Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:27 pm

ninja Jesus was violent when he threw out the money-changers from the temple (Matthew 21:12, Mark 11:15, John 2:8 ).
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:14 pm

ninja Darth Charlie pops up again just to make a biblical remark?

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:03 am

We might be better off worshiping Charles as our deity. He only pops in once in a while, and he doesn't comment. I like unobtrusive gods like that.
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:04 am

I second that.

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Hehehe. And everyone just ignores Elfy xD

@ CBC: Apparently when he found out that people were trading in the temple at Jerusalem, Jesus was so angry that he upended all the tables...

I mean, talk about a bad influence. Teaching innocent kids how to be violent.

@ B&B: My friend's a Buddhist, but she also thinks Christianity is stupid... Though she seems to like Buddhism enough. Apart from the fact that Buddhists are supposed to be vegetarian and she seems to only eat meat, that is. And I was saying "if you think religion's so useless, why do you have a religion?" and she goes "OMG! Buddhism is more like a teaching. All we want is to be happy all the time!" and I was like ¬.¬ "Doesn't that make you selfish?"

Fortunately for me, I was born into a religion-free family. My grandparents are all non-religious. Not having a religion is so relaxing cool . You don't have to worry about bothering God or anything~
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:56 pm

He he, I bet no one noticed my white text. xd

My parents and I are atheists as well, although for a period in the 1990s we were considering joining the Jehovah's Witnesses, that slightly whacky Christian sect group. However, a strong buddhist tradition does run in our family, since when my grandparents are around we always tend to visit a buddhist temple once in a while.

Minielf

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:02 am

@ Elfy: I never notice things like that... unless I'm bored.

O.O Google Chrome even checks your spellings for you on Gaia.

OMFG lol it doesn't recognise the word "Google"!
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:59 am

Lol Mini, don't give yourself too credit! I noticed. (8

I find Buddhism the most tolerable because, indeed, it's not so much a religion as it is a spiritual teaching and guide to leading a moral life. Nonetheless, I am not a Buddhist and never will be, though I believe many of my personal beliefs coincide with Buddhism's.

I guess I just don't believe in rules for people's beliefs. As long as they don't hurt other people, you should be entitled to free will, entitled to believe in what you want to believe in.

Chibito7

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:43 pm

The buddhist philosophy is indeed a really good one, since it doesn't force you to associate yourself with a church like Christianity does, nor is it as intolerant of unbelievers as Islam. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to be a devout practitioner either, as that would mean being a strict vegan and giving most of the material comforts that I take for granted.
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:44 am

Bill Bailey on Hinduism~ biggrin

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:36 am

Does anyone actually understand what the heck scientology is? My dad thinks it's a part of the Church, my brother argues it's the furthest thing from it. *shrug* Whatever it is, from what I know from Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' beliefs in it, it's crazy, and I could never be a scientologist myself. I just don't get it.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:44 am

Basically, there are lots of fairies. And if you give the fairies some chocolate covered credit card numbers and passwords, they'll reward you by letting you have some of their powder and fly to Mars when you OD on your own stupidity.

cold_blooded_chick

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:09 am

Well, in scientology, we are "Immortal spiritual beings that have forgotten our true nature," according to Wikipedia.

OMFG. Who is crazy enough to believe that?! I really don't feel very immortal or spiritual right now...
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 am

I'm more feeling the stress of exams. Did I mention I haven't started revising? Did I mention they're less than a week away? And did I mention they're extremely life-changing?

gonk

Chibito7

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:23 am

Same here! surprised
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 743 744 745 746 747 748 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games