic, though I suppose at the moment I am pretty athiest. I don't believe in God, but that's not to say one day I may change my mind. I don't think I'll ever quite believe in God, but things like spirits... that's not set in stone for now.

I'm quite cynical of organised religion, by the way, so if I say anything offensive then I apologise in advance. It's just my point of view. I don't believe in organised religion and I never will (and by organised religion I mean any sort of cult/religion, like Christianity and Islam and Hindiuism). I believe we should all have our own religion rather than following someone else's principles and stuff...  

Chibito7

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 am
My friend who used to be goth/emo/pubescent told me that Satanism is the worship of oneself - which sounds fantastic.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:50 pm
I find RS lessons quite fun because we always have a heated Christians vs Atheist people debate xD

I seriously don't understand religious people. How can they be convinced so easily of a God when 1) there's no proof and 2) they themselves have never even seen him either? I understand people who might have had a moment of madness and seen God talking to them in their dreams or likewise, but when I ask my friends "Why are you Christian?", many of them reply "Because my parents are Christian".

And some try to justify their beliefs by saying random things like "They found Noah's Ark on top of a mountain".

¬.¬

I mean, WTF?! Someone probably dumped it there.

And apparently Christians can now use violence to defend their religion, because Jesus did. But wasn't "Wrath" one of the deadly sins? They're contradicting themselves...

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

BlacksandBlues

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:26 am
Maa... I don't get it either, Liani. I can understand those who need something to believe in, perhaps because they're not strong enough (I'm not saying that that is usually the case), and I understand those who follow their family's beliefs because that's all they've ever known; but the whole 'I was born' into a religion doesn't work in my head. I was born a Buddhist, doesn't make me a Buddhist, because I made up my mind about what I believed in.

lol @ cbc.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:38 am
When did Jesus use violence?! I thought the dude was meant to be the original hippie!  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:59 am
That's something that can irk me about some uber religious people - making excuses for their actions because of their religion. Don't make religion a scapegoat, for Christ's (no pun intended) sake.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games